Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! (20972 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria / Why 248 Containers Of Phcn Equipment Were Seized For 11 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by gerald09(m): 10:18am On Aug 30, 2014
As I have always said the problem with Nigeria is not the politicians but the Civil servants in charge. Products were delivered and handed to a civil servant (Port Authority), the Generator Importers pay the Civil servant bribe to keep the delivery from entering the country for 11yrs and since politicians come and go the civil servants control the activities of the Government they teach the politicians on how tins are done. It took a public servant to find out about the abandoned transmitters cos its the public servants that abandoned it.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Dreal1247: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
jerryjere: you can not defeat the strongest even gej can not do that
Who is the strongest?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Btruth: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

So Atiku has been preventing the containers from being cleared for past 7 years of the Yaradua/GEJ and actual GEJ administration?

Your irrationality is so sickening. Until we learn to be objective in this nation, removing tribal and religious sentiments and dealing with issues squarely, we ain't gonna be moving positively in the development slope.
Listen, what I was speculating was the time frame, at least we all knew who was in power then. Also, we knew how much was/is Atiku in love with corruption......lol. And besides, why are you so disturbed? Is Atiku your brother?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by olaeffect(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2014
olapluto: So the person who ordered it did not bother to check?
A government of no checks, no balances. DO you just pay for goods without receiving them?

And na now we know abi?

What did we receive or have received for the over $2bn OBJ spent on a power project. We should be thanking God this equipments where even supplied in the 1st place. For that alone I give them 150% job completion certificate according to Nigerian standard. Because in this same country some people where paid 100% without even knowing the project site and we did nothing. angry angry angry

Keep up the good (bad) work Nigeria our reward awaits us soon.

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by dazzy4real(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2014
ah ah !! ekani ye ooo.....

somebody should be jailled for this na..
not just the recovering process everybody involved should pay dearly ...arant nonsense.. embarassedah ah !! ekani ye ooo.....
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by lovegeneration(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2014
rickkid: We could have been enjoying better power supply since 2003 but the equipment was stored deliberately to keep us in darkness buying generators and diesel! No wonder Barth Nnaji said what he said! Jesus Christ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
is like some thing is missing that people find so hard to understand; in these country called nigeria we have never for once av a leader that is patrotic or that av sofft turh for his people Not for once, they re all there to satisify there self, if not that they involve the big boys intakeing over the power sector, nd they re more poweful than generator guys so is still same set of parasite in charge. May God help us, God bless nigeria whit pragon leader.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Image123(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2014
rickkid: We could have been enjoying better power supply since 2003 but the equipment was stored deliberately to keep us in darkness buying generators and diesel! No wonder Barth Nnaji said what he said! Jesus Christ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't understand. These government officials keep telling us that all is well and there is light and improvement and they are working. Only to quickly contradict themselves and lament, decry and be appalled by the situation when it so soothes them. politricks.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by amanikondo: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2014
chukxie: Nigeria, a country where public office holders can do silly and unbelievably wicked things and get away without any repercussions. I cry for my beloved country.

You still get water for face. Some people cry Don dry. We day laugh now.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by poiZon: 11:54am On Aug 30, 2014
davidif:

When i said West, i meant Western countries.

when i said southwestern states, was tryng to justify d statement 'charity begins at home'
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by chukxie(m): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2014
amanikondo:

You still get water for face. Some people cry Don dry. We day laugh now.

Tears bin don dry before. I borrow join am. But on a serious note why most of 9ja public office holders dey selfish and grossly wicked? Until govt introduce death sentence for corrupt public office holders corruption go dey thrive unabated.

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: You don't seize to amaze me with your myopic mode of reasoning... Good Luck hasn't even finished his first term in office you are here talking gibberish.

Your boss OBJ spent how many billion of dollars in a bid to salvage the power situation in the country, did he succeeded? Better pikin in person of GEJ is trying his possible best in trying to clean up his mess you come dey yarn "opatala"...lol

You guys are just envious of GEJ cos you know no one in your generation thus far has been able to achieve his feet. Let the poor man be, at least till 2019.

BAD BELLE PEOPLE.

When you turn facts upside down, it shows you are either mischievous or just plain daft. Yes he has not completed his first term, however he has been in charge for how long?

You can keep trying to blame the man that left being President 8 years ago and absolve one that has been in the Presidency for the past 7.3 years, no smart person does that.

Just so you know, that same OBJ that you are vilifying awarded and facilitated ALL the power plants that are being commissioned now. The Power Roadmap was also designed by the same administration.

You can keep deluding yourself and the clueless govt, we are all still in the same country. Sadly!

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Btruth: Listen, what I was speculating was the time frame, at least we all knew who was in power then. Also, we knew how much was/is Atiku in love with corruption......lol. And besides, why are you so disturbed? Is Atiku your brother?

If your speculation was on time frame, then that would have pointed you to ask who has been in charge since?

Is your inability to think this through because the answer will point to your brother?

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by M4gunners: 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
So nobody blame OBJ for this? If it's GEJ, anti GEJ will be hear running their mouth.Holding what belongs to us for their selfish reasons.Good job GEJ and his goverment are working.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Blakjewelry(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
CityNG:

Apologies ahead but you have to dig deep, and I mean real deep, to find Nigerians with a conscience.

Controversial statement sure but ponder it for a minute.

Who was the last Nigerian that you dealt with that you feel had a conscience deep down.
seriously i see alot of good nigerians everyday though there are alot of crazy ones out there. May be its just me but normally i always attract the goods side of people.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by caxim04(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
These guys are mad, OBJ imported those items before he left. FFK once said that Yaradua refused to sign import waiver for them before embarking on his own power project.

You see these guys are just playing us, why 11 years after?
Our husbands (leaders) have gone mad.

In as much as i hate GEJ, this is a step in the right direction. Give us electricity and we wil figure the rest.

Our artisans can go back to work, factories can function optimally, small biz can now pay salaries instead of buying diesel.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by adanny01(m): 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
Techwriter: Is it that GEJ is working and his government is undoing many coverups and administrative negligence or that he is doing all this because of next years election? I used not to support this dude, In fact I even voted against him but truth be told I may have been wrong. With several "transparent" projects to empowering the youth with entrepreneural drive, to the railway wonders and now rebuilding the desolations of many generations of leaders, I think I can say he is trying. Anyway this is my first time saying this on Nairaland.

However, every government should read emeagwali's thought about Africa and the way forward. I found it very inspiring(not minding the controversy surrounding the writer) http://think2wize..com/2010/09/where-is-africa-going-wrong.html

This news is all propaganda.

Customs have been seizing PHCN and NIPP equipment since Obj's regime for no just cause or beauracratic bottle necks created by custom and other port authorities. In Dec 2011, Barth Nnaji lamented when customs initiated a plot to sell off the very expensive equipments to themselves. The port customs boss whom i remember seeing on tv denying the allegation was investigated but the outcome was never published. They had already began selling when the power minister raised alarm. Many equipment were missing by then. Most of those equipments had import waivers granted by the Obasanjo's regime especially those of NIPP but the customs held them i guess for bribes. By then, some non performing contracts had been terminated while those who were still on claimed their containers. The containers customs claimed to be abandoned were more than 500.

These other containers mentioned now were the ones whose contractors were either terminated or are still non performing. Its not a matter that they were abandon ed. In 2012, my site recieved its total of 19 containers which were held by customs.

In another case, we have one container at a police station which fell off the flatbed truck and killed a biker. The police were asking for N4million for the container's release which the contractor refused. You see, that container is still in the police station and will never be released till a minister asks why the project could not be completed, then the police will accuse the contractor of abandoning the container forgetting that a bribe of 4million was the real reason the project cannot be completed.

Almost N2 billion worth of equipment lie waste in a warehouse in Akwaibom because the communities claimed a fraudulent total compensation of over N6billion which was more than twice the cost of the project. Why wont government abandon the project?

No one will abandon important equipments like that unless someone like the customs in this case stops them from taking it. They should not insult my intelligence shifting blames or trying to show that they are working!

If i may ask, who established NIPP? OBJ.
Who awarded all the power contracts? OBJ
Who paid for design of the projects? OBJ
Who paid for procurement of these equipment? OBJ then later Yaradua
On who's watch did most of the equipment arrive? Yaradua then GEJ.
So who is responsible for the failure of power reforms?
GEJ.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

When you turn facts upside down, it shows you are either mischievous or just plain daft. Yes he has not completed his first term, however he has been in charge for how long?

You can keep trying to blame the man that left being President 8 years ago and absolve one that has been in the Presidency for the past 7.3 years, no smart person does that.

Just so you know, that same OBJ that you are vilifying awarded and facilitated ALL the power plants that are being commissioned now. The Power Roadmap was also designed by the same administration.

You can keep deluding yourself and the clueless govt, we are all still in the same country. Sadly!
didn't your OBJ write a stupid letter to GEJ which was meant to indict him? Did he mention that in his letter ? Any way I saw the letter as a last stroke at redemption from a failed leader.

Whether you like it or not God has a purpose for allowing GEJ to become our president at this point in time.

You are indirectly fighting God with your hatred-inspired comments. Remember what the Holy book says that there is not a leaf that falls from a tree without Him(God) knowing of it.

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
M4gunners: So nobody blame OBJ for this? If it's GEJ, anti GEJ will be hear running their mouth.Holding what belongs to us for their selfish reasons.Good job GEJ and his goverment are working.

Go ahead and blame the man that awarded the contracts that necessitated the importation.
But praise the man that has been part of and head of the government for almost 8 years while the equipments laid wasting away.

Good thinking there Bro, SMH.

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: didn't your OBJ write a stupid letter to GEJ which was meant to indict him? Did he mention that in his letter ? Any way I saw the letter as a last stroke at redemption from a failed leader.

Whether you like it or not God has a purpose for allowing GEJ to become our president at this point in time.

You are indirectly fighting God with your hatred-inspired comments. Remember what the Holy book says that there is not a leaf that falls from a tree without Him(God) knowing of it.

And going by your stupid reasoning, God had a purpose for allowing Abacha rule us.

Sure we can even extend it that He sure has a purpose for allowing Boko Haram in our land at this period or that He allowed the Ebola scourge. STUPIDITY of the highest order.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Toosure70: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
hensben: you are right though, so what do we do now to have stable power in this country?
total deregulation.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by M4gunners: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

Go ahead and blame the man that awarded the contracts that necessitated the importation.
But praise the man that has been part of and head of the government for almost 8 years while the equipments laid wasting away.

Good thinking there Bro, SMH.
Just listen to urself.Is it awarding contract and necessiating the importation that matters? If the contract you awarded is not carried out, as a president who awarded the contract what will you do?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
M4gunners: Just listen to urself.Is it awarding contract and necessiating the importation that matters? If the contract you awarded is not carried out, as a president who awarded the contract what will you do?

What has the President for the past 6 years done?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by adanny01(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
okeyscrib: Sentimental people of Nairaland.

First it was chibok girls
And then it was ebola

Nobody is asking who imported the stuff and allowed it to sit there for 11 years. If you import any item, will you allow it to sit at the port for donkey years??

My advice, whenever you people see posts like this, ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS first before you complain

The man who bought it was Obj but the one who recieved it and let it rot was GEJ!
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by adanny01(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Btruth: 11 years? Well, that was during Obasanjo & Atiku regime. And Atiku is known for serious importation of generator. And the same man was/is a cabal especially when it comes to custom duties. Atiku should have a hand in this. He's a serial generator importer.

You have been misled. Its not as simple as it is and trust GEJ government, the think every one is senseless.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by M4gunners: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

You can't even answer my quastion becauae you know the truth.Now you are using quastion to answer quastion tipiker naija man.Don't stand for truth keep protecting OBJ and his past cabinet.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

And going by your stupid reasoning, God had a purpose for allowing Abacha rule us.

Sure we can even extend it that He sure has a purpose for allowing Boko Haram in our land at this period or that He allowed the Ebola scourge. STUPIDITY of the highest order.
I guess your brain is too slow to figure things out.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

ask your dad cos he can compare this government and the past. You are just a kid who didn't really know what happened in the past government grin
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Litmus: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Since all have made the relevant criticism can i just add that there's something to be said for the fact the the equipment were kept so long and
intact, no degradation, no theft, just red tape - well done you ports authority guys.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by zemaye: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
chukxie:

Tears bin don dry before. I borrow join am. But on a serious note why most of 9ja public office holders dey selfish and grossly wicked? Until govt introduce death sentence for corrupt public office holders corruption go dey thrive unabated.
You wan bring Chinese style come naija grin. We love life o dem no go do politics again o
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by adanny01(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: You don't seize to amaze me with your myopic mode of reasoning... Good Luck hasn't even finished his first term in office you are here talking gibberish.

Your boss OBJ spent how many billion of dollars in a bid to salvage the power situation in the country, did he succeeded? Better pikin in person of GEJ is trying his possible best in trying to clean up his mess you come dey yarn "opatala"...lol

You guys are just envious of GEJ cos you know no one in your generation thus far has been able to achieve his feet. Let the poor man be, at least till 2019.

BAD BELLE PEOPLE.

You are a piece of work.

These projects were awarded between 2003-2007. It will take another 2years to procure the equipments and another year to manufacture and ship thats 3 years for them to start arriving. So, by 2006 was when you start expecting these equipments for 2003 projects and 2010 for 2007 projects. We all know these things never happen as planned so they actually started coming 2007 when OBJ's tenure expired.

It wasnt OBJ's responsibilty to clear but Yaradua and GEJ. Infact most came in in GEJ tenure, thats a fact.

You just saw 11yrs and believed the propaganda, no power reform equipment was imported 11years ago. Its a big lie. Those equipments are not bought but designed, procured, manufactured and shipped for every single project. 11years ago or 2003, contracts were just starting to get awarded, it will take atleast 3 years to recieve an equipment for those contracts. Thats 8years not 11 as you have been made to believe.e
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Reference(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is an old story from the Obasanjo regime and Okonjo Iweala and co are well familiar with it. The Ministry of Finance through the Customs Service insisted duty be paid on the equipment but the agencies charged with handling to state of emergency on power insisted on a waiver being 'critical equipment' so the contractors who imported the stuff merely abandoned them at the ports incurring heavy demmurage. After a while a scandal broke when the Customs then decided the auction off the equipment at some ridiculous rate (something like 5% of their value) and it was alleged then that some Customs top shot had bought some containers and the equipment had been removed. The scandal broke, the public went up in arms and the containers were ordered to be returned. Typically we never heard what happened after that.

Its all part of the 12 billion dollar Obasanjo power intervention. The money was not all stolen but the execution was really really bad. Various government agencies were working at cross purposes and it led to these kinds of waste. I just hope these containers have not been vandalised and the contents exchanged for scrap metal. That is Nigeria for you. Stronger men than institutions run this place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aregbesola Holds Meeting With Farmers In The Bush / Premium Times Replies Nigerian Army, Says "No Retraction, No Apologies" / Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.