Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Catholic Priests That Changed The World - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests That Changed The World (39753 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by deeobserver209(m): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2014
What I find a bit odd about the Priest FATHER GREGOR MENDEL is his invention. I understand science is a field that tries to find solutions to human problems. Yet this guy choose to compound human problems further by inventing killer bees? undecided
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:09am On Aug 24, 2014
uzolexis: St Gregory, he invented the Gregorian calendar which is widely used today to count the days and months of the year

Coming soon thanks

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 24, 2014
ayusco85: ....
Emmalot121: .
Thebrightest: H
persie98: ok
[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]
Thebrightest: H
.....sad SMH...

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by segradino(m): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2014
Good work...there's reward in heaven for d sincere ones.

250MB for N400
500MB for N600
1GB for N1000 (or 1,100 recharge card)
2GB for N1800 (or 1,900 recharge card)
3GB for N2700 (or 2800 recharge card)
4GB for N3600 (or 3,800 recharge card)
5GB for N4500 (or 4,700 recharge card)

and now introducing the ETISALAT Data Bundles...
We enjoy the Speed of the etisalat network but it comes with a price

* 250MB - N400 (or 500 recharge card)
* 500MB - N700 (or 800 recharge card)
* 1GB - N1, 400 (or 1,500 recharge card)
* 2GB - N2, 500. (or 2,600 recharge card)
* 5GB - N5, 500. (or 5,700 recharge card)
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by TheBigUrban2: 9:11am On Aug 24, 2014
EyesWideOpen: That Mendel bastard! embarassed

ARE YOU OK?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2014
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by bokoarerams: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad
is dat d size of ur penisss?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by uzolexis(f): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad

yes Mary is the mother of Jesus. She was not lucky,she was specially chosen by God. When angel Gabriel appeared to her he said "you have been highly favoured by God" .....again, it was not luck.

21 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Pavore9: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2014
All l know is that to be a Jesuit Priest no be beans! lt is easier to get admitted to Havard university than joining the Order of the Society of Jesus! U go know wetin dey your head!

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2014
6) SAINT JEROME: JEROME translated the BIBLE into the common language of his day( latin) for once the precious truths of GOD's word could be enjoyed by the unschooled.Jerome is considered the most learned of the Latin Church
Fathers, being fluent in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, with
knowledge of Aramaic, Arabic, and Syriac, according to St.
Jerome: Perils of a Bible Translator. In addition, he made
available to westerners other Greek texts. Jerome had a
dream in which he was criticized for being a Ciceronian( a follower of cicero)
which he interpreted to mean he should read Christian
material, not the Classics, so he changed his focus.

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2014
7) St ALBERTUS MAGNUS: St Albert the Great was so influential in philosophy and
science in the Middle Ages that he has been named one
of only 33 “Doctors” of the Church. He was the first man
to comment on virtually every extant work of Aristotle
opening up the Greek philosophers to scrutiny. Without
his commentaries and his influence on his pupils,
modern philosophy would be a very different monster
today and one might even say that the enlightenment
may never have happened (as it was, in part, a rebellion
against the medieval philosophies of the likes of St
Albert). Through logic and observation, St Albert wrote
in-depth works on such varied subjects as logic,
theology, botany, geography, astronomy, astrology,
mineralogy, chemistry, zoology, physiology, phrenology
and more. He is, perhaps, the greatest thinker and most
influential scholar of the middle ages

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2014
Pavore9: All l know is that to be a Jesuit Priest no be beans! lt is easier to get admitted to Havard university than joining the Order of the Society of Jesus! U go know wetin dey your head!

The criterias are pretty tough

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by xynerise: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2014
Catholic lead others follow cool

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by omoredia: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2014
!!

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by passionate88: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2014
QAPHAYNE: 3) THOMAS AQUINAS: Atheists will definitely know this guy, this guy defied his family to join the DOMINICAN ORDER his SUMMA THEOLOGICA is still used in the seminary till date. He is the PATRON SAINTS OF STUDENTS. his family once locked him in a tower, sent in a prostitute just to prevent him from being a priestgrin
Just did an assignment on this guy... Awesome priest

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Infomizer(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2014
carbony4red: Story Story...................Story
Once upon a tym..........tym
dia was a man...........................................

There was a man, Mango!
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2014
deeobserver209: What I find a bit odd about the first Priest FATHER GREGOR MENDEL is his invention. I understand we humans have variety of passions and intrest in diverse fields. But upon all the problems faced by man in the area of health and science this guy choose to produce killer bees? undecided cheesy

Well at least his research opened doors for more medical breakthroughs

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by hannesy(f): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2014
panachuku: all i knw is dat giving birth to me was by accident
happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by mrarranger: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2014
Why all the hate on CATHOLICS?

As for me and my family,we will ask all from Jesus through Mary.

Make i say my CATENA......I dey come

22 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Pavore9: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

The criterias are pretty tough
Over tough dey worry am, ask guys whey attempt am!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by aguizm(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2014
Team catholic church all the way..So proud to be born a Catholic and so shall I be till Heaven calls

15 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2014
coolPOPE GREGORY XII : Our normal calendar is named after this guy I.e greorian calendar. This son of a wealthy senator rose to become one of Four doctors of the latin church he built 6 monastries before he became pope.

UZOLEXIS THANKScheesy

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by obayaya(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2014
Francesco Maria Grimaldi

Helped calculate the gravitational constant and helped our understanding of diffraction of light rays

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2014
hannesy: happy sunday
from a supposed xtain
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by PrettySpicey(f): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2014
I know of Saints Thomas Aquinas, Ignatius Loyola, Albert the Great, Jerome.... it was nice to know about St. Gregory and the rest.

Great read, OP.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by hannesy(f): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2014
panachuku: from a supposed xtain
what did I do nah lol
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by snika: 9:47am On Aug 24, 2014
What is this one saying? sad

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Bergs(m): 9:49am On Aug 24, 2014
I no knw y person go dey answer Father when e no get pikin......haba. oya haters make una run follow me

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by hannesy(f): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2014
Hmmm dis post yaf waka reach Front page now now
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Emmalot121(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2014
uzolexis:

yes Mary is the mother of Jesus. She was not lucky,she was specially chosen by God. When angel Gabriel appeared to her he said "you have been highly favoured by God" .....again it was not luck.
And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2014
Proudly Catholic

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2014
9) FRANCESCO MARIA GRIMALDI : A Jesuit priesr, he was the first to satisfactorily explain diffraction of light his bossom friend riccoli had this to say: ... Grimaldi was well prepared to teach all branches
of mathematics: geometry, optics, gnomonics,
statics, geography, astronomy and celestial
mechanics

Obayaya am grateful.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Margaret Amure Died And Came Back To Life With A Message From Jesus Christ / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Deplete People's Chances Of Making Heaven / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Jogging & Exercising In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.