Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress (5657 Views)

Delta State Guber Race: Who Is Your Choice Among The Three Top Contenders / All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by chemali: 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
APC can offer more than this. However, Atiku is the least of the three candidates. There is no way I'm queuing behind him even if he wins APC's ticket.

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
omenka: Give me GMB any day anytime!!

The biggest scourge we have plaguing the country today is corruption!!

Fix it and you'd fix the problem of electricity, unemployment (by extension, insecurity), etc. These are the hurdles the country have to surmount before we can start talking about real change and progress, which are not just confined to paper. Who better to do the job than the most incorruptible politician we have in our midst??
You are right. We have to take advantage of the instrument of Social Network to sell Buhari's candidacy and his antecedents and also dispel propaganda against his person. If you don't tell Nigerians (Who most times are moved by emotions), they won't know about this rare gem.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Someone to galvanize the voting passion in the North to record a very high voters turnout...despite the security challenges.

In my opinion...such person still remain Buhari.......he may not be very acceptable to most Southerners and elites...his electoral value is second to none in the North.

A good and marketable VP from the South......particularly from the SW....(this will kill any apathy the people of this zone may have in 2015 Presidential election, since it's obvious no party will present one as Presidential candidate) will ensure a near victory for that ticket.

Picking additional three states in the NC will tilt victory in the ticket's favor.

A year is very far in a nation's political life

.,,,,there can still be one deciding factor before 2015 that has not occur yet and we don't know......but which may have a very SIGNIFICANT impact on the candidates and the election outcome. (The Third Force Factor)

2 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by donphilopus: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Like I've earlier said, I wouldn't like it if APC gives their Presidential Ticket to an ex-PDP man because PDP blood still runs in them. Buhari has always been a member of the opposition and some nonentities have even decided to give him a name (Serial Loser) which he doesn't bear. I'd like APC to prove them wrong by fielding Buhari (who's definitely gonna win)!

Atiku is a Political Prostit.ute so he shouldn't bother. Kwankwaso is also good though, but that doesn't mean we should give him our ticket. We can only give them our Vice Presidential Ticket!

6 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
Keneking: Exciting analysis... grin
Anything to dislodge this otuoke born civilian from power in 2015 grin
PDP has no other candidates for the election; putting all eggs in one small basket filled with snakes cheesy
Buhari CV is powerful and redeemable...Sai Buhari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But who created 'Metasine Insurgency'; PDP or who sef? angry
The General knows every nooks and crannies in the country grin

Objective assessment:

1. Buhari VS Jona : Power did not improve in both administrations (Jona even sold the power sector to his cronnies)
2. Buhari VS Jona : Corruption was tackled during his first term. (Jona promoted corruption in his first term so much that an international award has been issued to him)
3. Buhari VS Jona : Insecurity was witnessed in both administration (Buhari dealt with it decisively in his first term withOUT support from West Africa and International community)
4. Buhari VS Jona : In terms of employability after service, Buhari was appointed President - OPEC after his first term. Jona seems 'unemployable'. after his first term.
Comparing General Buhari and Jonathan is a slap to common sense. Jonathan should be compared with Shehu Shagari, T.A Orji, Uzor Kalu, Timpre Sylva, Martin Elechi, Sam Egwu, Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel and all other mediocres.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Oklander: 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
-Kwankwaso/Fashola
-Buhari/Fashola
...These would be good..IMO.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Keky(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Buhari and Oshiomole and we are good to go.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Ngwakwe: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: @ Ngwakwe you can create a NEW Topic for pro-Jonathan campaign rather than gate-crashing. Between Nigerians will love to see the achivement of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Why not create a thread and do that? Or you expect everyone to just vote GEJ without knowing how far he has gone with the 2011 mandate?

Stop this unnecessary bullying tactics that is outdated.

I responded to a promise by your comrades to compare and contract, which you enthusiastically welcomed. Only to permit such one sided input without encouraging them to create a different thread for such.

You've even started applauding the comparisons.

"You see what am saw" according to Zebrudaya Okoro Igwe Nwafor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by arewanationz: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
My choice will always be Buhari and Fashola eventhough low thinking Nigerians will look at it from a religious angle.

The only set back I see with the Buhari candidacy is the corrupt elite MOSTLY from the northern part who prefer a dim-witted GEJ to provide unlimited access for looting of the treasury.

Buhari remains the candidate with the most reputable CV in our political class.

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
God bless you @Barcanista and all lovers of a New Nigeria,i have said it time and time again Gen Muhammadu Buhari remains the only leader Nigerians can look up to help us wrestle the country from the vice-like grip of the PDP Amalekites and Jebusites who have sworn upon their souls and are even ready to plunge Nigeria into war and balkanization rather than allow the opposition take power yet i know that the lord of host will deploy the most unlikeliest of instances using the battle-axe called Gen Buhari to chase looters into the Atlantic Ocean

Anywhere Buhari's name is mentioned,the TAN boys and GEJ Political Halleluyah Renegades suddenly go into epileptic tantrums spitting a permutation and combination of hateful bile,unsubstantiated propaganda and outright falsehood which we have ask their Govt to show evidence of since 1870,may be they will do so tommorrow

In the light of the foregoing,i soroptimist a born again christian,detribalised citizen,open-minded,whole heartedly without reservation endorse the candidature of Gen Muhammadu Buhari to fly the flag of APC in the 2015 election

Long Live Nigeria
Long live APC
Long Live the patent fear of the corrupt and the looters of our commonwealth....Gen Muhammadu Buhari GCFR...

Mai Gaskiya( The Honest One) Gbugbugburu of Our Nation

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by yomexp(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli: Buhari/ Oshiomhole could been perfect.
you can't have the vice president and chairman of the party from the same region. so that as effectively sealed oshio baba's fate but he will do well as a minister in the cabinet or even as a senator.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by honeric01(m): 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
Who are the potential vice presidential candidates?

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
donphilopus: Like I've earlier said, I wouldn't like it if APC gives their Presidential Ticket to an ex-PDP man because PDP blood still runs in them. Buhari has always been a member of the opposition and some nonentities have even decided to give him a name (Serial Loser) which he doesn't bear. I'd like APC to prove them wrong by fielding Buhari (who's definitely gonna win)!

Atiku is a Political Prostit.ute so he shouldn't bother. Kwankwaso is also good though, but that doesn't mean we should give him our ticket. We can only give them our Vice Presidential Ticket!
Honestly I don't think anyone expect Atiku Abubakar to clinch the ticket. He lost it when he left AC for PDP in 2010. I feel for him though. I agree with you that General Buhari should be given the Ticket but on the nPDP Governors that came, I will rather they are given equal opportunity considering the circumstances that led to their Joining APC and their progressiveness while in PDP. they could easily remain in PDP and negotiated for "their share" in the National cake. These people contributed to making APC a more formidable force and their incumbency/performance will influence votes for the APC. For the VP ticket, I am rooting for a South Western Candidate or Oshiomole. But the National Chair is from EDO, a SW candidate should seal the deal. Fashola, Fola Adeola or Kayode Fayemi will be awesome

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist: God bless you @Barcanista and all lovers of a New Nigeria,i have said it time and time again Gen Muhammadu Buhari remains the only leader Nigerians can look up to help us wrestle the country from the vice-like grip of the PDP Amalekites and Jebusites who have sworn upon their souls and are even ready to plunge Nigeria into war and balkanization rather than allow the opposition take power yet i know that the lord of host will deploy the most unlikeliest of instances using the battle-axe called Gen Buhari to chase looters into the Atlantic Ocean

Anywhere Buhari's name is mentioned,the TAN boys and GEJ Political Halleluyah Renegades suddenly go into epileptic tantrums spitting a permutation and combination of hateful bile,unsubstantiated propaganda and outright falsehood which we have ask their Govt to show evidence of since 1870,may be they will do so tommorrow

In the light of the foregoing,i soroptimist a born again christian,detribalised citizen,open-minded,whole heartedly without reservation endorse the candidature of Gen Muhammadu Buhari to fly the flag of APC in the 2015 election

Long Live Nigeria
Long live APC
Long Live the patent fear of the corrupt and the looters of our commonwealth....Gen Muhammadu Buhari GCFR...

The bold may sound funny....but you've just spoken the truth in a very nice manner. grin

The factual truth is that he remains one of the very few politicians left in Nigeria with enduring ideology which is not stomach infrastructure related....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by TellBlazer(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
egbaguy: u no dey tire?
I no dey tire

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Stop this unnecessary bullying tactics that is outdated.

I responded to a promise by your comrades to compare and contrast, which you enthusiastically welcomed. Only to permit such one sided input without encouraging them to create a different thread for such.

You've even started applauding the comparisons.

"You see what am saw" according to Zebrudaya Okoro Igwe Nwafor.
Boss when did I permit such? I won't mind we do comparism but that should be on a different thread pls so as not to derail this thread what do you think? And sorry I wasn't trying to bully you SIr
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
yomexp:
you can't have the vice president and chairman of the party from the same region. so that as effectively sealed oshio baba's fate but he will do well as a minister in the cabinet or even as a senator.
Thats why i used COULD. This would have killed the muslim/muslim question, it could have brought more votes from the SS (edo, rivers and delta)
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist: God bless you @Barcanista and all lovers of a New Nigeria,i have said it time and time again Gen Muhammadu Buhari remains the only leader Nigerians can look up to help us wrestle the country from the vice-like grip of the PDP Amalekites and Jebusites who have sworn upon their souls and are even ready to plunge Nigeria into war and balkanization rather than allow the opposition take power yet i know that the lord of host will deploy the most unlikeliest of instances using the battle-axe called Gen Buhari to chase looters into the Atlantic Ocean

Long Live Nigeria
Long live APC

@ Emboldened inasmuch as I want the Jonathan Group to campaign for their principal, I still want them to be objective rather than the usual propaganda which has become boring in Nigeria's political space. This is a man that has been tested and trusted with enduring legacies. I strongly believe that the thieving class are Afraid of his comeback to power due to what may befall them. Unlike before when the propaganda go unchallenged, this is a New Era where every propaganda against the General shall be tackled and his true antecedent/image shall be shown to Nigerians.
God Bless You Too

4 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
ilugunboy:

The bold may sound funny....but you've just spoken the truth in a very nice manner. grin

The factual truth is that he remains one of the very few politicians left in Nigeria with enduring ideology which is not stomach infrastructure related....
Honestly, the TAN thingy has brought more embarrassment to Jonathan Campaign than any of his failure. The person that sold the TAN idea to him should be tried for Deception. The TAN don't even know what to Promote rather than liking their Principal to Mandela

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by egbaguy: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
TellBlazer: I no dey tire
abeg,do check ur bp oooo
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
Thats why i used COULD. This would have killed the muslim/muslim question, it could have brought more votes from the SS (edo, rivers and delta)
Don't you think Oshio should rather warm up for Labour Minister Job? I believe we can use his wealth of experience as a former unionist to remodel our labour force.

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: Don't you think Oshio should rather warm up for Labour Minister Job? I believe we can use his wealth of experience as a former unionist to remodel our labour force.

That would be nice...it's time to get Nigeria working once again by putting square peg in square hole.....and not just providing jobs for the boys regardless of competency like PDP is fond of doing.....

2 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by drauj(m): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Iluvberem:

So for your freaking mind Atiku is a good candidate?
Well only on APC.

Dream on dude

None of them will win any presidential election using that bokoharam platform APC
we are gradually getting to know BH perpetrators.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by drauj(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
ilugunboy:

That would be nice...it's time to get Nigeria working once again by putting square peg in square hole.....and not just providing jobs for the boys regardless of competency like PDP is fond of doing.....
Absolutely palpable patriotism

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
ilugunboy:

It is the fact.....Buhari as i have come to love him even having never seen him nor hope to but just on the basis of the little he was able to do under 20months as Head of State

A clear thinking educated Nigerian should be able to juxtapose the present ascetic,spartan,puritanical,humble lifestyle of this man who had been a Governor of about 7 states combined,Minister of Petroleum Resources, Head of State,Chairman of PTF with a total budget of about 200Billion Naira with the terrible lifestyle of even a common councillor in Nigeria not to talk of Commissioners,Ministers up to the President

Yet this man doesn't have a Private Jet,a Yatch,a Mansion on Potomac Avenue,No Castle in Saudi Arabia,No Oil Bloc or Oil Rig,No House even in Abuja.........something that is very very rare in this sinful world and corruption riddled country of ours

It is a combination of all these weird behaviour of Gen Buhari who sat over and administer Billions of Dollars of our money and didnt steal it that is striking patent fear into the mind of the PDP looters and corrupt gang......to the extent that they know that should that man get back to power,he will deploy holy anger to clean the augean stable.....That is why they are pitting us against each other Hausa V Igbo, Yoruba V Igbo, Ijaw V Ikwerre just to keep us busy in order not to think straight and know that looters dont always see themselves differently as we see ourselves

Buhari is the only man who doesn't have a Godfather.....IBB cant command him to come to Minna anyhow like the present occupier of Aso Rock,OBJ knows who he is and is even silently praying Buhari doesn't get to power,The corrupt elites all over are united against the friend of the poor and the downtrodden

The onus is on us to look them in the face and tell them 'enough is enough'........Only Buhari has the independence of heart and integrity of mind to keep the marauders at bay

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: Don't you think Oshio should rather warm up for Labour Minister Job? I believe we can use his wealth of experience as a former unionist to remodel our labour force.
true, but i am also looking at breaking into the SS for votes. I think the SW can deliver votes with rigorous campaign, Aregbesola did it for Ribadu in 2011 even when his vice (fola adeola) couldn't deliver his home state.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by drauj(m): 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: Honestly, the TAN thingy has brought more embarrassment to Jonathan Campaign than any of his failure. The person that sold the TAN idea to him should be tried for Deception. The TAN don't even know what to Promote rather than liking their Principal to Mandela
They have no clue what Mandela has gone through and what he stands for. The have the right to sell their principal but while they are @ it they are surely shooting their feet.
I just imagine how GEJ feels when he is likened to Mandela or Abraham Lincoln.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist:

It is the fact.....Buhari as i have come to love him even having never seen him nor hope to but just on the basis of the little he was able to do under 20months as Head of State

A clear thinking educated Nigerian should be able to juxtapose the present ascetic,spartan,puritanical,humble lifestyle of this man who had been a Governor of about 7 states combined,Minister of Petroleum Resources, Head of State,Chairman of PTF with a total budget of about 200Billion Naira with the terrible lifestyle of even a common councillor in Nigeria not to talk of Commissioners,Ministers up to the President

Yet this man doesn't have a Private Jet,a Yatch,a Mansion on Potomac Avenue,No Castle in Saudi Arabia,No Oil Bloc or Oil Rig,No House even in Abuja.........something that is very very rare in this sinful world and corruption riddled country of ours

It is a combination of all these weird behaviour of Gen Buhari who sat over and administer Billions of Dollars of our money and didnt steal it that is striking patent fear into the mind of the PDP looters and corrupt gang......to the extent that they know that should that man get back to power,he will deploy holy anger to clean the augean stable.....That is why they are pitting us against each other Hausa V Igbo, Yoruba V Igbo, Ijaw V Ikwerre just to keep us busy in order not to think straight and know that looters dont always see themselves differently as we see ourselves

Buhari is the only man who doesn't have a Godfather.....IBB cant command him to come to Minna anyhow like the present occupier of Aso Rock,OBJ knows who he is and is even silently praying Buhari doesn't get to power,The corrupt elites all over are united against the friend of the poor and the downtrodden

The onus is on us to look them in the face and tell them 'enough is enough'........Only Buhari has the independence of heart and integrity of mind to keep the marauders at bay

FULLY ENDORSED WITHOUT RESERVATION OR CONDITION WHATSOEVER!!!
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by yomexp(m): 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
you are very correct. but it obvious it can't happen.

for me general buhari is my undisputed presidential preference anything short of that and i would be snoring away on my beautiful bed come february 15 next year. buhari is our best chance and PDP know that. that is why they are trying to kill his image before the election.

with a buhari/fashola ticket even buhari/tinubu ticket if they can't win outrightly they can atleast force a rerun between APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Ventura1: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
@ barcanista - thumbs up for a job well done! though not a saint, buhari remain the only candidate that is capable of defeating GEJ and leading the nation by example and curbing excesses which is destroying our nation.
My suggestion: Let us adopt a common signature to promote and showcase buhari and also encourage like minds to do same. I like your tenacity, we must root the otuoke man out of aso rock in 2015

@ Obiagelli, ilugunboy, soroptimist and other lovers of a New Nigeria lets do something

3 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are right. The PDP government especially under this Administration sees Political Offices as "Another Job" for the boys. No wonder they created The Office of Ambassador at Large. I will want Fashola as Interior Minister or Minister of Works. He will also do fine as Chief of Staff

2 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by drauj(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist:

May God bless you and your likes. The bubbles of hope are glowing in my mind with an astute and concise pragmatic post of yours.
May we have the golden opportunity of thinking the way you do. Stay blessed coz I'm sure you already are. Chop knuckle.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How lagos igbos are trading their heritage for Yoruba in lagos / Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC / Niger Governor Sani Bello Emerges Democracy Man Of The Year After Online Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.