Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand (4931 Views)

2015 ELECTION: How PDP, Jonathan Plan To Unseat APC In Lagos / EXCLUSIVE: Atiku Snubs Rochas Okorocha At The Governors Gathering(pictures) / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
[/quote]. Ask Obj the reason why he remain political slave to the northerner and begger to his ppl to get their favor for his 2nd term election.
If things continue like this, I won't be surprise to see even the so call the friends of Mr president to leave him at the last minute [quote]

If OBJ is a slave of the north,it is simply becos he chose to remain so.In 2011 GEJ won convincly without the north.2015 is not likely to be differant
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by LFJ: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
chukwudi44: . Ask Obj the reason why he remain political slave to the northerner and begger to his ppl to get their favor for his 2nd term election.
If things continue like this, I won't be surprise to see even the so call the friends of Mr president to leave him at the last minute

If OBJ is a slave of the north,it is simply becos he chose to remain so.In 2011 GEJ won convincly without the north.2015 is not likely to be differant

Thank God, u said it is not likely to be different. It can equally be different. Things change, the shoeless man of yesterday now have plenty shoes today. If you study 2011 election by looking at factors that favored GEJ, the question is, are these factors still there? If you remove sentiment, you will know that the current situation is not in his favor. He needs to work more to win the masses to his side.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by phantom(m): 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
feedthenation: It will be a very tall task for GEJ to get maximum votes in core North West and North East states.
But if the missing $20bn can be use wisely, anything is possible.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by phantom(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
akumada1: Cross river or river state?

i dont know why many people cant differentiate cross-river form rivers state. undecided undecided undecided
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by ola6: 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Unemadu:

Abeg olusolawarrior has a point. the point being that Nigeria is still strongly tribal/religious whether you admit it or not. besides most Nigerians are hypocrites only paying lip service to issues like these.
For example suggest that an easterner become governor of lagos state and all hell will let loose. Typical

All hell will let lose because you are telling a people that they are not in control of their political destiny while you are in full control of yours. You should stop the hypocrisy, not me....and enough of the petty emotional blackmail. What exactly do you mean by "typical"?! Can you see how hypocritical you are yourself? In your mind, you conveniently stereotyped me because I am a PROUD YORUBA MAN and I made an opinion about MY STATE, not yours but MY STATE. Don't I, a Lagosian have a right to compare and contrast who rules my state especially, a non-Lagosian?

I don't care if you think this is bigotry, however, though we are all Nigerians, I will feel much more comfortable with a fellow Yoruba man as the governor. Why you ask? The same reason you will feel uncomfortable to have Buhari as your president or Nyako as the Governor of your state.

If you preach change, why can't the change happen from your state. Why another man's state?

Igbos forcing the issue makes it seem like they are desperate to govern Lagos. This is being interpreted or misinterpreted as a plan to annex or enslave or what have you, Lagos state. The more it's forced, the more the resistance and resentment.

...and if it is to tackle the issue head on. I will suggest every one to let the ethnic angle of who governs Lagos or any state sly and die organically. That way nobody will see it as a siege or hostile take over. Currently, it is ONLY the Igbos, out of over 250 ethnic groups that reside in Lagos, that are screaming the loudest. It makes one wonder why?

Hope you get my point?

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Unemadu: 4:49am On Aug 27, 2014
ola6:

All hell will let lose because you are telling a people that they are not in control of their political destiny while you are in full control of yours. You should stop the hypocrisy, not me....and enough of the petty emotional blackmail. What exactly do you mean by "typical"?! Can you see how hypocritical you are yourself? In your mind, you conveniently stereotyped me because I am a PROUD YORUBA MAN and I made an opinion about MY STATE, not yours but MY STATE. Don't I, a Lagosian have a right to compare and contrast who rules my state especially, a non-Lagosian?

I don't care if you think this is bigotry, however, though we are all Nigerians, I will feel much more comfortable with a fellow Yoruba man as the governor. Why you ask? The same reason you will feel uncomfortable to have Buhari as your president or Nyako as the Governor of your state.

If you preach change, why can't the change happen from your state. Why another man's state?

Igbos forcing the issue makes it seem like they are desperate to govern Lagos. This is being interpreted or misinterpreted as a plan to annex or enslave or what have you, Lagos state. The more it's forced, the more the resistance and resentment.

...and if it is to tackle the issue head on. I will suggest every one to let the ethnic angle of who governs Lagos or any state sly and die organically. That way nobody will see it as a siege or hostile take over. Currently, it is ONLY the Igbos, out of over 250 ethnic groups that reside in Lagos, that are screaming the loudest. It makes one wonder why?

Hope you get my point?

Op gave his analysis saying people will vote based on tribal and religious sentiments, you attacked him, yet you admitted u wont vote an igbo man for Lagos governor.

He opined that easterners with a very large number in Lagos state will give jonathan significant votes in Lagos yet you are here ranting about how he is insulting Yorubas as if they dont have a say in the whole process.

Your only problem is that he mentioned EASTERNERS which seems quite irritating to your ears.

My dear brother IGBOS have a large number in Lagos and you cannot wish it away

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 27, 2014
LFJ:

Thank God, u said it is not likely to be different. It can equally be different. Things change, the shoeless man of yesterday now have plenty shoes today. If you study 2011 election by looking at factors that favored GEJ, the question is, are these factors still there? If you remove sentiment, you will know that the current situation is not in his favor. He needs to work more to win the masses to his side.

Whether he wins or loses will have nothing to do with the north.No matter what GEJ does the north will never vote for him.Even if we have PDP governors in the entire northern states,he will still lose there.His key areas are the SS/SE/MB and xtian areas of the NE/NW
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by agamenon(m): 6:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Pls,that RCA is an APC man does not make Rivers an APC state,he is alone.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: Your argument is based on tribal sentiment- I won't continue the conversation with you.

Enjoy

I'm sorry to say this but we still very much vote along tribal lines in Nigeria. Do you expect APC to win in Oyo State?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 27, 2014
tokunboh:

I'm sorry to say this but we still very much vote along tribal lines in Nigeria. Do you expect APC to win in Oyo State?
ofcourse APC will win in Oyo State. See oyo case is a peculiar one. The PDP lost it when Ladoja led group(Mostly Ibadan bloc) joined the Accord Party in 2010. AP and PDP as at today will never Work together in Oyo State thanks to the alleged Betrayal of Ladoja by Alao Akala. The APC that has its root in Ibadan cannot lose Oyo State. In fact the AP as a party is more receptive to APC than the PDP. As for the Presidential poll, PDP will lose Oyo with a significant margin.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: ofcourse APC will win in Oyo State. See oyo case is a peculiar one. The PDP lost it when Ladoja led group(Mostly Ibadan bloc) joined the Accord Party in 2010. AP and PDP as at today will never Work together in Oyo State thanks to the alleged Betrayal of Ladoja by Alao Akala. The APC that has its root in Ibadan cannot lose Oyo State. In fact the AP as a party is more receptive to APC than the PDP. As for the Presidential poll, PDP will lose Oyo with a significant margin.

Wanna bet? APC will lose in Oyo State both in the guber and presidential elections. I can bet my life on that smiley
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 27, 2014
tokunboh:

Wanna bet? APC will lose in Oyo State both in the guber and presidential elections. I can bet my life on that smiley
How will APC lose? PDP will most likely field an Ogbomoso man Aloa Akala-Dead on Arrival. Ladoja of APC can't garner enough votes to unseat Ajimobi, he will only want to remain a power bloc in Ibadan.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: How will APC lose? PDP will most likely field an Ogbomoso man Aloa Akala-Dead on Arrival. Ladoja of APC can't garner enough votes to unseat Ajimobi, he will only want to remain a power bloc in Ibadan.

Haha, you got it all wrong bro. The politics of Oyo State goes beyond simple calculations. Akala will end up in the senate or as a minister, you can quote me anywhere; Alleluyah the incumbent senator will unwillingly step down for him. Do I also need to remind you that APC does not have a single Senator in Oyo State? Senators Lanlehin and Adeseun have decamped to Accord party and PDP respectively. The major voting blocs we have in Oyo State are being controlled by the opposition. Ladoja has Ibadan, Akala has Ogbomosho, Ayoade Adeseun of PDP and Bisi Ilaka of Accord party has Oyo Central on lockdown - need I also remind you that these two will pull more votes than the partisan Alaafin of Oyo. So tell me, where will APC get their votes from? Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho or Oke Ogun? The little analysis I've done here is just on the surface, by the time I go into indepth analysis, you'd weep for APC in Oyo State. As it stands, Accord will take the governorship while PDP will win the presidential election. I can bet my life in this smiley

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2014
tokunboh:

Haha, you got it all wrong bro. The politics of Oyo State goes beyond simple calculations. Akala will end up in the senate or as a minister, you can quote me anywhere; Alleluyah the incumbent senator will unwillingly step down for him. Do I also need to remind you that APC no longer have a single Senator in Oyo State? Senators Lanlehin and Adeseun have decamped to Accord party and PDP respectively. The major voting blocs we have in Oyo State are being controlled by the opposition. Ladoja has Ibadan, Akala has Ogbomosho, Ayoade Adeseun of PDP and Bisi Ilaka of Accord party has Oyo Central on lockdown - need I also remind you that these two will pull more votes than the partisan Alaafin of Oyo. So tell me, where will APC get their votes from? Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho or Oke Ogun? The little analysis I've done here is just on the surface, by the time I go into indepth analysis, you'd weep for APC in Oyo State. As it stands, Accord will take the governorship while PDP will win the presidential election. I can bet my life in this smiley
Wishful thinking I tell you. When Did Senator Lehin and Ayoade Ademola Adeseun moved to Accord Party? STOP the wishful thinking brother. They are full fledged APC Members. The Olubadan still calls the shot in Ibadanland and 2015 won't be different. Bro, no need for your wishful thinking as PDP is only popular in Ogbomoso and nothing in Ibadan. As for Accord, they will give a good fight but Ajimobi will win.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: Wishful thinking I tell you. When Did Senator Lehin and Ayoade Ademola Adeseun moved to Accord Party? STOP the wishful thinking brother. They are full fledged APC Members. The Olubadan still calls the shot in Ibadanland and 2015 won't be different. Bro, no need for your wishful thinking as PDP is only popular in Ogbomoso and nothing in Ibadan. As for Accord, they will give a good fight but Ajimobi will win.

Google is your friend, bro. They renounced their Janjaweeeeeed membership some months back smiley
I laugh again. If you don't even know that these Senators have decamped; I guess it would be very difficult for you to believe that APC in Oyo State, is already a goner. APC is dead in Oyo State, we are only waiting for its burial. grin
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2014
tokunboh:

Google is your friend, bro. They renounced their Janjaweeeeeed membership some months back smiley
I laugh again. If you don't even know that these Senators have decamped; I guess it would be very difficult for you to believe that APC in Oyo State, is already a goner. APC is dead in Oyo State, we are only waiting for its burial. grin
Well their NASS record still shows APC as at today. However, The Olubadan still calls the shot in Ibadanland and 2015 won't be different.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: Well their NASS record still shows APC as at today. However, The Olubadan still calls the shot in Ibadanland and 2015 won't be different.

Trust me, Olubadan has just one vote smiley. Oyo State politics has evolved, especially in Ibadan. Abeg forget that Ajimobi bribed him by making his son a commissioner; The Olubadan will always go with the wishes of the people, he has no choice. Even if he doesn't want to, he'd have to pretend.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 27, 2014
tokunboh:

Trust me, Olubadan has just one vote smiley. Oyo State politics has evolved, especially in Ibadan. Abeg forget that Ajimobi bribed him by making his son a commissioner; The Olubadan will always go with the wishes of the people, he has no choice. Even if he doesn't want to, he'd have to pretend.
But guy I am still wondering when APC Senators defected to Accord as APC and NASS Official Websites still have them on their record
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by sujex2015: 10:54am On Aug 27, 2014
ola6:

Dude, I know you love GEJ. So do I. But don't make it sound like we Lagosians are not in-charge of our political destiny. It's insulting. Are you saying Easterners will dictate what happens in Lagos? What about other Yorubas from other states?! Are you saying their sensibilities don't matter?! Please watch it. It's annoying and insulting.
politics is a game of numbers bro.....be wise.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: But guy I am still wondering when APC Senators defected to Accord as APC and NASS Official Websites still have them on their record

That's politics for you bro. At least, they have professed it and they have openly decamped and pledged allegiance to their new parties smiley. Their interviews are on the internet, this is no manufactured news smiley
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: But guy I am still wondering when APC Senators defected to Accord as APC and NASS Official Websites still have them on their record

Bros google no de ur china phone!!! Continue fooling yourself by shouting olubadan as if he has more than 1 vote!!! Accord party is going to win in oyo state come 2015.Ajmobi is just too unpopular and will not even come second in the 2015 polls
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by DidierKing: 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Senator Ayoade Adeseun, Oyo Central dump APC for PDP
April 22, 2014 | Filed under: News,Politics | Posted by: admin
All Progressives Congress (APC) Senator representing Oyo Central, Ayoade Ademola Adeseun has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Adeseun ran on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), winning 105,975 votes, ahead of Luqman O. Ilaka of the Accord
Party with 92,544 votes and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidate with 78, 643 votes.

With this development, APC , or longer have any Senator from Oyo State as Senator Oluyemi Lanlehin was said to have quietly decamped to the Labour Party.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by ikweremilitant: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
OseghaleEbosele: Do you honestly think the President can win in PDP states like Kebbi, Katsina, Jigawa, Bauchi, Gombe and Kaduna? Wake up my guy
or u think buhari wil win in d apc states of imo,rivers,edo,lagos,ogun,oyo,nasarawa,abi?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by stevolinkon40: 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
tokunboh:

Haha, you got it all wrong bro. The politics of Oyo State goes beyond simple calculations. Akala will end up in the senate or as a minister, you can quote me anywhere; Alleluyah the incumbent senator will unwillingly step down for him. Do I also need to remind you that APC does not have a single Senator in Oyo State? Senators Lanlehin and Adeseun have decamped to Accord party and PDP respectively. The major voting blocs we have in Oyo State are being controlled by the opposition. Ladoja has Ibadan, Akala has Ogbomosho, Ayoade Adeseun of PDP and Bisi Ilaka of Accord party has Oyo Central on lockdown - need I also remind you that these two will pull more votes than the partisan Alaafin of Oyo. So tell me, where will APC get their votes from? Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho or Oke Ogun? The little analysis I've done here is just on the surface, by the time I go into indepth analysis, you'd weep for APC in Oyo State. As it stands, Accord will take the governorship while PDP will win the presidential election. I can bet my life in this smiley
@texaco1 . What did you have to say abt this
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by stevolinkon40: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
DidierKing: Senator Ayoade Adeseun, Oyo Central dump APC for PDP
April 22, 2014 | Filed under: News,Politics | Posted by: admin
All Progressives Congress (APC) Senator representing Oyo Central, Ayoade Ademola Adeseun has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Adeseun ran on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), winning 105,975 votes, ahead of Luqman O. Ilaka of the Accord
Party with 92,544 votes and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidate with 78, 643 votes.

With this development, APC , or longer have any Senator from Oyo State as Senator Oluyemi Lanlehin was said to have quietly decamped to the Labour Party.
labour party? When he openly declared for accord at mapo yesterday?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by stevolinkon40: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bros google no de ur china phone!!! Continue fooling yourself by shouting olubadan as if he has more than 1 vote!!! Accord party is going to win in oyo state come 2015.Ajmobi is just too unpopular and will not even come second in the 2015 polls
Gbam.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: Is Cross River in the kitty of the APC?

But the three MOST influential states Lagos, Kano and Rivers states in order of political influence are APC's grin

I hope you know the president doesn't need to win in those states? He only needs 25%. He can focus on winning outright elsewhere.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by gare(f): 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
OKKO: Don't you think the President will win in APC states like:
Imo - 80%
Lagos- 60%
Nassarawa- 60%
Edo- 70%
Rivers- 60%
Etc

The President will always win in Imo, Rivers and Edo, which are APC states, but no matter the party the people of these states will never vote for a northern except the APC fields a southern Candidates, I do not see any Ibo man voting for APC, APC has never as a party won any election in the south south or south east, if you are not aware APC WILL NEVER WIN ANY ELECTIVE POSITIONS IN THE SS AND SE which makes it very easy for GEJ TO WIN SO EXCLUDE RIVERS, IMO AND EDO FROM THE APC LIST BECAUSE THESE STATES ARE MORE OF PDP IN CITEZEN THAN APC IN LEADERSHIP
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by texaco1: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
stevolinkon40: @texaco1 . What did you have to say abt this
the analysis are partially correct but not absolutely,one thing which i have been saying and which i will continue to say is akala will not be given the pdp ticket , and another strong indication to this is the failure of omisore in osun elections , but from information reaching me if arapaja and some key pdp member decamp to another party ,that may make it difficult for pdp but from all indications pdp will win the presidential. in terms of governorship i willl still keep my bet on pdp but for house of reps and senatorial ,that will be a tough battle for pdp .accord and labour will likely hav their own share too. the end result will be that no party will have an total clearing of all seats , it will be shared , accord is coming up Strong, this time in oyo state ppl will vote for the person when it comes to house of reps and senatorial but for governorship and presidential ppl will go for party
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
stevolinkon40: @texaco1 . What did you have to say abt this

Is Texaco1 saying something contrary?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election: How The Governors Stand by texaco1: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
tokunboh:

Is Texaco1 saying something contrary?
pdp will win the governoship , that is the only area we disagree on . akala wont be given the pdp ticket and he wont be the next governor. we agree on that.
labour and accord will make remarkable progress in winning seats at both the state and national assemblies . i dont see any future for apc in oyo state .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How This ATM User Dressed (photo) / Ministerial List: PDP Submits Preferred Alternative Ministerial List / 15 Most Urbanized Cities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.