Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,468 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" (83169 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
btoks:

Oh yes the CC believes this. Where it disagrees with you is where you think every Ola, Emeka & Danjuma can pick up the bible and erroneously interpret passages without historical context.
Without wanting to sound like a broken record, this is what has led to countless Christian Denominations, each believing it has the correct interpretation/doctrines.
Jesus set it up a particular way by creating a Church with the Holy Spirit to guide it. It is that church which has authority to bind and loose etc.

It is the God breathed 66 books God uses in showing us who the real Church is. We can know them by their fruits, are they holy?

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:21).
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
btoks:

Oh yes the CC believes this. Where it disagrees with you is where you think every Ola, Emeka & Danjuma can pick up the bible and erroneously interpret passages without historical context.
Without wanting to sound like a broken record, this is what has led to countless Christian Denominations, each believing it has the correct interpretation/doctrines.
Jesus set it up a particular way by creating a Church with the Holy Spirit to guide it. It is that church which has authority to bind and loose etc.

It is the God breathed 66 books God uses in showing us who the real Church is. We can know them by their fruits, are they holy? undecided

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:21).
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by InglishTeechar(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
pweedyuz:

e yaf d for dis ur post
if no one wants to answer ur post,,,it clearly mean dat ur talking jargons.

But you just replied me fool. Maybe others are scared knowing i speak nothing but the truth.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chysam: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
InglishTeechar:

But you just replied me fool. Maybe others are scared knowing i speak nothing but the truth.

Stop wasting your valueable time with these catholics.You don't expect less from cultists. They disown the bible and yet from quote from it. I have asked thousands of them to tell me which of the NT books/verses they agree with but no response till date. They put their hope and salvation in their Pope who is their VICAR FEII DEI. Meaning that same Jesus standing before you,tell him your problems because he too can forgive sins.What else would you discuss with a group who believe that their popes who probably must have had sex with women is sacred,holy and is the same Jesus above.Any catholic is 99% catholic and 100% vodoo!.

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by Weah96: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
chysam:

Any catholic is 99% catholic and 100% vodoo!.

Religion is 200% voodoo.

Human and animal sacrifices, monthly rituals in which cannibalism is symbolically glorified, oral communication with invisible entities, and invoking magic words for protection, are only a few ritual things that come to mind.

Catholics don't have to follow YOUR rituals to the letter. That's why they have their own church.

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chysam: 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
Weah96:

Religion is 200% voodoo.

Human and animal sacrifices, monthly rituals in which cannibalism is symbolically glorified, oral communication with invisible entities, and invoking magic words for protection, are only a few ritual things that come to mind.

Catholics don't have to follow YOUR rituals to the letter. That's why they have their own church.

You are absolutely right indeed.Afterall The church of Satan is also a church. Like you rightly asserted,catholic church have their own church and their own christ is the pope and not jesus the Nazareen.So in all honesty I agree with you.

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by btoks: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Going by your line of reason, you might as well say that the JW's, Mormons and other cults are justified in using their books to interpret the Bible. You don't need any traditional filter such as your church tradition if they contradict what's written in the Holy Scriptures what you need is an intimate relationship with the author of the Scriptures and it's only Him that can interpret it to you as you prayerfully read, study, meditate on it before you can begin to apply it to life situations.

"Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come" (John 16:13).

The apostles where guided into the truth and penned it down for us to peruse and study and to be guided by. The Church is built on this truth for on Christ the solid rock we stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

We've been over this before. JW and Mormons are new organisations with novel interpretations. Their organisations fail the test of Apostolic Succession. If the wish to interpret a certain way that's up to them. It doesn't mean that their views like yours have been believed by christians from early times.

The Synoptic gospels were penned anonymously, it was through tradition that the authors were identified.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by btoks: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The Word of God was not arrived at after disputes and debates. The Holy Spirit used holy men of God to pen down His Words and He did not leave it up to our own private interpretation. All the God breathed words were written close to the time they were uttered and not decades after as your church asserts.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20-21).

You keep saying the Jews rejected the NT. Who were the apostles God used in writing the NT, where they not Jews? The Septuagint was just an Hebrew translation of the OT into Greek as that was the language of the day. The so called church fathers that you base your faith are those who wrote decades after the event and they were far from the truth if they wrote anything contrary to the 66 books of the Bible. If the Roman catholic church followed what was written in the Holy Scriptures they would not be saying you believe anything that is not supported by Scriptures.
The books were not available at all churches at the same time and it is historical fact that the earliest NT book ( Probably Galatians, Thess or Mark) was written after 48AD. This is some time after the events up to 33AD.
I’m sure you’re aware that the majority of Jews still practice Judaism. Mentioned Septuagint as it included the deuterocanonicals.

Your doctrine of sola scriptura itself is not thought within the scriptures so I wonder where you got this teaching from!
The CC believes all the scriptures and you should remember that the same scriptures define the Church as the pillar & foundation of Truth. As I keep stating, the NT scriptures were written to the established church not the other way round.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
After Eden: God of Miracles (Na my papa oh!) cheesy

Find more After Eden cartoons at https://answersingenesis.org/media/cartoons/.

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
btoks:

We've been over this before. JW and Mormons are new organisations with novel interpretations. Their organisations fail the test of Apostolic Succession. If the wish to interpret a certain way that's up to them. It doesn't mean that their views like yours have been believed by christians from early times.

The Synoptic gospels were penned anonymously, it was through tradition that the authors were identified.

Where did you get the idea of apostolic successions, the Bible or your tradition? undecided

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2014
btoks:

The books were not available at all churches at the same time and it is historical fact that the earliest NT book ( Probably Galatians, Thess or Mark) was written after 48AD. This is some time after the events up to 33AD.
I’m sure you’re aware that the majority of Jews still practice Judaism. Mentioned Septuagint as it included the deuterocanonicals.

God made sure that the 66 inspired books got round to all the churches in due time and they were all written in close proximity of the event happening. This cannot be said about your deuterocanonicals.

btoks:

Your doctrine of sola scriptura itself is not thought within the scriptures so I wonder where you got this teaching from!
The CC believes all the scriptures and you should remember that the same scriptures define the Church as the pillar & foundation of Truth. As I keep stating, the NT scriptures were written to the established church not the other way round.

The true Christian Church takes Scriptures alone as their absolute authority and Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Saviour. They do not join issues. Can you say the same about your organisation, especially as your pope has come out publicly to deny the Word of God that the World started with a big bang and that we all evolved from molecule to mankind. All of you his adherents are supposed to take his words as infallible, no? undecided
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by btoks: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

God made sure that the 66 inspired books got round to all the churches in due time and they were all written in close proximity of the event happening. This cannot be said about your deuterocanonicals.

The true Christian Church takes Scriptures alone as their absolute authority and Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Saviour. They do not join issues. Can you say the same about your organisation, especially as your pope has come out publicly to deny the Word of God that the World started with a big bang and that we all evolved from molecule to mankind. All of you his adherents are supposed to take his words as infallible, no? undecided
weak argument you've got here. God made sure zzz. I wonder why there were disputes even within the 1st century about what books to be considered scriptures.
Anyway,are you a fundamentalist?what pope said does not go against the Scriptures. Do you know the creation story in Gen might be an allegory of what happened especially as people of the day were simple minded. If science finds some info it doesn't mean God isn't behind it in.This is why you need the church to guide you.
By the way,please let me know the true Christian Church you're referring to. And where you got the teaching of sola scriptura.
Oh yes Jesus is the Lord and Saviour. Totally agree.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by btoks: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Where did you get the idea of apostolic successions, the Bible or your tradition? undecided
Historical fact,not everything is recorded in the Bible nor is there any indication that every was to be recorded in the bible.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
btoks:

weak argument you've got here. God made sure zzz. I wonder why there were disputes even within the 1st century about what books to be considered scriptures.

Do you know the meaning of providence? The sovereign God saw to it that His Word got to His people and did not leave it to the game of chance. God doesn't play dice. He can even use the devil to achieve His aim.

btoks:

Anyway,are you a fundamentalist?what pope said does not go against the Scriptures. Do you know the creation story in Gen might be an allegory of what happened especially as people of the day were simple minded. If science finds some info it doesn't mean God isn't behind it in.This is why you need the church to guide you.

I know you are taught to believe whatever your pope says as your final authority, the reason you say that he is infallible in his pronouncements. Those who have the Word of God as their final authority would believe what is written in as certainty;

"For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it" (Exodus 20:11).

Even Peter whom you erroneously claim to be your first pope would obey God rather than man.

btoks:

By the way,please let me know the true Christian Church you're referring to. And where you got the teaching of sola scriptura.
Oh yes Jesus is the Lord and Saviour. Totally agree.

The true Christian Church are those who are called out of the world, who have been washed by the blood of the Lamb, those who have Jesus only as their Lord and Saviour and those who don't add to the finished work of Jesus on the Cross for their salvation. For Sola scriptura read 2 Tim 3:16.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
btoks:

Historical fact,not everything is recorded in the Bible nor is there any indication that every was to be recorded in the bible.

Nobody is claiming that everything is recorded in the Bible, what we are saying is that God's inspired Word is recorded in the Bible and He did not leave it up to human interpretation.

"The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" (Deuteronomy 29:29)
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by cabobongi(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2014
this is all about the roman catholic mary should be respected yes but the honour and worship is base on their doctrine so for giving birth to jesus christ what about the jehovah witness that says no hell and the bible say there is hell and heaven so we are blind spiritually and don't know what to do so we pray for God to open our eye so we know wat is true or false
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by nnatom: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Nobody is claim that everything is recorded in the Bible, what we are saying is that God's inspired Word is recorded in the Bible and He did not leave it up to human interpretation.

"The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" (Deuteronomy 29:29)

your first statement is true.nw wht is the bases of ur arguement then. and if I may asked if all are not recorded in the bible where are they recorded and how were they pass down.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by btoks: 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know the meaning of providence? The sovereign God saw to it that His Word got to His people and did not leave it to the game of chance. God doesn't play dice. He can even use the devil to achieve His aim.

I know you are taught to believe whatever your pope says as your final authority, the reason you say that he is infallible in his pronouncements. Those who have the Word of God as their final authority would believe what is written in as certainty;

"For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it" (Exodus 20:11).

Even Peter whom you erroneously claim to be your first pope would obey God rather than man.

The true Christian Church are those who are called out of the world, who have been washed by the blood of the Lamb, those who have Jesus only as their Lord and Saviour and those who don't add to the finished work of Jesus on the Cross for their salvation. For Sola scriptura read 2 Tim 3:16.

It might not have occured to you that the CC has one teaching, I don't think you get the same from all the sola scriptura denominations! BTW, the authority within the CC is scripture, sacred tradition and the teaching magisterium of the Church.
You are free to believe in a literal 6 days. Your problems arises if science proves otherwise. As mentioned before, the 6 days could be an allegory for the complexitiy of what happened. This is why the CC leaves the question of the actual events open but defines that God was the cause of whatever did happen as opposed to the atheistic view of chance.
You'll find the catholic view in the following link, http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-evolution.

As to your prove of sola scriptura, this was debunked in my previous response as below:
This passage is often used as prove of sola scriptura but is very wrong. Firstly, it says scripture is profitable not all sufficient.

Secondly from your logic I also read from the bible that [b]perseverance is all I need to be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing ( James 1:4). [/b]This is why you need the totality of church authority to make decisions, some sect might wake up tomorrow saying , you see it says it in the bible that all you need is perseverance!!

Thirdly, the passage you quote is taken well out of context – because the previous verses also talk about Timothy continuing in the things he has learnt from whom he had learned them and also scriptures which at this point would have been the OT.

How do you know that we should follow the bible and the bible alone? In your view who makes the decision when there is misinterpretation and opposing views on articles of christian faith?
Did you find your definition of the true christian church in your sola scriptura? And what church is this that meet your criteria?
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by Proffdada: 10:43am On Nov 06, 2014
one of their publication indicating their shrine

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2014
nnatom:

your first statement is true.nw wht is the bases of ur arguement then. and if I may asked if all are not recorded in the bible where are they recorded and how were they pass down.

All that you need for your salvation is recorded in the Bible. The Bible is Blessed Instruction Bringing Life Eternal. Can your church tradition bring you eternal life? undecided
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
btoks:

It might not have occured to you that the CC has one teaching, I don't think you get the same from all the sola scriptura denominations! BTW, the authority within the CC is scripture, sacred tradition and the teaching magisterium of the Church.

I understand that the RCC are united in their one teaching because your pope is infallible in his doctrine and is your reference point for the truth but the universal Church only has our Lord Jesus Christ and His infallible Word as our reference point and absolute authority.

btoks:

You are free to believe in a literal 6 days. Your problems arises if science proves otherwise. As mentioned before, the 6 days could be an allegory for the complexitiy of what happened. This is why the CC leaves the question of the actual events open but defines that God was the cause of whatever did happen as opposed to the atheistic view of chance.
You'll find the catholic view in the following link, http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-evolution.

As I asserted earlier that the Bible is our final authority not so called scientists. Real scientists will discover the will and word of God and then do good science. Below are answers to man's questions from the Bible supported by real scientists.

1.  Who created?------------God

2.  What was created?  ----All things

3.  How was it created?--- By His Power

4.  When was it created?—In the beginning

5.  How long did it take to Create?-- 6 days

Some top and highly qualified Hebrew scholars, who are called lexigraphers wrote in the most widely recognised Hebrew lexicons and dictionaries, published in the 20th century says that the creation days written in the book of Genesis are literal days.

Below is a partial list of scientists who believe in the Bible's account of creation as is recorded in the Bible and through their professional fields have come to the scientific conclusion that confirms the Bible's account:

Danny Faulkner         Ph.D.  Astronomy
John Byl                     Ph.D.  Astronomy
Tom Greene               Ph.D.  Astronomy
James Dire                 Ph.D.  Astrophysics
Dave Harrison            Ph.D. Astrophysics
Steven Boyd               Ph.D. Hebraic and Cognitive Studies
Floyd Nolen Jones     Th.D., Ph.D.  Author of Chronology of the Old Testament
Herb Hirt                    Ph.D.  Biblical Exposition
Robert Cole                Ph.D.  Semitic languages
Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon
Georgia Purdon          Ph.D. Molecular Genetics
Duane Gish                Ph.D. Biochemistry
David Menton            Ph.D. Cell Biology
Donald Chittick          Ph.D.  Physical Chemistry
Tom Greene              Ph.D.  Astronomy
Jason Lisle                Ph.D.  Astrophysics
Russell Humphreys   Ph.D  Physics
Don DeYoung            Ph.D.  Physics
Terry Mortenson       Ph.D. History of Geology
John baumgardner   Ph.D. Geophysics
Bob Compton            Ph.D. Physiology, DVM
Andy McIntosh         Ph.D.  Combustion Theory
John Johnson           Ph.D. Mathematics
Tommy Mitchel          M.D.
Andrew Snelling       Ph.D. Geology
Emil Silvestre           Ph.D. Geology
Esther Su                 Ph.D. Biochemistry
David DeWitt           Ph.D. Neuroscience

btoks:

As to your prove of sola scriptura, this was debunked in my previous response as below:

It is your choice if you choose to believe the words of faulty men over the written inspired Word of God.

btoks:

Did you find your definition of the true christian church in your sola scriptura? And what church is this that meet your criteria?

The Church is figuratively called the body of Christ. See 1 Cor. 12:27 https://www.nairaland.com/1984289/what-church

The Bible has all the answers to man's questions

[img]https://answersingenesis.org/media/cartoons/let-there-be-truth/the-best-evidence/[/img]
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I understand that the RCC are united in their one teaching because your pope is infallible in his doctrine and is your reference point for the truth but the universal Church only has our Lord Jesus Christ and His infallible Word as our reference point and absolute authority.

As I asserted earlier that the Bible is our final authority not so called scientists. Real scientists will discover the will and word of God and then do good science. Below are answers to man's questions from the Bible supported by real scientists.

1.  Who created?------------God

2.  What was created?  ----All things

3.  How was it created?--- By His Power

4.  When was it created?—In the beginning

5.  How long did it take to Create?-- 6 days

Some top and highly qualified Hebrew scholars, who are called lexigraphers wrote in the most widely recognised Hebrew lexicons and dictionaries, published in the 20th century says that the creation days written in the book of Genesis are literal days.

Below is a partial list of scientists who believe in the Bible's account of creation as is recorded in the Bible and through their professional fields have come to the scientific conclusion that confirms the Bible's account:

Danny Faulkner         Ph.D.  Astronomy
John Byl                     Ph.D.  Astronomy
Tom Greene               Ph.D.  Astronomy
James Dire                 Ph.D.  Astrophysics
Dave Harrison            Ph.D. Astrophysics
Steven Boyd               Ph.D. Hebraic and Cognitive Studies
Floyd Nolen Jones     Th.D., Ph.D.  Author of Chronology of the Old Testament
Herb Hirt                    Ph.D.  Biblical Exposition
Robert Cole                Ph.D.  Semitic languages
Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon
Georgia Purdon          Ph.D. Molecular Genetics
Duane Gish                Ph.D. Biochemistry
David Menton            Ph.D. Cell Biology
Donald Chittick          Ph.D.  Physical Chemistry
Tom Greene              Ph.D.  Astronomy
Jason Lisle                Ph.D.  Astrophysics
Russell Humphreys   Ph.D  Physics
Don DeYoung            Ph.D.  Physics
Terry Mortenson       Ph.D. History of Geology
John baumgardner   Ph.D. Geophysics
Bob Compton            Ph.D. Physiology, DVM
Andy McIntosh         Ph.D.  Combustion Theory
John Johnson           Ph.D. Mathematics
Tommy Mitchel          M.D.
Andrew Snelling       Ph.D. Geology
Emil Silvestre           Ph.D. Geology
Esther Su                 Ph.D. Biochemistry
David DeWitt           Ph.D. Neuroscience

It is your choice if you choose to believe the words of faulty men over the written inspired Word of God.

The Church is figuratively called the body of Christ. See 1 Cor. 12:27 https://www.nairaland.com/1984289/what-church

The Bible has all the answers to man's questions

[img]https://answersingenesis.org/media/cartoons/let-there-be-truth/the-best-evidence/[/img]

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by nnatom: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

All that you need for your salvation is recorded in the Bible. The Bible is Blessed Instruction Bringing Life Eternal. Can your church tradition bring you eternal life? undecided

u have not answered my question, pls do.

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by dj5naira(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2014
djcrooky:
1. Remember when God asked that a copper snake be made and who ever looks to it shall be healed.. Isn't that "idolatary" 2.Idolatry is a thing of the heart its not just physical, the picture you have of your dad is an image, the bible said make no image of anything on earth or in heaven. 3. You bow to you kings and elders!! In your heart, are you respecting, honoring, referencing or worshiping. 4. When someone performs an act and you are confused, they tell you what they meant by their act and you say NO, I thought twas only God that knows the heart. 5. If you can sit and reading the story of mary about to get married then get pregnant claiming twas the holyspirit. Who wasn't so popular then, imagine the same and pain yet she never asked God to take the child away, 9 months old pregnancy was used to travel on a donkey for a census where she had to give birth in a stable, you might understand the need for the reverence. 6.the claim for brothers, you might site a part where someone said is that not jesus, the carpenters son, brother of james... IBO claim to be a migrated tribe of the Israelis, in ibo language there is no word for cousin or nephew, every one is called nwanne- brother/sister.. History tells us that joseph was far older than mary and had a wife before her, yes the bible is a story bok of man relationship with God given to the protestants by the catholic church.. This book has been translated severally before getting to english, meaning may have the lost. Do is know what changing is to was can do to a sentence? Christianity is of the heart, if you can love God and your neighbor as christ has loved you would do harm to no one and that's good enough... Stop trying to fault other denomination when yours also have loop holes,

God bless you.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by jvavoso: 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I wonder why they are in a state of denial, saying that they do not worship "Mary." If this is not worship then I don't know what it is. undecided

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me" (p 20:4-5).

Part 1: Catholics Do Not Worship Idols:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixUf2F95rVo
Part 2: Catholics Do Not Worship Idols:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbEHtteWC7I
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chysam: 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
dj5naira:

God bless you.

Point of correction here!!!. Stop arguing like a slowpoke and ignorantly challenging Gods decisions with senseless 8pounds human brain.Ever heard the word "PREROGATIVE"?.Please look it up. It is up to God to command a million times copper snakes and ask any one to look up to it.It is therefore tantamount to both idiocrity and madness to draw comparison to anything like it outside his command.If God has clearly stated that Humans should worship Mary,ceters paribus,it would also be tantamount to craziness for anyone not to do so,and nobody will ask the Catholics to stop. Can you see what human tradition has done to the CC?. They now go all the way to comparing Gods command to their human evolution. And to their eyes it makes so much sense.Sounds absolutely unbeleivable though.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by dj5naira(m): 10:53am On Nov 27, 2014
Marc9:
Well, the fact remains that catholics are getting their facts wrong! There's nowhere in the bible that states Mary made heaven, neither was there anywhere that said Mary should be honoured in our prayers. In fact, paul who wrote several books deserves the honour more than Mary who didn't write a single page, let alone a book.

Jesus is our only intercessor, our only mediator. All honours and adorations in line with prayers must be directed at Christ, and not Mary.

John 2 : 4........ Jesus said unto her, WOMAN(not mother) what have I to do with thee....
That clearly shows she was a chosen vessel, not a chosen prophetess, or woman of God! Whoever does the will of his father was much loved by Jesus, than what he felt for his mother.

That's just the fact!!!!

LOL.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by nnatom: 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
chysam:

Point of correction here!!!. Stop arguing like a slowpoke and ignorantly challenging Gods decisions with senseless 8pounds human brain.Ever heard the word "PREROGATIVE"?.Please look it up. It is up to God to command a million times copper snakes and ask any one to look up to it.It is therefore tantamount to both idiocrity and madness to draw comparison to anything like it outside his command.If God has clearly stated that Humans should worship Mary,ceters paribus,it would also be tantamount to craziness for anyone not to do so,and nobody will ask the Catholics to stop. Can you see what human tradition has done to the CC?. They now go all the way to comparing Gods command to their human evolution. And to their eyes it makes so much sense.Sounds absolutely unbeleivable though.

bro can u tell us d difference between worship, honour and respect.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chysam: 5:49am On Nov 28, 2014
nnatom:

bro can u tell us d difference between worship, honour and respect.
The Onus is on the Catholics to explain this. So please help us differentiate,we are listening.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by nnatom: 6:18am On Nov 28, 2014
chysam:

The Onus is on the Catholics to explain this. So please help us differentiate,we are listening.

if u can't differentiate this simple words so u have no right to say Catholics worship Mary.cos wht u so called christains of today knws wht to do best is to condemn,and u guys knw nothing abt d scripture.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by Syncan(m): 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
chysam:

Shebi you've come here, you ran away from the lies you laid on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1985739/jesus-not-coming-back-looks/1#28381641, now you are here again with your hatred for Catholics which blinds you from truth. Smh. nnatom, pay no heed to him.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chysam: 1:17am On Nov 30, 2014
nnatom:

if u can't differentiate this simple words so u have no right to say Catholics worship Mary.cos wht u so called christains of today knws wht to do best is to condemn,and u guys knw nothing abt d scripture.

Youshould have done better explaining it rather than going round the rings.You may as well quiote from thje scriptures you know better in order to explain better.Since you know everything about the scriptures,why not use it to educate us on this,Or can't you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Pastor Commits Suicide After Sending Pics Of His Manhood To Whatsapp Group In SA / Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos / Joshua Bamiloye And Tolulope Odesola Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.