Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Catholic Priests That Changed The World - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests That Changed The World (39511 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by uzolexis(f): 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ela59: Because She was carring the savior of the world. John in his mother womb, was sent to announce the fortcoming of Christ.
i think we are saying the same thing
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by cassyrooy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
uzolexis: St Gregory, he invented the Gregorian calendar which is widely used today to count the days and months of the year
Your head dey there!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by declaro(m): 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
grat1aeo: Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

This is the most wonderful pray I have ever know. Whenever I am in need and I say this prayer is answered immediately. She has never failed me even for once. Thank you very much.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by darthv: 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
patmaine:

. nobody 'll buy from u..amen
God does not honour evil prayers
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by declaro(m): 12:02am On Aug 25, 2014
DeepSight:
It is refreshing to read the OP because it is frankly nauseating to see the way atheistic fanatics these days make it appear than every one who believe in God or has a religion is an ediot.

The fact is that the vast majority of all learning in history has been propounded by religious people.

You made a wise comment here. 100+ likes for you
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by declaro(m): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2014
Emmalot121: After your write up,you wrote 'enough said.'
Do you belief the first creature created by God is Jesus christ?Do you belief Jesus knew Mary even before she was formed in her mother?Do you belief nobody is holy enough to give birth to the son of most high God?Do you in the spirit belief Christ is the father of all,including Mary?Do you in the spirit belief Mary is the child of Jesus.Do you belief God is the only perent of Jesus and Mary and Joseph were used in fulfilling the scriptures.Do you belief Mary would be like every other man in heaven with no special treatment just like a sinless and Godly man like John the Baptist would be the least man in Heaven,then my beautiful sister,we are on the same page.'

[size=28pt]So you didn't believe that Jesus Christ is God and was not created. John 1:1 continue.[/size]
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by declaro(m): 12:51am On Aug 25, 2014
CzarChris: So your interpretation of the woman in Rev. 12 is that its Mary abi? SMH, youngman, the woman described there is the church and the devil there signifies the devil persecuting the church. Truly ignorance is bliss.
Read man READ!!!

Which Church please? What is the name of the Church? Did you asked your self if Church has existed at the time John had the Rev. 12. But please tell me the name of the Church because I WILL START WORSHIPING THERE IMMEDIATELY.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by infolekan(m): 1:10am On Aug 25, 2014
How did all these inventions so to say change the world?
There's nothing house changing in all you listed not to now talk of the world.
Produced a failed killer bee....something about a calendar and some other things.
Nothing about LASER.... PENICILLIN.....even a LIGHT BULB and someone classifies all these accidental discovery as Catholic Priest that CHANGED the world. Most of the names are relatively strange to me and that makes them neophytes to me as I like to think I'm well versed in many areas.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by SkyRider1(m): 2:56am On Aug 25, 2014
declaro:

Which Church please? What is the name of the Church? Did you asked your self if Church has existed at the time John had the Rev. 12. But please tell me the name of the Church because I WILL START WORSHIPING THERE IMMEDIATELY.

There's only one church. The ones that protested and fell off are known as Protestants. These are the follks that go ahead erecting false gatherings in the name of church of this and church of that.

The acts of the apostles clearly defines the early church. And the church continue to survive persecutions in various forms. The church still holds to Christ promise that the gates of hell shall not prevail over it.

The bible (books) Christians quote was only compiled 300 years after Christ. Christainity is a human tradition passed on by early Christians. It was really a tough course till today. (Google history of the church)

So do not be misled by men asking you to join church of this and church of that. There is only one church with the Pope as head seated in the Vatican.

Catholics do not fuss with their faith. Why then do you bother them. Save your own souls and pray that the Mercy of God redeems all men.

... YOU CAN NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 5:03am On Aug 25, 2014
cassyrooy: Your head dey there!

Thank you
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 5:08am On Aug 25, 2014
infolekan: How did all these inventions so to say change the world?
There's nothing house changing in all you listed not to now talk of the world.
Produced a failed killer bee....something about a calendar and some other things.
Nothing about LASER.... PENICILLIN.....even a LIGHT BULB and someone classifies all these accidental discovery as Catholic Priest that CHANGED the world. Most of the names are relatively strange to me and that makes them neophytes to me as I like to think I'm well versed in many areas.

Gregor mendel revolutionalized GENETICS( hope u knw the impact of that today)?

Christainity is the most practiced faith in the world, so a major contribution to christainity transforms to a greater contribution to the world.

Please read through with an unbiased mind. Thanks
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 5:12am On Aug 25, 2014
cassyrooy: Rev. Father NICHOLAS COPERNICUS the Father of Astronomy. SMH

Is there a mistake? Kindly point it out. Thanks
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by infolekan(m): 6:45am On Aug 25, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Gregor mendel revolutionalized GENETICS( hope u knw the impact of that today)?

Christainity is the most practiced faith in the world, so a major contribution to christainity transforms to a greater contribution to the world.

Please read through with an unbiased mind. Thanks

I know all about the Mendelian law of inheritance......I said the heading gave ME a wrong impression.
Most of these discoveries aren't groundbreaking not to talk of world changing. I said most oo
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by ChikeJohn: 6:59am On Aug 25, 2014
As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad

Can you see a Spirit? St. Stephen said he saw the 'Son of Man' sitting at the right hand of the Father. This implies that Jesus was in the form of flesh when returned to heaven. Even the book of Revelations refer to Jesus as being in the form of flesh. As long as He is a Spirit but remains in the flesh form (Spirit-Man or God-Man), then Mary is still the Mother of Jesus.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by fajani(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2014
Emmalot121: And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad

read John chap1vs1 to the end...... when God wanted to create Human, he asked, let's create a man in our own image. Who do you think, he was asking the question?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Fourwinds: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2014
Bluewater86: Lies. Lieeeeeeees
[img]http:///3z8[/img][img]http:///3z9[/img]
what is ur problem.? go and google d names if what op says is true or not. I wonder y pple will just sit and say whatever dey like. d internet is at ur door step
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Fourwinds: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2014
Sermwell: Its all lies!!
go and confirm it. d internet is at ur door step. if u post something and I'm not sure or agree to it. d next thing is to do research on it. do just seat dere and condemn what someone has post
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Fourwinds: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2014
panachuku: all i knw is dat xtainity is a scam
I also think human existence is a scam.! what about dey babies we give birth to. all scam because I don't think someone is responsible for deir conception. wow.!!! all dis things just happen gbam.!!!! hail d atheists
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2014
Fourwinds:
what is ur problem.? go and google d names if what op says is true or not. I wonder y pple will just sit and say whatever dey like. d internet is at ur door step

Thank you.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Bishoptim(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad
.You seem to be the wisest and the the smartest being on earth.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Vikthor(m): 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Emmalot121: And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
Mtcheewww undecided
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Matigo: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
'Hail Mary full of Grace' the words of Angel Gabriel. Try to find out for yourself the semantic implications of this greeting and you will know more about Mary. We force no one to believe what we believe but wont accept any analysis paralysis of our belief.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Ubenedictus(m): 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ignatio:

May that time never come. Hybrid bees! Na wa o. You want to torture humanity to death. I wonder what happens when this science gets introduced to the human system.

his research is responsible for the agric chicken you eat.

His time is here.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Matigo: 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sort yourself out or one day you will call the woman who brought you to this world a sister or whatever. Even a nursery school child knows the answer to this question.
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Matigo: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Refer to the greeting of Angel Gabriel to clear the cloud in your vision on this.
Vikthor:
Mtcheewww undecided
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by pablus: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Any Nigerians or blacks among these Catholic pests?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Matigo: 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
Luke 1:42... You are most blessed among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb. How is it that the mother of my Lord comes to me? Perhaps some pick and choose that only the fruit and not the womb is holy. In that case, what is the base of your belief?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Ubenedictus(m): 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Olamilekan08:
Hmmm.. From the stories of Copernicus and Galileo that i've come across anywhere, he didnt publish his work for the fear of being persecuted by the church, because then, the church believe in the earth being the centre of the universe. And we all know what happen to those who oppose the church then.
This is the first time i am seeing this.

u are wrong!

Copernicus actually published his work, he dedicated it to the pope...

As long as he stayed on science, the church did distrub him...the pope even commended the work.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Olamilekan08(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ubenedictus:

u are wrong!

Copernicus actually published his work, he dedicated it to the pope...

As long as he stayed on science, the church did distrub him...the pope even commended the work.
I'm not still convinced with this version of the story. Galileo nko what happen in his own case?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by ElziLaz(m): 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and the ecology, was a Roman Catholic saint who took the gospel literally by following all Jesus said and did. Who Was St. Francis?by Leonard Foley, O.F.M. Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the Church by taking the gospel literally—not in a narrow fundamentalist sense, but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without limit and without a mite of self-is illness brought the young Francis to see the emptiness of his frolicking life as leader of Assisi's youth. Prayer—lengthy and difficult—led him to a self-emptying like that of Christ, climaxed by embracing a leper he met on the road. It symbolised his complete obedience to what he had heard in prayer: "Francis! Everything you have loved and desired in the flesh it is your duty to despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. And when you have begun this, all that now seems sweet and lovely to you will become intolerable and bitter, but all that you used to avoid will turn itself to great sweetness and exceeding joy."From the cross in the neglected field-chapel of San Damiano, Christ told him, "Francis, go out and build up my house, for it is nearly falling down." Francis became the totally poor and humble workman.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by ElziLaz(m): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and the ecology, was a Roman Catholic saint who took the gospel literally by following all Jesus said and did. Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the Church by taking the gospel literally—not in a narrow fundamentalist sense, but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without limit and without a mite of self-is illness brought the young Francis to see the emptiness of his frolicking life as leader of Assisi's youth. Prayer—lengthy and difficult—led him to a self-emptying like that of Christ, climaxed by embracing a leper he met on the road. It symbolised his complete obedience to what he had heard in prayer: "Francis! Everything you have loved and desired in the flesh it is your duty to despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. And when you have begun this, all that now seems sweet and lovely to you will become intolerable and bitter, but all that you used to avoid will turn itself to great sweetness and exceeding joy."From the cross in the neglected field-chapel of San Damiano, Christ told him, "Francis, go out and build up my house, for it is nearly falling down." Francis became the totally poor and humble workman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku/Buhari: When You Lose Don't Go To Court, Go Home, Apostle Suleman / 4 Major Things Ruining Young People Today / Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.