Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. (46461 Views)

Pictures From The Top 3 New Federal Universities / A Nairalander Bagged First Class And Best Student Award In Oau Convocation / Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by HEART1234: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
I tink som folks didnt comprehend wat d OP meant. 4rm my view,he said 4student who undergo rigorous test(waec,jamb,pst ume),competitve admisn proces to overcom d challenges.Dere is expectatn dat d feat n achievment to surviv d battle shd reflect in their academic performanc. For som1 to get professional course like law,medcine,accounting,engineering etc,it accompany factors that beats it counterpart,cos most applicant dat choose dose course will pass bt few wil be admited base on some criteria. If out of d few admitd,som stil drop out,fail or cant maintain dere positn again,are we to say dey dont labor/work for dere courses. To cut it short,much is expected in fed uni student compare to wat we see/hear. Perhaps d output(result) doesnt suffice the input(intellectual). More xplanatn wont satify som stil,may i stop there. Factors dat may cause it are enormous bt no1 wil want to hear dat or understand it,they wil say u giving excuses bt i knw wise,smart n experience ones wil knw
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by HEART1234: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
ILLUSION-Students somtym feel 4dem 2gain admission dey are d best.Ofcourse,dey are gud even best cos d brain is effective n hot to "burn anytin"dey can attempt any? Even dose dat are not 4dere level and tend to see senior 2b dumb who doesnt "sabi"-brilliant as dey are. Dey are under illusn of extravagant confidence and take things for granted though serious bt arent well expose to real life.Note age isnt 2ru reflctn of maturity n experience
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by HEART1234: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Not well inform-som student dnt mingle or relate wit pioneer member of dept/senior 2knw what to do or not in line wit dere academic cos dey believ dey can do it alone "Self confidence of lust".If dey hav goten som info,it wil ease dem 2knw wat som lecture need e.g copy&past of note/text,attemping assignment cos it wil be part of exam,repeatitn of questn,he want summary/essay.All dese arent noted.Being introvert like me can depriv u info,likely questn,material etc but being smart can help u if u inquisitive.Information get u dere ahead of them with ease
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by HEART1234: 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Social Life-it grip on student to d extent of abandonin primary assignment. Emotionally Depress-finacial problem may cause it,imagine a 1st son who has no alternative than to earn for himself,also thinking of siblings,family ,roles&responsibilities,task ahead to face as d head and so many things. Nt vry1 wil knw wat dis feeling is,do u jst say dat an excuse to accomplish d best,believ me it nt only if d persn involv notic to mov on wit life but take d smart to manoeuvre it,nt easy to totally get rid of depression if cause is nt correctd. I remember d day my papa send a token to me while i was pondering in my room on how to survive dat week which i dnt want to cal him cos i knw he wud hav sent if he had d money.Few minut later,i jst saw an alert,al my worries wither away & was fill wit joy nt even to eat til d ffg day.I ran to my book & start reading subsequently, what a relief i must not let dis papa down i said. Parent marital issue,health problem dat bring thought of worries(epilepsy,ulcer,halitosis,body odour etc
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by HEART1234: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Friends influence cant be undermine. Lecturers-d gud n d bad. I once had dis mindset dat no lec turer wil intend to fail or see his/her student fail,if u are upto d task &requirement no hinderance/lecturer can stop u bt i hav to chang my mindset when i realise dere are sadist. Spiritual-only if u understand cos som wil say it psuedo. Environment-cultist environ,bar/noisy area,congested place al has -ve effect.Serene environ,meetin great mind impact +vely. The bottom line is there shdnj b disparity bt fed,state,private uni,d deed has been don for graduate bt undergraduat/applicant shd learn from others opinions&suggestions. Dis story is lik dis cos of my acient java phone

1 Like

Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by chalxdon(m): 9:39am On Sep 03, 2014
bigmoztj: All State Universities are Community schools, no hard feeling and is very rare where a graduate from State university will out smart a Fed. uni graduate. I know of a graduate from Ebonyi state university who could not manage to write a bad CV after her NYSC #gosh# and they are the ones (State University graduate) that lobby for almost everything - employment, food, Transportation, ......... I am proud to be a Feddie graduate
And which school did you graduate from?
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by juwoonn(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
ednut1:
condemn how, jst an example, btw i went to unilorin accounting wink
grin
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Saaog(m): 8:37am On Jan 14, 2015
olami100:
I just felt bad with some people mentality! I want to ask what has been the impact of those student who graduated wif 2.1 or ist class frm a federal uni to the development of dis country?
What has been the impact of our lecturers or professors in the federal university to the development of dis country?
Or they want to tell me they are not best brains in the state university or private uni! Keep decieving uself!
At the end both of dem later ended up in d labour market searching for job!!
For me ALL OUR FEDERAL, STATE, and PRIVATE university have failed us! Take it or leave it!
we or know that our universities is in a devastating condition but still federal university is the. Best they are the future of nigeria Education
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by olami100(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
Saaog:
we or know that our universities is in a devastating condition but still federal university is the. Best they are the future of nigeria Education

Bro u are talking with sentiment.. It seems u are in one of those federal universities...you have said it all from your first statement in your write up.. You said, and I quote “we all know that our universities is in a devastating condition” that is the blunt truth...
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by yungest(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
cos fed uni or no fed uni,manipulation of admission list still da d school....don't know abt oda state uni bt my schl(delsu) admits students in terms of merit....b4 any kyn tin(its normal in all schl)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / Covenant Polytechnic Student Dies In Accident After Graduation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.