Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) (27621 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Second Edition Winner::FUNAAB -Congratulations- / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Funom001:
Fynestboi I will wish to contribute on this. The way you are handling this debate is now getting boring. You can't try to favour all and make sure all of the debaters are present. Because if you simply do so. then you will do nothing at the end of the day. I guess most of the debaters all have something good to do also. You fixed a date for the debate and everybody is aware. anybody that is not present is doing it at his or her own disadvantage. Extending it day by day wont help matters.Because today Mr A might be free while Mr B is not free. Tommorrow Mr B might be free while Mr A might not be free. So do you want to be waiting for when both are free? well this is just a suggestion. no hard feelings. Wishing all the debaters success. SHALOM

I love this post and for your info I am the own that like the post. I want to be careful in my dealings to prevent been bias. On this note this debate will be holding tomorrow at 8pm. Any absent participants will be disqualified..... However for fairness if one participant for a school is only one the score of such participant will be doubled.....

Am very sorry for all this..... Such won't repeat itself... Thanks.

Any objection?
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by sammyscholar(m): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fynestboi:

I love this post and for your info I am the own that like the post. I want to be careful in my dealings to prevent been bias. On this note this debate will be holding tomorrow at 8pm. Any absent participants will be disqualified..... However for fairness if one participant for a school is only one the score of such participant will be doubled.....

Am very sorry for all this..... Such won't repeat itself... Thanks.

Any objection?
ok
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
I assume there is no objection. If that is the case then till tomorrow.

Miscellaneous
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
sammyscholar:
ok

Thank you...
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Miscellaneous(m): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fynestboi:
I assume there is no objection. If that is the case then till tomorrow.

Miscellaneous

no wahala bro……
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Miscellaneous(m): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fynestboi …… I want to add
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Miscellaneous(m): 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fynestboi I kind of object partially……

Reason is if you decide to double the score, it only tends to help debaters to become non challant towards appearance. Logically speaking, I suggest you double the score of the debater & then subtract a fixed point from each category or from the total sum; depends on which is most fair or you deem fit. Hope you get my point? For better explanation , let's talk on whatsapp if u wish.....
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Funom001: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Doubling the score will not be a good idea at all.For example.

School A

success =24

victory= 26

school B

wisdom= 31

favour =absent

school A = 24+26= 50

school B= 31×2= 62

then you mean School B just won like that.
please have another stragedy for it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fynestboi, we are sorry. Fix a date we wil make it
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Funom001:
Doubling the score will not be a good idea at all.For example.

School A

success =24

victory= 26

school B

wisdom= 31

favour =absent

school A = 24+26= 50

school B= 31×2= 62

then you mean School B just won like that.
please have another stragedy for it. Thanks

Logical.... So I think doubling score is still tentatively hold on to.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
Miscellaneous:
Fynestboi I kind of object partially……

Reason is if you decide to double the score, it only tends to help debaters to become non challant towards appearance. Logically speaking, I suggest you double the score of the debater & then subtract a fixed point from each category or from the total sum; depends on which is most fair or you deem fit. Hope you get my point? For better explanation , let's talk on whatsapp if u wish.....

My able coordinator noted. Hope you will be around for tomorrow showdown?
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Microflux:
Fynestboi, we are sorry. Fix a date we wil make it

The debate won't exceed this week... Tomorrow 8pm....
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Miracy(f): 10:47am On Jun 13, 2015
Oooops.... Apologies to the cordinators, my teammate, Co-debaters, judges and viewers. I couldn't make it cos i've been super busy plus there's a power cut here embarassed

Sincerely, i won't be able to make it today, I'm not prepared at all and there's no way i can get it done today .... If only it can be postponed till tomorrow.

Dunno if my request would be considered.. .. if not, too bad then cry

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hmmmmm

Sammyscholar?
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by sammyscholar(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
Fynestboi:
Hmmmmm

Sammyscholar?
hi
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
sammyscholar:
hi

Are you in support of tomorrow?
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by sammyscholar(m): 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
Fynestboi:

Are you in support of tomorrow?
ok. what time?
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
sammyscholar:
ok. what time?

7pn
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by sammyscholar(m): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Fynestboi:

7pn
ok. but i am seeing 8pm on the thread.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
sammyscholar:
ok. but i am seeing 8pm on the thread.

Adjusted...
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Miscellaneous(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
It has lived there for a long time. . .the sideline is gettinq crowded. I hope another net wont trap it firmly to the ground come tomorrow. The more you postpone, the more you get a new reason to postpone again. . . . Fynestboi

i dont think i'll be available to coordinate. . . bear with me. Jst coordinate. . .
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
Miscellaneous:
It has lived there for a long time. . .the sideline is gettinq crowded. I hope another net wont trap it firmly to the ground come tomorrow. The more you postpone, the more you get a new reason to postpone again. . . . Fynestboi

i dont think i'll be available to coordinate. . . bear with me. Jst coordinate. . .

For tomorrow? Hmmmmm
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 11:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
I hope this won't be postpone tomorrow.... I promise nothing will stop it.......
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 11:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
@ Fynesboi.............first let me commend you for the efforts and progress so far. But I wish to make a point here particularly with respect to scheduling. During the pre-planning stage, I did mention that we should be careful to avoid aiding a debating side ''unconsciously''. One way this is occuring and will continue is if the current scheduling appraoch is not done away with........I mean postponements. Winners emerge when there is a difference in vantage between the opponents and the vantages can come in time- ............. In essence, make a complete schedule of all debate fixtures so that participants will have sufficients information. Once you roll out the fixtures schedule, then you can leave a space of 3day at maximum for unavoidable rescheduling........more grace to you.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 12:05am On Jun 14, 2015
ogbonnajoe:
@ Fynesboi.............first let me commend you for the efforts and progress so far. But I wish to make a point here particularly with respect to scheduling. During the pre-planning stage, I did mention that we should be careful to avoid aiding a debating side ''unconsciously''. One way this is occuring and will continue is if the current scheduling appraoch is not done away with........I mean postponements. Winners emerge when there is a difference in vantage between the opponents and the vantages can come in time- ............. In essence, make a complete schedule of all debate fixtures so that participants will have sufficients information. Once you roll out the fixtures schedule, then you can leave a space of 3day at maximum for unavoidable rescheduling........more grace to you.

Subsequent one will strictly follow up this way... And proper awareness will be put in place.... You have not message me yet on whatapp?
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:29am On Jun 14, 2015
OAU ( can) VS FUNAAB (cannot)
"The Nigerian Youth Can Make a Great President"

ABU ZARIA ( tool of social engineering) VS IBADANPOLY ( a weapon of social destruction?)
The social media- a tool of social engineering or a weapon of social destruction?

This will be coming up either on the 20th or 21st of this month. So participants are to pick...
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:31am On Jun 14, 2015
Fynestboi:
OAU ( can) VS FUNAAB (cannot)
"The Nigerian Youth Can Make a Great President"

ABU ZARIA ( tool of social engineering) VS IBADANPOLY ( a weapon of social destruction?)
The social media- a tool of social engineering or a weapon of social destruction?

This will be coming up either on the 20th or 21st of this month. So participants are to pick...

PARTICIPANTS
OAU
miracy
microflux
bolaji73
Oluwatola93

IBADAN POLY
samyscholar
Darrytoz

PARTICIPANTS
ABU ZARIA
barackodam
teamsimple
neemcie
danjuma827

FUNAAB
pseudonomer
Nunushokoto
Ibsgal
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
Waiting.....
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by sammyscholar(m): 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Fynestboi:
Waiting.....
ok
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
guys whats going on ooo? sad sad

OAU
miracy
microflux
bolaji73
Oluwatola93

IBADAN POLY
samyscholar
Darrytoz
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
sammyscholar can you go ahead to post your argument...
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
MIRACY
MICROFLUX

whatup

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mosa Oladele Had Best Thesis In UK University, 6 A's In WAEC / Umezurika Opata Wins $100,000 AU Award (Photo) / Imo Has Highest Number Of UTME Candidates 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.