Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,249 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. (42820 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / Boko Haram: Latest Video On Shekau Was Manipulated / MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
You guys have not seen anything. Take the Ukraine Crisis as a case study. The Western media {CNN,BBC,NYTIMES,REUTERS,DAILYMAIL,TELEGRAPH,CNBC,e.t.c} seems to be competing within themselves to see who churn out more "truth" and "evidence". their source? Anonymous

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
BOKO and their sponsors are confused any news dat relates to boko n does not affect u JUST 'LAUGH AT DEM' DAFT GROUP N SPONSORS grin
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
ejibaba: I will blame FG and the minister of information. They knew we're in a war situation and in such climate you are expected to control a larger share of the media rather than do this they relaxed and allow them occupy fully and even acquire some of the media houses as their agent of compromise. Until we are proactive in this country we may never make a head way

Not when the bulk of the media both print and electronic are in the hands of the so called "opposition"!

I still remember how Amechi was "prevented from entering government house", magnus Abbey was "shot" by policeman "sent" by Jonathan. Activities of the Biafran movement in Biafraland is never reported except when Massob "criminals" are killed!

Jonathan is loosing the media war because the south east/south south are politically naive!

The Jihardist north have media voice, the west controls a good percentage of the media, where is the middle belt, south east and south south?

Look at what Aljazera is doing? Who can deny the efforts of press TV?

The Western Media would make noise about the "war crimes" of the Nigerian army against the Boko Haram, but magnify the news when Boko haram attacks!

Shame!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by JuanDeDios: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf: on the contrary, I won't say the media has been totally "compromised" but our Journalists are acting unprofessionally. They know any news on BH sell hence they publish whatever jargons on the Front Page citing annonymous source. The investigative journalism is not there. Some media houses wll publish articles frm the comfort of their parlors without having on the spot assessment or hearing from a reputable source. Personally, I give the military the benefit of doubt though I'm disappointed with the slow pace of progress
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
jmoore: They must die!! Death to the traitors!!!
only when u join the army.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by publisher(m): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf: The insurgency war is far from being over as many remote towns in North East wll continue to experience attacks and bombs will continue to explode here and there, but the truth is that Boko Haram fighters are being decimated rapidly and their only hope of survival increasingly rests on the pages of selected newspapers, reckless social media fora and opposition backed news websites.

The emboldened is my problem with you. What evidenÇe or fact do you have to back it up? Why must you blame opposition when your claim lack substance?

Dear friend, i urge u to sit back and take an objective look at all online (and offline) news media platforms that seem to be very critical of this current administration.

Now do an assessment of their reportage on terrorist activities. You'ld observe that while neutral (some call them pro-govt) media houses report terrorist activities with genuine compassion, ending with 'reassurances' from government of a victory over terrorists...other 'opposition backed' outlets tend to end their insurgency reports with acute hopelessness,constantly quoting unverifiable, unconfirmed and unnamed sources.

Nigeria is at war and its pretty bad, but which message(s) should we constantly feed ourselves as Nigerians? Messages of hoplessness or messages of hope, triumph and courage?

I hope u understand my point.

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by jmoore(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
ferdimako:
only when u join the army.

Lol, oga Ferdi. I can join but na fighter jet I wan use.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by JuanDeDios: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
mu2sa2: Op, playing the ostrich with boko haram is what led us to the present situation. Fg officials told us before that boko haram had been defeated. Lies cannot wish away boko haram.
That's right. The government has told its share of lies. We should be able to believe our government but we can't.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Rubbi.sh! How about Jonathan's media, NTA and FRCN that tried to "convince" us that there were no missing girls when foreign said there were? Following Jonathan's admission, there is no day NTA does not say girls are missing.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by san316(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
authority2006: The guy is under an illusion.
the last paragraph explains his intentions. Always looking for who to blame. Not that the army is nt trying but there's a lot of sabotage. U only have to be there to get a clearer understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
publisher:

Dear friend, i urge u to sit back and take an objective look at all online (and offline) news media platforms that seem to be very critical of this current administration.

Now do an assessment of their reportage on terrorist activities. You'ld observe that while neutral (some call them pro-govt) media houses report terrorist activities with genuine compassion, ending with 'reassurances' from government of a victory over terrorists...other 'opposition backed' outlets tend to end their insurgency reports with acute hopelessness,constantly quoting unverifiable, unconfirmed and unnamed sources.

Nigeria is at war and its pretty bad, but which message(s) should we constantly feed ourselves as Nigerians? Messages of hoplessness or messages of hope, triumph and courage?

I hope u understand my point.
this is another bogus assumption. Which and which media do you consider "opposition"? Why not back your bogus accusation with fact? You are not different from Jonathanians and PDP hierarchy that blame oppositions for the government's failure without any tangible evidence as a proof to claim. I challenge you to supply some list of "opposition" media and their articles on the insurgency in relation to what you posted.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by JuanDeDios: 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Rubbi.sh! How about Jonathan's media, NTA and FRCN that tried to "convince" us that there were no missing girls when foreign said there were? Following Jonathan's admission, there is no day NTA does not say girls are missing.
FRCN did not say no girls were missing. FRCN is objective for a government-owned outlet. NTA is another matter.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by philips70(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
35 Nigerian policemen have been abducted by Boko Haram yet you guys choose to live in denials and lies.

http://newswirengr.com/2014/08/24/35-nigeria-police-officers-abducted-by-boko-haram-after-raid-on-training-school/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

One day they will kidnap the President and let us see if you will deny it like the Chibok girls and show us pictures of him sitting in a posh room in Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
Did Boko Haram kidnap policemen from Gwoza training camp?

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/did-boko-haram-kidnap-policemen-from.html
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by publisher(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
authority2006: How are we going to solve this problem of Boko Haram when in the first place, we are still living in denial? Whether the news that Boko Haram hoist flags is true or propaganda, how does that erase the fact that about 100 police cadets are missing after Boko Haram attack? How does that erase the fact that our dear and ever brutal Nigeria Army are unable to reclaim Gwoza?

If Nigerians and the Nigerian government were truly in denial, Boko Haram would have been occupying Aso rock as we speak, even those of us in Lagos or Port Harcourt will not be spared.

When Boko Haram started their war on terror in Nigeria, ISIS did not exist. Look at what ISIS has done to Iraq with her American trained army.

Nigerian army killed the original Shekau, they killed Abu qaqa (remember him?) alongside many top Boko Haram commanders. Why else do you think Boko Haram now uses teenage female suicide bombers? They have been decimated. But their remaining fighters are a very deadly lot.

This does not mean that our govt has not erred in many areas,they have. But let's constantly give them some credit and encouragement, in spite of our party affiliations, please.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Icecomrade: 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
Boko haram are conquering towns and hoisting flags.

We don't need to wait until they have taken over a state and region to make people believe.

The trash you are writing is the same doubt that trailed the disappearance of chibok girls and the time lost has made rescue operation more difficult.

Let's learn to be more proactive than reactive
Stop selling unprofitable doubt to the public.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by publisher(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf: this is another bogus assumption. Which and which media do you consider "opposition"? Why not back your bogus accusation with fact? You are not different from Jonathanians and PDP hierarchy that blame oppositions for the government's failure without any tangible evidence as a proof to claim. I challenge you to supply some list of "opposition" media and their articles on the insurgency in relation to what you posted.

*sighs* Ok!
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by skijo: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
when i first read this post i thought the op was misinformed but looking at his other topics its obvious that he is just a political tool

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
CLAP FOR YOURSELF. It's always "the opposition"

The opposition is this cunning and powerful, huh? If so, then step down and let them take over.

Every single thing. You cannot take responsibility for ANYTHING. And what, you want pity?

No answers. Just wild accusations with no proof. That's what you get paid to do, shey?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Fxwarrior: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
Op are you one of JEG's laptop boys? It seems some nairalanders are oyes members being swayed up and down.

Eg Tiwa savage is pregnant.They troop there.

Another thread Tiwa savage denies being pregnant.They still troop there.Shior?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by deji68: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
And are u tinubu laptopboy??.. U sound like one embarassed

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
publisher:

If Nigerians and the Nigerian government were truly in denial, Boko Haram would have been occupying Aso rock as we speak, even those of us in Lagos or Port Harcourt will not be spared.

When Boko Haram started their war on terror in Nigeria, ISIS did not exist. Look at what ISIS has done to Iraq with her American trained army.

Nigerian army killed the original Shekau, they killed Abu qaqa (remember him?) alongside many top Boko Haram commanders. Why else do you think Boko Haram now uses teenage female suicide bombers? They have been decimated. But their remaining fighters are a very deadly lot.

This does not mean that our govt has not erred in many areas,they have. But let's constantly give them some credit and encouragement, in spite of our party affiliations, please.
Its unfortunate many do not appreciate the Nigerian Army.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by poiZon: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
boko haram is northerners problem, when they want an end to it, surely it will. when jonathan wanted proscribing the sect as terrorist group the northern elders said he was going too far, nyarko even accused him of committing genocide in the north cos he was tacklng the menace of boko haram. if boko likes make dem take over the whole north, hoist their flag n islamize the entire northern region, its none of my business. once they try entering d south, we hv d power to fight back, even if we cant na to invite americans or russians to help us, use our oil wells to pay for their services. e better make americans or russians enslave me than aboki wey no fit manufacture TOOTHPICK!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
jmoore:

Lol, oga Ferdi. I can join but na fighter jet I wan use.
Make sure it is working well before u crash-land at d enemy zone. U don die be dat oh.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by jmoore(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
ferdimako:
Make sure it is working well before u crash land at d enemy zone. U don die be dat oh.

grin grin
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Manspeaks(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf: this is another bogus assumption. Which and which media do you consider "opposition"? Why not back your bogus accusation with fact? You are not different from Jonathanians and PDP hierarchy that blame oppositions for the government's failure without any tangible evidence as a proof to claim. I challenge you to supply some list of "opposition" media and their articles on the insurgency in relation to what you posted.
He mentioned pro-govt and opposition, all in quotes
quotes. Try to be objective even though I know there are hardly any objective views on nairaland
Some of us are not from the north but live in the north know this more than your so called journalists. Let me tell you what may not know, average nigerian is corrupt, if you work in an office you will know that. I have never been a lover of this administration but GEJ cannot solve our problems given the level of corruption in the. Have you ever asked yourself why are there still people in the so called seized territories? Why police training school is still in the zone, doing their business?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by mbhs139(m): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
publisher:
The Nigerian army have now turned the tide and become terrorists to Boko Haram members and their supporters.

...but the truth is that Boko Haram fighters are being decimated rapidly and their only hope of survival increasingly rests on the pages of selected newspapers, reckless social media fora and opposition backed news websites.

...like the BBC, CNN and Al-Jazeera... even NL is not left out...
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Fxwarrior: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
berem: I don't even know what to believe again.

*confusion mode activated*

Believe in the Lord that you may be established.Believe His prophets that you may prosper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting / Prophet Ayodele Tells Peter Obi Things He Must Do To Win Presidency. / 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.