Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,146 members, 7,953,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:14 PM

Marriage Material - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Material (2036 Views)

Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Are Not Marriage Material / 50 Pure Signs To Know She Not A Marriage Material, Guys Only! / No Good Girl Or "marriage Material" In Owerri Town! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Material by nalijah07(f): 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2008
There is this morning show on the radio, where the male host gives woman relationship advice. He said the other day that a man knows THE VERY FIRST TIME he lays eyes on you what his plans are for you. He says that he knows in that instant if he is looking at you for marriage material, to be in a commited relationship, or just to have sex.

Men do you find this to be true?
Re: Marriage Material by nalijah07(f): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2008
I would think that a person would have to get to know you first before making that decision - don't you? What was this man really talking about. Can you explain it?
Re: Marriage Material by DavidDylan(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2008
nalijah07:

There is this morning show on the radio, where the male host gives woman relationship advice. He said the other day that a man knows THE VERY FIRST TIME he lays eyes on you what his plans are for you. He says that he knows in that instant if he is looking at you for marriage material, to be in a commited relationship, or just to have sex.

Absolutely true. Men make decisions regarding women basically with regard to what they see. Its not just what a man sees on the outside, its also what he "sees" based on your demeanor.

Once you set eyes on a woman you pretty much know if she's in any of these groups:
- for sex only
- potential marriage material
Re: Marriage Material by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2008
Just by looking?

What of interacting verbally, you know, conversation etc
Re: Marriage Material by spikedcylinder: 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2008
I hear people say it all the time "They knew immediately they set eyes on her that she was the one". Crap!

In the end, if you probe further, you'll find that there are usually a lot of "ones" before they get married. . . . .somewhat depending on the man's pocket size though. undecided
Re: Marriage Material by sistawoman: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2008
spikedcylinder:

I hear people say it all the time "They knew immediately they set eyes on her that she was the one". Crap!

In the end, if you probe further, you'll find that there are usually a lot of "ones" before they get married. . . . .somewhat depending on the man's pocket size though. undecided

I think you are confussing the two.

What the poster is asking the men is how can you tell by looking at a woman if she is marriage potential or just a jump off.

I am really interested in the answers to this. What says marriage potential when you "look" at a woman.
Re: Marriage Material by spikedcylinder: 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2008
sistawoman:

What the poster is asking the men is how can you tell by looking at a woman if she is marriage potential or just a jump off.

I am really interested in the answers to this.  What says marriage potential when you "look" at a woman.

No darl, I know what I'm talking about. Where have you been by the way? Missed ya! tongue

She said :

He says that he knows in that instant if he is looking at you for marriage material, to be in a commited relationship, or just to have sex.

My reference to "the one" deals with this. A guy sees many "a one" but needs to take a notch further (and this entails so many things dependent on the guy) before they become one. Understand now? smiley
Re: Marriage Material by Emperoh(m): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2008
A totally warped postulation. . . . .
What of the circumstances tha you met?
You never even talk to the babe?

Thats a one off as far as am concerned.
Re: Marriage Material by nalijah07(f): 4:00am On Oct 28, 2008
@ DavidDylan

You sound EXACTLY like the radio announcer!.But if that is true, that means your decision in purely visual??
Re: Marriage Material by DavidDylan(m): 4:09am On Oct 28, 2008
nalijah07:

@ DavidDylan

You sound EXACTLY like the radio announcer!.But if that is true, that means your decision in purely visual??

are u sure i'm not the announcer in disguise? grin

A man's decision is not purely visual but to be honest visuals plays a very important part. I will only approach a woman if i think she is physically appealing, it doesnt matter how good her character is.

Besides there are a lot of things you can "see" in a woman that isnt necessarily physical. Her emeanour, sense of humor, her smile, poise . . . they go a long way to letting you know whether she's worth the effort or not.
Re: Marriage Material by chika98: 4:56am On Oct 28, 2008
They say a man who knows what he wants won't even waste time to marry a girl he feels is the right one for him. Doesn't matter if he's only known her for a month or 2yrs That's what they say.
Re: Marriage Material by na2day2(m): 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2008
the statement is kinda true but really does not give the whole story. i believe women do the same but most definitely, men do it. lipsrsealed

nalijah07:

Re: Marriage Material by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 29, 2008
sistawoman:

I am really interested in the answers to this. What says marriage potential when you "look" at a woman.

You are right . . . I think thats what the poster means. Kind of what qualities in a woman makes her appear to be (on first sight) a marriage material, a serious r/ship or a sex partner.

It happens with women as well. Sometimes you meet a guy and you just feel like 'I'll like to be with the guy . . ' even without actually talking to him. Sometimes your instincts might end up being right, sometimes the whole thing will end up being a mistake.

I think it has a lot to do with looks, dressing, carriage/charisma and smile. These are superficial things and dont really count in marriage and long lasting r/ships. The only part they have to play is in the 'attraction' zone. But thats what brings two people together isnt it?
Re: Marriage Material by iice(f): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2008
Schmoo choooo
Marriage material ehen undecided
Yes you can 'assume' to know when one is a freak or a good girl.
However further inspection like spikey says doesn't always prove that initial assumption is right.

Never made the assumption of someone being marriage material. I have always said people are devious! grin grin
Re: Marriage Material by Tintin0011(m): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2008
Did I Just hear that some called me a Married Schmuck. Come to the land that I live in then you would know that you hold onto whatever God has given to a man like myself. Dont even go there. You appreciate not a single thing at all
Re: Marriage Material by MsLurker(f): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2008
I rather wait and see. People can only hold up the pretense for so long. I rather wait a long time instead of rushing and being mad that I did.
Re: Marriage Material by Exstar(f): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2008
@ Post,

I dont think anyone can conclude fi one is a mrriage material just by
their looks! It has to go further than that.

(1) (Reply)

Pride Ruins Life Regardless Of Status: Beware Mature Minds! / Naughty Mms / Sex And Kiss: Which Is The Right Show Of True Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.