Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress (5735 Views)

Delta State Guber Race: Who Is Your Choice Among The Three Top Contenders / All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist:

It is the fact.....Buhari as i have come to love him even having never seen him nor hope to but just on the basis of the little he was able to do under 20months as Head of State

A clear thinking educated Nigerian should be able to juxtapose the present ascetic,spartan,puritanical,humble lifestyle of this man who had been a Governor of about 7 states combined,Minister of Petroleum Resources, Head of State,Chairman of PTF with a total budget of about 200Billion Naira with the terrible lifestyle of even a common councillor in Nigeria not to talk of Commissioners,Ministers up to the President

Yet this man doesn't have a Private Jet,a Yatch,a Mansion on Potomac Avenue,No Castle in Saudi Arabia,No Oil Bloc or Oil Rig,No House even in Abuja.........something that is very very rare in this sinful world and corruption riddled country of ours

It is a combination of all these weird behaviour of Gen Buhari who sat over and administer Billions of Dollars of our money and didnt steal it that is striking patent fear into the mind of the PDP looters and corrupt gang......to the extent that they know that should that man get back to power,he will deploy holy anger to clean the augean stable.....That is why they are pitting us against each other Hausa V Igbo, Yoruba V Igbo, Ijaw V Ikwerre just to keep us busy in order not to think straight and know that looters dont always see themselves differently as we see ourselves

Buhari is the only man who doesn't have a Godfather.....IBB cant command him to come to Minna anyhow like the present occupier of Aso Rock,OBJ knows who he is and is even silently praying Buhari doesn't get to power,The corrupt elites all over are united against the friend of the poor and the downtrodden

The onus is on us to look them in the face and tell them 'enough is enough'........Only Buhari has the independence of heart and integrity of mind to keep the marauders at bay
Fully Endorsed. History is in the Making. The Corrupt Regime are on their last term. Buhari Shall by th grace of God be elected President under the APC in 2015 and put Nigeria back on the Map of Greatness.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
I thought bukola saraki was going for President under APC?

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ventura1: @ barcanista - thumbs up for a job well done! though not a saint, buhari remain the only candidate that is capable of defeating GEJ and leading the nation by example and curbing excesses which is destroying our nation.
My suggestion: Let us adopt a common signature to promote and showcase buhari and also encourage like minds to do same. I like your tenacity, we must root the otuoke man out of aso rock in 2015

@ Obiagelli, ilugunboy, soroptimist and other lovers of a New Nigeria lets do something
You are so correct. We need radical social media approach in addition. It's so clear that Jonathan Group are out of ideas. I can't wait for a landslide against the PDP

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
smoothsk: I thought bukola saraki was going for President under APC?
No Inclination yet. Someone like Bukola should return to the Senate or become a Party Chieftain. Honestly, I do feel indifferent on Bukola sometimes. Beside that, It is not compulsory for a politician to remain in Power till death
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by ignis: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
I don't think APC is ready to take over power from the ruling party.

When they are ready, I will know.

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
drauj:
They have no clue what Mandela has gone through and what he stands for. The have the right to sell their principal but while they are @ it they are surely shooting their feet.
I just imagine how GEJ feels when he is likened to Mandela or Abraham Lincoln.
Exactly. Jonathan's greatest foes are his Advisers. That his VP is a dumbskull. he's just wasting space in the Cabinet cheesy cheesy. If Jona wants reelection he needs to employ a different approach(though he has lost it).

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Ventura1: 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: You are so correct. We need radical social media approach in addition. It's so clear that Jonathan Group are out of ideas. I can't wait for a landslide against the PDP

Counting on your expertise in that field bro!
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by yomexp(m): 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: You are right. The PDP government especially under this Administration sees Political Offices as "Another Job" for the boys. No wonder they created The Office of Ambassador at Large. I will want Fashola as Interior Minister or Minister of Works. He will also do fine as Chief of Staff
people like fashola and oshiomole would function better in the ministry of works and power respectively. just imagine the efficiency of these men in those ministries and nigeria is on the part of greatness again.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
true, but i am also looking at breaking into the SS for votes. I think the SW can deliver votes with rigorous campaign, Aregbesola did it for Ribadu in 2011 even when his vice (fola adeola) couldn't deliver his home state.
Fola is not your "typical" Politician. That is why I want someone that isn't too ambitious as VP. Having an Ambitious Vice could result to the vice seeking power at all cost and cause a Bad blood between himself and the Principal like we saw in Obj/Atiku feud and Govs/Deputies. Such thing causes unnecessary distraction and setbacks. Someone like Fayemi or Fashola or Fola Adeola will be fine due to their intellect and focus. And also we have to consider SW vote which will be the determinant @ the poll.

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by AriDsexy(f): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist:

It is the fact.....Buhari as i have come to love him even having never seen him nor hope to but just on the basis of the little he was able to do under 20months as Head of State

A clear thinking educated Nigerian should be able to juxtapose the present ascetic,spartan,puritanical,humble lifestyle of this man who had been a Governor of about 7 states combined,Minister of Petroleum Resources, Head of State,Chairman of PTF with a total budget of about 200Billion Naira with the terrible lifestyle of even a common councillor in Nigeria not to talk of Commissioners,Ministers up to the President

Yet this man doesn't have a Private Jet,a Yatch,a Mansion on Potomac Avenue,No Castle in Saudi Arabia,No Oil Bloc or Oil Rig,No House even in Abuja.........something that is very very rare in this sinful world and corruption riddled country of ours

It is a combination of all these weird behaviour of Gen Buhari who sat over and administer Billions of Dollars of our money and didnt steal it that is striking patent fear into the mind of the PDP looters and corrupt gang......to the extent that they know that should that man get back to power,he will deploy holy anger to clean the augean stable.....That is why they are pitting us against each other Hausa V Igbo, Yoruba V Igbo, Ijaw V Ikwerre just to keep us busy in order not to think straight and know that looters dont always see themselves differently as we see ourselves

Buhari is the only man who doesn't have a Godfather.....IBB cant command him to come to Minna anyhow like the present occupier of Aso Rock,OBJ knows who he is and is even silently praying Buhari doesn't get to power,The corrupt elites all over are united against the friend of the poor and the downtrodden

The onus is on us to look them in the face and tell them 'enough is enough'........Only Buhari has the independence of heart and integrity of mind to keep the marauders at bay
Barcanista...seen,nice one
Pardon me please,I quoted the wrong person as a result of the share post.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
To our Igbo brothers......Do you know that it was Gen Buhari's beautiful recommendation of the now Late Dora Akunyili in his hand over notes as Chairman of PTF that made Obasanjo to unearth the diamond that she later came to be?

Obasanjo out of anger against Abacha and anyone remotely connected with the Abacha regime caused the PTF to be auditted and probed,he was out to smear Gen Buhari but in the process stumbled upon his strong words as regards the fact that people like Dora should be given more opportunity in the public service

Even Prof ABC Nwosu the then Health Minister when told to go and look for the name Dora Akunyili didnt want to carry out the assignment and wanted to nominate someone else but Obasanjo insisted flowing from the fact that he knows that General Buhari's word is ever reliable

That was what made Dora to get her opportunity to shine......yet some of you harbour unfounded hatred against a man whose sin is to dare to be different and disciplined

You have been conditioned to take his stern mien to mean sadism

Do you know that Buhari who some of you so passionately hated because you felt he as a Northerner would be naturally anti-Igbo,had everly had the Igbos in his political calculation by prefering to run with two Igbo VP candidates thereby giving the Igbos one leg close to the sit of power

He ran with Dr Chuba Okadigbo in 2003 and Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke in 2007 yet some of you says he hates Igbos........despite the fact that some of us Yorubas who have been his passionate followers didnt read any meaning to it then.......we mobilised wholeheartedly and voted for 2 individuals we believed would perform

But why the hatred against a man who tried to use his brand up North to give the Igbos too a leg into Aso Rock had he won,which the Igbo nation would have capitalised on wholeheartedly by now rather than the 3rd person political attachment without any commensurate advantage under PDP

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by M0GIDI: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: Brother, though I admire Rabiu Kwankwaso but this Buhari Antecedent is just TOO intimidating to be ignored. Buhari should be fielded, he's indeed the BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. But should he decide not to contest, Kwankwaso should clinch the ticket and be endorsed by Gen Buhari.

Few days ago, just few days ago this was what Barcanista was saying:

1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from "unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as Jailing Journalists.

3. Buhari Stand on corruption is hypocritical. The Same Buhari that Jailed Politicians for corruption is the same Buhari that publicly said "ABACHA did NOT steal"

Go HERE to see a sycophant in his element.

Hunger is a Biatch, may devil punish hunger.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
yomexp:
people like fashola and oshiomole would function better in the ministry of works and power respectively. just imagine the efficiency of this men in those ministries and nigeria is on the part of greatness again.
Square Peg in Square hole
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist:

GBAM!

GBAM!
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
M0GIDI:

1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from "unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as Jailing Journalists.

3. Buhari Stand on corruption is hypocritical. The Same Buhari that Jailed Politicians for corruption is the same Buhari that publicly said "ABACHA did NOT steal"

You Should read MY post before jumping for the kill...
1. 1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

I did More research on the 1983 Coup d'tat and I realise that BUHARI did not participate in the coup. The coup was led by Abacha, Babangida, David Mark, Onoja and other Military guys. Buhari was nominated to lead the nation by the coupists being that he was the Most Senior in the Army. General Idiagbon was nomitaed to be number two by the same people. It was THE SAME people that kicked out Buhari and the Same People are backing Jonathan.

Excerpt from my Original Post
CRITICISM AND COUNTER-CRITICISM
Buhari's critics blasted him for issuing Decree 2 and Decree 4, aimed at silencing critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges, and banning of strikes and lockouts by workers. However, His supporters and sympathisers argues that such is common under Military regimes but will be absolutely impossible under civil rule for a man like Buhari that respect orderliness.

On further research, the man said all the monies were found in Abacha's family account and not Abacha(His Opinion) but I disagree with him. In fact, I insist that Abacha stole. However, the same Abacha was absolved of corruption by the Jonathan Administration when he withdrew corruption charge against His Son and even Awarded him post moterm.

More...?

BTW: What do you mean by hunger?

3 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by ShineuEye: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
M0GIDI:

Go HERE to see a sycophant in his element.

Now we know the real paid posters. This thread should be stamped with the tag "hypocrisy at work".

4 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
ShineuEye:

Now we know who are the real paid posters. This thread should be stamped with the tag "hypocrisy at work".
It's not a surprise how you guys jump to call barcanista a paid poster but can't engage him in a debate. Go do your own research and bring it on OR bring fact and counter my posts. I have created several thread agst Jonathan/PDP and non of you could dispute any. The difference between me and your likes is that i take my time to do continuous research that usually shape my opinion. I am not an armchair critic that has prejudice over something. I believe in were my conscience direct me to without fear or favor. If by any means I get recognized for my independent work and called on to serve either the APC or a political figure whose leadership style is in tandem to my belief, I will GLADLY accept. But for now, I am independent of my views and opinions.

I know you won't understand because of your intellectual backwardness.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: You Should read MY post before jumping for the kill...
1. 1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

I did More research on the 1983 Coup d'tat and I realise that BUHARI did not participate in the coup. The coup was led by Abacha, Babangida, David Mark, Onoja and other Military guys. Buhari was nominated to lead the nation by the coupists being that he was the Most Senior in the Army. General Idiagbon was nomitaed to be number two by the same people. It was THE SAME people that kicked out Buhari and the Same People are backing Jonathan.

Excerpt from my Original Post
CRITICISM AND COUNTER-CRITICISM
Buhari's critics blasted him for issuing Decree 2 and Decree 4, aimed at silencing critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges, and banning of strikes and lockouts by workers. However, His supporters and sympathisers argues that as such is common under Military regimes but will be absolutely impossible under civil rule for a man like Buhari that respect orderliness.

On further research, the man said all the monies were found in Abacha's family account and not Abacha(His Opinion) but I disagree with him. In fact, I insist that Abacha stole. However, the same Abacha was absolved of corruption by the Jonathan Administration when he withdrew corruption charge against His Son and even Awarded him post moterm.

More...?

BTW: What do you mean by hunger?

When i saw Shigidi or is it Mogidi viewing the thread,i knew he was coming with the same well worn propaganda against Buhari yet history abound to the fact that Buhari was NEVER amongst those who planned the coup

Infact the executioners of the coup argued amongst themselves for several hours as to who to make the Head of State before a compromised position was reached about Buhari( being the most senior and the person both sides of the coup rely on to be straight forward,impartial and disciplined) after which an aircraft in the Presidential fleet was sent to NIPSS to convey him down

The over-flogged Decree 4 came about as a result of the masive propaganda the Newspaper House engaged in at that time....just like it is happening today with several blogs and online sites which are deliberately used to slander and malign people without any iota of evidence to secure a conviction against the people being maligned

The corrupt politicians who were sacked by the military regime started fighting back via the media as many of them floated different kind of media fronts and sensational headlines in order to paint a regime which just put them out of food black

Even Fela was charged to court to substantiate the issue about one of the songs he sang in his album.......all what Fela could produce was a cutting from the Daily Times( Femi Falana was his lawyer).....so Decree 4 was meant to make Journalists and their politician publishers who were obviously pained by the sack of the corrupt Shagari regime( though Shagari himself is clean) to be able to defend their stories

No one asked them not to publish but publish fact! Since it is a known fact that nothing sells fast as Bad fake news

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by donphilopus: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: Honestly I don't think anyone expect Atiku Abubakar to clinch the ticket. He lost it when he left AC for PDP in 2010. I feel for him though. I agree with you that General Buhari should be given the Ticket but on the nPDP Governors that came, I will rather they are given equal opportunity considering the circumstances that led to their Joining APC and their progressiveness while in PDP. they could easily remain in PDP and negotiated for "their share" in the National cake. These people contributed to making APC a more formidable force and their incumbency/performance will influence votes for the APC. For the VP ticket, I am rooting for a South Western Candidate or Oshiomole. But the National Chair is from EDO, a SW candidate should seal the deal. Fashola, Fola Adeola or Kayode Fayemi will be awesome

I get your point. Concerning the Vice Presidential Ticket, I would have liked it if they give it to either Oshiomole, or Amaechi. I would also have liked Rochas to clinch it, but he wouldn't be able to garner votes from South East like how Buhari would be able to get from the entire North. Or, lemme say the SE would still vote GEJ even if APC presents the Late Ikemba of Nnewi as their Vice Presidential Candidate, because of the love they have for Jonathan.

APC would be able to win the Presidential election if they field Fashola, but people would still complain of Muslim/Muslim Ticket. I doubt if Kayode Fayemi would be able to deliver his state for APC considering the present political higgledy-piggledy there. So, it should be a no-go-area for APC. And to round it off sir, I don't think an average Nigerian from the SS or SE would know who Fola Adeola is. So, we're searching for someone who would be able to garner atleast 90% of the votes Buhari would get from the North!
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by chimerase2: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
barcanista: @ Ngwakwe you can create a NEW Topic for pro-Jonathan campaign rather than gate-crashing. Between Nigerians will love to see the achivement of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Why not create a thread and do that? Or you expect everyone to just vote GEJ without knowing how far he has gone with the 2011 mandate?
pls dnt be annoyed tell me wat buhari is till looking for in aso rock upon all dis yrs he has been in power
He has lost 3 times or 4 in a row becos of his desperation nw same with atiku OLE I dnt knw wat he is looking for too despite wat he and baba did to dis nation
Den kwankwoso I dnt knw dat guy very well
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by poiZon: 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
na u set exams, na u write, na u mark am, hw u wan tell fail?
APC ideology, none of apc actors are bad, .not even tinubu or atiku, they are imperfectly PERFECT.
2015 is on its way to shut peoples mouth ones n for all.
it will be the people's decision.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by ShehuAba(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
As I have always maintained and has been opinionated by most here, Buhari remains the best man for the job. Apart from his tenacity, ability, honesty, pedigree, above all he is still the most popular candidate that can pull through the votes from the north which is really essential.

The only issue I have might be the vice presidential candidate, before I usually recommend the likes of Oshiomole/Amaechi, so as to garner enough votes in the south south.
But since the party's chairman is from that zone, I will strongly recommend a very strong candidate from the south west.
Fayemi, or even Bakare comes to mind here.
in any case, this 2015 election is a make or mar one, no matter what the APC must never take chances.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
soroptimist:

When i saw Shigidi or is it Mogidi viewing the thread,i knew he was coming with the same well worn propaganda against Buhari yet history abound to the fact that Buhari was NEVER amongst those who planned the coup

Infact the executioners of the coup argued amongst themselves for several hours as to who to make the Head of State before a compromised position was reached about Buhari( being the most senior and the person both sides of the coup rely on to be straight forward,impartial and disciplined) after which an aircraft in the Presidential fleet was sent to NIPSS to convey him down

The over-flogged Decree 4 came about as a result of the masive propaganda the Newspaper House engaged in at that time....just like it is happening today with several blogs and online sites which are deliberately used to slander and malign people without any iota of evidence to secure a conviction against the people being maligned

The corrupt politicians who were sacked by the military regime started fighting back via the media as many of them floated different kind of media fronts and sensational headlines in order to paint a regime which just put them out of food black

Even Fela was charged to court to substantiate the issue about one of the songs he sang in his album.......all what Fela could produce was a cutting from the Daily Times( Femi Falana was his lawyer).....so Decree 4 was meant to make Journalists and their politician publishers who were obviously pained by the sack of the corrupt Shagari regime( though Shagari himself is clean) to be able to defend their stories

No one asked them not to publish but publish fact! Since it is a known fact that nothing sells fast as Bad fake news
I agree with you on the media and propaganda. Though I don't support curbing of the Press, the instrument of Public Relations would have done a better job and also the Media hous should face the law for every falsehood published/broadcasted. Well I understand that at that time things were not like as they are now.

As for the dude, I know his type and I've learned to ignore him when necessary

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by jmaine: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Once gain to counter those who love exonerating Buhari from the coup which toppled Shagari . . .I present to you once more an excellent submission by deepsight below . . . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/1169416/realistic-options-opposition-presidency-2015/8#13957156

Deep Sight:

I have heard this said by people and it never ceases to amaze me. You see; this is one of the problems we have with our way of thinking in this country: the willful determination NOT to take responsibility for our actions and particularly our in-actions.

My dear brother I would expect you of all people to see concisely into this: and just so that we may not dribble this way and that, I will adumbrate the issues here, for which you and others seek to exculpate Buhari, as he does himself: but which must not be heard for by any right-thinking and honest society -

1. Wilfull acceptance of the proceeds or results of a crime renders one an accessory after the fact and thus complicit in the crime

2. The act of taking over the government of Nigeria by unconstitutional means was, at the time perpetuated, an act of criminal treasonable felony.

3. Buhari as the most senior officer in the Military knew this.

4. Haven been "invited" to partake in the act (and of course he did participate in the final stages by making himself available publicly as the new Head of State - - - it is really beyond imagination, that when it is said, that it is treason to take over the Government by unconstitutional means; that "accepting" an illegal invitation so to do; does not amount to "taking over the Government by illegal means" - only Nigerians can imagine such an incongruity to be a valid excuse for treason!).

5. If at all it may be argued, as many have, that he had no choice but to accept, otherwise he would have lost his head; then this fact is obviated by the fact that he was made commander-in-chief: and therein had full powers to repudiate the coup and deal with the offending officers - a fact which cannot be denied for the evident reason that he turned out to be a very strong minded and stubborn leader - and as such it cannot be claimed that he could not have dealt with his subordinates if he had chosen to: and restored constitutionality. This further shows him to have happily accepted the illegality that he had become involved in. Indeed, the statement by the same officers that he was "rigid and uncompromising" shows clearly that he was fully in charge and not taking orders from anybody, even if acting in council.

I will give one example of this truth: although it lies within the take-over of a military government, the principle remains the same: when Dimka's coup was put down, why did the officers loyal to the government act the way they did to put the coup down? That's right - because of their responsibility and loyalty to the government. Now what would you say of such responsibility and loyalty if the officers that so acted, had rather thrown up ththeir hands and said - we have been invited to head the new Government.

Worse - if the proper government comes back to power - what would be its view of the actions of those who "accepted to head the new government"? ? ?

Seriously, Gbawe.

Now I have stated all the foregoing not because i needed to: and members of a sensible society should know these to be inherently true: I have stated them simply on account of the very shocking notion bandied about by many that Buhari bears no responsibility for the coup in question.

As an army officer, his constitutional duty was to protect the state and the government: as such, it is egregiously contradictory to state that after the government he is sworn to protect is illegally attacked and removed, he then abandons his duty to "accept an invitation" to become head of the then illegally established Government. That acceptance is the last and final and most important aspect of the coup, and nobody can argue otherwise.

Indeed, people are co-opted into coups at various statges - he was co-opted at the last stage - to take over as Military Head of State. That amounts to being part of the coup at its final stage. Nobody can argue otherwise.

Now in saying all this, I have not even touched upon his human rights record - which any one should know is incompatible with the idea of an officer and a gentleman - not to speak of a democratically inclined gentleman.

Finally, Gbawe: I am not particularly moved by your statement regarding not commenting on History much for one simple reason: you say you were not there. However the simple fact of life is that you are also not there to observe the generality of current affairs either. The same way you read history and watch it on TV and listen to the accounts of those who were there, is EXACTLY the same way you read current affairs in the papers, and watch it on TV and listen to the accounts of those who were there. Period.

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
chimerase2: pls dnt be annoyed tell me wat buhari is till looking for in aso rock upon all dis yrs he has been in power
He has lost 3 times or 4 in a row becos of his desperation nw same with atiku OLE I dnt knw wat he is looking for too despite wat he and baba did to dis nation
Den kwankwoso I dnt knw dat guy very well
I want to assume that you have asked an honest question. The constitution of the Federal Republic grants Buhari the unalianable right to vote and be voted for. He's neither a convict nor is his candidacy against the law. Whether he run unsuccessfully 3 or 5 times does not in anyway bar him from recontesting in another poll. Let's respect his right. You may see it as desperation for power others see it as serious passion to serve.
As for Kwankwaso, what else do you want to know about him?

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
jmaine: Once gain to counter those who love exonerating Buhari from the coup which toppled Shagari . . .I present to you once more an excellent submission by deepsight below . . . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/1169416/realistic-options-opposition-presidency-2015/8#13957156

can we say same for ironsi?
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by jmaine: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
can we say same for ironsi?

What has Ironsi got to do with the thread miss ?

1 Like

Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by farem: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
barcanista: Comparing General Buhari and Jonathan is a slap to common sense. Jonathan should be compared with Shehu Shagari, T.A Orji, Uzor Kalu, Timpre Sylva, Martin Elechi, Sam Egwu, Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel and all other mediocres.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
jmaine:

What has Ironsi got to do with the thread miss ?
got to power the same way as buhari.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by jmaine: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Obiagelli:
got to power the same way as buhari.

Okay, so how does this change the validity of the post i referenced . . . .

Am sensing you are trying to stir a tribal fest with the Igbos on this thread . . . ..Cos Ironsi is dead and gone and has no business with the present . . . . .
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
jmaine:

Okay, so how does this change the validity of the post i referenced . . . .

Am sensing you are trying to stir a tribal fest with the Igbos on this thread . . . .
this is my problem with you people on this forum, this is the politics section for God sake, you said buhari was part to the coup then i posted someone else that got to power because he was the most senior officer after a coup just like Buhari.

Why do you want to label me as what i am not.
What brought igbo into my post?
Sometimes you guys make me hate this forum.
Re: 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: The Top Contenders In All Progressive Congress by farem: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
soroptimist: To our Igbo brothers......Do you know that it was Gen Buhari's beautiful recommendation of the now Late Dora Akunyili in his hand over notes as Chairman of PTF that made Obasanjo to unearth the diamond that she later came to be?

Obasanjo out of anger against Abacha and anyone remotely connected with the Abacha regime caused the PTF to be auditted and probed,he was out to smear Gen Buhari but in the process stumbled upon his strong words as regards the fact that people like Dora should be given more opportunity in the public service

Even Prof ABC Nwosu the then Health Minister when told to go and look for the name Dora Akunyili didnt want to carry out the assignment and wanted to nominate someone else but Obasanjo insisted flowing from the fact that he knows that General Buhari's word is ever reliable

That was what made Dora to get her opportunity to shine......yet some of you harbour unfounded hatred against a man whose sin is to dare to be different and disciplined

You have been conditioned to take his stern mien to mean sadism

Do you know that Buhari who some of you so passionately hated because you felt he as a Northerner would be naturally anti-Igbo,had everly had the Igbos in his political calculation by prefering to run with two Igbo VP candidates thereby giving the Igbos one leg close to the sit of power

He ran with Dr Chuba Okadigbo in 2003 and Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke in 2007 yet some of you says he hates Igbos........despite the fact that some of us Yorubas who have been his passionate followers didnt read any meaning to it then.......we mobilised wholeheartedly and voted for 2 individuals we believed would perform

But why the hatred against a man who tried to use his brand up North to give the Igbos too a leg into Aso Rock had he won,which the Igbo nation would have capitalised on wholeheartedly by now rather than the 3rd person political attachment without any commensurate advantage under PDP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking Donald Trump Warns Nigerians “if I Win, You Leave” / Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament / Why Does Forbes Hate Igbo Billionaires?? (picture Evidence Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.