Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" (81693 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by AMACRITY(f): 9:24am On Oct 12, 2014
some people can kill themselves in fruitless arguement. This is not d first time this issue is facing debate. Why not believe in what u think is right n leave others to their own belief. Must u force ur belief on others?

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chalbert(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2014
emmyx2010:

The fact is i dont agree that mary just privilege to begat Jesus could nw serve has an intercesor for us ....nooooo sir.........
Thru out creation she was nt part.... Den why giv her special attention... U people even honour her more than the Jesus himself... Pls this and many other question we go ask BABAGOD according to frank edwards
even at the wedding at cana, Mary interceded for the couples. she made Jesus start his miracle before his appropriate time. with this, Mary can plead with God/Jesus on ur behalf
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chalbert(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2014
herald9:

After giving birth to other children was she still holy?
and who were the other children
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by tuffgongjo(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2014
Catholic is just a Circus.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by yuzjet(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2014
panachuku:
joseph fuked the hell out of her abeg, na hin give am belle, forget all dis holy spirit crap, holy spirit did nt gv her belle wen she was in her fathers house o, na wen she dey wit joseph holy spirit come, yeah rit

LMFAO. Help me ask Dem if holy spirit get d*ick?

2 Likes

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by xynerise: 9:31am On Oct 12, 2014
Protestants never give up do they? Go and ask your pastors why they buy private jets
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by herald9: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2014
chalbert:
and who were the other children
The Gospel of Mark 6:3 and the Gospel of
Matthew 13:55-56 state that a James, Joses
(or Joseph), Judas, and Simon were the
brothers of Jesus, the son of Mary. The same
verses also mention unnamed sisters of
Jesus. Another verse in the Epistle to the
Galatians 1:19 mentions seeing James , "the
Lord's brother",
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by Michael13(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2014
xynerise:
Protestants never give up do they? Go and ask your pastors why they buy private jets
Oyedepo is the richest pastor in the world.....and they are here banting over 'Mary'
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by xynerise: 9:35am On Oct 12, 2014
Michael13:
Oyedepo is the richest pastor in the world.....and they are here banting over 'Mary'
My brother some people are lost already.

Live and let's live
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chalbert(m): 9:36am On Oct 12, 2014
herald9:
Lord's brother",
am sure u saw brethren in that verse. brethren doesn't mean they re of the same parents rather it means they re of the same faith and do things in common. the names u mentioned were his disciples. the same Judas u mentioned betrayed jesus
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by lordsuperb(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2014
Mary grew up in a church. She was already told that she would begat the saviour. It was the holy spirit that choose joseph for him. angry
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chalbert(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2014
are u Christians? @penachuku and yuzjet?
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by benarex(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2014
"holy Mary, the mother of God. ".... Ridiculous, ain't it?
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by date1816: 9:43am On Oct 12, 2014
16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'an, O Muhammad , the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.
17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.
18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allah) from you, if you do fear Allah."
19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."
20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"
21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah).' "
22. So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"
24. Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;
25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."
26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"
27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).
28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."
29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"
31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat, as long as I live."
32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.
33. "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"
34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).
35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah]. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be!" and it is.
36. ['Iesa (Jesus) said]: "And verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets)." [Tafsir At-Tabari]
37. Then the sects differed [i.e. the Christians about 'Iesa (Jesus)], so woe unto the disbelievers [those who gave false witness by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah] from the meeting of a great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection, when they will be thrown in the blazing Fire).
38. How clearly will they (polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) see and hear, the Day when they will appear before Us! But the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) today are in plain error.
39. And warn them (O Muhammad ) of the Day of grief and regrets, when the case has been decided, while (now) they are in a state of carelessness, and they believe not.
40. Verily! We will inherit the earth and whatsoever is thereon. And to Us they all shall be returned,

3 Likes

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by nkan(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2014
OP, What is your mission for this post? Is that what will take you to heaven?
What you are blabbing has nothing to do with you accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour and maintaining a good relationship with God to save your soul.

Repent
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by chalbert(m): 9:45am On Oct 12, 2014
herald9:
Lord's brother",
remember what Mary and Martha(Lazarus sister's )said to Jesus. though it is clear to u and I that Jesus is not a part of their family but they tld Jesus if he was around, his BROTHER wouldn't have died. this is a clear indication that Bible unites all Christians as brothers. so the verses u quote doesn't mean they were born by mary
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by yuzjet(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2014
chalbert:
are u Christians? @penachuku and yuzjet?

Nooo
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by hensben(m): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me — holy is His name" (Luke 1:46-49).

This is the prayer Mary prayed. She said God my Saviour, meaning that she was a sinner saved by God. Do you see why we are not to worship her?

you are very wrong @emboldened, if she call God her saviour thats doesnt make her a sinner...mr. she is just acknowledging God's work in her life in that quote which every righteous person will do.
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by webizone(m): 9:55am On Oct 12, 2014
Well,
the apostles honoured her,
the woman who listened to Jesus did too,
Elizabeth using that same language honoured her,
Angel Gabriel honoured her because he came with a message of such from who?
GOD!

Well none of us lived then to know if Mary was a virgin or not. But people who lived and saw her honoured her.
Me? I be big sinner o. Make no mistake. But, I will honour THE MOTHER OF GOD!

Afterall, GOD has the power to appear like a human baby and lie in a bush waiting for a pious person to come pick him up. But he chose to create sm1 called THE MOTHER OF GOD!

Nna mehn, that kind of woman must be holy because GOD will prepare Her.

3 Likes

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by herald9: 9:57am On Oct 12, 2014
chalbert:

remember what Mary and Martha(Lazarus sister's )said to Jesus. though it is clear to u and I that Jesus is not a part of their family but they tld Jesus if he was around, his BROTHER wouldn't have died. this is a clear indication that Bible unites all Christians as brothers. so the verses u quote doesn't mean they were born by mary
Let's leave the Bible for now....I know you're good at twisting it...

But

Why would Joseph marry Mary in the first place if he did not have any intention of raising a family with her?
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by hensben(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2014
nnatom:

it is so shameful of u still saying Catholics worship her after u have been told several time that Catholics don't worship her, sorry o is ur IQ dis low.

so if u are being told that God will allow his son to have the flesh and blood of a sinner u will agree. see where lack of knowledge is dragging u into. even Muslims knows that Mary was born without the touch of satan. shame on u.

Mention in Islamic scripture

The birth of Mary is narrated in the Quran
with references to her father, after whom
the chapter is named ('The Family of
Imran') as well as her mother. The wife of
Imran prayed to God to fulfil her desire [8]
and vowed, if her prayer was accepted,
that her child would be dedicated to the
service of God. She prayed for her child to
remain protected from Satan ( Shayṭān) and
Muslim tradition records a hadith , which
states that the only children born without
the "touch of Satan," were Mary and Jesus.
bro leave them, they dont know the difference between 'worship and 'honor'
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by jasmine2013(f): 10:00am On Oct 12, 2014
Concept meet innovation and technology pls vote team Issachar at the CEO Challenge by clicking this link http://woobox.com/odgogp/vote/for/4917439 pls ur vote counts. Thank you
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by hechman(m): 10:02am On Oct 12, 2014
All d mitochondria Jesus has was inherited from mary

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by wonda26(m): 10:03am On Oct 12, 2014
All these protestants, una nor dey tire ni? Is the practice of your faith simply 'protesting against the beliefs of the Catholic Church'?

Keep ranting!

All I can tell you is: If you are a Non-Christian, find your way back to Jesus Christ; and when / if you claim to be a Christian, be sure you are a Catholic.

Glory to Jesus. Honour to Mary.

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by hensben(m): 10:04am On Oct 12, 2014
Ukutsgp:
jesus was sinless because his conception wasn't through sexual intercourse. d bible said all have sinned including mary hence need a saviour.
every man n woman born of intimate intercourse is automatically a sinner including mary but that doesnt make her a sinner since she accepted God as her saviour right from when she had self consciousness... u get?
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by SalC: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2014
Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with thee, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray of us sinners now and to the hour of our death. Amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by gidjah(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2014
nnatom:

I know you have a problem understanding English language.

catholic says Mary intercede for them and u are missing it up with mediator. yes Christ is the only mediator between God and man. but Mary intercede,i.e plead on our behalf.

dictionary meaning of mediator and intercede

To intercede is to go or come between two
parties, to plead before one of them on behalf
of the other. "Mediation"
means a standing in the midst between two
(contending) parties, for the purpose of
bringing them together.
HERESSY ON D LOOSE!HOW BIBLICAL COULD THIS BE SIR
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by Felicitalisco(f): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2014
Even if you dont honour virgin mary,i honour her and i can testify she intercedes for me [color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by 1stola: 10:08am On Oct 12, 2014
Christianity; religion of contradiction...
smh

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by kiuusm(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2014
Mary (مريم Marīam in Arabic), the mother of Jesus (Isa), is considered one of the most righteous women in the Islamic tradition. She is mentioned more in the Quran than in the entire New Testament and is also the only woman mentioned by name in the Quran.[3] According to the Quran, Jesus was born miraculously by the will of God without a father. His mother is regarded as a chaste and virtuous woman and is said to have been a virgin. The Quran states clearly that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth, but that neither Mary nor her son were divine. In the Quran, no other woman is given more attention than Mary and the Quran states that Mary was chosen above all women:

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee – chosen thee above the women of all nations.

—Quran, sura 3 (Al Imran), ayah 42[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_in_Islam

Beautiful and precise narration..

1 Like

Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by gidjah(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Even though Jesus did what Mary said but this was not after He had somewhat rebuked her by saying that His mission was not to do temporary ephemeral things but to save His people from their sins. Apart from this place, Mary is never shown in Scripture to demand or request anything from Jesus again.
ABEG NO MIND THEM
Re: "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" by hensben(m): 10:11am On Oct 12, 2014
nnatom:

so are u saying a sinner carried Christ for nine month in an unclean body. use ur head bro.
bro this is it, every man n woman born of intimate intercourse is automatically a sinner including mary but that doesnt make her a sinner since she accepted God as her saviour right from when she had self consciousness so she carried Jesus Christ with clean spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Pastor Success Sunday Forced To Marry Fiancée's Corpse Who Died During Abortion / Photos From Prophet TB Joshua's Burial / What Is The Use Of The 7 Books Of Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.