Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt (34757 Views)

First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by slap1(m): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2014
I have to leave Aba, I think...
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Ayomax(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2014
legendsilver:
I swear, but sebi dem be say na only one person remain? Now na port harcourt again,
Please bring back #1.9b and spend it for the purpose its made for. We don't need cars but Ebola cure
my oga @ the top. dem don use the N1.9 B buy cars n other stuff

4 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by wills(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2014
"Take Precaution:Port Harcourt and Rivers State Residents and Visitors

Ebola 2 confirmed cases in PHC"- minister of health :

Ebola is transmitted mainly by contact with an infected person bodily fluids :

Due to the evasive manner through which this virus spread into port harcourt please, exercise extreme caution when making contacts with people and visiting public gathering - the clear picture of possible contacts made or places visited by the victims in port harcourt is still sketchy.

Avoid panic,but take precautions,cultivate healthy habits and wash your hands regularly - especially when returning from outdoors - save yourself, ensure your loved ones save themselves also - by doing this you all stay safe

-In the interim curtail all unnecessary,visits, outing or gathering : please share this with PHC residents : Having the right information = 100% prevention

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by nora544: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2014
toseen29: Ridiculous! just as we were celebrating that's its been curtail in lagos then this news. A learned diplomat that should know better decided to infilterate his wickedness on an innocent doctor just like his counterpart Patrick. if these learned people can behave like this am afraid what the repercussion will be if the disease find its way to the rural populace. God save us all.

this diplomat is not the only one, I hear from a pastors who told his pastors all of his followers who make the 100 days fasting this year will not get Ebola, and that was before a professor at an University in Nigeria.

The other one told his followers there was a man in south africa who could heal Ebola but this man died 1935 in America and was only for 5 years in south africa and Ebola was first known 1976 he is also a educated man!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Godwin978(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.
which part of nigeria are u from dat u dont know were porthacourt is? go back to primary 1 and start learning STATE AND CAPITAL
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Sunkyphil(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2014
dis ebola has refused to leave us alone damn! sad
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by charijee(f): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Eh eh, start boilin salty water & bitta kola oo! grin
so you hate me like this
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2014
thwarrior72: Imo & Abia state should as a matter of urgency establish isolation centres, incase of a spill over....please

Absolutely brilliant observation. Border temperature checks if necessary. . . Not discrimination, just precautionary steps.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by IdomaLikita: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2014
Thanks to One Diplomat's Wickedness and a Foolish Doctor's Greed!
I hope the President Swallows his Words(calling Patrick Sawyer a Madman)

Truth is: The typical Nigerian isn't the kinda person who would wanna die alone(since the media has done the perfect job of proclaiming EVD a Death Sentence)!

ONCE AGAIN: The Minister lied by saying all Primary Contacts with Sawyer were under Surveillance!

5 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by spotmataz: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2014
chimajii:

The word INFORMATION doesn't go with an 'S'
It's already in its plural form
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sunny4life(m): 11:46am On Aug 28, 2014
And som pastors ar using this epidemic for selfish interest.....smh

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by biomedixexcel(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
Not again!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2014
IdomaLikita: Thanks to One Diplomat's Wickedness and a Foolish Doctor's Greed!
I hope the President Swallows his Words(calling Patrick Sawyer a Madman)

Truth is: The typical Nigerian isn't the kinda person who would wanna die alone(since the media has done the perfect job of proclaiming EVD a Death Sentence)!

ONCE AGAIN: The Minister lied by saying all Primary Contacts with Sawyer were under Surveillance!
Incompetence. . . See what's it breeds?

4 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by abdulaz: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Nigerians are not making it easier to contain this deadly virus. One big problem is that we are too mobile. Just some days back the health minister said nigeria is ebola free at the moment and that counterpert funds shall be used to procure vehicles, vehicles to do what? The ineptitude of this minister is highly overwhelming.

4 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sunny4life(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
sunny4life: And som pastors ar using this epidemic for selfish interest.....smh
The Lagos state government should take note of this and arrest any pst using this handbills to spread the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Emekamex(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
phreakabit:

Absolutely brilliant observation. Border temperature checks if necessary. . . Not discrimination, just precautionary steps.
sorry to say but we don't have interstate borders in Nigeria. Na for bus you wan make dem do temperature check. As I said in an earlier thread, rivers state don't have the capability to contain the virus at the moment.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by chimajii: 11:53am On Aug 28, 2014
spotmataz: grin that is a comic relief from rose 111.

Nnn..mah hear, he or she made a mistake and got corrected, there was nothing comicky of a relief I found in her post or his post.
Pls stay on the topic of discussion cheesy
Actually she had two blunders there, I just picked one.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Phame: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
hotmolo: Yes. And this was caused by a doctor who sneaked out of an isolation center. What's it wit people and running off isolation centers?
i heard d doctor is alive. He should be shot on d head!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by duncan511: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
ALL IS WELL, GOD HELP OUR NATION NIGERIA
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
Really Bad !

angry angry
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by nora544: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2014

It is not the only one of this Pastors!

That is also a big problem, i have one from an other church!
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by phreakabit(m): 11:56am On Aug 28, 2014
Emekamex: sorry to say but we don't have interstate borders in Nigeria. Na for bus you wan make dem do temperature check. As I said in an earlier thread, rivers state don't have the capability to contain the virus at the moment.

There are geographical borders we just choose to ignore them welcoming and farewell signboards are landmarks also.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sartorius(m): 11:57am On Aug 28, 2014
Abuja watch out, I see.precedence
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Phame: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2014
ayusco85: oh Patrick Sawyer, see what u ve caused. well where ever u are, i hope u are suffering just the way u make 160million nigerians suffer because of this ebola virus. who even send u come nigeria?
sawyer was a bastard! He wont find peace in his grave.
@d topic. Who ar those baggers that 'liked' the the topic? What is there to 'like' abt dis news? Sms!

1 Like

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by duncan511: 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
I AM PLANING TO COME TO NIGERIA BUT NOW I WILL DELAY MY COMING NOW
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by chimajii: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Phame: i heard d doctor is alive. He should be shot on d head!

Where in jennifers name did u get that from? Did u even bother to read the text properly? This is how wrong info spreads.
Pls, this is not the time for 'I heard' comments. If u cnt confirm, pls u may want to keep ur lips together before you send the general public into panic mode with one wrong post. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by malcolmjmoney(m): 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Johnnoah1st: pls where in Nigeria is portHarcourt?I haven't heard of DAT village/town b4 though but may God heal all does who have Ebola dere in Jesus name.
where are you from? Guess u also don't know what oil is too, cuz that's an oil state in Nigeria, well known state in Nigeria.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by shoboy9: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Is this man serious or he wants ebola to destroy Nigeria? Is he a dr at all? Why mislead people? Even if there is only one case left doesn't he know that one can still transmit it to many? And you have to wait and see if any of the health workers attending to the case are free?
Anyway I should not be surprised when he cannot get the name of discharged pt correctly. I heard he has never been to the isolation centre talk less of entering. And he wants people to volunteer while he stay in abuja to chop money.
No be im fault. Na naija be de look am de wait make e spread ebola well well. Sorry for naija man o.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by spotmataz: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
shocked Dia ris God u o.
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by sinaj(f): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
bennygreat1: Oh No!!! Not good newz for port Harcourt.
yea m in UPTH now nd d nurses here confirmed dat an ebola corpse waz brought to d hospital mortuary yestide
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Chibokgame: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
This is bad news O !
Anyway,
it's time to gather Nano-Silver as food supplements , whether pesticides or not .

Oh God, pls save us ..:........
Re: Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt by Emekamex(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
I am seriously disappointed with the health minister and the fact we only have one EVD testing/confirmation lab in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

454 New COVID-19 Cases, 268 Discharged And 12 Deaths On July 3 -(3355 Tested) / Photos Of Kano N2.8 Billion Giginyu Hospital & Equipment / Unknown Patient In National Hospital, Abuja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.