Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Statistics for WAEC 2014 - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Statistics for WAEC 2014 (33204 Views)

Waec 2014 Nov/dec Examination Result. / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / WAEC 2014 Result Will Be Out On 31st July 2014 (31/7/2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2014
emiye:

The total number of students who sat for wassce from anambra are roughly 50,000 students

Now imagine 486 illegal runs centre in the state. Divide 50,000 by 486, and tell me what you get.

If you cant beat them, join them and stop nagging like a B!tch
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2014
ketoprofen:

Check percentages bro.
That's common sense

Lol, what percentage? Did the percentage say more people passed the exams in the east than in southwest?

Most of you don't even know what you're looking at, just jumping up and down.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2014
omokab: I will start to believe all this statistic when WAEC on its own is serious on conducting the exams you check the percentage of student that pass in each state you will realize that majority of them are from village special centers. This is common to all state but is mostly peculiar to south east.Immagine a school in ebonyi state,Nnodo boys precisely I think over 200 suppose to write WAEC but only 3 student wrote WAEC in that school because the remaining ones had ran to special center.The media show this on news not by speculation.

This is worse in SW.
In SW, corpers are warned not to fail students in mere class exams not to talk of ..........
Corpers are also officially warned not to spot out those with exam malpractices.
SW has more miracle centers than any region

5 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2014
ketoprofen:

This is worse in SW.
In SW, corpers are warned not to fail students in mere class exams not to talk of ..........
Corpers are also officially warned not to spot out those with exam malpractices.
SW has more miracle centers than any region

This happens in every remote area of this country, no student fails in those places until they write external exams but in Oyo state starting from two years ago or last year the state government gives them a mock exam before the waec and only students that passes gets their exams fee paid for by the government, hopeful this policy will ginger more students to take their studies more seriously. Hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by emiye(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

In case the reality of things escaped you, the whole country failed miserably and at the end of the day more yorubas passed than ibos.

Although I understand why you people are jubilating but you still have nothing on yorubas as we still have more brilliant students than you.

I would really like to see the percentages of those that passed the core subjects (Maths and Eng).

As to the boldened, what WAEC classified as pass is a candidate with at least 5 credits, Maths and English inclusive, as such if a candidate has 6 A's in 6 Wassce subjects and a d7 in English or Maths, it is considered as failure by WAEC.

There are a lot hidden under the statistics.

In the SW, i think Maths and English teachers in primary/secondary schools need to be given special recognition, retrained , and a mandatory pass clause in maths/english for a student to be promoted to the next class.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chinasaekperem: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
I don't get the drift, are yorubas trying to say there are no miracle centres in southwest? Cos I know epe grammar school in lagos is a miracle centre.

3 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chinasaekperem: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sieco secondary school and mabummi memorial grammar school in ogun state are known miracle centres.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
django1: One thing causing the falling standard of public education in the south west is the politics in teachers recruitment. Its never about merit just another means of satisfying some quarters and this will continue so far the electorate keeps seeking personal enrichment over the general good of the society.

Now u are talking.
this is a lot better than trying to cover the truth or making excuses.
I will give u a link to the regional distribution of special centers n malpractices in Nigeria.
https://ojcs.siue.edu/ojs/
index.php/.../141
However, the SE has significantly idenntified and fought theirs, what has others done?

3 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Appswheel(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
if you are a student, undergraduate run to http://.com/resources make the best of the free resources provided there n failure will stay clear in your academics. thats not all find out the rest yourself
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

This happens in every remote area of this country, no student fails in those places until they write external exams but in Oyo state starting from two years ago or last year the state government gives them a mock exam before the waec and only students that passes gets their exams fee paid for by the government, hopeful this policy will ginger more students to take their studies more seriously. Hopefully.

My friend, go and sit down.
When it comes to public education, give it to easterners.
I schooled in the east and people who deserve to fail do so, no corper is warned not to fail sb.
But We were specifically warned not to fail or single out anybody doing malpractice in osun.
u guys suck.
Osogbo looks remote but then its your capital and we were warned at both Ede camp and Osogbo at LGA

7 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

Lol, what percentage? Did the percentage say more people passed the exams in the east than in southwest?

Even ur fellow SW peeps decided to respect themselves, u are here living in denial.
Oyo state did so and so, as u said but look at the pass rate, abysmal.
mtchew.
Upon all the special centres u shield

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ChinonsoDike2: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ibos are always fighting each other. LOL!

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

What do you mean, “individuality"?

The number of students that passed still shows that many people are still doing okay, generally, the south west isn't doing great but we can still see that there are so many candidates here and a substantial number of them passed.

The government secondary schools are dead right from primary school up, there is a lot of work to be done in that sector.

Congrats to all those that passed but ibos making tribalistic comments here will turn around to complain later when Yoruba starts their own.

Yeah if you say ibos are being tribalistic that's wrong but that stat is not good for us we should prepare to do some hardwork in sensitising our young sec sch leavers to read tight
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lool, grin grin nah so we see ham oh..
Eyop:

Banega which kind result be this one grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by atlwireles: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:

I disagree. Lagos is working hard at their education. If your assumption were correct then Abuja would have performed just as well as the eastern states because of it's own Igbo population.

correct
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by teufelein(f): 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by oluomad(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
thwarrior72: Noticed that Usun state did not make top 10, even with opon-imo undecided

Lmao! Don't mind aregbes media propaganda

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Babyosisi, you're really determined to rub it in today aren't you! grin grin grin

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you nna a

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
PrinceCharmiing: In every dark cloud, there is always a silver lining, I wrote in Kwara buh my 7A1's 3B2's still stand gidigbam! Thank God for ma result grin
o boi why lie nah? I think say nah minimum of 7 subjects, maximum of nine? Why you come write 10?

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by martowskin1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

In case the reality of things escaped you, the whole country failed miserably and at the end of the day more yorubas passed than ibos.

Although I understand why you people are jubilating but you still have nothing on yorubas as we still have more brilliant students than you.

I would really like to see the percentages of those that passed the core subjects (Maths and Eng).

My BRO. Bring ur blood down and stop fighting with d wind. We ar all catching fun here, but if u ar so serious go jump for railway or beta still hug the nearest transformer close to u tongue
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by dynatress: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

you sure made my afternoon with you brilliant but sarcastic responses.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Eyop: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
banega: Lool, grin grin nah so we see ham oh..
cheesy grin when you tell all these WAEC students to reduce the level they consume head of fish they won't listen. You see Opeyori Gbenga's result cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by musiwa93: 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
x

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
emiye:

As to the boldened, what WAEC classified as pass is a candidate with at least 5 credits, Maths and English inclusive, as such if a candidate has 6 A's in 6 Wassce subjects and a d7 in English or Maths, it is considered as failure by WAEC.

There are a lot hidden under the statistics.

In the SW, i think Maths and English teachers in primary/secondary schools need to be given special recognition, retrained , and a mandatory pass clause in maths/english for a student to be promoted to the next class.

Thanks for the info. Public education out here is in near comatose, something drastic needs to happen now otherwise things will remain like this for a long time to come.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chinasaekperem: 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
Wetin concern me, make them they read book of lamentation, I just wan hail someone in the house jare, benega wats up jare undecided undecided
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Vulu: 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
grin grin grin grin
OUR YORUBA BROTHERZ DON CHAO SAND FOR HERE.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Noneroone(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
ketoprofen:

That proportion of pass to fail is more impt.
What's the essence of having a large population when 3/4 are dullards. that's the case with lagos and others.
Quality not quantity.
Yea the more they fail, the larger the number of candidates that will write it next year. In other words, people will repeat. That is why south east has relatively small number of candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
emiye:
As to the boldened, what
WAEC classified as pass is
a candidate with at least 5
credits, Maths and English
inclusive, as such if a
candidate has 6 A's in 6
Wassce subjects and a d7
in English or Maths, it is
considered as failure by
WAEC.
There are a lot hidden under
the statistics.
In the SW, i think Maths and
English teachers in primary/
secondary schools need to
be given special recognition,
retrained , and a mandatory
pass clause in maths/
english for a student to be
promoted to the next class.

Rubbish.
That shows that there are also people in SE who should make the list but couldn't because they couldn't pass English or maths.
Y not accept what is glaring and move on.
We have busted u have more special centers, now this .
@dgango1, u still don't have points .
If u have much that wrote the exam but only few passing it, it doesn't make sense statistically.
SE has a higher pass rate of the total population in the zone, meaning more people than not did well in the region.
Yours seems like only few people of the group know book.
Proportions n percentages matter more.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
Noneroone: Yea the more fail, the larger the number of candidates that will write it next year. In other words, people will repeat. That is why south east has relatively small number of candidates.

u no go kill person

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ChinonsoDike2: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

Madame Beatrice the vampire.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by shaboti: 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

thats exactly what it means! jeeez use your brain bro.. the percentages represent the number of people who passed relative to the number who wrote in the different states and regions.. duh

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
shaboti: thats exactly what it means! jeeez use your brain bro.. the percentages represent the number of people who passed relative to the number who wrote in the different states and regions.. duh

I can see how someone who can't read properly can misinterprete what I've written, so I will pardon your thrash talking.

The percentage shows a ratio of people that passed in a single state, it doesn't mean more people literally passed the exams more in any given state than another.

I hope you get it now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.