Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? (2705 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Have A Problem With Being 'Friends With Benefits'? / Reasons Men Avoid Being Friends With Women!!! / 6 Reasons Why Being Friends With Your Ex Probably Won't Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by DiplomaticG(m): 6:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen which do u think is better?
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 6:41am On Dec 11, 2013
Friends. That ay you get to see if you can tolerate the person
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 6:58am On Dec 11, 2013
To each his own.There are some ppl once you become friends,they dont even look at you as a relationship material even if u have all the qualities they are looking for in their partner and some too get scared things might go wrong and they might loose you so they maintain the friendship and keep it strictly friendship so sometimes putting urself in the friends zone can be a bit dangerous while some too are comfortable with dating their friends so it differs from everyone.

1 Like

Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 7:03am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: To each his own.There are some ppl once you become friends,they dont even look at you as a relationship material even if u have all the qualities they are looking for in their partner and some too get scared things might go wrong and they might loose you so they maintain the friendship and keep it strictly friendship so sometimes putting urself in the friends zone can be a bit dangerous while some too are comfortable with dating their friends so it differs from everyone.
You van always all out of the friendzone by making what you want known to the person and you want nothing else. Even in the process of being friends, you can drop subtle hints of what you want so the friendship is romantically inclined
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 7:10am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
You van always all out of the friendzone by making what you want known to the person and you want nothing else. Even in the process of being friends, you can drop subtle hints of what you want so the friendship is romantically inclined
I think making ur intention known from the initial begining is the best so that the person knws what you are in for from the word go.Dropping hints,not everyone might see the hints and also sometimes by the time you finish dropping the hints someone would have carried her away.

1 Like

Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: I think making ur intention known from the initial begining is the best so that the person knws what you are in for from the word go.Dropping hints,not everyone might see the hints and also sometimes by the time you finish dropping the hints someone would have carried her away.
And how do you know you want to date a person without getting to know his/her character? I dont know about you but if I get in a relationship it anyone, I do it with the aim that she is a possible future partner, I dont have time to experiment neither do I date to fill some void so I like to know who I am getting with before I make any move

1 Like

Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 7:30am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
And how do you know you want to date a person without getting to know his/her character? I dont know about you but if I get in a relationship it anyone, I do it with the aim that she is a possible future partner, I dont have time to experiment neither do I date to fill some void so I like to know who I am getting with before I make any move
Same here but what i'm saying is let the person knw you are interested in her from the word go before you start with the frienship thing.Dating your friend doesnt guarantee a successful relationship cos friendship is way different from a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 7:33am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: Same here but what i'm saying is let the person knw you are interested in her from the word go before you start with the frienship thing.Dating your friend doesnt guarantee a successful relationship cos friendship is way different from a relationship.
Which is why I said even from the start, you already make something known. You compliment romantically and do everything short of asking him/her out while you study the person.

Dating a friend is actually a lot easier than a stranger cos you know what and what not to expect
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Enegod(m): 7:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Being friends first means being last on her
who she wants to date list.
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 7:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Which is why I said even from the start, you already make something known. You compliment romantically and do everything short of asking him/her out while you study the person.

Dating a friend is actually a lot easier than a stranger cos you know what and what not to expect
What to expect and what not to expect?Human beings are full of surprises and never assume you knw somebody enough cos you can cohabit with someone for many years and u might not know who the person really is.Dropping romantics compliments doesnt make ur intention known.And wait ooo,which one is romantic compliments?Examples pleaseeee
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 7:46am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: What to expect and what not to expect?Human beings are full of surprises and never assume you knw somebody enough cos you can cohabit with someone for many years and u might not know who the person really is.Dropping romantics compliments doesnt make ur intention known.And wait ooo,which one is romantic compliments?Examples pleaseeee
People can surprise you but you can get out most gray areas. But if a total strange rocks your boat, have fun.
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 7:48am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
People can surprise you but you can get out most gray areas. But if a total strange rocks your boat, have fun.

examples of romatic compliments pleaseeesadsad
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 8:01am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: examples of romatic compliments pleaseeesadsad
I am not romantic so how will I know?
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by sweettease(f): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2013
All diz frnd ish isn't fun jor, i won't deny its advantages but d risk of a sharper dude beating you to it is high. The fresh start thng is adventurous and you don't risk ruining a good friendship, on the contrary, you create another.
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 8:10am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am not romantic so how will I know?
Ermmmm,am i so suppose to believe that?
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by mascot87(m): 8:10am On Dec 11, 2013
I don't know how to be a friend with a girl and remain as such but end up dating them
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: Ermmmm,am i so suppose to believe that?
your choice
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 8:13am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
your choice
Whateverundecided
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by sweettease(f): 8:15am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:

This will just push you deeper into the friend zone, feeding her ego so she can use d confidence on another dude.

Lik popowa said, dis is only to an extent and not even in all cases. A dude creating friendship cos he wants a relationship will be on his best behaviour, and if d gal realizes dis and wants the guy, she will do d same. The frndship thng works for neutral friends who fall in love not those psuedo friendship thng.
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 8:21am On Dec 11, 2013
sweet-tease:

This will just push you deeper into the friend zone, feeding her ego so she can use d confidence on another dude.

Lik popowa said, dis is only to an extent and not even in all cases. A dude creating friendship cos he wants a relationship will be on his best behaviour, and if d gal realizes dis and wants the guy, she will do d same. The frndship thng works for neutral friends who fall in love not those psuedo friendship thng.
Well I guess you prefer to keep experimenting. Not my problem too.

Why be stuck there when if I ask her out and she says no, I can take to stepping?
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Well I guess you prefer to keep experimenting. Not my problem too.

Why be stuck there when if I ask her out and she says no, I can take to stepping?
I dont understand why yo think not dating a friend means experimenting
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: I dont understand why yo think not dating a friend means experimenting
You have a friend who you know and you like and would hit it off with but would rather date another guy you dont know crap about.
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Olugbenger(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2013
Let me ask 190 first.
I just got 'heat'

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Popowaa: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
You have a friend who you know and you like and would hit it off with but would rather date another guy you dont know crap about.
Chillsmileysmileysmileyto each his ownwink
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by sweettease(f): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Popowaa: I dont understand why yo think not dating a friend means experimenting
shocked You took dat ryt out of my mouth keypads.

Mynd_44:
Dats wat am saying, if we were neutral frnds at first and d feelings startd growing at a point, fine, i like dat; but starting a friendship cos of the feelings and hoping to know d person, dats false friendshp dat will put both parties on their best behaviour.
Btw d fact dat you weren't friends doesn't mean you met him and agreed to date him same day.
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Freeopod(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2013
Why being friends first when you ain't interested in being a friend
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2013
sweet-tease:

shocked You took dat ryt out of my mouth keypads.

Dats wat am saying, if we were neutral frnds at first and d feelings startd growing at a point, fine, i like dat; but starting a friendship cos of the feelings and hoping to know d person, 1. dats false friendshp dat will put both parties on their best behaviour.
2. Btw d fact dat you weren't friends doesn't mean you met him and agreed to date him same day.
1. If you see a guy you like and he walks up to you, although you might front a little but wont you be on you best behaviour so he does not walk away?. The best way to get to know a person is not to come with the idea of dating. It distorts everything and means you taking a jump without looking

2. What has been my point? You already know within you you wanna date her but you dont even try to hit it off but you get to know her first. A couple of dates, some talks to see how she thinks and reacts to some situations. Call me a control freak but I like knowing what I am getting it.

Well it is what I will do and why am I debating this with girls sef? It's not like you ask guys out. Even if you have, it would be a guy you are already friends with
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by UjSizzle(f): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2013
Some are more comfortable with being pals first, and some won't be caught dead dating their friend undecided To each his own. But i'd advise friendship first, only to the extent that you both learn what makes the other tick, and that you make it clear from the onset what your intentions are--she needs to see you as the guy who wants more than friendship. Don't let her too comfortable or you risk being friendzoned.
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by sweettease(f): 9:30am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
1. If you see a guy you like and he walks up to you, although you might front a little but wont you be on you best behaviour so he does not walk away?. The best way to get to know a person is not to come with the idea of dating. It distorts everything and means you taking a jump without looking

2. What has been my point? You already know within you you wanna date her but you dont even try to hit it off but you get to know her first. A couple of dates, some talks to see how she thinks and reacts to some situations. Call me a control freak but I like knowing what I am getting it.

Well it is what I will do and why am I debating this with girls sef? It's not like you ask guys out. Even if you have, it would be a guy you are already friends with
1. Dat was never an option, meetn d guy and accepting a proposal on d same day. Who does dat?

2. This has actually deviated from d question of being friends first cos what you described is actually hitting it. You described the period between meeting and accepting or rejecting to start a relationshp, for some, it takes longer but d whole friendship thng is a totally different ballgame.

We are telling you what we want now, be there forming friendship grin
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 9:32am On Dec 11, 2013
sweet-tease:

1. Dat was never an option, meetn d guy and accepting a proposal on d same day. Who does dat?

2. This has actually deviated from d question of being friends first cos what you described is actually hitting it. You described the period between meeting and accepting or rejecting to start a relationshp, for some, it takes longer but d whole friendship thng is a totally different ballgame.

We are telling you want we want now, be there forming friendship grin
Do I look like I am with the bone head guys who come here to complain about not knowing what girls want?

If I do me and you say no, I walk away. I am timeless
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by sweettease(f): 9:45am On Dec 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Do I look like I am with the bone head guys who come here to complain about not knowing what girls want?

If I do me and you say no, I walk away. I am timeless
Kai! Where is your funny bone? I said dat on a lighter note, wat i want isn't necessarily wat other gals want, we are talkn about wat works for diff individuals. You too serious jor tongue
Re: Being Friends 1st Or Hitting It Immediately. Which Is Better? by Mynd44: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2013
sweet-tease:

Kai! Where is your funny bone? I said dat on a lighter note, wat i want isn't necessarily wat other gals want, we are talkn about wat works for diff individuals. You too serious jor tongue
tonguetonguetonguetongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Husband For Marrage / I Can't Keep Calm... / Why You Should Have A Pot Belly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.