Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram (33054 Views)

Nigerian Army Re-engages Retired Soldiers / Retired Soldiers React To Rain Of Dollars On The Super Eagles / Fg Set To Confront Boko Haram, Sets Up Task Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by eemalex(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2014
MrSleek1:

both ways boko haram will still kill them
better to die fighting than to die a coward
Guy when you reach gate of heaven God no go ask u if u died a coward or a hero, moreover they wouldn't be remembered on earth too.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by mashodehammer: 11:26am On Sep 05, 2014
I said it on this trend that BAMA will fall to BOKO HARAM, Because the ARMY EQUIPMENTS ARE YET TO ARRIVED
MADUIGURI IS NEXT, infact GEJ has given them [BOKO HARAM] the state capital since I weather why they haven't posses their possessions
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by macklef(m): 11:27am On Sep 05, 2014
Busuguma:

We are not Boko Haram, because a Boko Haram member never say he aint one. Infact, a Boko Haram member is proud to announce he is one of them. We are innocent souls, proudly Nigerian law abiding citizens.

We have just received intel that Boko Haram is planning to launch a fresh attack on Kareto Town in Damasak Local Govt Area - a town bordering Difa, a State in Niger. The attack will be coming from Kanamma Town in Yobe State.

Our concern is that the army, the Police and the SSS are all aware of every impending attack but no pro-active measures are been taken to stop the attack.

If air surveillance is carried correctly, their camps is visible and scattered all over the State.

How do u get this intel? Do they disclose to you people of their nezt move? Just curious
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by PenSniper: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2014
ebolablast: I think goodluck should lead d line...chief commander/general goodluck ebele Jonathan BHFADA..operation clear em all
SEX IS A MEDICINE: 9 ReasonsWhy You Need To Have Good Sex [MUST READ]
READ HERE http:///Gxzp

Sorry, i cant click your link - I dont want to be blasted with EBOLA. Lol
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by PenSniper: 11:35am On Sep 05, 2014
MissTeaseMe: This is long over due.
These people have been too quiet and it is the reason why bokoharam grow so quickly.
They cant keep waiting for government to help them. With UNITY they can fight boko haram. It may look like they are poorly armed (very true), but there is power in unity, if 10,000 people can actively fight boko haram, then we will be seeing the end of boko haram soon.
I trust Yorubas and Igbos, we wont allow even 10people to die before we mobilize ourselves and fight!
The best thing is for government to provide them with food and stipends, no need to give them weapons and find a way of them moving out with the army. You will see that very soon we will have 30,000 volunteers. Basic support is all they need.
Government had better act FAST before their enthusiasm dies, especially in taking care of their upkeep.

So, do you mind if i tease you with membership downsouth, for a start ?
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Tex42(m): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2014
reedonne:

The SW,ND and SE have trained people who can easily be armed in times of war(and there is also the money to do it), but there havent be any clash between any of these group. Why cant we allow state to own state guard as it is in the US.
When an organization is being controlled by a goverment, it tends to be diplomatic in its action but an organization like cjtf, opc, massob, MEND etc that doesnt have a clear leadership and isnt under any goverment is much more dangerous.
I think we should instead allow state to have their own state guard and police.
you have a point there,but one thing u must know is that nigeria is not america.

with the tribal,religious, and regional bigotry/differences obtainable in nigeria,u'll agree with me that nigeria is not yet ripe for state police.

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by mashodehammer: 11:43am On Sep 05, 2014
macklef:
How do u get this intel? Do they disclose to you people of their nezt move? Just curious
OFF COURSE THEY SHARE INTEL, THEY ARE PARTNERS
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 05, 2014
These people have been too quiet and it is the reason why bokoharam grow so quickly.
They cant keep waiting for government to help them. With UNITY they can fight boko haram. It may look like they are poorly armed (very true), but there is power in unity, if 10,000 people can actively fight boko haram, then we will be seeing the end of boko haram soon.
I trust Yorubas and Igbos, we wont allow even 10people to die before we mobilize ourselves and fight!
The best thing is for government to provide them with food and stipends, no need to give them weapons and find a way of them moving out with the army. You will see that very soon we will have 30,000 volunteers. Basic support is all they need.
Government had better act FAST before their enthusiasm dies, especially in taking care of their upkeep.
hello Sweethrt smiley I actually loved ur write-up but if ur dad(sorry I used dis) or uncle was gona be a part of d 10,000 ,will u allow him/them join d war?
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Dennison27(m): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2014
May the lord be with u
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 05, 2014
Ok
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by MissTeaseMe(f): 11:52am On Sep 05, 2014
SuperMartins: hello Sweethrt smiley I actually loved ur write-up but if ur dad(sorry I used dis) or uncle was gona be a part of d 10,000 ,will u allow him/them join d war?
Dear, it is an unfortunate situation. Have you put yourself in their shoes?
Imagine the horror of having your town or village mowed down by these ruthless terrorists.
If we have no chance of migrating then i will support them to.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by amagugm: 11:55am On Sep 05, 2014
The FG should decide seriously what to do with this boko haramites. At times I imagine if this group were from South Eastern Nigeria, as in they are an Igbo terrorist group. Sure the FG would have long silenced them. All out war would have long been declared with an ethnic cleansing agenda. Since they are not Igbo they are allowed to grow and fester the country. Igbos must learn the Nigeria way with these happenings.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by adedayourt(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2014
Sucide mission
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Smooyis(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
reedonne:

The SW,ND and SE have trained people who can easily be armed in times of war(and there is also the money to do it), but there havent be any clash between any of these group. Why cant we allow state to own state guard as it is in the US.
When an organization is being controlled by a goverment, it tends to be diplomatic in its action but an organization like cjtf, opc, massob, MEND etc that doesnt have a clear leadership and isnt under any goverment is much more dangerous.
I think we should instead allow state to have their own state guard and police.
I have been saying this for decades. I came to realize that most Nigerians often reason so stupidly in matters of security and nationhood, due to the fear of the unknown. The truth is that we cant do without state or local police whatever you may call it. A police officer from one region cannot be be more effective in another geographic region other than his own. Many of them seek to be posted to Lagos, Abuja, Portharcout etc for the monetary gains of it, rather than for service. The earlier we come come to the realization that we cannot continue we this centralised police structure the better for us as a nation.
In order to minimize those things that cause fear, we might make it compulsory for each state or local police force to have at least 30% of its officers from across other states. In a little way this will help to reflect federal character.
The federal government should focus on the military, and SSS, which will in turn monitor what goes on in each state so as to report any abuse of power.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Octaves(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
They want to fight boko with sticks and stones? Shey if boko mow them down with sophisticated weapons, they go blame Jonathan and PDP. I admire their courage but it's a death sentence. If they want to fight boko, they should volunteer to 'join the army' in the fight and get some crash training b4 going into boko territory. That way, they will be well equiped and all weapons given can be accounted for. The govt should not arm them directly, that will be creating another insurgent group
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: That is the spirit. This is the type of resistance that is needed to defeat insurgency. A resistance that emanate from the people and supported by the efforts of the armed forces equals to DEATH to Boko Haram.

Meanwhile, while some are ready to fight even if armed with just sticks, some who have fighter jets claim they'r poorly armed.

Bruv, u're totally correct. A catapult in d hands of a highly motivated civilian is more deadly than an ak-47 in d hands of a cowardly soldier. Since these guys have risen to defend their turf, I think d government should give them basic infantry training, provide them with small arms which can easily b accounted for and send them into battle along with som serious-minded Nigerian soldiers provided with aerial support. Since these boko haramites originated amongst them, and since they'll b conversant with the lay of the land, they'll b able to provide necessary info to our soldiers and also provide cover fire while our soldiers do the hardest part of tackling boko haram.

Oluwa sabi say dis kain thing no fit happen for SE. Kill 10people and your own kinsmen will rise against u
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by mastengsynergy: 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
This is a good one. If the Federal Government is not responsible to protect the citizens they govern, the governed now want to rescue themselves from the terrorist. One day we will all also gather to bombard Aso rock and demand the power if the federal Government remains irresponsible.
It is saddened to hear Billions of Naira set aside to fight this terrorist and we can't feel the impact or the results. Some Generals just sit on the money share it among themselves at the mercy of the defenseless citizens.
Corruption is the bane of our problems and the Presidency is not ready to face and fight corruption to a stand-still.
Posterity and the spirits of those that have fallen will not forgive all corrupt leaders.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Kmist(m): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
#BringBackOur10000Men laffing in Swahili
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Climax4: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Old soldiers! Attention 4ward march to sambister forest.oya lets sing: nzogbu nzogbu enyimba enyi

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Smooyis(m): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
I just hope they will not be infiltrated by the boko haramists!
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by oyeludef(m): 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
focus7: With what, with matchet and catapult? Abeg if they are tired of existent they should visit Liberia and begin to hug the ebola victims there.
its a matter of dem taking their lives in their own hand since d govt has been playng politics wit d whole thing. sooner or later d sect would catch up wit dem nd probably murder dem in cold blood. its been proven dat d best defence is to b on d offensive

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by NobleG1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
BH will take the weapons from them if Govt. supplies them.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by chuksmad(m): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
chinazaekperem2: unless nigeria begs we igbos, we won't stop dealing with these northerners.

we have sworn to turn northern nigeria to somalia grin
Na only mouth. Stop being childish, this is not a play thing matter
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by hunter21(m): 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
eemalex:
Guy when you reach gate of heaven God no go ask u if u died a coward or a hero, moreover they wouldn't be remembered on earth too.
where was the god when bokoharam was perpetrating evil.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by eemalex(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
hunter21:
where was the god when bokoharam was perpetrating evil.
Question!!!
Kill yourself and ask Him when you meet Him
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by chinazaekperem2: 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
chuksmad:
Na only mouth. Stop being childish, this is not a play thing matter
how dare you quote me?
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by MissTeaseMe(f): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
Smooyis: I just hope they will not be infiltrated by the boko haramists!
That is one problem. I think that is inevitable
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by RebelLeader15(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
tit: Ol soldiers!
Attenshun!
Boko haram don die today.

Eleyi gidi gan!
I Remember the YORUBA war song....

Bole dogun ko dogun.....let it turn to war
Bole dija ko dija.....let it turn to fight
Awa ti mura ogun sile....we are prepared for war
Kini baba enikan le se......what can our father do
Ko ibon ko oko ko ada......pack your gun, bow n arrow, pack your cutlasses
Ka lo pade ni popo.......let's meet at the arena

We support Civilian JTF.....aluta continua
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by RebelLeader15(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
Okijajuju1: Good luck Patriots..

Even Chuck Norris Salutes you..

Okija, this is the time for you to show your talent spiritually

Bless the people with Holy water

Infact you are suppose to follow them to Sambisa forest afterall you are the OKIJAjuju.
Re: Vigilantes, Retired Soldiers Vow To Confront Boko Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
RebelLeader15: Okija, this is the time for you to show your talent spiritually

Bless the people with Holy water

Infact you are suppose to follow them to Sambisa forest afterall you are the OKIJAjuju.

Follow them for what?! angry

Please I am part of the committee set up by the government to look into the Ebola crisis.. grin We are in Hawaii now negotiating with a foreign government to supply us with Handwash and Hand sanitizer.. grin

Go and tell IFA priests to go to Sambisa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / Boko Haram Converts Chemistry Labs To IED Factory / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.