Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

World War 3 In The Making - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World War 3 In The Making (4800 Views)

Even At My Death, I Will Start World War 3...hitler / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World War 3 In The Making by gists: 5:25am On Aug 24, 2014
Russia is bigger than US in terms of landmass but like someone pointed out far too fewer cities, making it easy for the US to decide which prime cities to target. But the main challenge russia has in my opinion is funding. War is EXPENSIVE (both in human and financial/material resources) US is FAAARRR TOO RICH & HAS TOO MANY ALLIES to fight alone by Russia who does not seem to have too many friends on her side and obviously not that rich.

Much as I am not so much in support or against the US, I think the Obama administration is just being cautious with Russia. For a conventional war, the US has ALL the resources (millitary, economic, propaganda machines CNN et al, friends/ally etc) to beat the russians many time over even though it will not be a complete work-over. But the problem is we all know this is not going to be a conventional war. When it comes to US vs Russia with Nuclears warheads stockpiled by both countries, its certainly going to be a MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction).

So yes, the US will beat Russia - but the question is AT WHAT COST? That is why I think (just my opinion) the Obama gov. is being cautious.

4 Likes

Re: World War 3 In The Making by Krak(m): 6:50am On Aug 24, 2014
lilprinze: I pity Africa when ww3 start we would just be spectators. There is no Africans country that has a single nuclear weapon, and good weapons for war apart from South Africa which is still formerly possessing nuclear weapon.

On the contrary, Africa would be the least affected in a nuclear war.

While the Western World and Russia would be suffering from a full meltdown, Africa would at worst suffer from some 'minor' after-effects.

That invariably means most of the survivors could actually be from Africa.

2 Likes

Re: World War 3 In The Making by emmalexabl(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2014
Nobleval: hia! You be mumu oo. Certified one for that matter.

Cowardval.. grin grin
kwarikwata rachaa gi anya!!
I want to witness WW3..

I know yu are another yolobass coward shitting on pant already bc you hear war.

You can commit suicide if you choose ..but for me, i will be alive to witness that..

So you nkita ara can now eat your heart out grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: World War 3 In The Making by lilprinze: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2014
Krak:

On the contrary, Africa would be the least affected in a nuclear war.

While the Western World and Russia would be suffering from a full meltdown, Africa would at worst suffer from some 'minor' after-effects.

That invariably means most of the survivors could actually be from Africa.
hmm you have a very good point.
Re: World War 3 In The Making by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2014
emmalexabl: I read about the WW1 and 2 and was told about Nigeria civil war..,
thanks to God i wud be witnessing WW3 live and direct....

Smh, and you think Africa will be spared? They'll turn us into a Bomb test facility if you dont know.

Last Bullet: Be careful what you wish for, it may just come to you...

2 Likes

Re: World War 3 In The Making by DaGC(m): 8:22am On Aug 24, 2014
The United States has the distinct advantage of being thousands of miles away from its foes, but it would be utterly foolish, even for them, to think they'll probably win any war.

3 Likes

Re: World War 3 In The Making by Krak(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2014
DaGC: The United States has the distinct advantage of being thousands of miles away from its foes, but it would be utterly foolish, even for them, to think they'll probably win any war.

That distance makes no difference again in a nuclear war. Just two Russian Nuclear Submarines can do the damage.

Plus we have MIRV's that will ensure Nuclear Warheads keep raining down on cities.

Pls pray it does not happen. Even the almighty USA is afraid of the nightmare.

The technology we have now is millions of times more deadly than during World War 2.

3 Likes

Re: World War 3 In The Making by bolaino(m): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2014
Lagusta:

are you okay?? I dont think so....

You need some sleep!!!
And you are
Re: World War 3 In The Making by lorRhyMeZ: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2014
BadBoy25: On Sunday morning, December 7, 1941, Japan attacked the American Pacific Fleet stationed at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. 2300 people were killed and eight battleships and numerous cruisers were damaged or destroyed. The following day (December 8, 1941), President Roosevelt declared war on Japan. over 3 million japanese perish after the United states descend on japan

They used nuclear bombs..they cheated! If the Japs made use of nuclear bombs in the attÀck of pearl harbour,the island wud have left the surface of the earth..moreover I suggest u go and read more on d aftermath of pearl harbour bombing,where u would find that the Americans actually tried severally to attack japan through the air and sea..they failed woefully...nukes became their only escape.

2 Likes

Re: World War 3 In The Making by eaglechild: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2014
OP looks like you just installed CNN newly.

WW3 indeed undecided
Re: World War 3 In The Making by lorRhyMeZ: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2014
In my opinion,3rd world war is already on..it may not b like the previous wars where nations squared up against each other directly,this one is more like a game of chess,where ur wits and brain determines who wins. What I mean is,obviously the super powers would never face each other directly,military technology has soooo advanced that the super powers wouldn't make the mistake of engaging each other,it will b raining nukes and d cost of lives would b high(in their respective countries)..so why would anyone b fighting a war where u know very well that ur opponents are equally able and capable,that for every nuke fired,there will b an equal and opposite reaction?

So logically,the super powers know that its not advisable to fight each other directly....not when they can simply make use of smaller and poorer nationsgrin Simply give them weapons,train them,and make them go at each othergrin Thereby Saving money and unnecessary loss of their "Almighty American or Russian lifes".

And who here can say its not already happening? Episodes in Ukraine,Middle east and so on and the consequent "Sanctions" the super powers through at each other is WAR! Buh this time with no "Super-Powerian" lifes lost,less money spent and Job well done! grin

1 Like

Re: World War 3 In The Making by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 24, 2014
_____

1 Like

Re: World War 3 In The Making by bolaino(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2014
lorRhyMeZ: In my opinion,3rd world war is already on..it may not b like the previous wars where nations squared up against each other directly,this one is more like a game of chess,where ur wits and brain determines who wins. What I mean is,obviously the super powers would never face each other directly,military technology has soooo advanced that the super powers wouldn't make the mistake of engaging each other,it will b raining nukes and d cost of lives would b high(in their respective countries)..so why would anyone b fighting a war where u know very well that ur opponents are equally able and capable,that for every nuke fired,there will b an equal and opposite reaction?

So logically,the super powers know that its not advisable to fight each other directly....not when they can simply make use of smaller and poorer nationsgrin Simply give them weapons,train them,and make them go at each othergrin Thereby Saving money and unnecessary loss of their "Almighty American or Russian lifes".

And who here can say its not already happening? Episodes in Ukraine,Middle east and so on and the consequent "Sanctions" the super powers through at each other is WAR! Buh this time with no "Super-Powerian" lifes lost,less money spent and Job well done! grin
Well said, "Proxy war" is the oldest war trick in the book, smh.
Re: World War 3 In The Making by stanech: 10:39am On Aug 24, 2014
America is far ahead of other nations. When it comes to weapons and secrets

1 Like

Re: World War 3 In The Making by Krak(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2014
lorRhyMeZ: In my opinion,3rd world war is already on..it may not b like the previous wars where nations squared up against each other directly,this one is more like a game of chess,where ur wits and brain determines who wins. What I mean is,obviously the super powers would never face each other directly,military technology has soooo advanced that the super powers wouldn't make the mistake of engaging each other,it will b raining nukes and d cost of lives would b high(in their respective countries)..so why would anyone b fighting a war where u know very well that ur opponents are equally able and capable,that for every nuke fired,there will b an equal and opposite reaction?

What you just described is Cold War Reloaded. Its different from World War o
Re: World War 3 In The Making by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2014
Dont hope for any form of war now as Obama (democrats) is in power. Just wait for the next republican president nutcase, then we can start gearing up for the world war!

1 Like

Re: World War 3 In The Making by egbaguy: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2014
una all dey craze abi? Who benefits from war? Even the eventual 'winner' will surely loose alot in terms of human,economic,environmental resources. I do wonder why the usa wnt allow other countries av nuclear weapon,when dey demselves av nuclear weapon?

1 Like

Re: World War 3 In The Making by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: Yes! Putin missed the good old days of the Soviet Union but he isn't trying to bring it back. He can't! What he is basically doing is protecting his reputation and bringing his supporters(Mostly of russian miniorities) in Eastern Europe closer to Russia. He invaded Ukraine(Crimean to be specific) largely because of the black sea fleet or whatever it is call.Russia have a military base there and if Crimea falls into the hands of the West they will claim it,the base is even rented.Nothing disgust Putin more than the presence of Yanks armies under his nose. That's why he is weary of Poland that is a member of NATO. Putin is a tactical leader!

The yanks can abandon the ISIS in Iraq anytime they pleases, it is not their problem. That is what they always do. They create a problem for a region and then abandon it. From Afghanistan to Iraq to Libya and now Africa. Anywhere they go they leave a trial of destruction. The Yanks funded ISIS in Syria and are now fighting against it in Iraq. Isn't that an irony undecided.

From the looks of things Hamas is not the only thing Israel wish to annihilate, they want to annihilate Iran, Syria, Jordan and the whole of the middle East if possible. The Jews are eager to test their babies(Nuclear bombs) on living things. The West and America especially would be disappointed with Israel. They have fully armed and created a beast they can't control. Israel will turn back to bite them after they are through with the Middle East. America is starting to realise they have made a terrible mistake.

As for North Korea, I pity them and they childish bragging. As much as i dislikes the US and they autocratic policies Kim jong un should leave the bombing of the US to grownup men like Putin and China. This is the only way that korea boy can get a bomb to the US gringringrin LMAO

↑ He should focus on South Korea first before even thinking of harming a minute part of the US smiley.

BTW i think this topic will make a good Frontpage material. Mods take note.
you really cracked ME up

3 Likes

Re: World War 3 In The Making by bolaino(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
careytommy:
you really cracked ME up
yeah he made me laugh too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Rails Are Back & Alive. / Cash Crunch Hit Buhari Campaign / Lagos State Pays N55,941billion Accrued Pension Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.