Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram (33053 Views)

Nigerian Army Re-engages Retired Soldiers / Retired Soldiers React To Rain Of Dollars On The Super Eagles / Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by alayegun(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2014
God knows best

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by BlackTechnology: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2014
tit: Ol soldiers!
Attenshun!
Boko haram don die today.

Eleyi gidi gan!

The thing really gidi gan oooo

You hear say another 400 soldiers run enter Cameroon.

Cameroon say am Defence HQ dey ask ogas on ground if name true.

Tory plenty

When guys like me applied, they chance me. Now kasala don burst they dey run go Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by MissTeaseMe(f): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2014
gift01: So?
what is so
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by phemmie06(m): 8:43am On Sep 05, 2014
Impossible is possible, but with what ammunition
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43am On Sep 05, 2014
Good luck Patriots..

Even Chuck Norris Salutes you..

4 Likes

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by DVMtuppence(m): 8:43am On Sep 05, 2014
h
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by iJAY1: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2014
An good move, we understand. but collaborate with the military instead.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by aguizm(m): 8:43am On Sep 05, 2014
Am finally on front page after several attempts. God I salute u. It should be 10,001 cos am adding to that list.When actor show boss don't die.Boko haram your end is here.

2 Likes

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by MrRhymes101(m): 8:44am On Sep 05, 2014
boys r not smilling
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Alamstan(m): 8:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Government should grant them dere heart desires...if thats what it takes 2 win BH war!
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2014
If That Wil Solve The Insurgency Menace Let Them Ahead To Do It If They Are Capable.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by gbishman: 8:47am On Sep 05, 2014
I think arming cvilians is a dangerous thing, but it would be wise for govt to have a rethink on the issue of nilitary trained reserves, where they wouldbe trained and handed over to a military officer to lead them into battle.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by BlackTechnology: 8:47am On Sep 05, 2014
alayegun: God knows best

Explain why you made this comment

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by phemmie06(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Impossible is possible but with ammunition
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by 100Cents: 8:49am On Sep 05, 2014
Attacking a boko haram APC or Machine gun with sticks.

It will require divine intervention...
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by 100Cents: 8:50am On Sep 05, 2014
aguizm: Am finally on front page after several attempts. God I salute u. It should be 10,001 cos am adding to that list.When actor show boss don't die.Boko haram your end is here.

This your picture is pathetic..

Are you really on front page ?
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by hardbody: 8:50am On Sep 05, 2014
KiKatanga: Onwards brothers.

The Government needs to step in and arm the people or they'll just be cannon fodder -- it's not as though firearms are difficult to acquire if you have funds. Noble people.

And when the battle is fought, won and lost, how do you disarm the myriads of delinquents you have given those guns. We will now have a different problem on hands, yes. Robbery, killings, etc. When people are left with guns, robbery proliflates. It is that simple.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Matttthew(m): 8:51am On Sep 05, 2014
gift01: Vow to confront. Is that news? Tell us when and how you will fight dem. Soldiers don't have enough weapons to fight. Wonder what these dreamers wanna us
So u always booked ur space b4 u comment?
In BTW... . Don't compare a Desperate and hungry Lion to a armed hunter.....
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2014
Hmm...what do we have here? Our very own minutemen. While I'm very much against arming them, I think they are very motivated as they are trying to protect their territory. They shouldn't be ignored. Even the US Army and Marines corps collaborated with ethnic militias in the battle of Fallujah in Iraq.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by zenobrown007: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Don't know wat to believe anymore, d boko or our politicians...
My kid bros sacrifices his life 4 d peace of this Nation & I'll do same too...
It's so painful to lose ur luv ones & I know God is in control. cool
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by san316(m): 8:54am On Sep 05, 2014
Some people are unbelievable! They keep saying northerners are sympathetic to BH. Now the northerners want gov't approval to eliminate them and some people are spewing dust. Let these people confront BH, they said they can do it with their local weapons, they only need a go ahead from the Gov't. This will be an epoch making phenomenon that will take a glorified position in the history of Nigeria. I want to be part of it.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by iceberylin(m): 8:57am On Sep 05, 2014
come on...since the Govt cant do it,let the Citizens do it

they should know that they only live once tho
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by kultimate009: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2014
tejpot: Government or the government must also plan to retrieve the arms once they are armed and the insurgency is over or else there will be BH reloaded.
And how do you suppose they do that? Just look at Libya, Egypt, Syria and the rest.... It is not so easy to get back weapons.... God bless Nigeria, God bless Africa.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by BlackTechnology: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2014
san316: Some people are unbelievable! They keep saying northerners are sympathetic to BH. Now the northerners want gov't approval to eliminate them and some people are spewing dust. Let these people confront BH, they said they can do it with their local weapons, they only need a go ahead from the Gov't. This will be an epoch making phenomenon that will take a glorified position in the history of Nigeria. I want to be part of it.

Do they need govt approval to defend themselves.

Wait for govt and die a foolish death.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Matttthew(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2014
gift01: Are you a learner? Book ya space b4 you comment else na page 10 you go land after thinking of what to write. This is Naija! Shine your eyes

Lwkmd........ u dey teach me sense b dah... ?
Lol......u even booked space for 2.......smh....lol

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Moblord(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2014
The Gov will hardly allow that because they don't want the insurgency to end
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by tejpot(m): 9:03am On Sep 05, 2014
kultimate009: And how do you suppose they do that? Just look at Libya, Egypt, Syria and the rest.... It is not so easy to get back weapons.... God bless Nigeria, God bless Africa.
Libya, Egypt and Syria? They never planned to do that or didn't have the will. I don't want to know how they do it. All am saying is, they should think it out before embarking on it. In any case they will still receive the blame. Amen
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Johnson8060(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2014
se dem tink say na hunting dey wan go do
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by maclatunji: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2014
The people of Maiduguri are brave. I wonder if the government has their guts because under President Jonathan, the Nigerian Army has become ineffective. I mean the late Abacha might have failed at many things but not in battle, ask the RUF and Liberian rebels.

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Ndababa(m): 9:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Nigeria. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by LushGreenz: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2014
In saner climes, and in a state of exigency such a volunteer group would get commandeered by an/army officer(s),prior to that they would have undergone drills and tactical guerilla training. By so doing casualties are minimal, weapons and ammunition can be accounted for, and any anomalous act from the vigilantes during or after the war/crisis can be brought to book. You don't just arm civilians all in the name of combating insurgences, otherwise you'll be brewing even tougher insurgents and hardened criminals most of whom would have been there done that. But kudos to the volunteers though while so many consider Nigeria a nation not worth dying for.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by san316(m): 9:09am On Sep 05, 2014
And WTF, the gov't can't arm it's armed forces, how can it arm the civilians? Anyway, i still believe truth will triumph over falsehood no matter how small it is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Converts Chemistry Labs To IED Factory / Fayemi Takes Coronavirus Test After Coming In Contact With Two Infected Persons / Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.