Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl (72559 Views)

The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl / The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl / Confessions Of A Fat Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
LMFAO!!!! Funny thread. Some people are e-toasting, some are e-fighting while the remaining are e-bashing fat/slim chicks. It is well cheesy

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hi. I replied your mail. Sorry it came late.

ccollins:
sent a request. Pm me your email. Let's talk better
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by ccollins(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
peppyluv02:
Hi. I replied your mail. Sorry it came late.

I saw it but you did not mail back after my last msg
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2014
handysuzy:
Saw this post on Linda Ikeji's blog and thought to share it here

[img]http://3.bp..com/-UngH6PfVwtk/VAWZFrVDXXI/AAAAAAADdlM/KAFtaNirFAA/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

Article written by Jennifer Ogoo Okolo. Enjoy...

"The Fat girl ends up miserable year after year. The society has neglected the fuller woman. This has resulted to fat girls feeling depressed, left-out and downcast. The average big lady spends most of their years in solitude, angry at themselves, the society and even their shadow. Many are being laugh at, ridiculed, jilted, abused and sent back indoors where they are depressed and even get fatter. The society is such a big nightmare for this group of people which is saddening."

When they go for shopping which is a very beautiful and fun experience for almost every lady. But for the fat girl, it’s a rather sober experience. In many cases, sizes are deceptive to the extent that a size 12 dress will be tagged size 18. She has to through every cloth in the store before she finds what fits her. Sometimes, she ends up not seeing any flattering outfit. Again, the sadness begins.

Then she turns to her tailor to make a good dress for her. A beautifully styled dress she saw in a magazine page. The tailor makes it, it’s still not flattering. Sarcastically, the tailor says, “I find it difficult sewing for fat girls, it is too hard”. Again, the sadness begins.

Her soon-to-be-married best friend calls, “Wendy, will you be one of my bridesmaids”? “Don’t answer of course you will”. She is excited.“Will call you up later so we go choose the dresses with the other girls”. Her heart drops. Shopping bridesmaids with the other girls, she knows will be a huge nightmare because she is the “fat girl”. While shopping, The saleslady says, "We don't have your size, so here's the biggest we do have," and she gives it a try. Of course, it never fits. Her underarm fat is spilling over, her back fat is folding over the waist, and she can't get the thing to slip over her butt. But it looks beautiful on everyone else! And she is left feeling guilty for being more than a handful. Again, the sadness begins.

At NYSC orientation camp. The fat girl is handed her dress bag. She opens it. The kaki trouser is as small as a size 6’s whereas she is a size 18. “Ma’am, dis kaki is too small for me, can I get a larger size”, she says to the platoon mistress. The lady murmurs, “Exchange with someone else”. (lol, we’ve all experienced this). And she looks around, no one has her size. Most of other corpers, she may ask will reply saying, “NOO!!! I no carry orobo size”. Everyone laughs at her. Again, the sadness begins.

Every fat lady go through post-traumatic dress disorder. It is the condition that occurs when a person, usually female, feels disappointed and traumatized while leaving a clothing store. It could happen when she views old photographs and asks herself "What the hell was I wearing" It could also be the traumatic stress she feels between the moment she post a picture on the Internet and the moment somebody likes it or responds. Fat people go through this stress all the time and the society is not being fair at all. 80% of Heart-related illnesses which fat people suffer are because they spend most of their years depressed, not just about their size but because of social prejudicial.
op na lie oooo.Yoruba men love women wey dey very very very fat.dat is the woman go dey so fAT she no go even fit pass thru doorway.The fatter a woman the more a yoruba guy love her grin.So to all orobo for here wey dey look 4 husband i go suggest make una try yoruba land coz dere lots of yoruba guys lookin 4 orobo wives grin.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by adimloaded(f): 12:53am On Dec 16, 2014
I wish to remain de way i am because it mks me beautiful n attractive in de sights of evryone,it gives me joy dat ppl admirer my size so much n dats one of de reasons i tnk God everyday...........i used to be very sad bf because sm ppl calls me olobo so i started to starve myself to reduce weight n den one day i failed sick due to too much tinkn on hw to reduce my weight n after de sickness i became so thin dat de ppl who no me bf did not recognized me again n i was hpy dat at last i hv slim down but de same ppl cam back again n starts telln me dat de way am lookn is not good dat i shld try n add a little weight,dats wn i no dat in dis world nver to mind de mouths of ppl (dey must say smtin abt u whether u r slim or fat) de main tin is just be urself n tnk God de way he made u,u r just one of a kind,if u try to look like smone else who den will look like u? Am back to my real self n i dnt hv any course for alarm or question God because am wonderfully n fearfully made by him.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Longstride: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2014
Mutuwa:
undecided
Its sad..bt sha na so d almighty create them.

bullshit.
fatness is due to eating more energy than you burn.
A fat person can become thin.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Mutuwa(m): 12:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Longstride:

bullshit.
fatness is due to eating more energy than you burn.
A fat person can become thin.

Cow dung!
Let em become thin nah!
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Longstride: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mutuwa:

Cow dung!
Let em become thin nah!

I'm living example.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Mutuwa(m): 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
Longstride:

I'm living example.

Thats fantastic...happy for u. smiley
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by A40(m): 12:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Nothing wrong with being fat just try to be active and avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Although a lot of girls out there na afowofa make them fat! But we love em like that anyway
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by DavidEsq(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
handysuzy:

One cannot question God. I really pity them.
where they questioning God when they where busy gulping down every dish within looking distance? or when "buy me did, buy me that" was their favourite song and ringtone? pls learn to take responsibility. I'm getting overweight because I got hit by a bike while jogging early in the morning, but I have to live past my traumatic experience.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by DavidEsq(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
adimloaded:
I wish to remain de way i am because it mks me beautiful n attractive in de sights of evryone,it gives me joy dat ppl admirer my size so much n dats one of de reasons i tnk God everyday...........i used to be very sad bf because sm ppl calls me olobo so i started to starve myself to reduce weight n den one day i failed sick due to too much tinkn on hw to reduce my weight n after de sickness i became so thin dat de ppl who no me bf did not recognized me again n i was hpy dat at last i hv slim down but de same ppl cam back again n starts telln me dat de way am lookn is not good dat i shld try n add a little weight,dats wn i no dat in dis world nver to mind de mouths of ppl (dey must say smtin abt u whether u r slim or fat) de main tin is just be urself n tnk God de way he made u,u r just one of a kind,if u try to look like smone else who den will look like u? Am back to my real self n i dnt hv any course for alarm or question God because am wonderfully n fearfully made by him.
Yet you deliberately avoided putting ur pix. So much for being proud of yourself. #justsayingsha.
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by lifedynamics: 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
marieolae:
Its sad. But I dnt see anything in trying to loose weight, instead of swimming in depression. Its just being healthy really. Nobody Is saying they should be skinny, but really, if they want to live longer..they should get more active.

Abii ooo... Nice one jarey. If you're fat go and exercise na grin...ahan girls are more shallow cause they discriminate guys height (which can't be altered) but guys discriminate weight which can be lost in 3 months and guys are the shallow ones undecided
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by newslifeop: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
Growing pains

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Ladies Engage In Free Car Wash Services In Calabar. Photos / My Landlords Wife Is Tempting Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.