Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! (20975 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria / Why 248 Containers Of Phcn Equipment Were Seized For 11 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by adanny01(m): 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
Litmus: Since all have made the relevant criticism can i just add that there's something to be said for the fact the the equipment were kept so long and
intact, no degradation, no theft, just red tape - well done you ports authority guys.

In 2011, Barth Nnaji uncovered a plot that customs have started auctioning the equipments to themselves. If not for him?

The problem is that, all sensitive equipments carry a warranty. The warranty have all expired without the equipment ever being tested.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by free2ryhme: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Who owns the port who owns the equipment? These equipments will always get waiver even if they stay ther for 1000 years.

Make una dey deceive una sefs
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
I wonder what's the use of having accountants and auditors in government when money was spent on ordering transmission equipments and the containers were allowed to stay in the port for 11 years without any1 raising eyebrows. Its crazy. All they do is sign cheques, dey dnt want to knw what was done with the money and whether the money has been put into good use.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by ceaser: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
poiZon:

so where obj from, no be southwest.
hw abt that bode george that was NPA md n na during him regime dis shit happened, na from SOUTHWEST TOO.
so whats is ur argument now?

And who jailed Bode George?
Who gave him presidential pardon?
CLUE TO ANSWER NUMBER 2: The person who pardoned Alams.

So what's your argument now?
And by the way, by "West", he means western nations, not western Nigeria. But of course your "poiZoned" mind motivated bias and prejudice.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
adanny01:

You are a piece of work.

These projects were awarded between 2003-2007. It will take another 2years to procure the equipments and another year to manufacture and ship thats 3 years for them to start arriving. So, by 2006 was when you start expecting these equipments for 2003 projects and 2010 for 2007 projects. We all know these things never happen as planned so they actually started coming 2007 when OBJ's tenure expired.

It wasnt OBJ's responsibilty to clear but Yaradua and GEJ. Infact most came in in GEJ tenure, thats a fact.

You just saw 11yrs and believed the propaganda, no power reform equipment was imported 11years ago. Its a big lie. Those equipments are not bought but designed, procured, manufactured and shipped for every single project. 11years ago or 2003, contracts were just starting to get awarded, it will take atleast 3 years to recieve an equipment for those contracts. Thats 8years not 11 as you have been made to believe.e
Bros! Your lies are in the class of their own. May be you didn't quite understand the write up. They have been lying down there unattended to for the past 11 years. They didn't just approve the importation 11 years ago bro!

Read threads properly before commenting.

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by lovegeneration(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
rickkid: We could have been enjoying better power supply since 2003 but the equipment was stored deliberately to keep us in darkness buying generators and diesel! No wonder Barth Nnaji said what he said! Jesus Christ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by ceaser: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: didn't your OBJ write a stupid letter to GEJ which was meant to indict him? Did he mention that in his letter ? Any way I saw the letter as a last stroke at redemption from a failed leader.

Whether you like it or not God has a purpose for allowing GEJ to become our president at this point in time.

You are indirectly fighting God with your hatred-inspired comments. Remember what the Holy book says that there is not a leaf that falls from a tree without Him(God) knowing of it.

Yeah, lemme guess the purpose - balkanization of the country, impoverishment of it's citizens and the last but not the least, nurturing of corruption.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by adanny01(m): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: Bros! Your lies are in the class of their own. May be you didn't quite understand the write up. They have been lying down there unattended to for the past 11 years. They didn't just approve the importation 11 years ago bro!

Hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Forgive me for LOL.

OBJ approved import waiver for all power equipments imported for NIPP projects excluding that of PHCN. You should check your facts before calling anyone a liar. I earn a living from these projects so shut it.

How can equipment for contract award today be laying in the port? How can you explain it? If he didnt approved imports for power equipment, why are some of the projects completed? Where did they get the equipment coz no company in Nigeria has the capacity to manufacture such? Why are the other projects still on going?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
ceaser:

Yeah, lemme guess the purpose - balkanization of the country, impoverishment of it's citizens and the last but not the least, nurturing of corruption.
Be sarcastic all you want... It can't change the fact in all have said.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: ask your dad cos he can compare this government and the past. You are just a kid who didn't really know what happened in the past government grin

The reasoning of a nincompoop! Based on your reasoning, your education has been wasted on the altar of sentiments.

I'd school you on History on any day of the week.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by pitfol(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Smh for Nigerian youths...y'all be bickering about obj, gej nd taking sides...they're both corrupt, we all know the reason for this post...its to hail the Gej govt... Face the fact nd use ur brains pls...the transmission equipments have so little to do wit the problem power has in Nigeria...this country needs to generate more...so far we've been talking abt 4500MW when we need about 30k-50kMW...nd u re talking of transmission...na HIV una won transmit or ebola Ask the right questions pls...don't be fooled
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: Bros! Your lies are in the class of their own. May be you didn't quite understand the write up. They have been lying down there unattended to for the past 11 years. They didn't just approve the importation 11 years ago bro!

And OBJ that you want to blame for this has been the President for the past 11 years!

As I said, your reasoning takes a holiday funded by sentiments.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Ochoiho: 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
CityNG:

Apologies ahead but you have to dig deep, and I mean real deep, to find Nigerians with a conscience.

Controversial statement sure but ponder it for a minute.

Who was the last Nigerian that you dealt with that you feel had a conscience deep down.

There are 1001 of them that you've never meet. There are evil people all over the world. the difference between africa and other continent is the effectiveness of the legal system and the will power to punish those that contravene the law. the question that should be asked is 'an i trustworthy in my small daily dealing as a Nigerian'?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Babaji111(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is not only shocking but horrible! How on earth can this happen? I am short of words. The masses are left to suffer for long when the government can transform the country within some few months. Story...story..always! Nigeria?!
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ochoiho:

There are 1001 of them that you've never meet. There are evil people all over the world. the difference between africa and other continent is the effectiveness of the legal system and the will power to punish those that contravene the law. the question that should be asked is 'an i trustworthy in my small daily dealing as a Nigerian'?

I have met many honest, conscientious Nigerians.

Your issue is comprehension as I never said there were no Nigerians with conscience.

There are, of course, but not very common.

Ans stop bringing the world into it (how many countries have you travelled to, lived in or associated with the citizenry?), we're talking about Nigeria specifically.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
Blakjewelry:
seriously i see alot of good nigerians everyday though there are alot of crazy ones out there. May be its just me but normally i always attract the goods side of people.

There are many many good decent and honest Nigerians. I did not say that we're all derelicts.

Have you gone into a sizable investment with another Nigerian before, from a distance?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by missojugo(f): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
rickkid: We could have been enjoying better power supply since 2003 but the equipment was stored deliberately to keep us in darkness buying generators and diesel! No wonder Barth Nnaji said what he said! Jesus Christ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

And we are busy swearing for Sawyer...The group of heartless Nigerians that ordered, paid for and left the equipments to rot all this while are worse than terrorists! Probably they were plotting to "import" same equipments afresh and collect another big fat cheque for same equipment! Wickedness of the highest order!!

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

And OBJ that you want to blame for this has been the President for the past 11 years!

As I said, your reasoning takes a holiday funded by sentiments.
your appointment with the psychiatrist is long over dew.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

The reasoning of a nincompoop! Based on your reasoning, your education has been wasted on the altar of sentiments.

I'd school you on History on any day of the week.
See this yaba left escapee! grin
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by chukxie(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
zemaye:
You wan bring Chinese style come naija grin. We love life o dem no go do politics again o

Hahahaha! All men go diversify! !!!! : grin grin grin
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by shamson: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Bad rubbish from the house of PDP

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by DECOtech(m): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dreal1247: A ban is supposed to be placed on the importation of generators in this country.
Have you investigated and found out that the generator import cartel isn't behind the poor electricity infrastructure in this country?
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: See this yaba left escapee! grin

Tundeiab: your appointment with the psychiatrist is long over dew.

This sums up your entire reasoning abilities: No originally, lacking depth, pedantic, childish and ultimately Stupid.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
pitfol: I laff @ these our politicians...and Nigerians that re foolish enough to believe them... How will transmission materials help in d generation of power? Will u transmit what is not available or what hasn't been generated? God helep us all... Work more on increasing power generation before u start talking about transmission...
All 3 phases of electricity production: generation, transmission and distribution need to be on par in order to guarantee 24hr supply.
So if Nigeria generates 100,000mw and the transmission and distribution infrastructure are decrepit, the country would still be in d dark.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Akainzo:

This sums up your entire reasoning abilities: No originally, lacking depth, pedantic, childish and ultimately Stupid.
Bro, it's originality and not originally!

Hahahahaha. grin
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by hairyman(m): 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
Did this administration just discover thes e 248 containers after almost 8years in office? Or Did this just come to light because the election is close by? I think the answer to the former is no and the latter yes. Don't be decieved, the containers and their content will be lost in the polity in the twinkle of an eye. Its just the way of things in Nigeria and we will do well to stop being gullible to these antics of politicians who think Nigerians are extremely stupid people (unless we are). These containers have been around for 11 years and they always knew that!!!!

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Akainzo(m): 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tundeiab: Bro, it's originality and not originally!

Hahahahaha. grin

At least you used your brains for once. Happy to have been of help to you. (BTW, that typo was caused by the smartphone auto correct.)
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by dapsonlou(m): 3:04am On Aug 31, 2014
Dreal1247: A ban is supposed to be placed on the importation of generators in this country.

If they ban generator , what are we Suppose to use? Candle? Then we have stable light they can ban generators. The government need to invite all the diesel importer. Give them loans to invest in a new power plant, that is the only way to cob their greed

1 Like

Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Tundeiab(m): 3:27am On Aug 31, 2014
Akainzo:

At least you used your brains for once. Happy to have been of help to you. (BTW, that typo was caused by the smartphone auto correct.)
You see what I mean? You are so brain dead that you rely on auto correct for your spellings...smh
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by rman: 8:16am On Aug 31, 2014
God bless you. You know exactly what the issues are. All stakeholders are guilty and the one the really jumped out to me was the community related issue and the police. You see, Nigerians don't really care about development but money in their pockets.

Why would a community ask for billions before a power project can be sited there?

Community related issues is also gradually killing telecoms operators, ridiculous monetary demands at the detriment of QoS is the order of the day.

For me, we have missed the industrialization age, I hope we don't get left behind in this information age.

adanny01:

This news is all propaganda.

Customs have been seizing PHCN and NIPP equipment since Obj's regime for no just cause or beauracratic bottle necks created by custom and other port authorities. In Dec 2011, Barth Nnaji lamented when customs initiated a plot to sell off the very expensive equipments to themselves. The port customs boss whom i remember seeing on tv denying the allegation was investigated but the outcome was never published. They had already began selling when the power minister raised alarm. Many equipment were missing by then. Most of those equipments had import waivers granted by the Obasanjo's regime especially those of NIPP but the customs held them i guess for bribes. By then, some non performing contracts had been terminated while those who were still on claimed their containers. The containers customs claimed to be abandoned were more than 500.

These other containers mentioned now were the ones whose contractors were either terminated or are still non performing. Its not a matter that they were abandon ed. In 2012, my site recieved its total of 19 containers which were held by customs.

In another case, we have one container at a police station which fell off the flatbed truck and killed a biker. The police were asking for N4million for the container's release which the contractor refused. You see, that container is still in the police station and will never be released till a minister asks why the project could not be completed, then the police will accuse the contractor of abandoning the container forgetting that a bribe of 4million was the real reason the project cannot be completed.

Almost N2 billion worth of equipment lie waste in a warehouse in Akwaibom because the communities claimed a fraudulent total compensation of over N6billion which was more than twice the cost of the project. Why wont government abandon the project?

No one will abandon important equipments like that unless someone like the customs in this case stops them from taking it. They should not insult my intelligence shifting blames or trying to show that they are working!

If i may ask, who established NIPP? OBJ.
Who awarded all the power contracts? OBJ
Who paid for design of the projects? OBJ
Who paid for procurement of these equipment? OBJ then later Yaradua
On who's watch did most of the equipment arrive? Yaradua then GEJ.
So who is responsible for the failure of power reforms?
GEJ.
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by ofala(m): 4:09am On Sep 02, 2014
I didn't want to grace you with further reply BUT something is sure, you may have passed through school but you can't understand simple English and you vainly believe that all who comment here are holed somewhere in"father's house"...Read my first comment, reread yours and ask your very empty unfocused life IF that satirical comment of mine about being "hopeful" is enough for you to want to die. You can commit suicide if you wish but something your wish that can never be granted by Providence, is that everybody who comments on nl have a world as big as "Nigeria , your father's house or nl" alone.
I can never blame people like you but sometimes it is good to correct if your egg head is open to learn and grow.......
Aturu aguu....
NoContract:

See? I just said it. They know how to turn you people against each other. So that even when when points are being made [unavoidable harsh truths sometimes] both parties will look like enemies.

I'm smarter than you not smarter than you grin, I will not banter with you. Do yourself a favor, and read a bit. The world is bigger than your father's compound, NL or Nigeria herself.

I'm sure you'll still consider what I wrote earlier as insults. But trust me, I'm not insulting you. I'm insulting us -all of us- Nigerians. I have absolutely nothing to gain by insulting you alone.

Peace
Re: 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! by Imokay: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
3Dimension: Our problems are not imported They are made in Nigeria

Kokoro tin jefo idi efo lowa

11years!!!!

Including 5 years of Jonathan go-slow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage / Boko Haram: Chad Withdraws Troops From Nigeria To Cameroon / El-Rufai Breaks Fast With Christian Leaders Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.