Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. (1358 Views)

Why I Didn’t Call GEJ After Chibok Girls Were Abducted By Boko Haram — Borno Gov / Boko Haram: 50 Lawyers To Storm The Hague For Prosecution Of Sheriff, Ihejirika / Australian Negotiator Insists Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika Sponsor Boko Haram - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Noneroone(m): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Boko Haram: Borno residents condemn
plans to denigrate ex-Governor Sheriff

By Ameh Comrade Godwin on August 30,
2014@dailypostngr
Residents of Maiduguri, the Borno state
capital have said that, reports going round
linking former governor of the state, Ali
Modu Sheriff and Ex-military chief, General
Ihiejirika with the Islamic sect, Boko Haram
was politics in action. They have called the
Ex-governor and the former military chief to
sue for defamation of character.
According to some residents, Boko Haram
did not begin when the ex-governor came
to power, adding that the sect activities
began in the northeast long before General
Ihiejirika became the army chief, and that as
such, they could not establish an link or
relationship between the ex-governor, the
Army chief and Boko Haram in the ensued
political play by the opposition APC.
Speaking on the publications and news
aired by the Borno Radio Television, BRTV,
Mallam Hussaini Sani observed that, this is
politics in play. According to him, the
Austrialian Negotiator, Stephen Davis did not
mention any name in his interview with ABC
News in Australia, as such there is no
connection between that interview and
what El-Rufai posted on his Facebook page,
except for some political mischief.
“If I were in the shoes of Ali Modu Sheriff or
General Ihiejirika I would sue both the
Borno state governor, Kashim Shettima and
El-Rufai because the story was celebrated in
a state television, BRTV which goes to tell
you that they are doing the bidding of the
state governor.
Why didn’t NTA carry the report as such?
This Austrailian Man was in BRTV. He did not
call anyone’s name. If I were him I will sue
anybody that link my interview with a
massage from El-Rufai.
Another resident, Mr. Ishaku Duniya, a civil
servant said, our problem in Maiduguri now
is how to have peace. Many people cannot
sleep well now for fear of uncertainty and
some people are trying to create more
problems. “I think these are the enemies of
the common man.” He said.
Speaking on the issue, he said, ” This white
man granted an interview in Australia, far
away and El-Rufai posted a different thing
on his Facebook page. If you read the
Australian interview, he said, the sponsors
of Boko Haram are in the opposition party.
Now, El-Rufai is in the opposition, perhaps
one of the sponsors according to the former
Army Chief.
“Celebrating it in a state TV tells you that
whoever pays the piper dictates the tune.
There are many political questions to this for
those with the knowledge of politics and
disaster, but we are not interested in their
games, we want peace. To me, everyone in
power is a sponsor since these Boko Haram
members have been killing and advancing
from one town, village and local government
to another without being challenged. The
poor man is in trouble but God will rise to
our Defence.” He said.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/30/boko-haram-borno-residents-condemn-plans-denigrate-ex-governor-sheriff/?wt=2

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Youceee: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rubbish grin
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
JAIL ihejirika NOW!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiageli, hope you see the reckless comment by your party stalwarts.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
TribalEAST: JAIL ihejirika NOW!

Did you read the report or you just manufacture that comment from your brain?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by SUBMARINE: 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2014

After OBJ has faced firing squad for Zaki Ibiam and Odi

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by SUBMARINE: 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord: Obiageli, hope you see the reckless comment by your party stalwarts.

That muslim yoruba boy who hates Christians with passion.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
SUBMARINE:

What ya mean plz
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by SUBMARINE: 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

What ya mean plz

Obiagelli is a muslim yoruba boy cool

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
SUBMARINE:

even if I believe muslim and yoruba, her post here don't seem like that of a male
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by SUBMARINE: 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

even if I believe muslim and yoruba, her post here don't seem like that of a male

He is good at deception

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord: Obiageli, hope you see the reckless comment by your party stalwarts.
is davis an Apc member?
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
SUBMARINE:

SUBMARINE:

wetin i no go read for this forum? You dey find ban abi? Keep breaking forum rules.
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
is davis an Apc member?

Maybe I should believe that submarine guy, wth is davis, is El rufai not APC member or you dint read the post?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

Maybe I should believe that submarine guy, wth is davis, is El rufai not APC member or you dint read the post?
maybe you should go and read the interview properly on thisday newspaper. I blame nairaland for killing that story.
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by SUBMARINE: 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
See my proof below

brownlord:

Topic I caught him

Politics / Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Obiagelli(f): 5:23pm

Obiagelli:
You should tell this to the power minister. I am a farmer, all i care about is results, but the minister telling blatant lies about sabotage by the opposition to cover up is totally unacceptable.

Btw are the pipelines safe now?
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by iheanyi40(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
SUBMARINE: See my proof below

Topic I caught him

Politics / Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Obiagelli(f): 5:23pm

can't she b a farmer ? Abi na onle males go b farmers
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
iheanyi40: can't she b a farmer ? Abi na onle males go b farmers
you dey mind the village boy.
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
SUBMARINE: See my proof below

Topic I caught him

Because of the farmer? Haba anybody can be a farmer now.

I know she/he is into poultry, pinshure of obiageli being a male and muslim yoruba or I don't believe
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

Because of the farmer? Haba anybody can be a farmer now.

I know she/he is into poultry, pinshure of obiageli being a male and muslim yoruba or I don't believe
you self don dey put he/she, chai i don suffer.
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Noneroone(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
Why?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
you self don dey put he/she, chai i don suffer.

dem no dey know finish na
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Plain Rubbish. Its now that the world knows SAS is a sponsor of Boko haram. We in Maiduguri its an old news. So sit tight..
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by mike404(m): 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

OBIAGELLI NA CORRECT EDO MAN
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by brownlord: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
mike404: OBIAGELLI NA CORRECT EDO MAN

Tar, If I hear am, which kind edo
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by AmandaMustapha(f): 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
“ We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who will harm us” these were the words of Winston Churchill. This is what the men in the armed forces have been doing for us everyday of their lives and most especially in recent years in Northern Nigeria. As we loose our civilian brothers and sisters we are also loosing them in the armed forces whether a commissioned officer or a soldier, we as a nation have forgotten to mourn and honor them. We like many people have friends and loved ones keeping to their oath of protecting this nation in that part of the country. So we have come up with a way for us as a nation to honor our fallen, through a website called www.nigerianfallenheroes.com please visit this website to see those that have laid their lives so you can honor them (this can be done by leaving a simple message, poems, quotes anything you are comfortable with on the memorial wall). If you know an officer or a soldier that has laid his life in northern Nigeria in recent times please send the following information to nigerianfallenheroes@gmail.com so we might upload it on to the website (1) a picture of the person preferably in uniform (2) name, rank and service number (3) where and when he died. Please pass this on to as many as you can. Let us honor our fallen heroes and let us tell their families we know and appreciate their sacrifices. Thank you. Signed: Patron
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
mike404: OBIAGELLI NA CORRECT EDO MAN
chai, edo again.
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
brownlord:

Tar, If I hear am, which kind edo
me hia go di eh (oza nogogo) grin you will be amazed how many languages i speak.
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by size38: 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
The statement from these group of Bornu residents sounds political and looked as if they were paid to say this
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Residents Condemn Plans To Denigrate Sheriff, Ihejirika. by hakanai(m): 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
I am from Borno and it will be unfair at the moment unless if it is something we are not aware of that the former COAS will want to support the insurgents. I felt the former COAS could have done more. But like we all know it may have being tired to logistics and encouragement. He did well with in his means and I fault GEJ for removing the duo of CDS and COAS in the midst of such a crisis.It was premature and badly timed.
Also I think his short comings then was the political climate that bedevils the nation. Where all parties are out to make each other look bad even where the citizens are dying. You see PDP being nonchalant and APC making too much noise. About Sheriff he is a BH patron. It makes me wonder why after the number of people and years of accusation of his involvement PDP led FGN continues to patronize the fool. Sheriff fled Maiduguri for months to avoid the youths who accuse him of involvement. His key allies in Maiduguri were mostly not lucky. Now he keeps getting FGN protection and endorsement. Particularly the airport opening issue was a sure shocker! Because he is promising PDP Borno they have swept all under the carpet.It goes to shows just how the politicians continue to hinder the successful quashing of the insurgency.
The former COAS recorded more successes than the people in power now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Typical Nigerian Mentality / Jonathan Cannot Win 2015 Election — Asari Dokubo / Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.