Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? (22269 Views)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by soulglo: 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
SirShymex:

Just call my name...and I'll be there. grin

Erm, interesting. I guess I need to give you a bird-call where there aren't that many eyes watching, init? grin

But one thing though, will you surely come there?

Don't fret, I just wanna tell you a nice children story, and don't keep me "Waiting in Vain" like Bob Marley said.

grin Sorry I don't do any communication with nairalanders outside of nairaland. We could be nairaland friends though grin
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by damiso(f): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Funny responses on this thread....I know I might be the different voice here but of the few cases I have seen in my young life i know of more women who made their children their next of kin over their husbands.I have had aunties in my extended family 'advise ' me pulling their ears when I got married to never ever share my financial investments with a man grin grin Your children are your blood and they can never betray you lipsrsealed Most of the women I grew up around were very independent financially and most of what I heard was 'my house in abule egba' my land in ikorodu' 'his house in Isolo' my parents were abit different but if I am being honest sef even they were not probably as open as maybe I am when it comes to finances with my hubby(long story but don't blame mum).Most would scoff at the 'we or our concept' embarassed even till now when I say 'our' some laugh but they know to leave me as I have been labelled 'Ruth abokoku' grin and rarely discuss how I run my home with them.

I don't agree with their school of thought as I feel marriage means you become one but you know what I Also do not to judge them.Most of these men were polygamous,not financially responsible etc so In a way I get why they would be looking to protect themselves and their hard earned investments.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
soulglo:

grin Sorry I don't do any communication with nairalanders outside of nairaland. We could be nairaland friends though grin

Now, you're scared - what happened to the glowing soul from yesterday? tongue

And nah, I'm not going off nairaland...just wanna continue from where we stopped yesterday about the bubble ____.

Need to get to the bottom of that. grin Come on that thread.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by mukulchugh: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2014
soulglo:

Nothing romantic about it. I am surrounded by people with marriages were partnership is everything. Not sure why you're seeing romance. I am sure you're the type who buys pots and pans for his wife on valentines day. Since you consider what I am saying as romantic. Bye Mr. Romantic

http://happyvalentinesdaygreetings2015..com/

http://happyvalentinesdaygreetings2015..com/
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nashville: I have my wife as my next of kin. I married her because I trust her and in case of any unexpected events, I know she is best able to take decisions in the interest of my children. And besides, my wife does not need my money to survive. She earns a living and can survive on her salary.

But if you think your wife wants to kill you, it's better you get a separation than live in fear. Why are people sooo scared of their spouses?
this is a man who knows why he is married

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Gynacologist(m): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Nashville: I have my wife as my next of kin. I married her because I trust her and in case of any unexpected events, I know she is best able to take decisions in the interest of my children. And besides, my wife does not need my money to survive. She earns a living and can survive on her salary.

But if you think your wife wants to kill you, it's better you get a separation than live in fear. Why are people sooo scared of their spouses?
women aint to b bleeped wif
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Drone007: 9:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Blockus:

Why?!

So you trust your fortunes with your kids more than with your wife who hussled with you?! undecided
What if she didn't 'hussle' with him, but made life a hell on earth for him; but only itches for what she can get from him in the belief that his money is 'our money', while her money hers and her maiden family's?
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Drone007: 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
Blockus:

Hmmm!

I wouldn't call a Man that leaves his wife in the dark about the finances of the house a responsible man.. #Just Saying.

If a man does not teach his wife about financial management before he passes, is it his brother or his children that would handle his estate better? I was thought that a wife is a mans partner in marriage and they all have their roles to play in the home. When one isn't there, the other fills up the missing persons role.

Anyways, lemme ask.. If a woman in a marriage has money, can she will it all to her kids or her siblings to manage in trust for her kids?
What if she simply refuses to be taught, and frustrates his best efforts to reason with her?
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Drone007: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
Blockus:

Why?!

So you trust your fortunes with your kids more than with your wife who hussled with you?! undecided
Life happens. Love is real. But the heart of man (woman) is also desperately wicked. Take this real-life story:
I know a man that was besotted with a girl. She returned with him to his country where she wedded him; but thereafter refused to live with him in his country, though they had agreed to live in the man's country after marriage, her reason being that light is not stable in her marital country. As fate would have it, she soon ran into a series of troubles in her country of choice which necessitated the man's physical presence. The complexity of the wife's problems turned what should have been a 2-week short rescue mission into a 3 year stay in that foreign country. By the time he defied his wife to return to his country his apartment and all his property, including vital documents, were all gone. Out of love for his wife and stand on principle to maintain family stability, especially for their two under-age children, the man returned back to his wife and children. His wife, however, showed no compassion but rather bragged that she had prayed that the misfortune with his house should happen. About a year later, the man needed to travel back to hid country to get documents needed to process his residency permit to enable him live legally in the country where his wife and childre are already living. His wife cut all communication with him since then.
This is a true-life story, like I wrote at the intro; and, it's still unfolding.
Doubtless, a man like this would be called all kinds of names and all kinds of negative judgements passed on him for dittering on whether or not to make or not make his wife his NOK or BOF?
If you haven't walked the road that someone had walked, or even heard their story, please don't be quick to judge them yet!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

South African Lady Who Got Married At 17 Gives Marriage Survival Tips / I Mistakenly Impregnanted My Wife's Sis And Cousin... / Do You Call Your Husband Daddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.