Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,215 members, 7,957,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? (22438 Views)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 26, 2014
cococandy: Can a wife also entrust her estate to her siblings to take care of her kids in the eventuality of her sudden death?
And don't act like there aren't hordes of wealthy women out there. There are.
I just want to know if it sits well with you that she wills her wealth to her siblings or any other person she TRUST more than her husband so that if she dies before him,he won't use the money to marry another wife and abandon her own.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 26, 2014
cococandy: Can a wife also entrust her estate to her siblings to take care of her kids in the eventuality of her sudden death?
And don't act like there aren't hordes of wealthy women out there. There are.
I just want to know if it sits well with you that she wills her wealth to her siblings or any other person she TRUST more than her husband so that if she dies before him,he won't use the money to marry another wife and abandon her own.
Yes!!! Though i know that the odds are very rare for a woman to be wealthier than her husband and/or die before him, but in the event that it happens, then, the husband does not and should not AUTOMATICALLY qualify to be the trustee to her wealth. If her children are not up to the legal age to inherit her wealth, then her most TRUSTED person, which could be her sibling, husband or friend should hold her wealth in trust for them until they are upto the legal age.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Kanwulia: 4:17am On Aug 26, 2014
SAMBARRY: Confession time grin
see as all of them dey jabo dey go.so Kanwuliiiaaaaaaa was right after all. Nigerian Husband/wife=roommates. Kids are better for next of kin.iyen na nice grin

Of course I am right.
No need for JABOLOGY! kiss
If not for children, NAIJA women nor go marry lai-lai!!!
I nor for TRYAM! angry

Do you know what it takes to live with a NIGERIAN man under the same ROO'P'. . . . . for more than 6 month? shocked
Shegey! Death is "MO BETA"! AYAKATAAAAAAAAAA BONGOOOOOO!!!! cry

If I nor get flenty-flenty MARRIED LOVERS, I for don commit suicide tey tey ke! grin

One day woman go make AKAMU from nose take carry her own belle WITHOUT MAN AND DEM BLOKOS wahala and shakara
Amiiiiiiiiin oooooooooh!!!! grin

I loooooove my roommate husband o.

OH ISRAEL TO THY TENT!
. . . . . And JUDAH too! kiss

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 26, 2014
cococandy: Are you doing it at the detriment of your iown immediate family?
If no why should you stop?
I don't see how the posts here discourage anyone from taking care of their siblings.

Paying the fees of a brother is very different from making him your heir when you have a wife and kids.
Yes! I'm denying my immediate family members some extra luxuries to cater for the lad and atimes his mum and other sibling. Or do you think money is ever enough? Or is it a crime if i use the money I'm spending on him to send my immediate family on holidays abroad like many wealthy Nigerians would rather do? Not really that i care about how other people choose to spend their money but it's really amazing how people easily find it hard to trust a dead man's sibling or relative to take better care of his children, especially when the man is wealthy. But when the man only left liabilities for his siblings and relatives to inherit, everybody sees it as their responsibilities. And don't even tell me you are not aware that such instances are in the majority in Nigeria. My point is, a man should will his wealth to his children if they have grown up to the legal age, but if they are still minors, a trust fund should be set up for them, of which his most trusted person/s should be the trustee and this most trusted person could be either his sibling, other relative, friend or his wife. A spouse should never expressly become heir to his/her late spouse's wealth. However, a deserving spouse can always have a portion of his/her late spouse's wealth willed to him/her. Forget all the sentiments about people being one with their spouses as no two individuals coming from different homes and backgrounds are ever ONE. This is why many couples divorce while most who don't get divorced for one reason or another, live in cold war until one partner dies.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by soulglo: 5:02am On Aug 26, 2014
donpeey22: Yes! I'm denying my immediate family members some extra luxuries to cater for the lad and atimes his mum and other sibling. Or do you think money is ever enough? Or is it a crime if i use the money I'm spending on him to send my immediate family on holidays abroad like many wealthy Nigerians would rather do? Not really that i care about how other people choose to spend their money but it's really amazing how people easily find it hard to trust a dead man's sibling or relative to take better care of his children, especially when the man is wealthy. But when the man only left liabilities for his siblings and relatives to inherit, everybody sees it as their responsibilities. And don't even tell me you are not aware that such instances are in the majority in Nigeria. My point is, a man should will his wealth to his children if they have grown up to the legal age, but if they are still minors, a trust fund should be set up for them, of which his most trusted person/s should be the trustee and this most trusted person could be either his sibling, other relative, friend or his wife. A spouse should never expressly become heir to his/her late spouse's wealth. However, a deserving spouse can always have a portion of his/her late spouse's wealth willed to him/her. Forget all the sentiments about people being one with their spouses as no two individuals coming from different homes and backgrounds are ever ONE. This is why many couples divorce while most who don't get divorced for one reason or another, live in cold war until one partner dies.

At least you're honest. I am very sure you do not expect your wife to cater to you. You definitely should not be her focus. Her allegiance should be to others. You obviously were not seeking a life partner in the person you married. She's just there to carry the babies. I just hope she's very aware that she ain't 5hit. People like you should disclose all before you marry a woman because you clearly do not understand what a life partnership is. People give more in business partnerships. When your wife is not a drug addict or a street walker it is very shocking that you believe that your siblings could take better care of her own children than she can

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by itstpia1: 5:44am On Aug 26, 2014
simplyOJ:
I work with the Public Service and have had the opportunity to go through several documents of men who have been married for years with children
but simply deliberately refused to include their wives as next-of-kin, choosing rather their children.

how does this mean some wives are denied next of kin status by their husbands?

if the children are adults and grown, why open a thread about it.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by disloman(m): 6:15am On Aug 26, 2014
Nashville: I have my wife as my next of kin. I married her because I trust her and in case of any unexpected events, I know she is best able to take decisions in the interest of my children. And besides, my wife does not need my money to survive. She earns a living and can survive on her salary.

But if you think your wife wants to kill you, it's better you get a separation than live in fear. Why are people sooo scared of their spouses?
I guessed u wrote this to av a lot of likes n wanna looks nice n good to d females.D best next of kin is still ur children.If u trust ur wife to that extend,She too should av to trust ur sense of judgement choosing ur children as d next of kin.What iis theirs is still hers.So bro!Use ur brain well.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by disloman(m): 6:21am On Aug 26, 2014
simplyOJ:

I am with you on this. Mine is also my next of kin. She will always be available to cater for the kids incase of any eventualities. Let the kids wait and get married.
Seems we don't understand this issue.I respect ur opinion but females r easily brainwashed n manipulated.We love our wives n trust them with our lives but when ur wife is still young when u were dead.Shit can still happen.if u knw wwhat I'm saying.God should just guide us thru our steps sha.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by cole265(m): 6:24am On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=KillerBeauty]I believe using ur kids as next of kin is better[/quot
The question is Y. Not ur prefrence.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by temitemi1(m): 6:24am On Aug 26, 2014
My wife come first in all my thinking!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by birdman(m): 6:28am On Aug 26, 2014
bukatyne:

Most people are really not married

food for thought

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by disloman(m): 6:29am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus: ANy WOman who isnt her Husbands 'Next of Kin' has no business being married to that Man..

The Day the man dies, dont be shocked to see his next of Kin show up to claim ownership of everything. Even your child can take over everything and kick you to the curb.
Lolzzzzzzz.what if d wife didn't take care of d children after ur demise,anything can happen.This issue is a serious one.God!Pls help ur boy out in every step or move he makes.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by huptin(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2014
My wife is my next of kin, she will remain so until my child attain the age of 18, but she is not aware of it though.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by disloman(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

Any Man whose wife is not his next of Kin simply means:: Your Husband does not trust you with his fortunes.

Na those kind women go dey house, Husband brother go show, tell her to enter bedroom go position for bed wait am, whilst ehn take inventory of the properties wey ehn don inherit. grin
U twisting this issue.No matter ao perfect ur marriage is,Woman will remain being a woman.If u were married,u will understand what I said.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by disloman(m): 6:36am On Aug 26, 2014
KillerBeauty:

The reaaon why husband and wife hustle is all because of their children. So let the kids have it all.
U said it all.God bless u homie.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Apart from Education funds including upkeep money for my children and wife. I am willing the rest to a very good church and to charity.

If any of them wanna groove or enjoy wealth , they should go work for it. Besides, who is dying yet, am gonna live till 100 Jare cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by raumdeuter: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2014
After the death of the man, the woman might choose to remarry and take the dead spouse wealth to the new husband

The work we do is for the children, the wife too should be making her own money but the children are the ones who are helpless in this situation

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by disloman(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

[b]My Millionaire Uncle had an Interesting Will..

His will placed all he had in the care of his wife should he pass and for her to manage it as she would. He put in clauses that made contributions to his Childrens 'Trust Fund' that was still under the control of his wife..

He put in another clause for his properties and investment to be held in trust for his kids by his best Friend the current Senate President and one of the Chairmen of his company should he pass on with his Wife. He didnt leave any of his estate under the control of his siblings..

Today, his Kids are all living well under the control of their Mum and his wealth profile has not dropped as such. His first son has finished school with an MSc and has been recruited by his fathers company (at entry level o).. grin

Now the hussle may be for the future generation, but only a fool puts his estate in the hands of a Child.

If you dont trust your wife to properly manage your estate, that means you are marry to the wrong woman or a reetard.[/b]
What a touching story but if all these properties r passed to d children,can't his wife does all u mentioned above in d interest of ha children?Must ha name b d next in kin 4 ha to perform ha duties?gat anorda story 4 ya where d wife of d uncle waste all d wealth on ha nu found love?what will u do abt that?I n my work towards our children's future.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by thunder74(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Of what use is the "next of kin" in Nigeria? Whosoever you like fill, when you die, the institution will still subject your family to the stressful process of obtaining Letter of Administration. Nobody honors it, @Op have you or your company ever?

But for the fun of it, my wife is my next of kin even before we got married. She made her kids her next of kin but the law is that if she dies today (God forbid), I am her next of kin technically bc the kids are still small and a guardian will be appointed for them and that will be me until they are mature.

Men trust their wives more to be their next of kin but women doubt their husbands may use their sweats to marry another wife after they are dead. But in all, Eni to l'eru lo leru (one who owns slave owns his property). It is only God that knows who dies first. Live in love not in fear, perfect love casts away all fear, doubt, suspicions and mistrusts.

next of kin
n. pl. next of kin
1. The person or persons most closely related by blood to another person.
2. Law
a. The closest relative of a deceased person.
b. (used with a pl. verb) The relative or relatives entitled to share in the personal property of one who dies intestate.

Then I ask, who is most closely related by blood?
Write your will now.....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by disloman(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2014
NOW!! What if the Woman has all the Money and
properties, is it okay for her to leave them to her Kids
and have her husband live off of the handouts from her
kids?!
(Quote)U telling mi woman will handover ha properties to ha husband?Women in d house,pls let's know ur take in this.Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 26, 2014
there is this attitude of women when they first get married, they seem to be more financially concerned about their parents and siblings than the man she just got married to. this breeds fear and insecurity in the man, especially in this brazilian-hair era when most women lure men into marriage because of their wealth. it takes almost a life time for a man to have that confidence in her wife enough to entrust his wealth solely on his wife, thats why when the kids start coming, the man is more comfortable using his kids as next of kins than the wife.

BTW wives too should be working for the children's future, and not to drag inheritance with children when Dad dies.

and for those saying wives hustle with husband, not all wives, most wives enter the man's life when wealth is already there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by yunisco: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2014
My question is. Is it proper to use ur fiancee as next of kin when you are yet to marry her though u have engaged her. Pls wise answers
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by raumdeuter: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2014
In this Nigeria where women believe financial responsibility belongs to the man alone and they can spend their own income anyhow they want

Better leave to the kids before the wife carry all your wealth buy Aso Ebi finish

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 26, 2014
simplyOJ: Marriage defiled mathematical solution of 1+1. In mathematics, the answer is 2 as we all know. But in the marriage equation, the answer is 1. Do the man and the woman see themselves as 1? Or is the union viewed a marriage of convenience which only exist to bear children.

The reason for this thread is just to sample our opinion as it relates to Next-of-Kin status as it relates to the woman in the marriage.
I work with the Public Service and have had the opportunity to go through several documents of men who have been married for years with children
but simply deliberately refused to include their wives as next-of-kin, choosing rather their children.

I was able to sample the opinion of some and one reason that seems prominent with all revolves round suspicion and general lack of trust towards their wives. Do you as a husband Man, share in this suspicion? And as a wifee Woman, how do you feel to know that your husband do not feel comfortable making you his next of kin?
What belongs to the kids also belongs to the mum in this context. What if after the death of the husband, wife remarried and turns to a lover girl focusing more on the new man than the kids. Its better to secure the kids life. I am not saying she shouldnt be included, when a will is drafted she can be included. For me, my wife would be my next of kin as well. tongue
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 26, 2014
soulglo:

At least you're honest. I am very sure you do not expect your wife to cater to you. You definitely should not be her focus. Her allegiance should be to others. You obviously were not seeking a life partner in the person you married. She's just there to carry the babies. I just hope she's very aware that she ain't 5hit. People like you should disclose all before you marry a woman because you clearly do not understand what a life partnership is. People give more in business partnerships. When your wife is not a drug addict or a street walker it is very shocking that you believe that your siblings could take better care of her own children than she can
I'm happy that you ended up accepting that the woman 'carries' her own child and not that she's being 'punished' with 'baby-carrying' like some of you make it seem. When a man and a woman agree to have children, it is because the both of them want to reproduce their genes for the purpose of continuity of life. The woman provides her egg while the man provides his s,perm(50,50). The woman carries the foetus, while the man pays her medical bills and provides her other needs throughout the nine months period(50:50). So none is doing the other an exclusive favor. The focus should be on the offspring when considering whom to inherit the spouse's wealth in the event of death. However, a DESERVING spouse can have a PORTION of his/her spouse willed to him/her. Likewise a DESERVING relative. People should not expressly be entitled to inherit their spouse's wealth in the event of death, even when they are directly or indirectly responsible for the death. Forget the 'life partner' sentiment as many of the so called 'life partners' have caused the deaths of their supposed 'life partners' for selfish gains. You know it's very rare to find an ideal partner, so in 90% cases, people marry for all the wrong reasons which in most cases are selfish.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by kibo: 7:07am On Aug 26, 2014
This thread is gender biased. The same women who clamour for gender equality are the ones who complain about the man not making them next of kin.

Why should you depend on someone who you claim to be EQUAL with??

THE WOMEN SHOULD WORK HARD AND MAKE THE MEN THEIR NEXT OF KIN.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by immortalvoices(m): 7:09am On Aug 26, 2014
francleanflexy: most ppl feel that their wife will kill them n make away with their properties

african mentality

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus:

Why?!

So you trust your fortunes with your kids more than with your wife who hussled with you?! undecided

not all wives hustle with hubby, most women jumped into already-made wealth. it all depends on the type of wife one marries.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus: ANy WOman who isnt her Husbands 'Next of Kin' has no business being married to that Man..

The Day the man dies, dont be shocked to see his next of Kin show up to claim ownership of everything. Even your child can take over everything and kick you to the curb.

you have just proved exactly the mentality that makes men use their kids as next of kins, while the man works and thinks about the future of the kids, most woman are after inheritance when the man dies.
Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2014
bukatyne:

You wan scatter many marriages be that

don't mind her biased judgement, from her post you can smell the desperation. only those who see marriage as opportunity to inherit wealth lack the knowledge that husband and wife should work for the children's future, and not to drag inheritance with children.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 26, 2014
immortalvoices:

african mentality

no bro, wives killing hubbys for inheritance isn't just African, it happens everywhere in the world. watch those telemundo movies. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Mistakenly Impregnanted My Wife's Sis And Cousin... / What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. / Has Any Of You Dated Or Married To A Woman Who Is A Twin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.