Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. (42726 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / Boko Haram: Latest Video On Shekau Was Manipulated / MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by publisher(m): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
skijo: when i first read this post i thought the op was misinformed but looking at his other topics its obvious that he is just a political tool

If trying to galvanize Nigerians to form a fierce united force against Boko Haram both on the field of battle and off-field makes me a 'political tool', then that's exactly what I am.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by amAZEing: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
Opposition Owned Media are the Real BH supporters and Believe Nothing Good Comes Out of the Current Effort Led by the C in C.

We don't Need Hopeless Losers Supporting The Evil Status quo. Never Again Will It Rise Again.

noblezone:

Not when the bulk of the media both print and electronic are in the hands of the so called "opposition"!

I still remember how Amechi was "prevented from entering government house", magnus Abbey was "shot" by policeman "sent" by Jonathan. Activities of the Biafran movement in Biafraland is never reported except when Massob "criminals" are killed!

Jonathan is loosing the media war because the south east/south south are politically naive!

The Jihardist north have media voice, the west controls a good percentage of the media, where is the middle belt, south east and south south?

Look at what Aljazera is doing? Who can deny the efforts of press TV?

The Western Media would make noise about the "war crimes" of the Nigerian army against the Boko Haram, but magnify the news when Boko haram attacks!

Shame!
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
[size=13pt]My few pals in the North say life isnt as bad as we southerners imagine. The say life goes on almost normal most times.

I say this as a Neutral.

Still....

#screwjonathan, good politucian bad leader[/size]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by dekronik: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
I purposely opened a thread "Where is the Picture of Boko Haram flag hoisted in Gwoza" just to challeng those BH apologists. They are just pure boko fanatics.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by darqly(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
@Op, According to you, any media outfit that accurately reports the gains of BH, is probably in cahoots with the terrorists e.g BBC, CNN, Channels even NL..interesting line of reasoning there. undecided

Are the reports of mutiny by the Nigerian army also false? How about the casualty figure of our troops and officers, fake as well? Has the military command ever disputed casualty figures released by the press?
Are you anywhere near northeastern Nigeria? Have you ever heard of madagali, maiha, michika or garkida- towns that BH attack with ease and retreat at their own pace and will? Is the loss of Gwoza and Damboa also media hype? Lastly, have you ever seen the corpses of our fallen soldiers being brought to the morgue at FMC in pickup trucks?
Enjoy your moments of delusion and denial as you post far away from the theatre of warfare. You want on-the -spot journalism? Come this way my friend. angry

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by basadenet: 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
Your submission is right and very soon Boko Haram will be a thing of the past soon. All their backers will be caught and prosecuted before the end of this year.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
JuanDeDios:
FRCN did not say no girls were missing. FRCN is objective for a government-owned outlet. NTA is another matter.
I never said FRCN said no girls were missing. Read my comment again.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
boko haram is losing already... the one that is important is finding those bastard sponsors... because they are the ones that are giving them arms and ammunition.

publisher: A section of the Nigerian media has innundated us with news of Boko Haram capturing 'new Nigerian territory' and hoisting their flags.

This is apparently the next line of propaganda war that Boko Haram has adopted in the face of impending defeat in the hands of Nigeria army.

Boko Haram in conjunction with their foreign and local media partners now concentrate more on targeted attacks in a predetermined location; they clash with the Nigerian army,kill innocent people, lose many of their own fighters and retreat to their hideouts. Next morning,Boko Haram media partners get to work by informing the world that they received "phone calls" from "unnamed" sources that Boko Haram has taken over new territory and hoisted their flags-no pictural evidence.

Even the very proud Abubakar Shekau is yet to provide a new video showing him relaxing at his newly conquered territory.

The Nigerian army in its wisdom has reduced or stopped announcing its victories and casualty figures against Boko Haram-this has afforded our army the liberty to kill,capture and slaughter Boko Haram fighters at will without any international scrutiny. This is why Boko Haram and their media backers a few weeks ago,released a video showing members of Nigerian army slaughtering their members-it was a subtle cry for help.

The Nigerian army have now turned the tide and become terrorists to Boko Haram members and their supporters.

The insurgency war is far from being over as many remote towns in North East wll continue to experience attacks and bombs will continue to explode here and there, but the truth is that Boko Haram fighters are being decimated rapidly and their only hope of survival increasingly rests on the pages of selected newspapers, reckless social media fora and opposition backed news websites.

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by 2chains1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
But the Nigerian army as well are just saying things. No proof. They have told us they killed shekau before but he is still alive. How are you sure the media isn't doing the same lies for the Nigerian army? At least we are seeing proof from boko haram via wuse 2 bombings, and both nyanya bombings. The Nigerian army has also admitted that soldiers have left and all of that.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Doclight(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
mentorandfriend: Pls let's ignore this idiat who uses lindaikeji's name to channel attention to his hopeless, visionless blog.
hello bros. D number still not on whatsapp.
What about a facebook contact?
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by cirmuell(m): 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
Jabioro: I can't undertood this atheist....
grin grin grin I want to believe this is a typo. Correct ur post please.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by avalontony(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ahmeduana:
SURELY YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE NOT UNTIL YOUR HANDLER REPROGRAMME YOUR THINKING FACULTY TO DEFAULTY SETTINGS!

grin
Ahmeduana:
SURELY YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE NOT UNTIL YOUR HANDLER REPROGRAMME YOUR THINKING FACULTY TO DEFAULTY SETTINGS!

gringrin
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by darmochy1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by pheesayor(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
We trust and believe the Nigerian soldiers, who we don't trust are the politicians in charge of them. Now they are saying there's boko haram media, just to distract as usual. We still remember how they initially denied the chibok abduction and tried to divert people's attention until it was too late to save the girls.

FG: Living in denial since 2010

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by mentorandfriend(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
Doclight: hello bros. D number still not on whatsapp.
What about a facebook contact?
Ok. I'll send it to you in your inbox.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by billyG(m): 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
Why dnt d nigerian army has chemical weapons or nerve gas those cockcroaches need fumigation. angry angry angry angry
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
I agree with the OP. BH are winning the war of the media unfortunately, creating fears, trumpeting their victory and downplaying their losses.

I don't believe the media is purposely Collaborating with them, but their strategy(trick) is working on the media.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Tundeiab(m): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
SirElaw: No source? Or is this just your opinion?
Bros can't you eat yam without "sauce"? cheesy
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by samuelfemo(m): 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
publisher: A section of the Nigerian media has innundated us with news of Boko Haram capturing 'new Nigerian territory' and hoisting their flags.

This is apparently the next line of propaganda war that Boko Haram has adopted in the face of impending defeat in the hands of Nigeria army.

Boko Haram in conjunction with their foreign and local media partners now concentrate more on targeted attacks in a predetermined location; they clash with the Nigerian army,kill innocent people, lose many of their own fighters and retreat to their hideouts. Next morning,Boko Haram media partners get to work by informing the world that they received "phone calls" from "unnamed" sources that Boko Haram has taken over new territory and hoisted their flags-no pictural evidence.

Even the very proud Abubakar Shekau is yet to provide a new video showing him relaxing at his newly conquered territory.

The Nigerian army in its wisdom has reduced or stopped announcing its victories and casualty figures against Boko Haram-this has afforded our army the liberty to kill,capture and slaughter Boko Haram fighters at will without any international scrutiny. This is why Boko Haram and their media backers a few weeks ago,released a video showing members of Nigerian army slaughtering their members-it was a subtle cry for help.

The Nigerian army have now turned the tide and become terrorists to Boko Haram members and their supporters.

The insurgency war is far from being over as many remote towns in North East wll continue to experience attacks and bombs will continue to explode here and there, but the truth is that Boko Haram fighters are being decimated rapidly and their only hope of survival increasingly rests on the pages of selected newspapers, reckless social media fora and opposition backed news websites.

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Tonylyte(m): 7:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
berem: I don't even know what to believe again.

*confusion mode activated*
You have been more-than-confused from the start. Saying you are confused is an insult to confused people.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by curiouses: 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Jarus: I agree with the OP. BH are winning the war of the media unfortunately, creating fears, trumpeting their victory and downplaying their losses.

I don't believe the media is purposely Collaborating with them, but their strategy(trick) is working on the media.

The media been oppositions tool are deliberately making it look like BH are winning so as to render FG efforts barren in the eyes of the public.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by HAH: 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
Jarus: I agree with the OP. BH are winning the war of the media unfortunately, creating fears, trumpeting their victory and downplaying their losses.

Oga, there is nothing like propaganda, infact only about 50% of BH atrocities are reported, is it when we in the north east are fully enslaved that. Nigerians should believe that we are under siege and currently BH is gaining.

Just come to maidguri or call someone there to tell you the number of primary schools that is filled with refugees from captured areas.

Please let us stop living in denial and face this insurgency square

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Burger01(m): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
deji68: : "What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender. It was the same at the battle of Tet. You defeated us. We knew it. We thought you knew it. But we were elated to notice that your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefield. We were ready to surrender. You had won." He makes the point the Vietnam War was not lost in Vietnam; it was lost here. That's why I keep telling everybody that the Drive-Bys were trying to do the same thing in Iraq that they did in Vietnam for a host of reasons, not the least of which among them was to reestablish their own ability to influence people into the United States losing a war that the media was opposed to."
.........Scary, scary stuff from general Giap a vietnamese army general, on why America lost the vietnamese war.i think our media are behaving the same way...It took ISIS one month to occupy half of Iraq, . It took the Malian Rebels weeks to occupy half of Mali before France came to their rescue. ..its been 7 years since Boko Haram has been trying to turn Naija into Africa Afghanistan, yet they lack capacity to hold Territories.The NA have driven them out Maiduguri into bush ..I think the Na are winning the war........until they show me the pic, dont believe it....me i know our flag na green white green... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by lagdmark(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
They now use the media ,social networks , and BH to tackle GEJ. na wahala for the enemies of the country.
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Forwetinnah: 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
Going the ISIS way I see..
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Doclight(m): 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
mentorandfriend: Ok. I'll send it to you in your inbox.
ok that would be better
Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Cannonleo(m): 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
We all know it.most nigerians are bbc and al-jazzera plus cnn trained and orientated cos they believe every rubbish they utter.for me I have my eyes on the real price..my country and our boys on the frontline.luckily I havr friends on the frontline and most info they give me In real time contradits most of the rubbished spewed out by so called liberal media...they are only after a story they on their own will try to fuel a situation to give them leverage.but that all said the military has been doing a very bad P R job giving lousy media houses.the space to paint them in whatever light they want..just as some childish brigade commanders are to be kicked out.oga olukolade shld be asked to reenact his superb form he exhibitef during the sierra leone mission in this case or use the door

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags. by Smooyis(m): 10:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
The media is really giving too much attention to dis boko haram guys. Personally there should be a media blackout for at least three months on the activities of boko haram related issues. For me am tired of listening to such news. Let the govt make this law.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mu’azu’s Resignation, Good For PDP – Fayose / Tree Branch On A Fuel Queue In Kaduna (Photos) / Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.