Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. (776 Views)

What's The First Thing That Attracts You To The Opposite Sex? / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Have A Problem With Being 'Friends With Benefits'? / Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
So, I see that this seems to be a very polarizing topic here on the boards.

I thought it would be interesting to poll everybody's opinions and start a discussion. I always found this to be an interesting topic, maybe partially because I'm not like most guys. I actually am capable of being friends
with women, even if I do think they are attractive. (Important note: By
saying they are attractive, I don't
mean that I want to go out with
them, I simply mean I can
acknowledge that they are a
physically attractive person.)

And NO, I am not one of those guys who just hangs around unavailable women hoping they become available and we can get together.

If I am just friends with a gal, I am JUST FRIENDS with her.
Furthermore, if I like a girl
and want to be more then friends,I
either try to ask her out or I move on.

But, again, I'm not exactly like your typical guy, so I am never sure if I am just weird, or if it is perfectly normal.
My personal opinion has always been that it is perfectly fine for men and women to be friends as long as it isn't a situation where one of them really just wants to be more than friends and the other doesn't. As
long as both of them understand and are happy with their status, I don't see why it is a problem.

Of course, if one or both of them are in a relationship, there are important boundaries that need to be respected, but I still don't see it being an issue.

So, what are your thoughts?
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by lirusehn(m): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
calling on headache for no reason.undecided

Go ask Temigracie cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by spanzed(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Or make u ask mariole...as for me no big deals 2 be frends with a girl,,when we are frends we are frends nothing much nothing less.. cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by daryoor(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
all girls are selfish especially the attractive ones.
how well do dey reciprocate favours.

if u really belive say dem be FRIEND you are on a long thing.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
daryoor: all girls are selfish especially the attractive ones.
how well do dey reciprocate favours.

if u really belive say dem be FRIEND you are on a long thing.
So you mean it's either you've something romantic going on with a girl, or it's nothing. That is you can't be friends with a girl.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
spanzed: Or make u ask mariole...as for me no big deals 2 be frends with a girl,,when we are frends we are frends nothing much nothing less.. cool
I understand.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by daryoor(m): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
RuudNisterooy: So you mean it's either you've something romantic going on with a girl, or it's nothing. That is you can't be friends with a girl.

yes o, those that consider me a friend me know say dem no be 'ryde or die' so i know say na friendship of convenience.

one more thing, i will never be friend zoned, its either u love me or leave me alone.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Tymax(m): 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
I can be friends with ladies. No big deal. I'm a very friendly guy. But once I want more than friendship from a chic and she refuses ah, bye bye to friendship. I won't deceive myself cos it won't work.

I have a number of friends who are ladies. No strings attached.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nofin wrong most f my friends r guys even my closest friend whom I gossip wit is a guy, he just wedded nd I travelled all the way to support him. So deres nofin wrong cos I am only comfy around guys
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by otunbakhakiz: 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
As for me, its nt bad bt 80% of my female frnds cut across my trap. 50% sex, 20% romance only 10% kiss only. That's y I find it dificult to blv any lady sayin I love male frnd and u wl b smart to outsmart everyone of them.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
It doesn't really seem most ladies have any qualms with having guys as friends. The problem is mostly with guys.
rozzay: Nofin wrong most f my friends r guys even my closest friend whom I gossip wit is a guy, he just wedded nd I travelled all the way to support him. So deres nofin wrong cos I am only comfy around guys

Lol. We'll have to draw a pie chart for this your female percentiles.
otunbakhakiz: As for me, its nt bad bt 80% of my female frnds cut across my trap. 50% sex, 20% romance only 10% kiss only. That's y I find it dificult to blv any lady sayin I love male frnd and u wl b smart to outsmart everyone of them
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
RuudNisterooy: It doesn't really seem most ladies have any qualms with having guys as friends. The problem is mostly with guys.

I guess so
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tymax: I can be friends with ladies. No big deal. I'm a very friendly guy. But once I want more than friendship from a chic and she refuses ah, bye bye to friendship. I won't deceive myself cos it won't work.

I have a number of friends who are ladies. No strings attached.
@Bolded, i do that only when i'd no other motive than asking her out from the onset.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Medunah: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Its no biggie but most of my frnds for now are females though One thing i notice about d few guys dat re my frnds is dat dey keep in touch no matter what unlike girls who wnt call/txt if u dnt and girls can beeef/gossip......so its better to be frnds with guys than girls
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
Medunah: Its no biggie but most of my frnds for now are females though One thing i notice about d few guys dat re my frnds is dat dey keep in touch no matter what unlike girls who wnt call/txt if u dnt and girls can beeef/gossip......so its better to be frnds with guys than girls
True, what you've written.

@the Bolded, guys lead the most carefree lives. It's a pity I can't say the same for MOST of the female folk. Girls will beef themselves for no reason. Until they turn green in the face when they are together.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by danchuzzy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
RuudNisterooy: It doesn't really seem most ladies have any qualms with having guys as friends. The problem is mostly with guys.

#seconded!

back t d topic....

it's actually no biggy. So far u define ur boundaries and understandingly know ur limits.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
danchuzzy:

#seconded!

back t d topic....

it's actually no biggy. So far u define ur boundaries and understandingly know ur limits.
Re: Your Thoughts On Being Friends With The Opposite Sex. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
[size15pt] Be wise..!
Friends with benefits is the best.
Benefit 1: When she wants to hug u, Just take stlye and squize her brreast

Benefit 2: When she wants to whisper something to your ear, Just take style and kiss her jhor.

Benefit 3: When she is bathing just[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Should A Lady Propose Marriage? / Father Advice To Son / 20 Epic Marriage Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.