Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards (22378 Views)

Army Arrests Producers Of Fake National ID Cards For Boko Haram Terrorists / Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles / Nigeria Launches 2 New Satellites Into Orbit - GEJ Confirms on NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Dee60: 5:28am On Aug 29, 2014
Nice.

Is this meant to go round? Will it be another avenue to gather money for the boys? Or to gather funds for 2015?

Since it has been 'launched' van they tell me where to go get mine?

Let us see if it will get to he average Nigerian or if you have to go and pay somebody to get it.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by colormebad(m): 5:42am On Aug 29, 2014
raumdeuter: Wetin do the old ID card?

Who no know say this na another chop money scheme by the clueless govt

BTW where are the 36 airports Jonathan promised us in 2010? Now na ID card format dem wan use

if something old dem no deh replace am? must we criticise everything?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Kunlexic(m): 5:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Good move,how will I get it?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Krak(m): 5:57am On Aug 29, 2014
Looks very much like an ATM Card that has a picture attached to it.

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Deiok(m): 6:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Vision 2019.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by popson1st: 6:03am On Aug 29, 2014
It better be just an I.D Card. I can't imagine myself using it as an ATM Card also.

Oluwole boys..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by pdf90(m): 6:03am On Aug 29, 2014
Please how do I get mine ?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Truckpusher(m): 6:03am On Aug 29, 2014
musKeeto:
Na truck you dey push.. If to say na car sef, person for follow you argue...
Truckpusher will always crush a muskeeto tongue
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by gud4vv: 6:06am On Aug 29, 2014
briarhubble: Nigeria's president has formally launched a national electronic identity card, which all Nigerians will have to have by 2019 if they want to vote.

When will the registration start?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:12am On Aug 29, 2014
GEJ TILL 2023!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by mekuzee1(m): 6:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Isokay...did mine since may..I knw say b4 I go collect am e fit reach 2016...
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by yunisco: 6:13am On Aug 29, 2014
Jonathan had earlier directed NIMC to conclude registration by December this year.

NIMC also has the mandate to issue a unique National Identification Number (NIN) to all eligible citizens, provide a secure means to access the national identity database in order to authenticate and verify identities, and to issue the e-ID Card to every eligible citizen.
The National e-ID Card which will be officially unveiled at the State House Banquet hall, Abuja today, is a multi-purpose card for identification, electronic signatures, biometric on-card verification, and other applications.
The Card which would subsequently be issued to all Nigerians who have successfully enrolled for the National Identification Number (NIN), has five applications already activated at issuance, with a built in capacity to host more applications on request.

Director, Corporate Communications of NIMC, Anthony Okwudiafor who gave the information, said the process of activating applications on the card would be done in phases.

The first phase according to him, would include International Civil Aviation Organisation, which has to do with compliant travel application to be used as a Machine Readable Travel Document (MRTD), for local/regional travel;
Nigerian Electronic Identity (‘eID’) application to be used to authenticate an individual’s identity; Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (‘ePKI’), as application to be used for identification, authentication and digital signatures; Fingerprint Match-on-Card (‘MoC’) functionality to be used for biometric verification; Banking application (‘EMV’) to be used for deposit, withdrawal, payment, transfer, inquiry; while phase two would be Drivers’ License (IDL) - to be used as international driver’s license;

Transport application to be used for loading credits/units on local bus terminals; Tax application to be used to make tax payments, verify payments; Voter ID application to be used to cast a vote; Pension application, to be used to manage retirement savings account; NHIS application for e-health, to be used to upgrade, renew, health insurance; Insurance application to be used to subscribe to insurance policy, renew insurance policy; SIM application to be used as repository for saving a cardholders personal numbers previously registered with the telecoms regulator; and Custom tool used to save space for more applets in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Innodon(m): 6:14am On Aug 29, 2014
I want to change surname before I apply for this
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by mekuzee1(m): 6:14am On Aug 29, 2014
gud4vv: When will the registration start?
registration has already started since january.did my in may bur am still waiting for d original one.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Omexonomy: 6:17am On Aug 29, 2014
Maybe u did not post it in the right section or u forget to bribe seun and mukina2 with ogogoro and weed.
msmon: Laudable!

Off topic :But I strongly question basis of this topic. Posted 4:19am to hit front page when someone else has posted the same topic with more pictures and details earlier and there has been a lot of discussion there as well.
I created a thread ( www.nairaland.com/1875091/mr-seun-fellow-nairalanders-explain )to know Mr Seun and fellow nairalanders view on this but unfortunately got relatively no response.
I hope someone will do me the favor here!

Secondly, I don't understand why I'm banned from posting topic and/or post comment on certain topic atimes.
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by PenSniper: 6:19am On Aug 29, 2014
Ah, it even carries GSM 'recharge' pin for everyone. poor man get luck with this one na.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by habex005(m): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2014
we are waiting...
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by fiverrwin(f): 6:23am On Aug 29, 2014
Ok another contract for them
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by wiringdpt(m): 6:24am On Aug 29, 2014
Morons...They just released our mastercard bins to the public. I checked the number and its valid. WTF lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by charlie42(m): 6:25am On Aug 29, 2014
Thank God say I don register na to go collect b d next thing. FP tinz

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by lonelydora: 6:26am On Aug 29, 2014
Hope policemen will not start asking for it in place of driving licence?
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 29, 2014
Na so d card big? shocked hw we won hang am grin
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 29, 2014
yunisco: Jonathan had earlier directed NIMC to conclude registration by December this year.

NIMC also has the mandate to issue a unique National Identification Number (NIN) to all eligible citizens, provide a secure means to access the national identity database in order to authenticate and verify identities, and to issue the e-ID Card to every eligible citizen.
The National e-ID Card which will be officially unveiled at the State House Banquet hall, Abuja today, is a multi-purpose card for identification, electronic signatures, biometric on-card verification, and other applications.
The Card which would subsequently be issued to all Nigerians who have successfully enrolled for the National Identification Number (NIN), has five applications already activated at issuance, with a built in capacity to host more applications on request.

Director, Corporate Communications of NIMC, Anthony Okwudiafor who gave the information, said the process of activating applications on the card would be done in phases.

The first phase according to him, would include International Civil Aviation Organisation, which has to do with compliant travel application to be used as a Machine Readable Travel Document (MRTD), for local/regional travel;
Nigerian Electronic Identity (‘eID’) application to be used to authenticate an individual’s identity; Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (‘ePKI’), as application to be used for identification, authentication and digital signatures; Fingerprint Match-on-Card (‘MoC’) functionality to be used for biometric verification; Banking application (‘EMV’) to be used for deposit, withdrawal, payment, transfer, inquiry; while phase two would be Drivers’ License (IDL) - to be used as international driver’s license;

Transport application to be used for loading credits/units on local bus terminals; Tax application to be used to make tax payments, verify payments; Voter ID application to be used to cast a vote; Pension application, to be used to manage retirement savings account; NHIS application for e-health, to be used to upgrade, renew, health insurance; Insurance application to be used to subscribe to insurance policy, renew insurance policy; SIM application to be used as repository for saving a cardholders personal numbers previously registered with the telecoms regulator; and Custom tool used to save space for more applets in the future.

The e-ID card has multiple functions, including serving as an ATM card.

Krak: Looks very much like an ATM Card that has a picture attached to it.

megabyte2: It looks like Atm card

iluvweed: grin lol I see a master card number on the card, is that serving as our social security number? grin

SIRBANYE: Is dat a national identity card. Looks like an atm card if u ask me.

Front page tins, Is dis u?
you can use it to withdraw money thru atm.....
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Enoquin(f): 6:28am On Aug 29, 2014
Wanted to see what occupation the president chose
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Phrankin(m): 6:29am On Aug 29, 2014
How are we to walk around with a card that size?!
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by allanphash7(m): 6:31am On Aug 29, 2014
so the card heavy so tey natwo hands we go take dey carry am,or wat am i seeing here
Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Dogzimalon: 6:31am On Aug 29, 2014
This card is the one you applied for Last Year Now that our Able President have officially launched it it will soon get to us. Good Job GEJ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by BestNaija(m): 6:33am On Aug 29, 2014
[size=18pt]INTEREsting.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by Chylo(m): 6:35am On Aug 29, 2014
Khalessi: This card go fit enter pocket?

Olodo, so you dont know that is a dummy card, for display purposes. Where you go skool? grin grin grin cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launches National Electronic ID Cards by sparkleboy(m): 6:41am On Aug 29, 2014
toorh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Rally: Okupe Accuses APC Of Importing People From Other States / A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. / Nigeria's Super Tucaco Jets, To Get Laser Guided Bombs And Rockets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.