Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Statistics for WAEC 2014 - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Statistics for WAEC 2014 (33506 Views)

Waec 2014 Nov/dec Examination Result. / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / WAEC 2014 Result Will Be Out On 31st July 2014 (31/7/2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Emmalot121(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2014
MOBJECTIVE: States With Percentages over 50
1) Anambra, as usual: 65.92%
2) Abia, also as usual: 58.52%
3) Edo, new comer: 57.82%
4) Bayelsa, also new comer: 52.83%
5) Rivers, as usual: 52.78%
6) Enugu, as usual: 51.91%

So 65.92% to you is a great job, what happend to the remaining peeps?They failed grin .Considering the population and exam malpractice,though South West is not excluded and I'm in no way happy or supporting the failures.The Nigerian educational system is one that craves for deligence over intelligence.To show you how wrong you really are about using your ill prepared fact deficient and unrealistic assertion,can you compare the cut off of southwestern universities including the prestigious unilorin to the below par schools in those regions mentioned,not to talk of the rate of investment in Education in southwest.
A lot of factors can hinder students,as some students might have been failed due to inspector's remarks on a school,examiner and a host of others.Not to talk of the fact that C6 and C5 are also used in their grading of credit.And also given the fact that no matter how much you have passed,an ordinary pass disqualifies you(not even minding if you need the paper or even minding if it is your 20th time of writing the paper,that you might have had GCE and this is a mere formality or if you eventually passed Jamb and most importantly Putme )
The fact remains that exam malpractice is on an alarming rate in South East and SS and also the fact that many southwesterners prefer schooling abroad.When this factor and many others are considered,I think it is saver to cling to the end result which I think South West(The most industrialized region in Subsaharan Africa ) is at its peak. smiley
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by opeyehmmy(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Collynzo16: If not for Ebonyi (placed 11th), all 5 South Eastern states would have been in the top 10.
Igbo kwenu!
With all due RESPECT...DESPITE being on TOP of the ranking chart all year long, it seems the RESULTS being achieved is handicap 'coz still na spare part biz. with PIDGIN language, Coming to run after vehicles in Lagos all in d name of selling, Money rituals without boundaries, Dealing in FAKE & substandard products, e.t.c. IGBO KWEENU!!! Make ur Results count, make sumtin good out of ur Education & let's move our Nation forward... 'A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE'

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by eaglechild: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2014
Emmalot121: So 65.92% to you is a great job, what happend to the remaining peeps?They failed grin .Considering the population and exam malpractice,though South West is not excluded and I'm in no way happy or supporting the failures.The Nigerian educational system is one that craves for deligence over intelligence.To show you how wrong you really are about using your ill prepared fact deficient and unrealistic assertion,can you compare the cut off of southwestern universities including the prestigious unilorin to the below par schools in those regions mentioned,not to talk of the rate of investment in Education in southwest.
A lot of factors can hinder students,as some students might have been failed due to inspector's remarks on a school,examiner and a host of others.Not to talk of the fact that C6 and C5 are also used in their grading of credit.And also given the fact that no matter how much you have passed,an ordinary pass disqualifies you(not even minding if you need the paper or even minding if it is your 20th time of writing the paper,that you might have had GCE and this is a mere formality or if you eventually passed Jamb and most importantly Putme )
The fact remains that exam malpractice is on an alarming rate in South East and SS and also the fact that many southwesterners prefer schooling abroad.When this factor and many others are considered,I think it is saver to cling to the end result which I think South West(The most industrialized region in Subsaharan Africa ) is at its peak. smiley
What a truckload of bullcrap.

You have extricated yourself from one claim( being the most educated) now you claim SWesterners prefer schooling abroad undecided

Better look inwards and solve your problem.
Falling standards of education is inversely proportional to rising poverty levels.
Which is directly proportional to militancy thuggery and religious extremism.

Better nip it in the bud now.

12 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Segipaul: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2014
this statistics is fallacy...if waec is conducted well only 5% will pass...wit all d miracle centres everywhere dey are stil failing
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chinasaekperem: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2014
Segipaul: this statistics is fallacy...if waec is conducted well only 5% will pass...wit all d miracle centres everywhere dey are stil failing
gibberish from a deluded and pained mind, if you prepared your student well, 70% will pass waec, it depends on the preparation, our students are lazy, that's why it seems difficult to pass waec.

4 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by thwarrior72: 9:40am On Aug 30, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Did you attend elementary school at all?

The percentages are percentages of the total number of candidates that sat for the exam and not of the population of the states.
whitecat007 will be like.....

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Nairaland tribal e-warriors seem to politicize anything that portrays them to be in an advantaged position ... Now it's education and WAEC results.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Segipaul: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2014
chinasaekperem: gibberish from a deluded and pained mind, if you prepared your student well, 70% will pass waec, it depends on the preparation, our students are lazy, that's why it seems difficult to pass waec.
let me tell u sumfin u dont know...bayelsa is d real centre for malpractice....all dose villages wich rivers leads to....dey all do malpractices...dere is no reading culture coz dose dat read fails one or two subject sometimes nd wil be made jest of by dose dat did runz...skuls dat conduct waec witout runz are not much
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2014
Emmalot121: So 65.92% to you is a great job, what happend to the remaining peeps?They failed grin .Considering the population and exam malpractice,though South West is not excluded and I'm in no way happy or supporting the failures.The Nigerian educational system is one that craves for deligence over intelligence.To show you how wrong you really are about using your ill prepared fact deficient and unrealistic assertion,can you compare the cut off of southwestern universities including the prestigious unilorin to the below par schools in those regions mentioned,not to talk of the rate of investment in Education in southwest.

"Prestigious Unilorin" Let's put that in context. Who is making Unilorin, UI, OAU and UL to have recognition? You think is Yorubas? Go to every one of these institutions, ask for the 5 best students in each department, I bet you my behemoth phallic symbol that 4 out those 5 are from SE or/and SS.

6 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by AONO: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2014
i was expecting Edo state to be at the top cos waec is always written on board like normal class lecture

3 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Frankenstein: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2014
Wow! Even Ebonyi state performed better than all the southwest states apart from Lagos which obviously secured its position due to the presence of Igbos and Niger deltans in that state.

And some people will always claim that the Yorubas are the most intelligent tribe in this country. I laugh in Swahili.

6 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Emmalot121(m): 10:15am On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild:
What a truckload of bullcrap.

You have extricated yourself from one claim( being the most educated) now you claim SWesterners prefer schooling abroad undecided

Better look inwards and solve your problem.
Falling standards of education is inversely proportional to rising poverty levels.
Which is directly proportional to militancy thuggery and religious extremism.

Better nip it in the bud now.
Militancy=SS and Treasonable MASSOB of SE Religious Extremism=NE Thuggery=More of SE than SW since thugs Of Akala and Adedubu have been cast into the dungeons in Oyo state,they are no longer feared e.g Auxiliary is battling for his head right now.On those studing Abroad,facts speak for themselves.I'm sure guys from your region,who ship in day and night to every part of SW expectially Ibadan,after they have filled Lagos to the brim contributed significantly to this mass failure. undecided
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by obioraval(m): 10:21am On Aug 30, 2014
PrinceCharmiing: In every dark cloud, there is always a silver lining, I wrote in Kwara buh my 7A1's 3B2's still stand gidigbam! Thank God for ma result grin
since when did WAEC begin writing 10 subjects? I smell a LIAR here

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Lilimax(f): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2014
hardywaltz: Always proud to be from Anambra State.
Anambra amaka akwukwo smiley
Nobi today...

3 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Worksunlimited: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2014
How bout the numbers and percentages of those who did backyard and frontyard runs, mbok? undecided

WAEC NOT DOING THE NEEDFUL SINCE THE 20TH CENTURY.. angry
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Qelvin(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2014
Why are you rationalising failure?

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by martowskin1(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
I think say yoruba people knw book b4 o

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild:
That even makes the results all the more indicting.

What it means is that with your strict expertise you marked the scripts that were possibly coming from the SE and they still performed well.
You lack comprehension. After I submitted my scripts for vetting, my team leader rejected them, asking me to remark them with leniency. I did it.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Emmalot121(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2014
new2020:

"Prestigious Unilorin" Let's put that in context. Who is making Unilorin, UI, OAU and UL to have recognition? You think is Yorubas? Go to every one of these institutions, ask for the 5 best students in each department, I bet you my behemoth phallic symbol that 4 out those 5 are from SE or/and SS.
FALLACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://1push.com.ng/oau-releases-post-utme-results-%E2%80%A2over-90-candidates-score-above-300/ Only one non-southwesterner was part of this list,though I didn't make the list but I scored 277 grin .If those guys are that brilliant,why are they not flooding to your Universities >wink.This same euphoria you are basking on can be compared to the Biafra War when the SE left Nigeria with the hidden assurance that because they had absolute advantage in commerce,its gonna weaken our economy.
But loo,they only had comparative advantage and since it was so many decided to leave the commerce for Ndigbo and since they left behind a vacuum,many exploited it and till today,they are basking in wealth grin .It can also be likened to how the Biafran army was mercilessly flogged during their invasion of Ore grin .Hope this post will also not be hidden grin
Take a look at this link,two Yoruba Universities fighting on which is the best http://www.punchng.com/education/oau-unilorin-differ-on-best-university-status/ PROVE YOU ARE BEST BY BEATING THE BEST grin .

4 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2014
new2020:

lol,it amazes how you pull silly facts out of your anus.You are really deluded
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2014
MOBJECTIVE: States With Percentages over 50
1) Anambra, as usual: 65.92%
2) Abia, also as usual: 58.52%
3) Edo, new comer: 57.82%
4) Bayelsa, also new comer: 52.83%
5) Rivers, as usual: 52.78%
6) Enugu, as usual: 51.91%

The truth of the matter is that we cannot rule out exam malpractice as the main reason.

I am from edo state, truth be told, am not proud my state his here. 90% of all the private schools in edo state engage in malpractice. If not that a large number of teachers cannot even pass waec themselves, the percantage of those that pass would be higher than this.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by IGBOSON1: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

Spirit of the living God! shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is true o
Kano did better than the triple zero states of Oyo,Osun and Ogun
Awolowo must be turning in his grave
These are children whose fathers got free education and scholarships o

I think it is that O (more like 0. )at the beginning of their name ,synonymous with nothingness grin

Anambra and abia start with A and are leading
To nu Ja

^^^Babyosisi, you're really determined to rub it in today aren't you! grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2014
martowskin1: I think say yoruba people knw book b4 o

In case the reality of things escaped you, the whole country failed miserably and at the end of the day more yorubas passed than ibos.

Although I understand why you people are jubilating but you still have nothing on yorubas as we still have more brilliant students than you.

I would really like to see the percentages of those that passed the core subjects (Maths and Eng).
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Eyop: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Faun:

Banega which kind result be this one grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

There are more students that passed in lagos than all those who sat the exam in anambra, just because a lot more failed doesn't mean many didn't pass.

Check percentages bro.
That's common sense
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2014
SambisaKing: Biko

Anambra
Abia
Enugu
Imo

Please lets argue here like umunne without bitterness, lets criticize our leaders without being bias.

Please lets just remember its four of us in Nigeria while others follow like twitter.

Please no Rochas, Obiano, Sullivan, Orji bashing.
Please lets forget Yoruba Yoruba propaganda and discuss how we will monopolize the education sector like we are doing now.

Please reply not ndiofe abeg because they will enter now to tribalize everything

You forgot ebonyi.....I think ebonyi deserve some credit knowing to well they are classified as educationally disadvantage, yet they came as 11th above ekiti,ondo, ogun, osun and oyo.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2014
Someone in this forum once said "the burst of energy" Chino Achebe talked about in his memoir is repeating itself.I have no doubt it is repeating itself

4 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Thank you for pointing that out. Anambra State doesn't have the highest number of candidates that passed the exam, but the highest per centage. They are two different things.

That proportion of pass to fail is more impt.
What's the essence of having a large population when 3/4 are dullards. that's the case with lagos and others.
Quality not quantity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

National Open University Of Nigeria (abuja Study Centre) / OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) / Nigerian Lady Blasts Teachers Who Teach Students That Men Are Head Of Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.