Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

IS THERE GOD? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IS THERE GOD? (2811 Views)

Is There God / Six reasons for you to believe that there's God / There's Proof, There's God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IS THERE GOD? by UrbanMystique: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Same old crap popping up every now and then..

Search the forum before you create a topic... Your topic has been debunked over and over again.

3 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Zikdik(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
OP is trolling his own thread with stewpid posts.
These Christians... always equating Atheism and Science. I'm outta here.

3 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
UrbanMystique: Same old crap popping up every now and then..

Search the forum before you create a topic... Your topic has been debunked over and over again.
Debunk it again cos i wish to learn sad
Re: IS THERE GOD? by UrbanMystique: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Emmalot121: Debunk it again cos i wish to learn sad
then someone will come again tomorrow and ask me to start all over again huh? Sorry man, no time.

Rule 14. Please search the forum before creating a new
thread on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Atigba: 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
have read similar topics like this on nairaland

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Zikdik: OP is trolling his own thread with stewpid posts.
Atheism uses elements of science such as saying you can't proof what your any of your five senses can't,uses big bang which is science to prove its course,says we give credit to God when scientists cure a disease consequently saying there is no God in science i.e. Science is Atheistic in Nature(independent of God).With this,I think you see why we have to move to science in order to prove our point lest we look abstract and ordinary.
Contrary to what you have written,we Christians believe God is a scientist,not only is he the First scientist,but the greatest ever known to mankind.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
UrbanMystique: then someone will come again tomorrow and ask me to start all over again huh? Sorry man, no time.

thread on Nairaland.
You explained to someone,not me if another comes tomorrow,its polite to argue it with him lest you look like a coward.IF ANOTHER THREAD LIKE THIS EXIST,I'M SURE IT'S NOT WITH SAME COMMENTS.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atigba: have read similar topics like this on nairaland
Surely not with same comments and nairalanders.Isn't it?
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
uzolexis:

Albert Einstein was not an atheist,he was not a christian either but he believed in the existence of a superior being,a being greater than man. Here are some of his quotes "every scientist becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men"
"What I am really interested in knowing is whether God could have created the world in a different way"
"My religiosity consists of a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit,...that superior reasoning power forms my idea of God"
He said a lot of things that confirm his belief in God
He was deist.
He didnt believe in Yahweh, Allah, or any of those childish characters in novels called gods.

You believe in a God who plays dice, and I in complete law and order in a world which objectively exists, and which I in a wildly speculative way, am trying to capture. I firmly believe, but I hope that someone will discover a
more realistic way, or rather a more tangible basis than it has been my lot to find. Even the great initial success of the quantum theory does not make me believe in the fundamental dice game, although I am well aware that some of our younger colleagues interpret this as a consequence of senility.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by urheme: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
I can see all the atheist on this thread being beating by the op's extract, they are confuse, no atheist has been able to deligently criticise op's extract.

I take it that they have lost the argument and have come to accept the existence of my God

Apatheist:
He was deist.
He didnt believe in Yahweh, Allah, or any of those childish characters in novels called gods.

Look at this liar!!!
Typing lies with confidence,
Did he tell u to make a case for him?

UrbanMystique: then someone will come again tomorrow and ask me to start all over again huh? Sorry man, no time.
thread on Nairaland.

You see this coward!!
Accepting a defeat in the name of an unenacted law called rule 14.
If you are not fake you will debunk the argument a hundred times with any alteration.

Zikdik: OP is trolling his own thread with stewpid posts.

And you what are your beliefs?, take a stand so we can attack you properly.

UrbanMystique: Same old crap popping up every now and then..

Make una see the liar!!!
Front load the evidence of over and over again

Waiting

JohnSno: Atheists: always shallow at things they think they know. Smh

Who told u so?
Atheist are some of the most intelligent people on planet earth, they know a lot.

Zikdik: What argument? That was a trumped-up conversation by a blindsided theist in support of theism. It's so bias and myopic. Who recorded the conversation betwixt the professor and his student verbatim? If I was given a Penny each time I've seen that garbage on the Internet, I'd be a millionaire by now.
Present a reasonable argument. I'd be glad to discuss with you.

You are cunny and crafty

You are running away because you have been beating, you cannot convince me that the op's extract is not arguable,
Thanks for acknowledging the existence of God.

?!
Who are you to argue that anyway
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
Do not quote me again, bi.tch.
You know yourself.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
who created presence and absence
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
who created the sweet fruit and the bitter fruit
Re: IS THERE GOD? by urheme: 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
And u, "dog" you know your self,
I will quote what ever interest me and i will be runing dogs like you out of this thread
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
pesty100: who created the sweet fruit and the bitter fruit
You tickle me grin . Urheme come answer this question ooooooooooooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
pesty100: who created presence and absence
I really can't comprehend this question.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Emmalot121: I really can't comprehend this question.
what I meant is who created the presence of something and the absence of something..... Like who created happiness and sadness something like that
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Emmalot121: You tickle me grin . Urheme come answer this question ooooooooooooo grin grin grin
isn't bitterness the absence of sweetness
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
pesty100: what I meant is who created the presence of something and the absence of something..... Like who created happiness and sadness something like that
God created happiness,the absence of God and faith created sadness like you read in Einstein's arguement.I think you have seen the link I forwarded to you about the benefits of bitter fruits.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Emmalot121: God created happiness,the absence of God and faith created sadness like you read in Einstein's arguement.I think you have seen the link I forwarded to you about the benefits of bitter fruits.
I didn't ask for the benefits of bitter fruits, am only telling you if God created bitterness the absence of sweetness den he created evil the absence of good
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
pesty100: I did ask for the benefits of bitter fruits, am only telling you if God created bitterness the absence of sweetness den he created evil the absence of good
"In the beginning God created the heavens and earth.The earth was without form and void and DARKNESS was upon the face of the deep... "
An intelligent man would quickly say:"If God created everything,did he create darkness as the world would have been in a state before he created our world."But the interesting part is that darkness is only an oxymoron,it is just the word we say when 'there is no light.' So was bitterness(Absence of joy) and evil(Absence of good) not created.
Bitter Foods you see is not tantamount to bitterness and bad as you have used it as bitter foods are good for the body as you have seen through that LINK I gave to you and helps to balance the sweet foods we take which on the long run is harmful to us. YOUR BITTERNESS IS EQUAL TO SORROW,MINE IS TASTE WHICH IS ONE OF THE FIVE BASIC SENSATIONS ON THE TONGUEsad http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Emmalot121: "In the beginning God created the heavens and earth.The earth was without form and void and DARKNESS was upon the face of the deep... "
An intelligent man would quickly say:"If God created everything,did he create darkness as the world would have been in a state before he created our world."But the interesting part is that darkness is only an oxymoron,it is just the word we say when 'there is no light.' So was bitterness(Absence of joy) and evil(Absence of good) not created.
Bitter Foods you see is not tantamount to bitterness and bad as you have used it as bitter foods are good for the body as you have seen through that LINK I gave to you and helps to balance the sweet foods we take which on the long run is harmful to us. YOUR BITTERNESS IS EQUAL TO SORROW,MINE IS TASTE WHICH IS ONE OF THE FIVE BASIC SENSATIONS ON THE TONGUEsad http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste
am not talking about sorrow, am talking about taste, the fact is one taste is the absence of another taste
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Emmalot121: "In the beginning God created the heavens and earth.The earth was without form and void and DARKNESS was upon the face of the deep... "
An intelligent man would quickly say:"If God created everything,did he create darkness as the world would have been in a state before he created our world."
so there are things God didn't create and one of dem includes our previous world(the one he meet darkness in) before he terraformed it
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
What am saying is
good and evil are two instances they
complement each other, just like nairaland if
you typed the wrong password a page comes
out that tells you that; you type the wrong
password, while if you typed the right one
your profile open; those are two instances, if
the programmer didn't create the instance
when you typed the wrong password to take
you to another page where you are told the
password you typed is incorrect, then you
would have been directed to a blank page,
same applies to the concept of good and evil,
hope I answered you
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
pesty100: am not talking about sorrow, am talking about taste, the fact is one taste is the absence of another taste
Taste is finite so one taste is the opposite of another,but like Einstein said sorrow is infinite so can only exist when there is no joy.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
pesty100: so there are things God didn't create and one of dem includes our previous world(the one he meet darkness in) before he terraformed it
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/guzik/commentaries/0101.htm
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 4:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Emmalot121: Taste is finite so one taste is the opposite of another,but like Einstein said sorrow is infinite so can only exist when there is no joy.
taste isn't finite and Einstein never said sorrow is infinite.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Kay17: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2014
italo: All Atheist arguments against God are based on flawed premises. All.

Be specific on the God

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Kay17: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2014
@OP

What's your interest in saving infidels and unbelievers? Is your salvation hinged on ours? Do you suffer from our actions and be condemned to hell by our sins?!

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 9:31am On Aug 28, 2014
pesty100: taste isn't finite and Einstein never said sorrow is infinite.
What do you do when you taste food on fire,is it not to measure its saltiness.Taste unlike sorrow can be regulated and exist independently(does not occur due to absence of one another.) Total sorrow like total Darkness cannot be measured and cannot be deepened and are mere oxymoron existing due to absence of something.Yes total sorrow cannot be deepened because you have no joy left.If you want to feel the fact that TOTAL SORROW (TOTAL ABSENCE OF JOY EXIST),burn everything you have,go to a prison in Egypt,where you have little food to eat a day and you are in a single sound proof room,where you can neither communicate or be communicated to,where you are molested day and night for like 30 years,that is when you understand total Sorrow exist,a state where there is no joy and your sorrow cannot be deepened.
DO YOU BELIEVE SWEET FOODS AND BITTER FOODS DON'T EXIST AND CANNOT BE TAGGED WITH ONE ANOTHER?Bitter foods are caused by certain enzymes and elements and sweet foods are caused by different enzymes and elements,it is the reaction of the brain to these enzymes and elements that causes the sensation of bitterness and sweetness.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2014
pesty100: What am saying is
good and evil are two instances they
complement each other, just like nairaland if
you typed the wrong password a page comes
out that tells you that; you type the wrong
password, while if you typed the right one
your profile open; those are two instances, if
the programmer didn't create the instance
when you typed the wrong password to take
you to another page where you are told the
password you typed is incorrect, then you
would have been directed to a blank page,
same applies to the concept of good and evil,
hope I answered you
You keep twisting same question.The fact is that wrong password does not exist.It is just the term we say whenever you fail to write the right password i.e. Wrong password is not the opposite of Right password,but the absence of it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doubts About The Catholic Church Docrine. / Would The World End This September ? / Got Married At Age 36 As A Virgin. Thank You Jesus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.