Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Current State Of Ariaria International Market. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Current State Of Ariaria International Market. (3179 Views)

Bad State Of Ariaria International Market In Aba After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Police Station Burnt In Aba, NDLEA Official Killed At Ariaria Market / Serious Riot In Ariaria Aba, As Police Kills A Man - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ariaria international market, located in aba and founded by late Dr Sam Mbakwe has the capacity to serve the neighbouring states of Rivers,Akwa Ibom, Cross River,Bayelsa, Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu and west African countries like Cameron, Benin,Niger etc. The market is special in that it is the only market in Nigeria were imported and locally made products are competing seriously.made in Aba products like shoes,sandals,bags etc competes favourably with foreign ones.give an Aba man an Italian shoe and he will duplicate a better one d next day.last time I traveled to Lome, I came across some products of Aba origin and it made me happy,a proud nwa Aba.
my mother used to own a shop in Arabia back in the days,during holidays she will be taking us to her shop.my first experience of the market was a mixed feeling in that mum made a lot of sales that she was counting money till it was time to go.The market closes around 5pm.It started raining around 4 30th, the rain was so much that we had walk home because the whole faulks road that leads to the market was flooded,in order to make sure am safe,mum carrying foodstuffs on her head fell inside the gutter and I can't help but kept crying till other traders came to our rescue.This is happening Around 1992.
This is the current state of the market and the popular ukwu mango the governor claimed to have reconstructed.
What shall it profit a Man to gain the whole World and loose his soul to Satan.
Bill Gates as rich as he is cannot afford to buy a street in California talk more of California as a state,then the whole world?

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
abacrested, you reside in Aba?
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by LaurelP(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pls do you have a governor in your state?

5 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Damn! its in a really terrible state,. This is a disaster, shame on Abia State Government sad .
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
More pics

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is the popular Ukwu mango[b][/b]

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
Inside the Uyo and Calabar park

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by IGBOSON1: 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
I've stated on a different thread that to try and cut corners by employing cheap local labour to do a job meant for a huge construction company with a proven track record is just penny-wise-pound-foolish!

Now they're gonna spend even more money to try and remedy the situation.....that's if they care!

4 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Onyegecha(f): 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Not much difference between this and Ekeonunwa market Owerri when it rains.
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
abacrested: Inside the Uyo and Calabar park

This is an era of destructive flooding and its everywhere. Aba has a long lasting problem of flooding because it grew on a flat wetland with people building on top of natural channels. This flooding has always been there and requires serious funds to solve. Those used to google earth can easily notice Ariaria market and almost half of Aba is below sea level and that's a dangerous siuation. If I were to be in charge, I'd take a loan to fund an artificial channelling project where mini-rivers will be created to cut across that area and channelled to Imo river. It will cost a lot but will solve the drainage problem once and for all.

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Gboliwe: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
IGBOSON1: I've stated on a different thread that to try and cut corners by employing cheap local labour to do a job meant for a huge construction company with a proven track record is just penny-wise-pound-foolish!

Now they're gonna spend even more money to try and remedy the situation.....that's if they care!
There has never ever been any attempt by the useless governor to fix the mess in Aba. Not in the last 4years, not in this present one. The entire city of Aba is a big heap of what we call "boola" as a kid. It means a refuse dump. I was in Aba in July, after a few days, I became sickly. When I told the doctor friend of mine I was in Aba for a few days, he prescribed antibiotics. That's how infested that city is. People live on top of refuse.

I went to that Ariaria, it was the grace of God that saw me through. Even my crusty K-leg (borrowed from Sirshymex) almost boke in two. It is an experience I wish not to relive.
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
More

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
frankben1: abacrested, you reside in Aba?
yes
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Federal Government should with matter of urgency declare a State Of Emegency on Aba.

What da heck!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
abacrested: yes
which area? smiley
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
When you read the comments on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1481520/flood-uyo-despite-drainage-system

you'll realize how gullible and biased Nigerian mind can be. Flooding remains a natural disaster and sometimes is beyond us. Orji has not invested in road constructions in Aba but you cannot blame him for flooding which is as a result of nature, terrain and indiscriminate building of houses on natural drainage system. Uyo has same problem and even Port-Harcourt, Lagos or Owerri. I will come up with pictures from almost all the cities in Nigeria with flooded bad road.

Enough of this campaign against Igboland and gullible Igbos falling prey.

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Federal Government should with matter of urgency declare a State Of Emegency on Aba.

What da heck!!!!

Berem this is Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
abagoro:

This is an era of destructive flooding and its everywhere. Aba has a long lasting problem of flooding because it grew on a flat wetland with people building on top of natural channels. This flooding has always been there and requires serious funds to solve. Those used to google earth can easily notice Ariaria market and almost half of Aba is below sea level and that's a dangerous siuation. If I were to be in charge, I'd take a loan to fund an artificial channelling project where mini-rivers will be created to cut across that area and channelled to Imo river. It will cost a lot but will solve the drainage problem once and for all.
that is not the problem because if u know Aba very well u will notice that there is a lot of streams were this flood can be channeled. The problem is the governor who thinks everything is politics. Ariaria has more than 10 thousand shops and each of this shops for the past 7 years has been paying #3500 as infrastructure levy to repair this roads yet nothing is been done.lmagine the state of UKWU Mango he claimed to have repaired,the same thing goes with all those schools the governor claims to have done,they are all scams.u need to come to Aba to see how people both residents and visitors do cry on a daily basis,cursing the governor,it is very bad and the worst of it is that those pics are not the worst places in Aba

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
frankben1: which area? smiley
ngwa road by ohanku
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
abagoro:

Berem this is Lagos!
Abagworo,this thread is not about Lagos. Kindly open another thread for that. Tell me the situation in Aba does not need urgent attention.

angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is Uyo

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
abacrested: ngwa road by ohanku
I'm typing from Faulks Rd. grin.

I'm suprised cos only a handful of abians are on nairaland.

Back to your topic, T.A orji to me I think is the worst abia governor ever
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is Asaba

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by oduastates: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
abagoro:

Berem this is Lagos!
Yeah right,
Comparing a geographically flat state ,located on a swampy flood plain ,and where many rivers basically discharge their contents to a badly governed state .
Very very intelligent reasoning there.

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is Enugu

1)Airport

2) and 3 Inside IMT lecture hall

4) Nike community.

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
abagoro: This is Enugu

1)Airport

2) and 3 Inside IMT lecture hall

4) Nike community.

why don't you focus on the current thread, you will only cause confusion here.
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is Ibadan

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abacrested(f): 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
abagoro: This is Asaba
the problem with Aba is not flood rather is bad leadership,even without flood the roads are impassable, asaba and Uyo that u posted are London compared to Aba while aba is strategic more than this cities.Do u know the amount of money that revolves in Aba? The aim of posting this pics is to expose the bad leadership in the state.4get politics and face realities.

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by ketoprofen(m): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
abagoro:

Enough of this campaign against Igboland and gullible Igbos falling prey.
Thank u.
I don't know how many times they wanna create this kind of thread, imagine 2 Aba thread created in a week. what changed?
None of them come here to showcase Aba made products and so on, its all about the governor.
However, the gov should tar the roads first, and maintain sanitation, let's know that the only thing remaining is flood.

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by ketoprofen(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
abacrested: the problem with Aba is not flood rather is bad leadership,even without flood the roads are impassable, asaba and Uyo that u posted are London compared to Aba while aba is strategic more than this cities.Do u know the amount of money that revolves in Aba? The aim of posting this pics is to expose the bad leadership in the state.4get politics and face realities.

And how many times wl u keep facing realities when its obvious the gov doesn't care.
If Theodore had any shame, he could have done the roads since 2007 that we have been creating these threads
Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by abagoro(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
ketoprofen:

And how many times wl u keep facing realities when its obvious the gov doesn't care.
If Theodore had any shame, he could have done the roads since 2007 that we have been creating these threads

Theodore Orji is not a competent leader. He has some mentality that is keepinghis state infrastructuraly deterred. His problems are enormous when compared with Abia allocation and he is not working on increasing the IGR to raise funds or even borrow to aid infrastructure. From every information I have Abia seems to be the least indebted State in the Southeast and Orji has even reduced their debts by paying off reasonable fraction. Maybe he believes that is an achievement even though its a mark of incompetence.

The next Governor should declare infrastructure in Aba a state of emergency and start by demolishing houses and creating deep artificial rivers that will serve as natural drainage even before embarking on any form of road construction.

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Ariaria International Market. by ketoprofen(m): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
abagoro:

Theodore Orji is not a competent leader. He has some mentality that is keepinghis state infrastructuraly deterred. His problems are enormous when compared with Abia allocation and he is not working on increasing the IGR to raise funds or even borrow to aid infrastructure. From every information I have Abia seems to be the least indebted State in the Southeast and Orji has even reduced their debts by paying off reasonable fraction. Maybe he believes that is an achievement even though its a mark of incompetence.

The next Governor should declare infrastructure in Aba a state of emergency and start by demolishing houses and creating deep artificial rivers that will serve as natural drainage even before embarking on any form of road construction.

y won't he borrow to see the sufferings of the most creative citizens in Nigeria come to an end? He is just not thinking.
And I heard he has beef with Aba people, who threw satchet water at him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Builds World Class Medical City In Abuja / Pictures Of Sorry State Of Oyigbo Roads In Rivers State / Modified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.