Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68360 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nnachi404(m): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

the truth and nothing but the truth. For me l like water from that pot called udu in lgbo
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by sanitelag(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
wao! do u mean its no longer in use now? no, we are currenty having and using it in our community.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Niwdog(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
jennykadry: My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy
jennykadry: My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy

simple question'watin una dey call?u bgin talk story
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by omog2000(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
smileyMe too done do thesame .
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by seguno2: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tinyemeka:
The pot is semi-porous. Minute amounts of water percolate through the pot and evaporate taking away heat of evaporation from the water left in the pot.
Happens continuously so the water left in the pot cools over time.
And besides, the pot is usually kept in a cool, shaded place.

Thanks a lot for the scientific explanation. Does the percolation also purify? Any study on how long it takes for each degree of cooling and/or purification? A link will be highly appreciated.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by M4gunners: 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
joebases: Can't forget my days in my south eastern village where we call it ite
You most be from my side lol.Ite miri.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by jnrbayano(m): 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
anitank: Mmiri Udu cheesy

Tinyemeka:
Udu!

You guys got the name spot on in Igbo Language. "Udu Mmiri"...Kudos!!

And yes I drank severally from it, Bunmioguns.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by chiogoezubem(f): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2014

Yeah, I feel you bros. I drank from it too and definitely loved doing so. So cool and refreshing, I tell you. Reminiscing right now, and missing my grannys too.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by majomayo(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!

you drank only once....yet the water was 'always' sweet and...
It is either your grammar combination is bad or your a pathetic liar....just saying.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Orikinla(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did in our village in Aforugiri, Uhuhu, Umuahia North, Abia State.
That was as a child in the early 1970s.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by austine4real(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin grin grin amu in Yoruba land or ikoko amo
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Bagarph: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dat was d deepfreezer that year...... D water dey cold die!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by johnlegend01: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
I still drank from it till 2wks ago. Alwaz like rain water.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

I drank it oo and i was still one of the first kids that ate 2 minute noodles for free in school back in the days grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by crisycent: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
oyesiju: my parent own is bigger than that one,anyways they are still using it,interestingly my dad buy it b4 he marry my mum about 40 years ago.

After u go dey laff patience Jonathan. There's God oo grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by babybuzx(f): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dats d cooolest freezer in ma villa. D water from it is so satisfying

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
chaii warri this herb pot or what?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by folu4real(f): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
ikoko grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Tantidora(f): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
My gradmother(of blessed memory) use it as a cooking pot
and same as other villagers.
When she prepare goat soup, bush meat or stew it taste very different and natural, compare to when u use sauce pan.
Here in Ghana, we have a different 1, we call it "cooler", for water.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by jevic(m): 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
My step mother uses it when she was alive, so whenever I visited her, I drank from the pot.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
I never did... sad
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by oluxy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Wow! I drank from it several times; cold and natural.... Its a true nigeria fridge...
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by IntroVAT: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
My question is, why must it be that iron cup? grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by adanny01(m): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Randa in hausa. Coincidentally there is a village in my home local government called Randa.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Princejboy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

i drank from that kind of pot just resently,n believe me it was cool*hail nature*
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by escobardtotti: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
Each time I see my grand ma God bless you mama the water was sweeter than bottled water
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by arsetalks(m): 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did. The water from it can be very cold.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by domido(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Neva drank from it cos av neva been to my villa but God's grace next year i will try visit my villa.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Chubhie: 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
Villa things! We call it Udu and always hit the stream early morn morn to get fresh clean water to fill it up. Those were days!!!!! Times has changed!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by stagger: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Last time was in Dec 1985 in my mama's village.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by iamord(m): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy

SMH!!!

Shalanga dey claim butty !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / Man Whose Wife Died Chasing Side Chick Is Not Dead. He Was In Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.