Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Catholic Priests That Changed The World - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests That Changed The World (39498 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by gatiano(m): 11:46am On Aug 24, 2014
Devil's rule is over, finished! never to be seen or experienced again forever and ever. so enjoy your few last seconds!
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Duplik8t77(m): 11:47am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:
coz i feel guilty weneva i bow 2 d statue of mary,although catholic will tell u dat dey honour mary bt dey do it lyk she's a goddess. If dats hw 2 honour some1, build a statue of ur loved 1 dats dead nd bow 2 it every morning, nd call it honouring. Btw i did all dat out of ignorance, bt now i know d truth.
believe in whatever you choose to believe in,it is ur life nd ur choice isn't it? good
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by chinex276(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2014
Duplik8t77: believe in whatever you choose to believe in,it is ur life nd ur choice isn't it? good
okay!!!
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by magnusalbertus(m): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2014
incomplete without saint albertus magnus
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by nnatom: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:
pls try reading more of d Bible nd not bulletins, u'll understand wat it means by worshipping someone. Now tell me wats d aim of d block rosary? Wat do they do everyday wen they gather? Wat type of songs do they sing? Did Jesus command his disciples|followers 2 honour his mother? Or hold prayer session 2 her 4 d interseccesion of sins? Pls read d Bible nd b informed. D cactizim buk only teach of catholic doctrines, nd nt d Bible.
I rest my kase again.

my brother u are not knowledgeble.the reading in the bulletin is it not from the bible and why is the bulletin used in the Sunday mass if truely u are an ex-catholic. did Jesus says u shouldn't honour Mary. every of your post shows u dnt know anything in the bible u are among the them say them say. chao

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2014
korel9: If they all spent their Sundays on nairaland like you they won't have made it this far grin

Wait

Is this FTC things? chikichaka I told you I will make it soon. grin
I guess you've ran out of mb grin
before you remove the piece of wood in your neighbour's eye,remove the log of wood in urs...aint u also here doing the same thing your accusing him of...people tho...smh#
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by CharlieMaria(m): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad
If she is not Holy do you think she can give birth to Our Holy Lord and God Jesus? She is not just holy but the most perfect of all God's creatures. If she was not the most perfect God could not and should not have chosen her. Intact, before the foundation of the world She was prepared and chosen by God to fulfill her holy purpose. Lk1:28 refers to Her as full of grace. Lk1:48 tells us that all generations shall call her blessed. What does blessed means if not holy? How do you ever think she would have sin in her? It is only the devil that will make you conceive such in your mind, for the scriptures even declared her blessed, then who are you to say she is not as holy? All Ye Children of Mary rise up against these blasphemous toungues and declare her Blessed. O HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, let all creatures publish your praise through all ages, for the Holy Ghost through the mouth of St Elizabeth in lk1:48 proclaims you Blessed.

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 24, 2014
Duplik8t77: gbam!! u have said it all bro.I just hate when these shallow minded protestant critisize the catholic church
I wonder o. undecided

Its not by force to be a catholic and what ever we do is nobody's business. Drinking panadol on another man's headache

We are all Christians so let's worship God in what ever manner that suits us. Haba.

#Teamcatholictillitsnowsinugheli#

Proudly and forever catholic.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by dasparrow: 11:55am On Aug 24, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Saint francis was ordained as a deacon, not a priest. Check well and let's compare.

St Francis of Asisi was a Friar. From what I read, Friars work among laypeople and are supported by donations or other charitable support. Friars commit to a community spread across a wider geographical area known as a province, and so they will typically move around, spending time in different houses of the community within their province.

"Saint Francis of Assisi (Italian: San Francesco d'Assisi; born Giovanni di Pietro di Bernardone, but nicknamed Francesco ( "the Frenchman" ) by his father, 1181/1182 – October 3, 1226) was an Italian Catholic friar and preacher. He founded the men's Order of Friars Minor, the women’s Order of St. Clare, and the Third Order of Saint Francis for men and women not able to live the lives of itinerant preachers, followed by the early members of the Order of Friars Minor, or the monastic lives of the Poor Clares.Though he was never ordained to the Catholic priesthood, Francis is one of the most venerated religious figures in history."

He remains my favorite patron because he is the patron saint of animals and as an animal enthusiast myself, I respect St. Francis of Assisi.

PRAYER OF ST FRANCIS

Lord, make an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled,
as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be love, as to love.
for it is in giving that we are receiving.
It is pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by MrDoGood(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2014
ya all should visit this thread
and mk ur choice
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by frank043(m): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2014
uzolexis: St Gregory, he invented the Gregorian calendar which is widely used today to count the days and months of the year
Nice one!!! Where have you been??
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by frank043(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2014
Gabriele Falloppio (1523–1562) – Canon and one of the most important anatomists and physicians of the sixteenth century. The Fallopian tubes, which extend from the uterus to the ovaries, are named for him.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 24, 2014
Including this one

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by DeepSight(m): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2014
It is refreshing to read the OP because it is frankly nauseating to see the way atheistic fanatics these days make it appear than every one who believe in God or has a religion is an ediot.

The fact is that the vast majority of all learning in history has been propounded by religious people.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by frank043(m): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
passionate88: Just did an assignment on this guy... Awesome priest
He is more than AWESOME!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Funjosh(m): 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
Woau!!! cheesy
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by CharlieMaria(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276: My candid advice 2 all nairaland catholics: PLS STOP WORSHIPPING SISTER MARY, ABI NA ANTY MARY OR MOTHER MARY, PLS STOP WORSHIPPING HER, ONLY CHRIST SAVES, APART FRM HIM NO OTHER MEANS.
I rest my kase
And I ask you. Did Christ fall from the skies? Do you think Mary is not necessary? See the secret here friend. God is sufficient to himself and doesn't need any human for the accomplishment of his holy purpose not even Mary. But, in consequence of his will he willed to use Mary to bring Jesus our savior into the world. Now I ask you friend, if Mary was necessary to God to bring Jesus to the world , do you think you can dispense Mary to receive Jesus? Just one instance for you, just follow it with humility and attention. Mtt2:11 says that the Three wise men came and met Jesus with Mary the mother. Check the choice of words. You can't meet Jesus without Mary friend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by zozayi(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad

He saith unto them, how then doth David in spirit call him Lord.
If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
Mtt 22:43-45
My good friend, please seek knowledge that will improve your relationship with God and accept all mysteries of divine that are beyond your own metal comprehension

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Rich4god(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
Such a nice and educative thread have been turned into catholic bashing thread... Why do most protestant feel uneasy anytime they hear the word catholic. Is it that the word catholic makes them insecure or is it shear jealousy... Why cant they just jump and pass without venting their anger/jealousy... There is God o...
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by frank043(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad
There is no point pouring water on stone,cos you are already confused,biased and hell bent on remaining an ignorant oaf. All the best as you enjoy the comfortable bed of ignorance!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by frank043(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Emmalot121: And Jesus asked his disciples"Who do people think I am" and Peter answered 'Christ the son of God' not CHRIST THE SON OF MARY which would have been the answer of the Pharesees and Saducees(spelling not sure.) which ye think like.
Though Mary is the earthly Mother of Jesus(not disputed) but Jesus was(lived) long before Mary was conceived and according to you she was favored to Give birth to her lord.No wonder Jesus said:My people slumber because of lack of Knowledge.
For Understanding begets Knowledge and Knowledge begets wisdom.How can you have the wisdom of God when ye fail to recognise Mary as the child of Jesus?As Jesus is a spirit who came in human form,a King who came in form of man and under who heaven and earth including Mary must bow,yet swallowed his pride and came as a baby through a sinner(every man was born a sinner)Mary.
I have said the little I can as God is a spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth and Nothing earthly i.e Mary must be inferred to when worshipping God through Christ the father of Mary(in Spirit). sad
There is no point pouring water on stone,cos you are already confused,biased and hell bent on remaining an ignorant oaf. All the best as you enjoy the comfortable bed of ignorance!!!
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
ayusco85:

Shake ur head well well until ur neck bend
ur usaname alone fit cus nightmare....
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by obayaya(m): 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:
so is it adviceable 4 u 2 ask some1 2 ask God 2 4give u ur sins? Jesus said in D Bible that "i am d way d truth nd d life, no1 comes 2 d fada except through me" hey dude, d CATHOLICS WOSHIPs MARY! take it or leave it.
Jus know dat i am nt trying 2 deviate u frm ur belief,my family r catholics nd its totaly impossible 2 rubbish wat dey already believed. I gess only God knows d truth abt everything u can choose 2 worship him in anyway dat pleases u. God knows his own, nd ond d last day every1 would be shocked, i jus pray we don't run dis heavenly race 4 nothing....
#PRAISEtheLORD

I think the problem we're having is determining what exactly constitutes a worship. And what honor is?

The biblical reference for most of the Marian prayers is contained in luke chapter 1. So my question is do you consider Gabriel and Elizabeth's greetings to mary as worship or honour?

Your honest answer to the above questions will put this misconception to rest.

In answer to your question on praying for others.. you might wanna check James 5:16 and I quote

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by CharlieMaria(m): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
If Jesus is not the son of Mary is he then your mother's son? Mt2:11 made it clear that Jesus is the son of Mary, even revelations 12:1 and ffg said so. Go to Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, pointing to the fact that Jesus is the son of Mary. Hence Jesus is truly the son of Mary. God in his infinite merits made Mary to be his mother. It is not her fault. Don't quest with your little head trying to understand everything about Yod, for if you think out can then God ceases to be God. Accept her not justas the mother of Jesus but also your mother, for Jesus has given Herr to you as well on the cross if you are his beloved follower. Cf Jn 19:26.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by CharlieMaria(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
Rich4god: Such a nice and educative thread have been turned into catholic bashing thread... Why do most protestant feel uneasy anytime they hear the word catholic. Is it that the word catholic makes them insecure or is it shear jealousy... Why cant they just jump and pass without venting their anger/jealousy... There is God o...
They are inspired by the devil. Go to Gen3:15 and you will understand better. For the devil their father will always encourage them to fight against Mary and her child Jesus. Go to rev12:1 and ffg you will also get it clearer. prau for their souls please.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
alotofgrace: i never knew cupernicus was a priest
. At least that's what available evidence suggests
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
almasterpiece: Nicolas Steno founder of modern geology

Am on it thanks
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by keandre: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276:
so is it adviceable 4 u 2 ask some1 2 ask God 2 4give u ur sins? Jesus said in D Bible that "i am d way d truth nd d life, no1 comes 2 d fada except through me" hey dude, d CATHOLICS WOSHIPs MARY! take it or leave it.
Jus know dat i am nt trying 2 deviate u frm ur belief,my family r catholics nd its totaly impossible 2 rubbish wat dey already believed. I gess only God knows d truth abt everything u can choose 2 worship him in anyway dat pleases u. God knows his own, nd ond d last day every1 would be shocked, i jus pray we don't run dis heavenly race 4 nothing....
#PRAISEtheLORD

Bullsh*ttttt,abeg carry yo wahala go
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by TheClown: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
chinex276: My candid advice 2 all nairaland catholics: PLS STOP WORSHIPPING SISTER MARY, ABI NA ANTY MARY OR MOTHER MARY, PLS STOP WORSHIPPING HER, ONLY CHRIST SAVES, APART FRM HIM NO OTHER MEANS.
I rest my kase

Thanks, please continue resting that your Kase and let those who know what they are doing do what they know.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by CharlieMaria(m): 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Pleaae brother Mary is not a sinner. She was ever Holy and sinless. Christ was man like us in all things execept sin. So how can Christ to die for our sins using a body defiled by sins? It takes the freed to free the unfreed. It takes a sinless mary to give birth to a sinless Jesus. If you say Mary had sinyou implicate Jesus. For you sat invariably that a sinful body and blood was shed for us but you and I know that Jesus was unblemished. And that Jesus said we should worship him in truth and spirit doesn't hinder you from calling the intercession of Mary for James5:14-16 encouraged us to pray for one another for the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Remember that a righteous man sins 7times in a day. If the prayer of a righteous man availeth much even with seven falls in a day how much more the prayer of the sinless Mary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by CharlieMaria(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
I rest my kase
What do you understand by worship of God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Major Things Ruining Young People Today / Atiku/Buhari: When You Lose Don't Go To Court, Go Home, Apostle Suleman / Mfm Prayer On Deliverance Of The Mind Prayer Points

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.