Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards (22371 Views)

Army Arrests Producers Of Fake National ID Cards For Boko Haram Terrorists / Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles / Nigeria Launches 2 New Satellites Into Orbit - GEJ Confirms on NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by gud4vv: 6:42am On Aug 29, 2014
mekuzee1: registration has already started since january.did my in may bur am still waiting for d original one.
where can i do mine?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by BestNaija(m): 6:42am On Aug 29, 2014
[size=18pt]INteresting. [/size]
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Emmysteve(m): 6:43am On Aug 29, 2014
Tazmode: Na so d card big? shocked hw we won hang am grin
Olodo hang am for your neck

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Another chop money scheme for Oga jona besides when will they start distributing the National id card?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by caniva(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2014
How we go do am?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by markize(m): 6:53am On Aug 29, 2014
Chia!!! Daris God Oh!
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by yunisco: 6:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Adetayo100: Another chop money scheme for Oga jona besides when will they start distributing the National id card?

Olodo if u are dere, u will chop more dan abacha, appreciate every little effort of govt.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body; it calls attention to the development of an unhealthy state of things. If it is heeded in time, danger may be averted; if it is suppressed, a fatal distemper may develop.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by mayorall(m): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2014
Great one but what happened to home payment processing companys like etranzact and interswitch?.

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by KLand(m): 6:58am On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=SIRBANYE]Is dat a national identity card. Looks like an atm card if u ask me.

Yes it will do the work of an ATM card too. I watched it on channels news last night. The president used it to withdraw cash from an atm also pay on a POS.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Btruth: 7:00am On Aug 29, 2014
Nice one though, but I just wondered how long we will keep this before they will brush it aside for a political reasons.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Firefire(m): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Congratulations Nigerians, we are getting closer to our destination. cool
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Timothy3113(m): 7:14am On Aug 29, 2014
Truckpusher: learner ke! do you just offer money to any policeman that flags you down? undecided

They'll first of all find something wrong and the extortion starts from there......and unfortunately peeps like you don't even know your right.

It is obvious that you're the learner here.....smh

Some peeps are just fuccking dumb. cheesy
did nigga aint a nigerian, becos if dey stop you and you claim to know your right, they might kill you and tell the public that you are an armed robber.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Olaa: 7:18am On Aug 29, 2014
I thought the photo on the ID card ought to be a PASSPORT photograph with particular specs....e.g Directly facing the camera, White background etc. Our president is posing for inside ID card....Shiooor to NIMC

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by sammyj49: 7:20am On Aug 29, 2014
slyzy: Business! Is a way of sorting the fed allies. Waiting to hear billions to be expended.
am sure dis card can b use in atm machines
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by o2k(m): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2014
Hope this one would last, my only concern is the master card part. If master card are in charge of the DBMS. Dont our leaders know that in world politics today these are sensitive datas, giving it to a foreigner its always a bad idea
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by gistmelove(m): 7:35am On Aug 29, 2014
Urgent Needed
Location: Ajah/ibeju lekki Area, Abeokuta,Ibadan,Port Harcourt
Send Ur C.v to: batlanrooftile@gmail.com
Contact No: 08120819063, 08085310359
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2014
timilehing:
Omo naija ni mi, with or without idcard

BTW, ain't got a whole day standing on queue cos of this thing

team #NoTimeToRegister
Without it no bank account for you
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Edusouls(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Nigerians which one una go appreciate, which kind country people una be, we criticise our goverment, for corruption, but let me tell u people, all of us bad, greedy, any little position we get, come see our true colour, from our various local goverments na crooks, class prefect crook, course rep crook,mr lecturer crook, class teacher crook, even street groudnut seller is a crook..so make una shut up, most of you here na crooks and liars..GEJ For life..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nsonaso(m): 8:08am On Aug 29, 2014
Omexonomy: Maybe u did not post it in the right section or u forget to bribe seun and mukina2 with ogogoro and weed.

Well bro... I think am the one who created the topic the guy is talking about and not himself...

The topic was also created on General >Politics the same section this one that makes front page was created

The topic was also created 5:53pm On Aug 28 being yesterday which is the same launched date for the event

Even the topic is more detailed with pictures more than this one that made the front page
https://www.nairaland.com/1877657/president-jonathan-launches-new-national#25842929

Like you said I didn't bribe seun and mukina2
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by alotofgrace(m): 8:13am On Aug 29, 2014
will this be recognised in ecowas states?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by msmon(m): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2014
Nsonaso:

Well bro... I think am the one who created the topic the guy is talking about and not himself...

The topic was also created on General >Politics the same section this one that makes front page was created

The topic was also created 5:53pm On Aug 28 being yesterday which is the same launched date for the event

Even the topic is more detailed with pictures more than this one that made the front page
https://www.nairaland.com/1877657/president-jonathan-launches-new-national#25842929

Like you said I didn't bribe seun and mukina2

Oh! I wasn't advocating for myself, thank God you are here to clarify yourself, I posted the same topic only scroll down on "politics" sections to find out your post was more detailed and prompt, hoping to wake up this morning and find it on FP. I was utterly disappointed to find another topic, Check out the link in my signature.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by morefire: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2014
SIRBANYE: Is dat a national identity card. Looks like an atm card if u ask me.

Front page tins, Is dis u?

So what were you thinking an ELECTRONIC ID card would loom like?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nsonaso(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2014
msmon:

Oh! I wasn't advocating for myself, thank God you are here to clarify yourself, I posted the same topic only scroll down on "politics" sections to find out your post was more detailed and prompt, hoping to wake up this morning and find it on FP. I was utterly disappointed to find another topic, Check out the link in my signature.

Well bro.... You see thats the reason why I was kind of telling Moderato to move it to the front page and you said that it must surely make the front page that am too fast.

I've created a topic like that around 2am about BBM being arrived for Android/iOs only to wake up in the morning to see The same tread created 11am to make the front page

So bro... It's amaze me when people talks about other people's lives why there's is even worse....
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by LilPeezy(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2014
briarhubble: Nigeria's president has formally launched a national electronic identity card, which all Nigerians will have to have by 2019 if they want to vote.

wait!!!!u mean na 2019 dem go start to share d I'd cards or wah?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by titoetal(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Waiting for Alert from NIMC to go pick my own.
The card will also be used for financial transaction both local and international payments. This first phase was awarded to MasterCard if you've registered already. More card managers may join the next phase.
We shall get it right one day I believe.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by pimplucious: 8:48am On Aug 29, 2014
This is reminiscent of the slave trade era when some elders exchanged their country men for a mere mirror cry

How on earth could an independent nation outsource information of about 170 million of its citizen to foreigners to handle? This is beyond me.

More baffling is the fact the said citizen accept this hook line and sinker without asking questions. #sicktothestomach
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by msmon(m): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Nsonaso:

Well bro.... You see thats the reason why I was kind of telling Moderato to move it to the front page and you said that it must surely make the front page that am too fast.

Which topic did you tell the moderator to move to FP?. I did you are too fast in d other comment, I mean I expected your post on launching of e-ID card to make FP by this morning.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by donttouch: 9:01am On Aug 29, 2014
Truckpusher: Don't get yours and wait until the Nigerian Police catches up with you then you'll come here to narrate your ordeal. grin

I no follow = 5k
No be do am = 6k
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Drey007: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2014
Don't get this...
Pls what's the difference between this new card and the old NIMC card that we register for that we have the temporary national I.d card?
are we to register for this new card again or people that has the temporary I.d card don't need to register again before collecting this new card?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by msmon(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Nsonaso:

Which topic did u say the moderator should move to FP? And the point I try to make is that your post on launching of e-ID card should have been considered though I posted similar topic just after u did but yours was more detailed.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by omoredia: 9:05am On Aug 29, 2014
Get today ! *()

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by bongolistik(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2014
oluwashola4me: How do I get one, please?
U get urs by starting out with d registration process. Folow d steps here to get d proces easy 4 u http://highteknology..com/2014/06/how-to-register-for-new-national.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Prepare For The Worst Fuel Scarcity - Petrol Marketers / Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF / Malami Speaks On Abia Governorship, Asks Parties To Await Decision Of Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.