Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:17 AM

The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria (16056 Views)

Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) / Cnn Breaking News: Nigeria's Story Placed As Number 1 Headline News.(bad Image) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by richeso: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
[size=20pt]make i put this very clear. many many people for media and even nairaland bearing Nigerian names and speaking and typing like Nigerians are TRULY not Nigerians oo.. many are from close by country ( we even know them. check nairaland well you go see for yourself)

they talk and promote any negativity about Nigerians and not the positive ones.
they talk every bad thing that happen in Nigeria and not the good ones.
anything bad, evil, are what they promote in nairaland, yahoo, cnn and bbc. its just matter of posting.

we Nigerians need to watch and Do something about this Anti-Nigerians.

if you doubt me. make a thread praising Nigeria for an achievement and you will see the thread with less comment and almost forgotten easily
and in that thread they ( the anti-Nigeria) will disqualify or talk bad about the achievement bringing cooked-up stories.

its good we dey wake up small small. soon we go know watsup!.

na oyinbo place we dey see man dey grind man but nobody see am as bad thing, them say na human right lol.
woman grind woman, human right, pikin carry gun, human right,
pikin slap papa..human right
even now self ....... ....... ....... human rights. ( no ask me wetin i hide oo, soon you go see am yourself)[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Tonylyte(m): 11:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Yes, person. I am a God to losers like you. cool

person, learn to spell loser.

Product of a failed education system. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Shut up! U first class fool.....i'mma tear u apart and spare your hearth....................>
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2014
I see no one can change the reputation about Nigeria as a country, nor stop people from continuously giving the country a bad name; except God.
So I suggest people should quit complaining; work on themselves, by becoming a positive influence in their own community, rather than placing the blames on the actions of Nigerians, who continue to smear the reputation of the country........When I tell people I am a Nigerian, I say it with pride......Period...At the end of the day, all one can do is be a good product to the people around his/ herself.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by samplegirl(f): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2014
komekn:

Obama, won his first election on the slogan "Yes We Can" Change is coming, using the reasoning of your proposition with regard to GEJ, his election slogan would then be, "No We Can't" Change will never come. that would explain why his regime has essentially ENTHRONED CORRUPTION almost entirely whole-scale across his government.

No you got me wrong. Change will come if WE believe in it, if WE work it out, if WE stop blaming the other man, if WE believe that WE have our shortcomings individually and find ways to remedy it. Change will come the day WE start obeying the law not because WE are bieng watched but because the laws are there for us, for regulations. Other than that WE are simply making noise.

Have you entered public offices and see how corrupt the entire staff are? Must GEJ be present everywhere? How do we contribute our own quota to national development, by criticism and turning around to do worse things?

Nigerians are waiting for GEJ to tell them to stop giving bribe, littering the streets, driving against the traffic, paying for power consumed.

My question is ''where can we say that we are good but the government has failed?'' People demand and collect bags of rice and other inducement in other to vote and when the rice giver abandons you once in office you start to complain.

Let us grow up. The purge should be from inside.

2 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by dickoflife(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2014
Allohrandy: Nigerian image was destroyed by GEJ and his pdp members. our army which used to be the strongest in Africa are now bunch of lazy girls who run from boko haram due to bad leadership. we need a strong leader in Nigeria
bastard son of a LovePeddler.. u are part of the problem..
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 11:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Tonylyte:
Shut up! U first class fool.....i'mma tear u apart and spare your hearth....................>

Your are a cretinous person!

Have you learnt how to spell what you are, product of a failed education system? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by nothingbutruth: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2014
princefunmi:

I quite agree with you guys on one thing. Blaming the past for the woes of the present does not make sense. Afterall, the past only serves to point out out mistakes so that we dont make them again in present and not have to cry in future. A government comes into power fully aware of the issues at hand and its granted that they have a game plan aimed at tackling the issues.

That said, Samplegirl did raise a valid point which we shouldn't miss. How many Nigerians can truly stand up for what is right in the Nigeria of today? How many people will actually stand up to fight against the vices in the nation. How many Nigerians have not wished in the inner hearts to be on the seat of power so that they can get their own share of the infamous "National Cake"? (Men that cake must be pretty large) How many Nigerians in public offices have not used their power of office to satisfy their own selfish desires? How many Nigerians can truly say they have neither received bribes nor given bribes whether willfully or otherwise? (Guilty) How many Nigerians have had the courage to stand up to the police force whenever they are oppressed? (Me ke! For where! I no wan sleep for cell ooo) How many Nigerians will lay down their lives to defend their country? How many Nigerians even have the willpower to change? How many Nigerians will put the interests of the stranger standing next to them before theirs? How many Nigerians will not face one way in a traffic when they are late for work? ( I am very guilty of this one )

The questions can go on and on. If we cant find good answers to any of these questions, then how then can we fight and change what is ruining us? If a president comes to rule Nigeria and gives out all his salary to fight some cause in Nigeria and solid evidence proves that he did not steal, manipulate or misuse funds and he eventually leaves office without enriching himself, these same Nigerians you see on Nairaland today, who are forming most holy, will cause him and call him a fool because he had a chance to enrich himself and did not.

How many of us will not become oppressive monsters when they become wealthy or become bosses or CEO's in their various companies?

Very few if at all there is any. So what then are we saying.

I think what we need is a whole paradigm shift. Everybody including the babies need to be taught the principles of true leadership. We have to begin to imbibe the virtues of accountability, transparency, and fairness in all we do. Each and everyone of us can start at our own very small level. On an individual basis, that effort might be insignificant, but imagine if everybody did it. In no time at all, we would have a mighty army of people who are accountable in all things. And when you have that, our voice begins to have power because we then have a moral backing to demand the same from our leaders. If we are true to ourselves we will be able fight for what we know is right. No one will be so scared to speak up because we have the power of solidarity backing us up.

Thanks pal, you made my day. But I believe poor samplegirl was completely misunderstood. I believe what she was trying to say is that the problem with Nigeria is not all about who is the present President. Nigerian problem is about Nigerians where virtually every citizen is selfish and corrupt from within. Foot-soldiers rig election. How many of those people who lash SAMPLEGIRL will reject a 10,000 000 bribe to change election figures? Every corner I look I see NIGERIANS behaving like wild animal even in the house of worship but we are all righteous.
She did say that if we had got it right Goodluck wouldn't have got platform to emerge in the first place and I believe her. What did we do when those men were rigging elections? nothing . We were busy waiting to blame who ever emerges meanwhile we were instrumental to the whole mess.
Until we look ourselves in the mirror and tell ourselves the truth that we have a collective duty to make this country work, we maybe beating about the bush.. Tell me the Nigerian who will expose his kinsman for looting the treasury, none. Show me the Nigerian who will not DEEP his hands if opportunity comes, your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by obayaya(m): 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
Justcash: I have come across several Nigerians that have complained about the way that they are being discriminated against by foreigners. They seem not to understand the reasons for this discrimination. Over the years, I have observed that the main reason for this trend is the way we present and talk about our country to foreigners. I will outline some examples to justify my point.

1: BOKO HARAM: The rise of Boko haram from a mere group of boy scouts to a full blown terrorist organization is Infact aided by the support and free propaganda executed by Nigerians. Boko haram is mainly concentrated in a small area of Nigeria, and they have been able to fight persistently. The rise in their morale is a result of the support that Nigerians unknowingly give to them through telling unconfirmed stories about their exploits.
These stories are grabbed by the international media and announced, thereby making Nigeria to look like a terror ravaged country. The consequence of this is that foreign countries become more wary of Nigerians, and take extra effort to check Nigerians that are going into their countries. Unfortunately, it is the same people that spread these news that suffer most from this.

2: EBOLA: Nigeria was Ebola free before Patrick Sawyer arrived with it. Few people that took care of him got infected before he died, and the LSG in collaboration with the FG struggled and contained the disease. Nigerians blew Ebola out of proportion. Some Nigerians kept spreading rumors about Ebola findings in states that were free of it. As expected, the fictitious news about how fast Ebola was spreading in the country was grabbed by the international news media, and it created panic in foreign countries. With less than 10 deaths from Ebola, Nigerians have been quarantined most at the entry points into foreign countries. This happened in HongKong, Singapore, Malaysia, US, UK etc. Of recent Nigeria was kicked out of the youth Olympics. This is the product of the way Nigerians self-destruct themselves.

3: NIGERIAN MILITARY:The Nigerian army was respected and seen as one of the strongest in the world. This is an outcome of the years of conflict resolution at home and foreign countries. Of recent, the rise of Boko Haram has created a new challenge for the Nigerian army. Unlike in conventional warfare across borders, the enemies are within and can easily blend into the civilian population without being noticed. It is actually a difficult conflict especially as the military will have to avoid killing innocent citizens.
Nigerians seem to lack understanding of this difficulty, so they keep taunting the Nigerian military. They write all sorts of anti-military texts, build propaganda to show that the military is weak and expose more of Nigeria's weakness to the world. As a result, Nigeria is seen as being very weak. The most recent effort is increasingly trying to show that the Camerounian Military is stronger than that of Nigeria. WILL IT SURPRISE ANYBODY IF CAMEROUN BECOMES GUTSY ENOUGH TO INVADE NIGERIA? We are hyping their military because they are dealing with a foreign (Nigerian) terrorist group that has barely penetrated their country. If the table was turned, and BOKO HARAM members were Camerounians, do you think It would have been difficult for the Nigerian military to contain? Like the EBOLA SAGA has shown, it is easier to contain a foreign menace.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is seen as a weak nation now, and every small nation can afford to damn Nigerians now.

4: FOOTBALL AGE ISSUE: The issue of football age has become a big problem in soccer. However, the way Nigerians trumpet about the cases involving Nigerians makes it to look as if Nigerians are the biggest age cheats in soccer. As soon as a Nigerian age grade team wins a major tournament, Nigerians take to the social media and start tainting the image of the teams by making unverified statements about the true age of the members of the teams. Unfortunately, these allegations, though mostly unverified, are noted by the members of the international community, and it reduces the respect that the teams have brought for the nation.
Recently, the Nigerian Falconets got to the final of the World Cup. Even though they didn't win, Nigerians have done the usual by going online and raising worrisome accusations against the patriots. They do this without realizing that they are shooting themselves on their feet. If foreign clubs had plans to grab them, these false age accusations may hinder their moves or reduce their values. Tomorrow, if the siblings of these critics are refused visa to play in a foreign country, they will blame the green passport forgetting that they are indirectly responsible for their misfortunes.

Nigerians must be careful about the way they speak and expose Nigeria. Nigeria is for Nigerians. If you kill her, you are killing yourselves. I BELIEVE THAT THE IMAGE OF NIGERIA WILL IMPROVE WHEN NIGERIANS STOP WASHING THEIR DIRTY UNDIES IN PUBLIC.

May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

cc Guidette

This post was made for your likes tongue

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Guidette(f): 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
obayaya:

cc Guidette

This post was made for your likes tongue

rme
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by obayaya(m): 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Guidette:

rme

Keep rolling those eyes until your cornea disappears (Is that even possible?) cheesy tongue
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by profjendor(m): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigerians always live in denial.........we all talk abt revolution and change, as if its gonna fall from heaven. A typical Nigerian will always say may God help us wen in truth God has giving them the means to help theirselves from tym immemorial. Be the change u always shout abt.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by sarutobie(m): 6:09am On Sep 01, 2014
samplegirl:

No you got me wrong. Change will come if WE believe in it, if WE work it out, if WE stop blaming the other man, if WE believe that WE have our shortcomings individually and find ways to remedy it. Change will come the day WE start obeying the law not because WE are bieng watched but because the laws are there for us, for regulations. Other than that WE are simply making noise.

Have you entered public offices and see how corrupt the entire staff are? Must GEJ be present everywhere? How do we contribute our own quota to national development, by criticism and turning around to do worse things?

Nigerians are waiting for GEJ to tell them to stop giving bribe, littering the streets, driving against the traffic, paying for power consumed.

My question is ''where can we say that we are good but the government has failed?'' People demand and collect bags of rice and other inducement in other to vote and when the rice giver abandons you once in office you start to complain.

Let us grow up. The purge should be from inside.
this post here, this post right here sums it all up..they collect bags of rice from a political businessman and expect him not to recuperate and get his monies worth? The money meant for building good roads for you has been mortgaged on a plate of rice you phools! The other day some hooligans destroyed a railway facility, these same hooligans will turn around and blame the government for not providing good roads? The money for roads have been used to repair the railway facilities you vandalised you phools! Or you think resources are unlimited? A person gets infected by a hardcore disease and runs to his doctor, the doctor who is supposed to know better (but out of greed) hides the patient, mismanages the situation and ends up endangering others and you expect me to blame some dude in a far away estate in abuja for the greedy unprofessional actions of a doctor? Am sorry I hold no man responsible for MY actions.some dudes save up money enough to start some small business here in nigeria(but that wont give him the kind of mansions and fleet of cars he dreams about ) so what does he do? He goes over to another man's land to do drugs and crime and smearing the hardworking nigerians over there and here.And when he is caught he says a dude somewhere in an estate in abuja didn't provide enough jobs and that justifies crime? The irony is, if he gets lucky and "successful" in his life of crime, gets back home, nobody cares to know how he really made the money. Before long he starts giving out bags of rice for a political office and the cycle continues. WE the citizens encourage corruption, irresponsibility, crime. Saying its just some dude in an estate in abuja is a halfbaked lie I will never buy.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by samplegirl(f): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
sarutobie:
this post here, this post right here sums it all up..they collect bags of rice from a political businessman and expect him not to recuperate and get his monies worth? The money meant for building good roads for you has been mortgaged on a plate of rice you phools! The other day some hooligans destroyed a railway facility, these same hooligans will turn around and blame the government for not providing good roads? The money for roads have been used to repair the railway facilities you vandalised you phools! Or you think resources are unlimited? A person gets infected by a hardcore disease and runs to his doctor, the doctor who is supposed to know better (but out of greed) hides the patient, mismanages the situation and ends up endangering others and you expect me to blame some dude in a far away estate in abuja for the greedy unprofessional actions of a doctor? Am sorry I hold no man responsible for MY actions.some dudes save up money enough to start some small business here in nigeria(but that wont give him the kind of mansions and fleet of cars he dreams about ) so what does he do? He goes over to another man's land to do drugs and crime and smearing the hardworking nigerians over there and here.And when he is caught he says a dude somewhere in an estate in abuja didn't provide enough jobs and that justifies crime? The irony is, if he gets lucky and "successful" in his life of crime, gets back home, nobody cares to know how he really made the money. Before long he starts giving out bags of rice for a political office and the cycle continues. WE the citizens encourage corruption, irresponsibility, crime. Saying its just some dude in an estate in abuja is a halfbaked lie I will never buy.

Thanks big brother, it gladdens my heart to see that there are people around who still reason like normal human being.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 4:38am On Sep 07, 2014
nothingbutruth:

Thanks pal, you made my day. But I believe poor samplegirl was completely misunderstood. I believe what she was trying to say is that the problem with Nigeria is not all about who is the present President. Nigerian problem is about Nigerians where virtually every citizen is selfish and corrupt from within. Foot-soldiers rig election. How many of those people who lash SAMPLEGIRL will reject a 10,000 000 bribe to change election figures? Every corner I look I see NIGERIANS behaving like wild animal even in the house of worship but we are all righteous.
She did say that if we had got it right Goodluck wouldn't have got platform to emerge in the first place and I believe her. What did we do when those men were rigging elections? nothing . We were busy waiting to blame who ever emerges meanwhile we were instrumental to the whole mess.
Until we look ourselves in the mirror and tell ourselves the truth that we have a collective duty to make this country work, we maybe beating about the bush.. Tell me the Nigerian who will expose his kinsman for looting the treasury, none. Show me the Nigerian who will not DEEP his hands if opportunity comes, your guess is as good as mine.

And you are paid to tell us what she is trying to say, tell me you are her brain, fvctards of the same feather, she wants to blame 1960 to excuse a sleeping Jonathan, you really want to reason along such flaccid misconception that is only valid in the minds of a squirrel.
I pity who saw you guys through school, except most of you suffered brain damage afterwards
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by sultaan(m): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2014
In business there is a section called customer service, it the feedback from clients is bad the company has to do something to change it or lose business.
A cell phone company had a lot of customers complain about service they even decided to cut some people off then suddenly they lost a million customers and kept losing customers for years they had to fire the CEO

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-posts-q2-loss-of-1-6b-as-2m-subscribers-drop-off/

I we insist here that a high percentage of Nigerians have a negative opinion of the nation, who has a better opinion of the nation than those nationals.

Now if you insist these people are those not within the country then it can be concluded that they have seen the light in their new environment .

If you live on Lagos Island it a beautiful place , but if you are from Ibadan you think it stinks the fact is it stinks but those on the island are used to the stench and don't know anything else

I like you all to watch the attached youtube video and see if we still have the the spirit in us to do the right thing even when there is no immediate reward for our deed. Even when the reward is right there do we see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=632CHpeHYZE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bode George Takes Himself Too Seriously - Tinubu / Yahaya Bello Knocks PDP Over Gunmen Invasion At Primary / Onofiok Luke: Ibom Seaport Will Resolve The Gridlock Challenges On Apapa Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.