Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,009 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers (24647 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Abimbola86(m): 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Mugabe is right against the west that was arming reble to harm Assad, now same reble is turning against them. ISIS

3 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by duni04(m): 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
MissMeiya:

In Nigeria, as well. Look at how well they distracted illiterate Nigerians with bigotry and foolish issues. At this rate, these corrupt old men will die with our countries still clasped in their decrepit claws. No wonder they don't develop education. An educated populate would see through their tricks.

I'm tired of this.
Mugabe is an exeption to that corrupt african leader cliche, at least in this case. The white settlers in zimbabwe are decendants of ancestors that robbed and pillaged land from aboriginal owners. Same in Australia and Newzealand. Zimbabwans are really lucky they can still get their land back unlike the maoris in newzealand or the aboriginees in Australia. I refuse to buy into that racist argument that Africans can't manage and run large farms by themselves and need their white colonialists to run things for them. Its racist!

6 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by chrisviral(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
So I came back online only to see my post deleted by some useless Mod, yes useless I'm using that word because that what he/she should be called.

Now ban me or delete me from NL, I don't care, as if the post you deleted failed or compromised any of NL 21 rules, No it didn't but now he/she decides what is suppose to be left and what is actually supposed to be deleted.

This has happened severally, I have let others rest, but not this one, when a Mod does not know his or her job again, it's imperative that he/she begins to get insulted.

Seriously there are a ton more words I want to use and express my dis-satisfaction with that Mod that deleted my post, wish I had his FB ID and I will give him the advice of a lifetime, Another person open NL, another opportuned fellow go come dey form Mod, Te hell with you.

PS: sorry oga Seun but me gat to voice my dis-satisfaction, it's a bridge on customer/seller agreement, he/she has infringed my freedom of speech, when I didn't even compromise any of your 21 post rules.

"Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland."

If going by the above statement, why then are people's post even deleted, why do we even need them Mod self
Or is it because it's Free...
This thing don vex me wella.
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by HandOfChukwu: 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
hungryboy: If america wakes up one day and tell all african americans to go back to africa
na una go still shout racism,
many blacks have gone to europe and made it, and even own land there
this is 2014 not 1920,
the whites there are just trying to make a living, just let 'em be
In the year year 1921, African-Americans had the most educated populace in America, they had their own schools, hospitals, ports, bus companies, car companies, etc.. they were doing better than ALL the whites in America, so guess what the whites did? They sent the army in and burned it all down in what was known as the Tulsa race riots, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot, it was the first EVER time a plane was used to bomb targets on the ground, all because they were black and they were doing better than the whites who considered themselves supeiror to the Blacks, they then made special laws for African-Americans which meant they couldnt own or have anything called "jim crow laws" to this day they have never recovered, African-Americans and blacks in Europe are extremely unlikely to ever get a loan from a bank to start a business let alone own land...but you think it's ok for whites who came and enslaved and stole from Africans to stay in Africa exploiting the land for their own gain? Are you serious? Mugabe is a champion.

6 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
sunnyshayne: If you chase the whites away, do the natives have the capacity to farm?

Can the natives sustain the huge agricultural output Zimbabwe is known for?

Just my thought!

The ''natives'' are already farming the land, and have been doing so for over a decade now. Meanwhile, Zimbabwe is a lot more than ''white farmers'' and ''land'' etc. Mugabe has just flagged off a half a billion dollar power plant and his country is making economic progress, in a country where land has now been more equitably redistributed, despite vicious western sanctions which nearly crippled the economy.

Mugabe launches $534 million dollar power project:

http://www.herald.co.zw/533m-kariba-project-begins-%E2%80%A2station-to-generate-300mw-more-by-2017-%E2%80%A2move-boon-for-zim-asset/

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Africans blaming everybody but themselves for their own predicaments. How are we gonna move forward if we can't take responsibilities?

1) Mugabe has been ruling since 1980 with no tangible thing to show for it. In a progressive society, wouldn't it be ideal for fresh ideas to replace old and derelict ideologies? It's like Margaret Thatcher still in power in UK!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

2) He told whites to go back to their countries when millions of blacks are also in Europe, how myopic? He doesn't care.

3) Other Africans supporting this man are as foolish as he is or even more..... Despite the collapse of the economy, he is living large while his passionate defenders shouting damn the whites are suffering....
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
Imagine if they told all black people in USA, UK, China, etc to move back to Africa. shocked shocked

I can't even imagine grin
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
sunnyshayne: If you chase the whites away, do the natives have the capacity to farm?

Can the natives sustain the huge agricultural output Zimbabwe is known for?

Just my thought!
U... thoughtless. What nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by skyfall: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
The dinosaur creating more problems before he dies off.
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Dreyl(m): 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
Mugabe has always been a strong leader,he's actually the most bravest leader in Africa,one thing i like about this man is that he dosen't give a rat asss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by andyanders: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Superstar007: "The only white man you can trust is a dead white man." - Robert Mugabe

grin grin grin

I dey laugh jari.Mugabe no go kill person with his comments.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by ArtanK(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Idrismusty97: Do whatever you pleases with your country...Just remember your only friend is China. I hope they won't kill you like they did to Ghadaffi and all nationalists. The West want their dominance to be continually felt. You have to be as Influential/developed as China or Russia before doing something as callous as this!.....That is just way overboard!

If anything China is as evil as the US and its allies. Wait till China remotely controls most of the African economies
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
oboman: Africans blaming everybody but themselves for their own predicaments.

Oh shut up.

How are we gonna move forward if we can't take responsibilities?

Mugabe took responsibility for his country, unlike a sellout like you.

1) Mugabe has been ruling since 1980 with no tangible thing to show for it.

He has been trying to wrest control of the country's economic resources from the tiny minority of 2% whites who seized the nation's resources and lorded it over the rest of the population. See, Mugabe wasn't just going to be another black stooge - your type - just happy to be called ''president'' while his people lived in slavery and as peasants on their ancestral land. After the blacks won the war of liberation against Apartheid Rhodesia, the deal was that land would be redistributed in a gradual manner. Britain reneged on its part of the deal (whereby she was meant to partially fund the process) in 1997 when Blair was PM. That was when the forced seizures began. There was huge pressure on Mugabe by the army and war veterans to show 'dividends' for the independence victory. A major dividend was land redistribution. Had he resisted them he would likely have been assassinated. It was a national movement for liberation, not just a Mugabe affair. That is why it seems no one can remove him. HE HAS SUPPORT in that country. MASSIVE support which is never reported in the 'mainstream' media. In the rural areas, where the majority live, he is very popular. Many there now own land and own a stake in their future. The first time in nearly 200 years! CNN and BBC never speak to any of those milions whose lives have been changed for the better by the land redistribution program. Sometimes they do admit it was a success though:

‘'In the biggest land reform in Africa, 6,000 white farmers have been replaced by 245,000 Zimbabwean farmers. Zimbabwe’s land reform has not been neat, and huge problems remain. But 245,000 new farmers have received land, and most of them are farming it. They have raised their own standard of living; have already reached production levels of the former white farmers; and with a bit of support, are ready to substantially increase that production.’'

http://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/has-zimbabwes-land-reform-actually-been-a-success-a-new-book-says-yes/

Zimbabwe land reform 'not a failure' - BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11764004

3) Other Africans supporting this man are as foolish as he is or even more..... Despite the collapse of the economy, he is living large while his passionate defenders shouting damn the whites are suffering....

Thank goodness you're not the president of Zimbabwe.

7 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by duni04(m): 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
oboman: Africans blaming everybody but themselves for their own predicaments. How are we gonna move forward if we can't take responsibilities?

1) Mugabe has been ruling since 1980 with no tangible thing to show for it. In a progressive society, wouldn't it be ideal for fresh ideas to replace old and derelict ideologies? It's like Margaret Thatcher still in power in UK!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

2) He told whites to go back to their countries when millions of blacks are also in Europe, how myopic? He doesn't care.

Please can you justify 70,000 white people owning 70% of the arable land in an African country of 12 million people? Its just ridiculous! I think you're the foolish one here. If you think white people in Britain and the US think you as equals, you're living in a fools paradise.

6 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by bigtt76(f): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
Badt guy ...makes sense though. Go to Ghana you see Malls and other high rise residential buildings that you and I know will NEVER be affordable to the locals not even the middle working class citizens. Of course they're meant for the whites who are gradually coming back to conquer the corrupt African leaders.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
bigtt76: Badt guy ...makes sense though. Go to Ghana you see Malls and other high rise residential buildings that you and I know will NEVER be affordable to the locals not even the middle working class citizens. Of course they're meant for the whites who are gradually coming back to conquer the corrupt African leaders.

Nonsense. You cannot say that locals in Ghana cannot afford to visit the malls and live in the high rise apartments. That's a flat-out lie.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by texazzpete(m): 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
ibedun:

You brother may be the fool here. Granted they are born there and their ancestors came decades ago BUT are they loyal to Zimbabwe? DO they see themselves as Zimbabwe first before anything else?

Ignorant fool, commenting on things you know nothing of.

Go and ask any white South African if they think of themselves as 'English' or 'Dutch' and see if you don't get laughed out of the park. The white farmers in Zimbabwe thought of themselves as first Rhodesians, then Zimbabweans when the name was changed.

ibedun:
They look down on the local people, pretty much insult them, ridicule and antagonise them, and they want to carry on as superior "white" settlers!!!

Source? Citation needed, please.

Either way, people looking down at people of a lower economic strength is not exclusive to race. You think your Governor doesn't look down on you as a riff-raff who is of no import?
hell, even a House of Reps member thinks you're scum. But I digress cheesy

ibedun:
The produce harvested from the land are reserved for British and European/American markets/buyers and the rejects and sub-standard produces is what goes into the local market.

This is where you're straight up lying. Zimbabwe was known as 'the food basket of Southern Africa' because it produced a whole lot of food thanks to the excellent mechanized farming processes the farm owners utilized. Why would perishable food crops be exported out wholesale?

Provide proof of this or remain a liar. You or any of the 5 cretins that 'liked' your post. A Farmer's profit comes from selling his produce, it's insane to allege that food products would not be sold to a ready market for frivolous reasons.

ibedun:
Mugabe is right. All indigenous land owners everywhere should reclaim their land and let these urgent/marauding investors or 'stakeholders' go back where they came from.

Go back to where? Most were born in Zimbabwe. That is their country.

Maybe we should also send the people of Liberia back to America where they came from, eh?
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by andyanders: 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
bigtt76: Badt guy ...makes sense though. Go to Ghana you see Malls and other high rise residential buildings that you and I know will NEVER be affordable to the locals not even the middle working class citizens. Of course they're meant for the whites who are gradually coming back to conquer the corrupt African leaders.

You are right here my sister.Most African leaders invite most white crooks to Africa to help them steal their nation dry.
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
texazzpete, what do you have to say about these two links?

‘'In the biggest land reform in Africa, 6,000 white farmers have been replaced by 245,000 Zimbabwean farmers. Zimbabwe’s land reform has not been neat, and huge problems remain. But 245,000 new farmers have received land, and most of them are farming it. They have raised their own standard of living; have already reached production levels of the former white farmers; and with a bit of support, are ready to substantially increase that production.’'

http://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/has-zimbabwes-land-reform-actually-been-a-success-a-new-book-says-yes/

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
_

1 Like

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by bigtt76(f): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Go and check the stats ...how many Ghanaian local (not the obroni or returnee) can afford the boutiques at Accra Mall or Marina Mall? Have you visited any of these malls to see how scanty their boutiques are?

Ok lets say boutiques cannot be the yard stick to measure ...what about Shoprite? Only the high class visit there to shop. Others prefer the local markets. Makola market attracts more local shoppers than Accra Mall + Marina Mall put together

Talk about the high rise apartments, how many locals can afford $60k a year for a condo at Villagio apartments or at Cantonment? These places are even too classy, how many locals can afford one at Manet or Regimmanuel Gray Estates?

How many locals do you see at Movenpick Or Holiday Inn chilling out? Compare those numbers to the whites coming in everyday you will catch the drift.

ROSSIKE:

Nonsense. You cannot say that locals in Ghana cannot afford to visit the malls and live in the high rise apartments. That's a flat-out lie.
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by JEITO: 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
The only thing I like about Mugabe, is that he doesn't take shiit from anybody especially whites grin

2 Likes

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Anthrophile(m): 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
Land - Capital - Knowhow = Nil. Little wonder his cronies are leasing the land back to white farmers.
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Idrismusty97(m): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Rogers210(m): 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
I like that[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
duni04:
Please can you justify 70,000 white people owning 70% of the arable land in an African country of 12 million people? Its just ridiculous! I think you're the foolish one here. If you think white people in Britain and the US think you as equals, you're living in a fools paradise.

If you think there is a problem with your car battery, would you dismantle the whole car? There are other ways Mugabe could have addressed the issue without being drastic and abrupt!!

As per whites seeing me as their equal, I don't care because we blacks don't even see ourselves as equals...

Can you also justify the lavish lifestyle Mugabe has embarked upon at the expense of his poor citizens? Would you also blame the white man for Mugabe's greed?

1 Like

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by jackdaniels(m): 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
Pls someone shuld help me beg britons to return stolen artifacts frm benin kingdom...
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Oh shut up.

Mugabe took responsibility for his country, unlike a sellout like you.

He has been trying to wrest control of the country's economic resources from the tiny minority of 2% whites who seized the nation's resources and lorded it over the rest of the population. See, Mugabe wasn't just going to be another black stooge - your type - just happy to be called ''president'' while his people lived in slavery and as peasants on their ancestral land. After the blacks won the war of liberation against Apartheid Rhodesia, the deal was that land would be redistributed in a gradual manner. Britain reneged on its part of the deal (whereby she was meant to partially fund the process) in 1997 when Blair was PM. That was when the forced seizures began. There was huge pressure on Mugabe by the army and war veterans to show 'dividends' for the independence victory. A major dividend was land redistribution. Had he resisted them he would likely have been assassinated. It was a national movement for liberation, not just a Mugabe affair. That is why it seems no one can remove him. HE HAS SUPPORT in that country. MASSIVE support which is never reported in the 'mainstream' media. In the rural areas, where the majority live, he is very popular. Many there now own land and own a stake in their future. The first time in nearly 200 years! CNN and BBC never speak to any of those milions whose lives have been changed for the better by the land redistribution program. Sometimes they do admit it was a success though:

Thank goodness you're not the president of Zimbabwe.

I'm not a sellout and I never questioned Mugabe's will to change what he saw as unfit.... I only questioned his method and if he could have embarked on a more logical approach rather than expel all the white farmers...
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Rizstar: 11:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
Superstar007: "The only white man you can trust is a dead white man." - Robert Mugabe

grin grin grin

Their dead body may even carry ebola
Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by Ikhilor(m): 11:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
Seeing positive comments here in support of the Pan African acts of President Robert Mugabe is testament to the fact that, indeed, Africa is not finished and will rise again if we all start seeing the western plot to keep our continent subservient and for their personal and selfish gains for that. President Robert Mugabe is anything but a stupid man, he know's how they operate and have hit them where it hurts most. Even with the harsh, illegal SANCTIONS over a decade, the govt is still alive and working and the west is even more exasperated. This man is a true leader of his people, that's why he's still there. Some say he's been there too long, they forget or don't know that the art of wrestling control of a system as delicate as Zimbabwe's require thorough and meticulous planning and resilience because the "enemy" is not giving up soon. Only strong resilient characters are needed for such roles and Robert Mugabe is one such LEADERS. He's still there because his people want it so. Long live Zimbabwe, long live Africa.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers by GHKWAME1: 11:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
Why must you use Ghana as an example? You claim this is a Nigerian site, but you always want to bring Ghana in every topic, why?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South Africa Eases COVID-19 Lockdown / Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary / Gambia: Yahya Jammeh Stole $11m, Exported Luxury Cars – President’s Aide, Fatty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.