Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:37 PM

Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? (22435 Views)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
Charity begins at home,no good deed is wasted,you will be rewarded,its better spending it outside
donpeey22: Please i have a question to ask those of saying. that it's silly to make one's sibling or parent next of kin. My question is: is it also silly for me to be 'wasting' my hard earned money in paying my late uncle's son's school fees and meeting his other needs and even those of his mum atimes since his dad died leaving nothing to inherit? Please answer me so that i can stop spending my money on the lad and channel all the money in building my own family. Thanks in advance.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by bukatyne(f): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
uplawal: The answer is your blood is better,hence your kids,part of you runs in your children,whereas your wife came from somewhere not from you, so its easier trusting that part of you.

Seriously?

Do you know what a husband or wife entails in the sense of the word? I am not talking of cleaner, cook, financier, moneybag, ATM, plumber, electrician, se.x partner, baby making machine or surname donator.

I am talking of husband et wife

Do you know what it really means?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
Am sure you are not a married man.
temitemi1: My wife come first in all my thinking!
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by temitemi1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
uplawal: Am sure you are not a married man.
y d question ma?
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by simplyOJ(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
It is the lack of trust and insencerity between couples that has brought the marriage institution to its knees. Men should stand up and be the anchor in their marriages. There may be instances where you will get what you didn't bargain for irrespective of your good intensions, but that notwithstanding, fathers should stand up and take the lead. Reading through some of the post portrays the wife as just the other person in the union. To a large extent, husbands push their wives to where they are now being labelled as the one in the union not to be trusted.

One incidence that happened some years back got stocked with me for a long time. This couple had 7 kids. The man a rank and file officer with the Nigerian Army and his wife a vegetable seller. The woman pratically took care of the family with the help of the kids who sell some other items like fufu to support the income from the vegetable sales. The man of the house is known in most popular joints at the mammy market (popular market in most Army Barracks). Where he opened a 'savings account' with the salary he collect. He misbehaved one day after being drunk, his first son landed him some series of slaps. With all the man's careless attitude, the woman was her caring self. The man took ill one day and was hospitalized. The woman sold practically all she could lay her hands on to save her husband's life. It got to that point that money became an issue and the husband was fully aware of because he was still able to communicate. Unfortunately he passed. Guess what? All the while the woman was running from pillar to post seeking how to raise money for his treatment, the man had 7k in his pocket and died with it. At that instant, the hate for the husband grew and she stopped crying. You can only had imagine what would have been her attitude to her husband afterward if he had survived the ailment.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Selfish man,you need elders to talk to you,what about children in your extended family,charity begins from home.
Dcmg: As for me,for me to marry in the first place would be solely because of having children,all this "life Partner" stuff na waste of time for me,i don't believe in that thing.Like seriously,my purpose in life na to get life partner?No.
If your purpose in life is to have a life partner,good,but has for me,i'm not living my life for any fvcking life Partner.
As for me,i'm not making any woman my next of kin,if i dnt have any child then i'm giving all my estate to Charity
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
bukatyne:

My dear,

Some people are NOT married and do not understand what marriage means

Should my husband/wife know my salary?
Should tell my husband/wife about the raise?
Should I build a house in my name only or let my spouse know?
Should I have investments hidden & separate?
Should I iron my wife's shirt?
Should I cook rice for my wife?
Should I cook chicken for my hubby (I like fish more)?
Should I? Should I not?

Kia it is boring!

Even if the other party deserves such treatment, the marriage is not healthy in the first place.

Hahahahhahahahaha. Your 'Should I' 'Should I not?' got me laffing hard here. Them go tink say na madness.
It's annoying joor, I have never had such problems with my husband, my salary isn't even up to 1/15 of my husbands' own, yet I know his payslip, if dre is a raise/bonus he tells me. I make financial decisions, my husband is good @ earning money, he doesn't know how to spend...lol.
So all dis dia (should I), (Should I not) is veryyy boring, bc in reality if you are married to your true partner, things would just flow, u will never ask such dumb questions.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by litetias(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dcmg: Is that so?Eyah!
But all your generation shall be "Slowpoke"
See this retar*d. Your grammar is poor. FYI the correct thing to say is all your descendants shall be slowpoke. Ewu
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Dcmg(m): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
See this retar*d. Your grammar is poor. FYI the correct thing to say is all your descendants shall be slowpoke. Ewu
Thanks for the correction,even my first lady dey blow grammer,
but all your descendants shall be reta*rds kwa
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by cococandy(f): 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
No it's not rare for a wife to be wealtheir than her husband.
Personally I think if two married peope have come to the point where they can't trust the other person to look out for the best interest of kids when one of them dies,there's something fundamentally wrong with union.
Fixing whatever that problem is,is better than living in fear and writing a funny will because you don't trust yout partner to take care of your kids
donpeey22: Yes!!! Though i know that the odds are very rare for a woman to be wealthier than her husband and/or die before him, but in the event that it happens, then, the husband does not and should not AUTOMATICALLY qualify to be the trustee to her wealth. If her children are not up to the legal age to inherit her wealth, then her most TRUSTED person, which could be her sibling, husband or friend should hold her wealth in trust for them until they are upto the legal age.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Dcmg(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
uplawal: Selfish man,you need elders to talk to you,what about children in your extended family,charity begins from home.
that one is your business o
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by sexybash(f): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Why do women worry over will and properties? Honestly
Work and save buy your own properties
Abi why una parent send una go school
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
cococandy: No it's not rare for a wife to be wealtheir than her husband.
Personally I think if two married peope have come to the point where they can't trust the other person to look out for the best interest of kids when one of them dies,there's something fundamentally wrong with union.
Fixing whatever that problem is,is better than living in fear and writing a funny will because you don't trust yout partner to take care of your kids
You know the truth but just don't want accept. 99% of women in their selfishness, seek wealthy men for marriage. Even women who are relatively doing well Financially still will not marry a man who isn't atleast as wealthy. It's been known that most married people lose trust way into marriage, don't be Carried away by d lovey dovey thing you are still enjoying as a newly married lady, you may understand better later in your marriage, though i pray yours wont be too bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by abbey621(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
sexybash: Why do women worry over will and properties? Honestly
Work and save buy your own properties
Abi why una parent send una go school

It's all about the weakling complex. Most women dream of handsome, wealthy husbands to take care of them, they feel it is the right thing and exactly what they deserve in life. It's only in advanced countries that women are gradually debunking such beliefs. In Nigeria however, husbands or boyfriends are known as caregivers, from hair extensions to monthly allowance; girls are just too ridiculous. For every 10 girls in 9ja, 8 are dependent on their boyfriend or husband, the little money their parents provide or their own personal funds isn't enough to keep up with their extravagant lifestyle, they got's to belong... grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by sexybash(f): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
abbey621:

It's all about the weakling complex. Most women dream of handsome, wealthy husbands to take care of them, they feel it is the right thing and exactly what they deserve in life. It's only in advanced countries that women are gradually debunking such beliefs. In Nigeria however, husbands or boyfriends are known as caregivers, from hair extensions to monthly allowance; girls are just too ridiculous. For every 10 girls in 9ja, 8 are dependent on their boyfriend or husband, the little money their parents provide or their own personal funds isn't enough to keep up with their extravagant lifestyle, they got's to belong... grin grin grin grin
I tell ya it. Rate is staggering I swear down
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by sexybash(f): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
If you know you want to focus on a man
Then tell your parent not to waste time sending you to school
Abi. You can even master the art of scheming
Learn to work for your own money so you can afford the luxuries of life you need

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Samsonklin:
Nothing bros, @least not anymore. My kids all the way.

I guess I understand you now.. And its all good bro.

ALL the best with your kids.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Godmystrength: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
donpeey22: You know the truth but just don't want accept. 99% of women in their selfishness, seek wealthy men for marriage. Even women who are relatively doing well Financially still will not marry a man who isn't atleast as wealthy. It's been known that most married people lose trust way into marriage, don't be Carried away by d lovey dovey thing you are still enjoying as a newly married lady, you may understand better later in your marriage, though i pray yours wont be too bad.
Are you now saying most men are wealthy and that 99% of women seek wealthy men for marriage? So who are the people marrying the poor men? Are they not women also? Like someone once said on one thread ''men are not used to women having the financial power'' in this part of our world........

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Godmystrength: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
abbey621:

I am worried about this your statistic...........8 out of 10 girls?
So that means 8 out of 10 guys are financial responsibly to their girlfriends/wives?
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by abbey621(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
Godmystrength: I am worried about this your statistic...........8 out of 10 girls?
So that means 8 out of 10 guys are financial responsibly to their girlfriends/wives?

Yes! Yes! Yes! The figure could be as low as 6/10 girls when you factor in girls from very very rich background and as high as 10/10 when you factor in girls from very very poor backgrounds. The second part of your question is simple, the guys might not honor their requests but girls are still going to ask, they feel it is their God given rights as a female.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Godmystrength: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
abbey621:

Yes! Yes! Yes! The figure could be as low as 6/10 girls when you factor in girls from very very rich background and as high as 10/10 when you factor in girls from very very poor backgrounds. The second part of your question is simple, the guys might not honor their requests but girls are still going to ask, they feel it is their God given rights as a female.
Are you trying to say that all girls from very very poor backgrounds are going to ask/are asking to be spent on by their men? And that fewer girls from very very rich background would do same? I just want to be sure i understand you clearly
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by soulglo: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
donpeey22: I'm happy that you ended up accepting that the woman 'carries' her own child and not that she's being 'punished' with 'baby-carrying' like some of you make it seem. When a man and a woman agree to have children, it is because the both of them want to reproduce their genes for the purpose of continuity of life. The woman provides her egg while the man provides his s,perm(50,50). The woman carries the foetus, while the man pays her medical bills and provides her other needs throughout the nine months period(50:50). So none is doing the other an exclusive favor. The focus should be on the offspring when considering whom to inherit the spouse's wealth in the event of death. However, a DESERVING spouse can have a PORTION of his/her spouse willed to him/her. Likewise a DESERVING relative. People should not expressly be entitled to inherit their spouse's wealth in the event of death, even when they are directly or indirectly responsible for the death. Forget the 'life partner' sentiment as many of the so called 'life partners' have caused the deaths of their supposed 'life partners' for selfish gains. You know it's very rare to find an ideal partner, so in 90% cases, people marry for all the wrong reasons which in most cases are selfish.

Bottom line is someone with your ideology should lay it all out before you get married. Before you marry her tell her and those giving her in marriage to you that her financial security and stability ain't your problem. Her job is to carry the babies and cook soup for you. I am sure the whole town will line up their daughters for you. Of course you will not say that. You will not say it because anybody would imagine that something has to be wrong somewhere.

Many women want babies but not with just anybody. So yes, it is also her child but she does not need to have those babies with you. She can have babies with the type of man that would make sure she is fine if the children need her to slow down career wise to be there for them. The kind of man that if God forbid something happens to him in the midst of her career break she would not have to run to someone else to make ends meet. I know women with Masters degrees who stop work for years because of some need the family might have. I thank God that they have the type of partnership that allows for that to happen. Makes a ton of sense to me now why Nigerians leave their children with just anybody just so they can go to work. Why wouldn't they when quitting their job could mean financial ruin in the future. Where's the support? There are sacrifices made in marriage. I just wonder if you expect her to provide and care for you if God forbid you were sick or injured and not able to work for a period of time. I personally would wrap you up like a Christmas present and send you to you parents. After you are well you can come back and continue to fill up space. Why should a woman go out of her way to care for a bedridden husband when he treats her like an enemy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Blockus: 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
litetias:
Third time unlucky cos this one was not funny. But methinks the underlying issue with you is not village trouble like you so erroneously think but its that old woman that you fuc*ked some time ago then you dumped her. The thing is she placed a curse on you that you will never get laid again. So your lack of pus*sy is affecting the normal working of your brain. You have resorted to masturbation but its not helping matters. And to top it all of the old hag died of heartbreak.

This is not fair..

We are unequally matched. grin I may be banned by Seun for bulling a Minor. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by soulglo: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
sexybash: If you know you want to focus on a man
Then tell your parent not to waste time sending you to school
Abi. You can even master the art of scheming
Learn to work for your own money so you can afford the luxuries of life you need

No ones talking about boyfriends here. You cannot be married and even if you are you most certainly have no investment accounts. Definitely no retirement accounts or even college accounts for the kids. You cannot possibly understand the financial responsibilities both parents have to their kids if you think that expecting to have a plan that would benefit the family unit is scheming. It's called growing up and taking responsibility. What is wrong in saying one persons income could be for running the family and funding the short term emergency fund. The other could be for investments and long term savings like college funds and retirement funds. A plan like that would never work if you both are selfishly holding unto your money or if one spouse knows without a doubt that should the other drop dead they are are screwed. This is why people secretly build houses, buy land etc. why would they be honest when they know that if their spouse drops dead they would have nothing. what the hell sort of marriage is that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by abbey621(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Godmystrength: Are you trying to say that all girls from very very poor backgrounds are going to ask/are asking to be spent on by their men? And that fewer girls from very very rich background would do same? I just want to be sure i understand you clearly

Absolutely! When I say very very poor background, I mean poverty drenched household. Girls from such backgrounds are usually hard working but they are also very wise, most times they look for guys who can help their situation not one who can make it worse.

Also, girls from very very rich backgrounds are less likely to be dependent on their man's wealth. In fact, they end up being victims because they fall into the hands of guys who will exploit them for monetary gains. Now don't get me wrong there are exceptions to every rule and statistics can be skewed or manipulated but you get the gist....
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Godmystrength: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
abbey621:

Absolutely! When I say very very poor background, I mean poverty drenched household. Guys from such backgrounds are usually hard working but they are also very wise, most times they look for girls who can help their situation not one who can make it worse.

Also, guys from very very rich backgrounds are less likely to be dependent on their woman's wealth. In fact, they end up being victims because they fall into the hands of girls who will exploit them for monetary gains. Now don't get me wrong there are exceptions to every rule and statistics can be skewed or manipulated but you get the gist....
how does this look? Just know that as we have girls gold diggers so do we have boys gold diggers and also as we have girls chopping guys' money, we also have guys chopping girls' money. So don't be too hard on the girls alone........ Everyone has stories to tell o lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by sexybash(f): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
[/quote
No one is secretly buying houses it is just common sense
Before I got married I had already had my investment
Even down to group life insurance ( personal one oh)if as a woman am thinking about my unborn kids oh
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by abbey621(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Godmystrength: how does this look? Just know that as we have girls gold diggers so do we have boys gold diggers and also as we have girls chopping guys' money, we also have guys chopping girls' money. So don't be too hard on the girls alone........ Everyone has stories to tell o lipsrsealed

You are 100% right, back in my college days I've seen plenty guys taking advantage of rich, naive girls.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Godmystrength: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
soulglo:

No ones talking about boyfriends here. You cannot be married and even if you are you most certainly have no investment accounts. Definitely no retirement accounts or even college accounts for the kids. You cannot possibly understand the financial responsibilities both parents have to their kids if you think that expecting to have a plan that would benefit the family unit is scheming. It's called growing up and taking responsibility. What is wrong in saying one persons income could be for running the family and funding the short term emergency fund. The other could be for investments and long term savings like college funds and retirement funds. A plan like that would never work if you both are selfishly holding unto your money or if one spouse knows without a doubt that should the other drop dead they are are screwed. This is why people secretly build houses, buy land etc. why would they be honest when they know that if their spouse drops dead they would have nothing. what the hell sort of marriage is that.
Just like what could be happening here
https://www.nairaland.com/1557237/secret-thing-some-wives
who knows whether that is what is happening to the woman in question.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Godmystrength: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
abbey621:

You are 100% right, back in my college days I've seen plenty guys taking advantage of rich, naive girls.
good that you understand me now.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by knowledge4(m): 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
No real, sincere love in the marriage by the husband
No trust for the wife by the husband
Marriage is love and trust
Where there is no love and no trust, there is no marriage there!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by galantjoe(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
may be u are not married. it is when you marry that u will see the true nature of womanhood.
May be u are still in shallow love. take it or leave it.

Blockus:

WOW!!

Why does this sound troubling to me?

I cannot be in a simple Boyfriend and Girlfriend relationship with someone I am uncomfortable with, let alone be married to one.

Haba!! And you eat her food every night and fall asleep in her presence. You no dey fear for your life?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Mistakenly Impregnanted My Wife's Sis And Cousin... / Has Any Of You Dated Or Married To A Woman Who Is A Twin? / What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.