Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139819 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by abbakacici: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
Maser: That school is not a British school. No British school will charge in Dollars. They're always proud of their good old Pound Sterling. That school is a real rip-off school floated by a Nigerian and then using the name "BRITISH" to extract cash from status hungry Nigerians and sadly, its working for them. They've made a fortune. It's quite easy to fool Nigerians. Just once in a while bring in some white skin fellas from England to come and address students to give Parents a sense of white networking and they'll happily fork out millions. A word of advise, A child who will be great will be great, regardless of these schools. It takes hardwork, devotion to the Child's academics on the part of parents and above all God. I attended same Uni abroad with some of those moneybag's kids and trust me, they ain't smarter than a hardworking guy from your street school. All boils down to individual.
yes, but the sad true is that they will get the jobs, contract before you most of the time, and this is not only happening in Nigeria but all over the world where by Connection is more value than competence

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
lovinam: I've heard so much about that school. I'm considering it on scholarship levels tho cos their school fees is something else, last I heard.
I don't know of scholarship, my friend paid his tuition in full. Amazing place to be, funny thing is most of his classmates left Nigeria after the program.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by stagger: 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
faithugo64: most of the students there dnt study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes cant stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with;a certificate or a sabificate

Seconded!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
If you steal money, carryout meaningful projects that generate fund or you are a politician, then raising such fund is childs play....ask Dangote and others cheesy I attended Community primary school okporo, and am proud of it....
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by iluvweed(m): 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
ZACHIE:

Sink this into your skull, AT 20M/ANNUM INCOME, YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO SEND YOUR WARDS TO SUCH SCHOOLS.

I have only 1 daughter, so with 20m I cant send her to a 2m per annum school.... shocked
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by kropelgrada(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:
True talk!! Dangote has become a paradigm for most of these guys, they fail to take into account various factors.
Dangote is a one off, the kind that comes once in a generation or two. These folks need to start setting realistic goals for themselves. Dangote is still in his 50s & worth about $25 billion, (a growth of more than $10billion in the last 5 years) yet they think is by magic or wishful thinking.
You've got it all wrong,Dangote is not a one off.You seem to forget that each generation comes with their own type and genius.
For your information Bill Gate was worth $46 Billion,but just under 10 years he has managed to almost double that amount.And in that 10 years he didn't see Mark Zuckerberg or those other Twitter guys coming.The world will still be led by new innovations and thinkings,and the common man will still be ripped off by such innovations.And the same applies for Nigerians.Even the "almighty" Dangote will tell you that potentials abound in Nigeria that still needs to be tapped.And there are still young vibrant Nigerians with serious aspirations everywhere..Even Oluwaseun Osewa of Nairaland,do you know how much he makes from web traffic and all?cos Forbes has not published his net-worth yet?.Maybe that is why you think boys are smiling..Boys are not smiling oo.Like i know a young Nigerian over here in the UK who closes deals like no man's business and he is always a step ahead when it comes to business ideas and innovations.You don't need Ivy league college or universities to teach you that.Survival instincts comes from within and it will drive you to success.
Yes we are stricken by the "poverty mentality" syndrome,but out of this syndrome comes determination to succeed and ability to survive under harsh conditions.You'll get to appreciate Nigerians a lot when you meet them outside the shores of the country.
Why i'm vexed by your continous reference that you must attend one of these ivy league high schools to be leaders of industries or for the so called "benefits" or "cliques" that comes with it;is that your case is not always true..
I happen to be pursuing a higher degree in a foreign land and in a reputable school and i see guys who attended ordinary secondary schools and ordinary Federal and State Universities giving these so called Ivy league secondary school/University kids a good run for their money and these guys just happened to be privileged to have grants and scholarships to study outside the shores of the countries.And during career seminars and fairs when the oil companies and other MNC's or blue chip companies comes calling,it is those exceptionally brilliant kids who have earned their bragging rights through hard work that they will go for.And i don't see so many "Ivy league school" kids there.
Now tell me in the next 10-15 years when it is time for roll call of the next generation leaders who are you going to find there,you are still going to find these kids who made it through determination to succeed at the helm of affairs and as captains of industries.These Ivy league kids always end up managing their father's companies and industries and don't always surpass their father's achievements cos they believe everything should come to them on a platter of gold.
Yes they have their own cliques et al..but nothing comes out of it than pure social networking and gatherings.Even Dangote would rather deal with a guy with a humble back ground who is ready to knuckle down and fetch him results than these so called Ivy league kids.Cos he knows these guys are hungry for success and determined to succeed.
So you don't need Ivy league schools to be successful in life guy.I'm not saying that it is not good,but all i'm saying is that they are not worth dying for.And just as you think that "poverty mentality" is eating us up,so is "i want to belong mentality".Some things are just meant to happen and some are not.If your father has money and out of his subconscious decides to send you to an ivy league,fine,but that does not mean you are intellectually superior to an average,middle class or lower class kid,or determines your stance in life.

6 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by itstpia1: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
abbakacici: yes, but the sad true is that they will get the jobs, contract before you most of the time, and this is not only happening in Nigeria but all over the world where by Connection is more value than competence

Well said.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by lovinam: 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yes they have scholarship. Its on their website
blink182: I don't know of scholarship, my friend paid his tuition in full. Amazing place to be, funny thing is most of his classmates left Nigeria after the program.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by kingwale1: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.
Rainbow College,Asese,Ogun State
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by louiskay(m): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
geophyscist: calibre am waiting for you bastard to tell me how much you have, you are intimidating people online i want to meet you one on one and know how much you have.
. MR man na u dey intimidate urself jooooR ............. Abeg stp Bragging ............. U fit see the guy make ur balls crack ooo .............. Stp hAting ........ Wic way forward
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by soulglo: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
HarrveySpecter: There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed.

My nieces and nephew went to that school. At first I thought it was ridiculous. Their school list alone cost more than you would pay for 3 kids in other schools. Given the state of the education in Nigeria and knowing that my Uncle would never send his kids outside the shores of Nigeria to live without him I came to respect why they sent them there.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
is there no any image?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by louiskay(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
Time to let u know all these schools in the aladin's cave are a bunch of crappy Shitty mess......... Ur papa send go go europe to study u lata change ur mind to study music ............. After all the luxurious and sophisticated potential ur expensive and over hyped second school say u get ....................... High school LO LE SE E .............................

#well I will surely send my kids to the best school in town durin my fathership perioD ..................................................#. EDucation is never, will never and can never be to expensive #.

##THANK ___u#
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Archildao:
Why Refare To His Parents Over A Mere Post?He Was Just Being Sarcastic!
he may have looked a little rude from that post but he did not insult his parents. i want to give my kids what my parents could not give me, did i insult my parents?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ekoboy: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
baggy4luv: nothing like class classification.Its called social stratification.
Brother I too know. What are you talking about
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by babysmart(f): 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
hmmmn....4m annually....never realised dere ar such skuls in naija...will av its advantages tho...nd obviously its our infamous politicians who will b able 2 afford it nd biz icons like-dangote(only God knws aw many tyms his name has bin mentioned on dis thread)....bt com 2 tink of it...if u went to cheap govt skuls nd u grow up nd start earnin so much 2 b able 2 afford such 4 ur kids den no p bt den...did God bless u wit dat money 2 live an xtravagant lyf without evn makin an impact in oda pples lives wit dat money esp considerin where u re comin frm...it wouldnt hurt 2 pump back som of dat money in2 d community (e.g scholarship fund) 4 dose who ar in dire need of it instead of jst spendin anyaw in d name of gud education jst because u can afford it...

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
Kzinne: don't agree with you. what community secondary schools are you talking about? those street schools in lagos where hooligans come to for free education. where the teachers are paid very ridiculous sums as salaries. these private schools are way better. the only schools in nigeria that can beat them are the Kings Colleges, Queens colleges, and the first generation FGCs (federal government colleges- sagamu, ijaniki, odogbolu, enugu, ilorin). apart from these schools, sorry you are on a very long thing

None of those schools stand the chance. Education has gone beyond passing SSCE etc. The students in this schools are first-rate.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Na wa o! Too much beef for this thread starting from the first person to comment.
Say No To Poverty!!
Anyway Op you didn't list the ones in Abuja.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Brush1: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.

This uncalled for, way too excessive.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Chibaby87(f): 12:00am On Aug 25, 2014
The name of that school is straightgate and foreigner attend to that school, in Isara Remo north, Ogun state.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by jamoyakz: 12:02am On Aug 25, 2014
People don't understand the reasons why parents pay so much in all these schools.. The main reason is for networking cause their wards mingle with rich kids unlike us that attended government secondary schools and mingled mainly with people that are not up their!! #note most of these kids that attended such schools are doing well naturally cause of the enabling environment and platform they got
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Jesuspistol(m): 12:14am On Aug 25, 2014
dehmohlah: [size=8pt][/size]

You are right brother, but not totally right. INTELLIGENCE can be worked upon

Yeah that's why I said mainly
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by dehmohlah(m): 12:18am On Aug 25, 2014
Jesuspistol:

Yeah that's why I said mainly
Hmmm, got dat
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by darami(f): 12:33am On Aug 25, 2014
I think its mostly about networking. There's a secondary school here in my State that cost arm and leg. Despite our good school system, parents still sent their kids to this school. People sent their kids from all over the world to this particular school. Its annual fees is over $46,000. I once asked a colleague why parents sent their kids to this school. Her response "networking" imagine a white person outer such a statement. Kids that attend this school are bound to get admission to ivy school and top rated colleges in the States. One thing that amazed me is that lot of parents can afford this school. How? Payment plan, Scholarship, financial aid. Thus, its affordable for almost everyone.
My prayer as a parent is may God cause us to flourish and bless the work of our hands.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2014
After 13 pages there is still no images of those schools! What is going on here? angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by infolekan(m): 12:57am On Aug 25, 2014
I get where 50 Calibre is coming from.
I don't know why someone would open a page starting with Most EXPENSIVE schools in the country and start trying to run it down when you know you're not one the RICHEST folks in your lineage not to talk of village.
You'll see people here throwing names of People that dint bother to go to good schools and did well but won't bother to ask where the children of those peeps are going to.
I want to give my children better than what I got and that should be every parents dream.

Bill Gates has poured millions into K12 schools in US while his 3 children attend Lakeside School( which is Seatle most elite and private schoool)

Jonathan dint have a shoe but I'm sure you won't find a shoeless student at American International School in Abuja where his children attend.
Wise people value education and while it doesn't make the man....it adds to the man.
The fact that you see it as expensive doesn't mean everyone sees through your mirror.
Even your so called cheap private school at 100k is still a waste of money to a poor soul somewhere.
I pray to afford such for my children IN addition to all what we should teach them at home.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by IYANGBALI: 1:18am On Aug 25, 2014
Ile iwe awon omo poliTHIEVIANS
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by belovedsamex(m): 4:13am On Aug 25, 2014
good day Nairalanders. pls permit me to contribute to this thread.

First its not bad that parents send their children to these hyper expensive schools. it is he who knos the type of bird he wants to kill that chooses the weight of the pebble wit which to kill it.

also, its true dat dose schools have standards that are unmatched to average nigerian school. but this point have some comas. what is your definition of "average nigerian schools?". do you mean schools that dnt pay much or schools dat dnt offer much value?

i believe if we want to talk about value here we have to narrow it down to definte considerations. this will let us truely scrutinize which schools offer a better "value". i believe there is a conventional definition of VALUE which all schools have equal chances of offering irrespective of the amount they charge, and that VALUE is what is wat every EDUCATIONAL BODY expect from every school. However, if the term VALUE is define outside d context i just mention nw (educational context), that is probably where these schools will raise their shoulders high. The standard is that every school should be able to produce students who can demonstrate excellence in any examinition at their level set by any recognised exam body. However, these schools have gone to change the rules, giving parents more choices on the value to demand for when choosing a school for their wards.

In a nutshell, parents' choice of a school for their wards depends solely on their individual definition of value. I stand to say dat dose expensive schools mentioned are nt "better" than the so called "average" nigerian schools in ALL respect. when i was in secondary school, i had a lot of richmen children who came from Lagos to my school. those parents didnt send their wards to those expensive schools not because dey couldnt afford it, but their own definition of value was different. many parents could afford to send their ward to study in Havard and it will not shake their finance.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by belovedsamex(m): 4:40am On Aug 25, 2014
(continued pls...)

but they chose to send their children to a public school like university of Ibadan. How can you account for that in terms of value? Definitely there is something they see in UI which they dnt see in HAVARD...and that is what is in their definition of value. Infact, if we talk abt value in terms of academic excellence, those schools cannot differentiate from most of the "average" schools because there are thousands of nigerian schools who produce students dat make A1 all through in their exams. so in order to differentiate, these schools decided to redefine VALUE to their own taste to soute their money-making venture.

so if u really wana kno hw relevant it is to have such schools, set a platform for comparison between them and our nigerian "average" school as some of us call them. And the platform should take a definite format: mention a specific value e.g MORAL DISCIPLINE (because to some parents this is even more a priority than academic excellence) and let us compare and see if there are no "average" Nigerian schools who produce students dat are more MORALLY DISCIPLINED than those students from the rich school.

thanks.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by protonz(m): 6:39am On Aug 25, 2014
I rep Okota Grammar school!!!..........watin concern me!!™
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by coolguyone(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2014
chimoz: I went to a very local school but they are not better than me.
i like ur blive
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by eye2sabi(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2014
tebirim: If you steal money, carryout meaningful projects that generate fund or you are a politician, then raising such fund is childs play....ask Dangote and others cheesy I attended Community primary school okporo, and am proud of it....

lol... guy i luv this ur sch oo, guess u attended ccss rumukwuruwsi at secondary level too grin grin grin grin grin
lol... no wonda u stubborn like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.