Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:23 PM

The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria (16057 Views)

Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) / Cnn Breaking News: Nigeria's Story Placed As Number 1 Headline News.(bad Image) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by estherdennis(f): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Manty:
U are a dumb fellow, u qoted all d story just to write dis rubbish. How is it GEJs fault, people like u are those d writter was refering to cos u lack common sense
don't mind the fool,they will never for once keep their political interest aside and reason well for once.everything is politics .pls if u don't like dis country go to Togo or cotonue or any of dis neighbouring countries and leave us in peace.my father land go better.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by ccollins(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Justcash: I have come across several Nigerians that have complained about the way that they are being discriminated against by foreigners. They seem not to understand the reasons for this discrimination. Over the years, I have observed that the main reason for this trend is the way we present and talk about our country to foreigners. I will outline some examples to justify my point.

1: BOKO HARAM: The rise of Boko haram from a mere group of boy scouts to a full blown terrorist organization is Infact aided by the support and free propaganda executed by Nigerians. Boko haram is mainly concentrated in a small area of Nigeria, and they have been able to fight persistently. The rise in their morale is a result of the support that Nigerians unknowingly give to them through telling unconfirmed stories about their exploits.
These stories are grabbed by the international media and announced, thereby making Nigeria to look like a terror ravaged country. The consequence of this is that foreign countries become more wary of Nigerians, and take extra effort to check Nigerians that are going into their countries. Unfortunately, it is the same people that spread these news that suffer most from this.

2: EBOLA: Nigeria was Ebola free before Patrick Sawyer arrived with it. Few people that took care of him got infected before he died, and the LSG in collaboration with the FG struggled and contained the disease. Nigerians blew Ebola out of proportion. Some Nigerians kept spreading rumors about Ebola findings in states that were free of it. As expected, the fictitious news about how fast Ebola was spreading in the country was grabbed by the international news media, and it created panic in foreign countries. With less than 10 deaths from Ebola, Nigerians have been quarantined most at the entry points into foreign countries. This happened in HongKong, Singapore, Malaysia, US, UK etc. Of recent Nigeria was kicked out of the youth Olympics. This is the product of the way Nigerians self-destruct themselves.

3: NIGERIAN MILITARY:The Nigerian army was respected and seen as one of the strongest in the world. This is an outcome of the years of conflict resolution at home and foreign countries. Of recent, the rise of Boko Haram has created a new challenge for the Nigerian army. Unlike in conventional warfare across borders, the enemies are within and can easily blend into the civilian population without being noticed. It is actually a difficult conflict especially as the military will have to avoid killing innocent citizens.
Nigerians seem to lack understanding of this difficulty, so they keep taunting the Nigerian military. They write all sorts of anti-military texts, build propaganda to show that the military is weak and expose more of Nigeria's weakness to the world. As a result, Nigeria is seen as being very weak. The most recent effort is increasingly trying to show that the Camerounian Military is stronger than that of Nigeria. WILL IT SURPRISE ANYBODY IF CAMEROUN BECOMES GUTSY ENOUGH TO INVADE NIGERIA? We are hyping their military because they are dealing with a foreign (Nigerian) terrorist group that has barely penetrated their country. If the table was turned, and BOKO HARAM members were Camerounians, do you think It would have been difficult for the Nigerian military to contain? Like the EBOLA SAGA has shown, it is easier to contain a foreign menace.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is seen as a weak nation now, and every small nation can afford to damn Nigerians now.

4: FOOTBALL AGE ISSUE: The issue of football age has become a big problem in soccer. However, the way Nigerians trumpet about the cases involving Nigerians makes it to look as if Nigerians are the biggest age cheats in soccer. As soon as a Nigerian age grade team wins a major tournament, Nigerians take to the social media and start tainting the image of the teams by making unverified statements about the true age of the members of the teams. Unfortunately, these allegations, though mostly unverified, are noted by the members of the international community, and it reduces the respect that the teams have brought for the nation.
Recently, the Nigerian Falconets got to the final of the World Cup. Even though they didn't win, Nigerians have done the usual by going online and raising worrisome accusations against the patriots. They do this without realizing that they are shooting themselves on their feet. If foreign clubs had plans to grab them, these false age accusations may hinder their moves or reduce their values. Tomorrow, if the siblings of these critics are refused visa to play in a foreign country, they will blame the green passport forgetting that they are indirectly responsible for their misfortunes.

Nigerians must be careful about the way they speak and expose Nigeria. Nigeria is for Nigerians. If you kill her, you are killing yourselves. I BELIEVE THAT THE IMAGE OF NIGERIA WILL IMPROVE WHEN NIGERIANS STOP WASHING THEIR DIRTY UNDIES IN PUBLIC.

May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
. What is good about the country. A country where leaders don't care about its citizens

2 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by eunisam: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
gatiano: what is black?
black means maximum darkness.i hope u r not going to ask d meaning of dark
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by AODT(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
ModusOperandi: So Nigeria was perfect before GEJ right? Sorry, but you're not making any sense.

Why must we blame GEJ and the Federal Government for every little problem. Not every problem in this country is as a result of bad leadership, we Nigerians should also work on ourselves

Am sure like many other Nigerian, you are yet to come to the fact that when you decide to go for office (political or appointment), you are ultimately saying you will fix the problems on ground not to come and mourn say "the problems were there before I came to power"

6 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by eunisam: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
ccollins: . What is good about the country. A country where leaders don't care about its citizens
do u care for ur fellow citizen? do you care about the leaders? who do u care4? what impact have u made for d development of nigera? do u have voter's card let alone voting??
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by bakandow11: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
please is dangote richer than the nation?
coz if he could afford a refinery (moveable refinery) and the nation could not afford to make its own fully functional.
Bad image or bitter truth lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by nike4love: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
What can you do or say in a country where an American or European can arrest you a first class citizen 4 nothings sake??
Op u re not on point this con3 is a disgrace to whole black nations.

3 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by samplegirl(f): 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Allohrandy: Nigerian image was destroyed by GEJ and his pdp members. our army which used to be the strongest in Africa are now bunch of lazy girls who run from boko haram due to bad leadership. we need a strong leader in Nigeria

There are so many type of sickness, yours is unique. Every man suffering from one type of STD after a visit to a brothel, every woman who has not concieved after six months of marriage, every child who failed exam after wacthing cartoon instesd of reading his books even the harlorts in the brothel or on the street have GEJ to blame. Every man who has turned his wife to a punching bag is blaming GEJ for his actions. Please let us blame GEJ for every of our problem. Let us believe that the moment GEJ dies we will start to live in heaven on earth. In short the only thing that is preventing this country to attain PERFECTION is because GEJ is still around.

The bad roads, epilepic power supply, armed-robbery, pen-robbery, juvenile delinquency,vandalisation fornication even promiscuity were never known to us untill GEJ came around.

We were living in paradise untill......... Let us blame him for every thing even our soured soup.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by samplegirl(f): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
oduastates: In my opinion ,that logic is twisted .
In order words ,we should all be singing kunbaya .
Next time you meet a foreigner(even better when it is abroad),press them about their Nigerian experience.if you press them enough ,they will tell you about Nigeria and Nigerians. Most of what they will tell you are things,even Nigerians themselves,are too blind to see.An expatriate wrote about his Nigerian experience last year.it was posted on nairaland .he made many observations which most Nigerians hardly notice.he mentioned the fact that unions in Nigeria are basically criminal gangs who care not about the society they were suppose to serve.A gang master is at the head of the socalled union ,he collects dues and is unanswerable to no one on how he spend union money or conducts union activities.Dues are forcefully collected whether you want to associate or not.
He mentioned the fact that NUPENG members are paid too much when compared to the work they do.most especially when international standards are used.
I travelled to a remote continental EU country where the immigration officer who stamped my passport ,was specifically sent to Nigeria to live amongst Nigerians.he engaged me in a conversation but I cannot fail to notice that despite his jovial mien,the guy was actually sizing me up.
I was the only person on the non- EU line .
I will not bother to tell you the details of his opinion but it goes along the lines of Nigerians being a bunch of loud and criminal fools.the leaders are criminals and the followers are fools.you wake up in the morning to see lawbreaking considered as being normal.
You could tell that he actually felt a pity for the people of the country but his main point of frustration were Nigerian leaders.
The guy speaks passable youruba and Hausa but only stayed a few months in the SE /SShe was in Nigeria for 5 yrs learning our ways.
Lastly,the type of people who come to Nigeria do read books.They are also very sensitive and they see things .
They go back home and tell stuffs.
Nigeria herself is the worst advert for the country.
Starting from Abuja .

Unfortunately many Nigerians will not believe you. Remember the ''pension thief''? If you ask him he will tell you that the only problem in Nigeria is GEJ.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Babalegba(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
@ op , so you want Nigerians to be inveterate liars abi, calling yellow green and green yellow. Can any amount of badmouthing alter the fact that China is rising. The reality matters more than propaganda. You are an enemy of Nigeria for encouraging us to lie our way to favour in the world. Such kind of facade will not last and will only make the world be more wary of us. Soldiers of corrupt governments do not fight well, read about Italian army campaigns in world war two to understand this. Nigerian soldiers fought well for sierra Leone and Liberia but are not doing so for their country because of corruptio. Boko haran prospers because of corruption and ebola will be better tackled in a less corrupt state. Stop glossing over things, change your orientation, love Nigeria and fight corruption. Stop misleading people. There is no easy way out.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
dabossman:

Not ALL, but MOST.

The level of moral decadence in this country is alarming, trust me. Indiscipline is the order of the day. Things as simple as obeying traffic laws, respecting the rights of others, doing what is logically and morally right are no longer taken seriously. What should be an oddity is now the norm. That is a big problem bro.

AjanleKoko:

Most of us are. Very few are not. Unless you want to be deceitful.
Though of course if you're swimming in shyt, and so is everyone else, you tend to think it's all normal after a while.

Let me again ask, in a situation where there is chaos and there is no law and order, what exactly do you suggest we do? When I ask, I dont mean all those long and boring stereotypes like we need to start electing good leaders and all the BS everybody keeps screaming out. You and I know that is a tall order and won't happen very soon. Truth be told, if law and order collapses even in the advanced countries many Nigerians keep modelling after, a worse chaos will happen. The recent protests of the killing of the teenager recently in the US is a vivid example. People actually highjacked the protests and turned it to a full scale riot and went looting and pillaging.

So, what practical suggestion do you have that will at least steer us in the right direction? At least to establish some form of law and order that is ENFORCED and at the same time not oppressive.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by atlwireles: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
iamord:

Nigeria has had a battered image even b4 babagindas regime.. So what are u. Saying? The leaders where once common men like you. So the problem is not only from them but the citizenry as a whole ,

You have to forgive the kids here.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by gatiano(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
maximum darkness is where you came out from, that maximum darkness nurtured you for a maximum 9 months before you came forth to light. the life germ (sperms) was shoot straight into that maximum darkness which means black, the planet was made out of maximum darkness (black). are you not/won't you appreciate the essence of this maximum darkness(black), and learn how to use that ever magnificent word with maximum care. won't you? BLACK IS LIFE.
eunisam: black means maximum darkness.i hope u r not going to ask d meaning of dark
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Blockus: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
ccollins: . What is good about the country. A country where leaders don't care about its citizens

Guy!! We are all responsible for the destruction of this country...

EVERYONE IS TO BLAME..

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by gatiano(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
I have also met with different people across diverse race, when you ask them about 9ja, or when they say anything abt 9ja, it is always about corruption, poverty,fraud, drugs and ...., but when you press him hard, ask him questions and begin to question their countries or race, then suddenly, the truth bursts out. it is not about nigeria,ghana,kenya,fiji, bahamas. it is simply you are black! there is no black in this world that has no "afro" attached to it nationality. like afro-brazilian, afro-colombian, afro-russian etc. and when it is found that one black man is lighter than the next blackman, then another divide is made thus, mezitoes, the brazilian mullatoes, etc. what i am saying is they don't see nigeria as anything, rather we are all seen as black. and our solution to this is to unite! black people across the planet should come as one, then and only can we work to perfect. Which is more deadly?: weapon of mass destruction or weapon of mass/afro deception? weapon of mass deception is 100 times more deadly than the destruction(which is just a cleaner in the sense).
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by olaeffect(m): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
lilprinze: we are also responsible but the foreign media to have also contributed alot to. Propaganda, the truth is that the White's mostly the British just hate the blacks they are racist so they would always look for things
that would make us look like terrible
and bad people and display it to the whole world to see. They never say anything good about Nigeria or African.

I do agree with you in this context.
CNN did a documentary some years past on the dilapidated state of driving schools in Nigeria, my god I felt like suing CNN I have never seen such a dilapidated Volkswagen car that was used in that documentary in my life on any street of Nigeria I have passed on. And they claimed in that report like that was the standard kind of vehicle for learning how to drive in Nigeria.

But look at it this way. A new way of slavery and colonisation; make Nigeria/Africa look poor and hungry, give them aid, grants and foreign loans, get their corrupt leaders to steal this funds and lodge them back into the foreign countries that gave the loan in the 1st place. While Nigeria/Africa continue to pay the debt, and another propaganda is done again on the sorry state of Nigeria/Africa is done again.
It is just a sure way of getting us enslaved. Ask yourself; why is it that no African leader is ever termed or accused as being corrupt until almost all his/her money is abroad. What where they looking at when in funds where coming in? and they are the ones giving us guides on money laundry.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Allohrandy(m): 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
samplegirl:

There are so many type of sickness, yours is unique. Every man suffering from one type of STD after a visit to a brothel, every woman who has not concieved after six months of marriage, every child who failed exam after wacthing cartoon instesd of reading his books even the harlorts in the brothel or on the street have GEJ to blame. Every man who has turned his wife to a punching bag is blaming GEJ for his actions. Please let us blame GEJ for every of our problem. Let us believe that the moment GEJ dies we will start to live in heaven on earth. In short the only thing that is preventing this country to attain PERFECTION is because GEJ is still around.

The bad roads, epilepic power supply, armed-robbery, pen-robbery, juvenile delinquency,vandalisation fornication even promiscuity were never known to us untill GEJ came around.

We were living in paradise untill......... Let us blame him for every thing even our soured soup.
do you know what is wrong with Nigerians like you? We don't hold our leaders accountable. This is the reason our country is in a mess up state. I am privilege to live in a western country and I see how their goverment treat their citizens with respect. when GEJ was running for office he promised to reduce crime, protect the life and property of every Nigerian, improve the standard of living in Nigeria. I would have to blame him if he fails to deliver on the promises he made to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Kweenliz007(f): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
authority2006: Nigerians are among the hard working people on this planet, suffering and smiling set of people. How can you you say Nigerians want government to provide everything for them when in reality, Nigeria government has never provided anything for her citizens.
I was actually referring to pple like u change of mentality is needed in ds country first(very necessary)
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by ogbronx(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
oduastates:
Thank you jare
Shadows instead of substance .
Fantasy instead of the apparent evidence.
Propaganda instead of governing.
The country has more presidential jets than attack helicopters .
Had more ambulances parked in aso-rock than in federal hospitals.
Spends more on equipping a hospital in the villa than hospitals for millions of citizens.
I can go on and on .

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
The funny thing about the whole scenerio is that they now abuse the use of this Forum by using it to propagate HATE and TRIBALISM. We have to change, support our govt and support our country. We are the government, lets portray ourselves in good light.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by joelenesleek(f): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Allohrandy: you are crazy. na your papa dey mumu himself for public.
Am not a loose talker like you, I'll rather dedicate my time on Candy crush saga.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by lilprinze: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
olaeffect:

CNN did a documentary some years past on the dilapidated state of driving schools in Nigeria, my god I felt like suing CNN I have never seen such a dilapidated Volkswagen car that was used in that documentary in my life on any street of Nigeria I have passed on. And they claimed in that report like that was the standard kind of vehicle for learning how to drive in Nigeria.

But look at it this way. A new way of slavery and colonisation; make Nigeria/Africa look poor and hungry, give them aid, grants and foreign loans, get their corrupt leaders to steal this funds and lodge them back into the foreign countries that gave does loans in the 1st place. While Nigeria/Africa continue to pay the debt, and another propaganda is done again on the sorry state of Nigeria/Africa is done again.
It is just a sure way of getting us enslaved. Ask yourself; why is it that no African leader is ever termed or accused as being corrupt until almost all his/her money is abroad. What where they looking at when in funds where coming in? and they are the ones giving us guides on money laundry.
I noticed that when any foreign media Is talking about Africa they would always show the terrible part of Nigeria or any African country but they would always show us the beautiful part of their country and leave the terrible part of their own country and they would be behaving like they are perfect. Am sure their is no country with out corrupt leaders, countries like Mexico have alot of corrupt leaders yet they won't talk about them instead they prefer to ridicule us publicly .
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by NeuroBoss(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nigeria? I'm a Yoruba man!
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by komekn(m): 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
There are actions and behaviours that are clearly reprehensible, repugnant, odious and an aberration to human sensibilities but through their continuous non-stop assault on the psyche of the Nigerian some of us have come to accept them as NORMAL, RIGHT and we now have such low expectation of our elected public officers.

It can be likened to Isreal in Egypt after 400 years of slavery they accepted it as normal even beneficial and did not want to be redeemed. In the same way the North and Ahmedo Bello rejected the notion for independence raised in the then national assembly by Tony Enahoro in 1953, and who were content to remain British subjects. Similarly a woman who has had abusive perverse relationships quite often rejects upstanding caring suitors as they are unattractive to her abused psyche and low self esteem. This why confirmed, proven and established corrupted murderous thieves will still win ELECTION in Nigeria, we even distribute rice to voters, Like Esau, selling our birthright for a bowl of porridge

The average Nigerian is so accommodating and amiable of corruption and its bed fellows namely nepotism , mediocrity, incompetence and sycophancy. When government repairs a road that has been left to rot for ten years I we think Wow ;Dor if Power Holding gives us uninterrupted power supply for 3 days we think it’s Christmas, etc , etc.

Four points were raised by the instituter of this topic;

I. Boko Haram.
I live and work mainly in the West and I had a team of Caucasian Engineering consultants/ contractors leave the North West England and had only praise for Abuja and were not bothered by Boko, the idea that the west perceives Nigeria as terror ravaged is just NOT TRUE.

II. Ebola – Nigeria response to Ebola has been praised as exemplary and highly professional across the main stream western media and African media once again your prognosis is wrong.

III. Nigerian Military- As we say action speaks, a picture or a video tells the story of a thousand words, the Armed forces is plagued with incompetent leadership politicised, lacks infrastructural capacity, communications, and fit for purpose weaponry. The result is comprehensive failure across the board. However, in management this is good from failure we can plot WHOLE SCALE SUCCESS. These issues are well documented check my posts and others like the commendable SiruisBlack silenced by the COAS. The C-in-C, COAS and the armed forces have been brought into complete ridicule by their outcome's delivery on the battlefield, which are all now well documented in the media.

IV. Football Age issue- This is problem that besets nearly every area of life in Nigeria , indeed I know guys unknowingly married girls older than themselves. We see police, army, navy officers claiming to be 40 when they are close to 60. It’s only more pronounced in football because you’re in the public eye. Look at Chukwudi , Omeruah 2009 u17 Eaglets Omeruah since the age of 15 in 2009 has not grown but remained essentially the same physically, Nuff said.

I find the proposition’s that Just cash present to be perverse and nonsensical.

What you are essentially suggesting is that we should look the other way when there has been an act of corruption, wrong doing, incompetence, and comprehensive administrative failure. That is to turn white to black, wrong to right and bad to good. Because we want to present the nation in the right light, what light? Deceptive lying light, so instead LETS MURDER THE TRUTH, have you not heard or read the good book, The truth shall set you Free. That’s why we are in this DEPLORABLE SITUATION indeed on nairaland there are now so many clearly paid political cheer leaders since June 2014, talking utter poo on this forum that was so highly respected and considered.

2 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by atlwireles: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nigeria does not have a bad image, NIGERIANS DO.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Babare(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
authority2006: So basically, all atrocities by the Nigeria Army and corruption by the ruling elites should be buried by the concerned and worried citizens in order not tarnish the good image of Nigeria? One day, your entire family will be wiped out by Nigeria Army just like what happened in Baga or what happened in Channel 4 video and the rubbish you are posting here will come back to haunt you. How can a sane person be advocating press gag, saying people shouldn't report extreme human rights abuses, atrocities committed on a large scale? In your confused little mind, you think this is the meaning of patriotism? You are not sane man.

Even if you want to make a point, must you include his entire family or say such bad wishes about them.

I think this platform is about dialogue; hence, if you cant constructively present your case, then don't post anything. Only dumb heads abuse/insult other people in such forum. But you have done worst... Wishing his entire family death...

I sincerely think you should learn how to think/talk and write. Also, you need to get a life. I mean a good life.

#No offence is meany, just correct yourself and move on.# After all, we learn everyday. grin grin
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
lilprinze: I noticed that when any foreign media Is talking about Africa they would always show the terrible part of Nigeria or any African country but they would always show us the beautiful part of their country and leave the terrible part of their own country and they would be behaving like they are perfect. Am sure their is no country with out corrupt leaders, countries like Mexico have alot of corrupt leaders yet they won't talk about them instead they prefer to ridicule us publicly .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pure bunkum.

You don't really watch foreign TV. They show you the bad parts of their cities as well.(You should watch channels like AlJazzera).

As for Mexico....that country's police is routinely criticized in the Western media in terms that make the Nigerian Police look good by comparison.(In some parts of Mexico....the police is in the pockets of the drug dealers.).

Want to know why Nigerian cities are bad?

1.Because most Nigerians will not pay the taxes the municpality needs to make the city nice. In the UK....everyone in cities like Liverpool or Northampton pays council tax...which goes into things like funding for keeping the city clean. In Nigeria....how many of you people pay council tax? At the rate a UK citizen pays? Of course your cities have no facilties to keep the place clean.

Right now...only Abuja has a weekly refuse collection service. How about your town?

2.When we build houses in Nigeria....you Nigerians build them anyhow.And when people like El-Rufai try to clean up the masterplan....you call them anti-people. In foreign countries.....you cannot just wake up and build a house anyhow....you must get approval from planning authorities. (Nigeria...you just bribe them). And you must use standard building materials!

3.You Nigerians vandalize city property. Someone put up street light...and you Nigerians steal the wire. Someone paints a building...and you Nigerians mess it up with posters announcing the Man of God or the man of Mammon. Whereas in Europe....you vandalize city property....trobule dey for your side!

4.If you encroach on railway lines in the UK...na 1000 POUNDS fine you go pay. In Nigeria.....

5.You Nigerians know nothing about maintenace culture. You build glass building...and forget to clean it regularly!

6.You Nigerians refuse to maintain your roads....or reduce pressure on the roads by investing in public transport.

So....until you people change ...our cities will continue to look ugly on television. Una don hear?

3 Likes

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by ndcide(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
can all those against the Op, open a topic on this forum telling us how bad their life is and being honest about it? the answer is NO. unless they will obviously blame the government or someone else.

since you can't honestly speak bad about yourself why do it to your country.

I know that through the mouth of fools a kingdom is destroyed.

it takes one who sees the big picture to agree with the @Op.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by komekn(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Pure bunkum.

You don't really watch foreign TV. They show you the bad parts of their cities as well.(You should watch channels like AlJazzera).

As for Mexico....that country's police is routinely criticized in the Western media in terms that make the Nigerian Police look good by comparison.(In some parts of Mexico....the police is in the pockets of the drug dealers.).

1.Because most Nigerians will not pay the taxes the municpality needs to make the city nice. In the UK....everyone in cities like Liverpool or Northampton pays council tax...which goes into things like funding for keeping the city clean. In Nigeria....how many of you people pay council tax? At the rate a UK citizen pays? Of course your cities have no facilties to keep the place clean.

Right now...only Abuja has a weekly refuse collection service. How about your town?

2.When we build houses in Nigeria....you Nigerians build them anyhow.And when people like El-Rufai try to clean up the masterplan....you call them anti-people. In foreign countries.....you cannot just wake up and build a house anyhow....you must get approval from planning authorities. (Nigeria...you just bribe them). And you must use standard building materials!

3.You Nigerians vandalize city property. Someone put up street light...and you Nigerians steal the wire. Someone paints a building...and you Nigerians mess it up with posters announcing the Man of God or the man of Mammon. Whereas in Europe....you vandalize city property....trobule dey for your side!

4.If you encroach on railway lines in the UK...na 1000 POUNDS fine you go pay. In Nigeria.....

5.You Nigerians know nothing about maintenace culture. You build glass building...and forget to clean it regularly!

6.You Nigerians refuse to maintain your roads....or reduce pressure on the roads by investing in public transport.

So....until you people change ...our cities will continue to look ugly on television. Una don hear?

TRUE WORD

You know we also have the Nigerian problem, we Nigerians we sometimes behave so badly like using an overhead bridge as a toilet etc

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
olaeffect:

Abeg....many of these driving schools do use old cars....I have seen them myself in Abuja here.

[b]But look at it this way. A new way of slavery and colonisation; make Nigeria/Africa look poor and hungry, give them aid, grants and foreign loans, get their corrupt leaders to steal this funds and lodge them back into the foreign countries that gave does loans in the 1st place. [/b]While Nigeria/Africa continue to pay the debt, and another propaganda is done again on the sorry state of Nigeria/Africa is done again.

Stop right there....who told them to steal the loans?

Go and read how countries like South Korea and even Indonesia went from zero to super economies. Indonesia in particluar had leaders who looted......but unlike African leaders,they invested the loot back home.( AND the Europeans ''despise'' the same Asians just as much as they despise Africans).

Or look at what Sir Khama...Botswana's leader did for his country when he was in power....invested in Education.

Stop excusing theivery. WE have to learn that being a leader is not an excuse to STEAL.

Q: Why do African leaders steal?

A: Because we just watch them do it...and scramble for any crumbs from their table.

1 Like

Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
komekn:

TRUE WORD

You know we also have the Nigerian problem, we Nigerians we sometimes behave so badly like using an overhead bridge as a toilet etc

Very true.

If you urinate in public abroad....they will take you to court and fine you(That is what one premier league player found out when he urinated in public in the UK....he was drunk BTW smiley).

But in Nigeria.....

The thing is if we want nice cities .....we have to work for them. People as well as Government.
Re: The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria by lilprinze: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Pure bunkum.

hmm your have a very good point until we change our cities would continue to look ugly on television

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loanrequest For Arms / REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari / Hijirah: Osun Governor Oyetola Declares Public Holiday To Mark New Islamic Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.