Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary (1796 Views)

Fintiri Spends N22bn In 86 Days As Governor – APM / Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. / Adamawa Election: PDP Screened Out Acting Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by LMAyedun(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2014
BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP Primary

The Acting Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has emerged the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate for the October 11 governorship election in the state.

Mr. Fintiri defeated other aspirants in the primary election held in Yola, the state capital, on Saturday.

In an intense election which lasted up to the early hours of Sunday, Mr. Fintiri  won the primaries with 624 votes. The current Executive Secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC, came second with 197 votes.

A former Lagos and Borno military administrator, Buba Marwa, got 54 votes, while Umar Ardo, and a member of the State Assembly, Jerry Kumdiisi, scored 9 and 4 votes respectively.

There were also 23  invalid votes.

The results were declared by the chairman of the primary and former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole at about 4: 03 a.m.  

Mr. Fintiri’s emergence was expected after eight of the aspirants who had withdrawn from the primary election declared support for him.

The eight aspirants include a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, as well as Awwal  Tukur, Idi Hong, Aliyu Kama, Markus Gundiri, Andrawus Sawa, Halilu Gire, and James  Barka.

They had after a meeting with Senate President, David Mark, early on Friday stepped down from the race after it was agreed that the Adamawa northern senatorial zone should produce the governor in the coming bye-election, while the position would be zoned to the central zone in 2015.

The aspirants said they supported Mr. Fintiri after he agreed not to contest the primaries of the party for the February 2015 governorship election.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167822-breaking-adamawa-election-acting-governor-fintiri-wins-pdp-primary.html

1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by koboko66: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2014
I wonder how Ribadu could have stupidly fallen for deceitful party of killers! Maybe they have promised him the ticket in 2015, thats if Fintiti is ready to vacate the sit. Power swert gan

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by damas60(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2014
None else would have won.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by LMAyedun(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2014
LMAyedun: .

The results were declared by the chairman of the primary and former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole at about 4: 03 a.m.  
So Dimeji Bankole is still alive?
He is actually back from hiding, hiding which has helped him to settle the dust raised during his days as the speaker of the house of Rep. And the Kangaroo EFCC case he had.

Next thing you will hear about him is Dimeji Bankole for Senate 2015
SMH!!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by gramci: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2014
PDPmatics.... eluding supporters of APC.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by tomakint: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2014
gramci: PDPmatics.... eluding supporters of APC.
I tell you......the more they (APShit clowns) look, the less they see.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by gramci: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2014
tomakint:
I tell you......the more they (APShit clowns) look, the less they see.

My brother, APC as a party is daft. as for their clowns on this forum, I just pity them because I see them whining beyond 2019.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by doctokwus: 11:01am On Sep 07, 2014
This fnitri must be watched very closely.How can a speaker of d state assembly with long term prospects be so desperate to rule a state for just 7mths(oct 2014-may 29 2015) wt a clearly stated knowledge dat he wud b ineligible to contest in d 2015 poll.
Its either d man wants to use d period to steal d state blind or he feels he can outwit d pdp to recontest again.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by oweniwe(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2014
i dont see any sense in conducting 2 governorship elections now and next yr again.

Arrant waste of resources
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by yunglykmine(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2014
LMAyedun: So Dimeji Bankole is still alive?
He is actually back from hiding, hiding which has helped him to settle the dust raised during his days as the speaker of the house of Rep. And the Kangaroo EFCC case he had.

Next thing you will hear about him is Dimeji Bankole for Senate 2015
SMH!!
That's the trick these corrupt politicians do, they make Nigerians forget their sins by going silent and hiding from public politics for years, only to start showing their faces gradually. They can only fool few not all.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by LMAyedun(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2014
gramci:

My brother, APC as a party is daft. as for their clowns on this forum, I just pity them because I see them whining beyond 2019.
SMH!! Lol! cheesy grin
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by disloman(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2014
Has this guy resign his position frm d state assembly?If not,that's unconstitutional.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2014
I knew this man is the next Governor of Adamawa. grin
No match ...talk of power of incumbency cheesy
This is same strategy Jona would use in February 2015 grin
But APC would shock his party grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by deeptechcool(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
He will win it in 2015 too. Ribadu's political future is in a total mess.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by Johnnyessence(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
what I just see in Adamawa politics is bad after what that corrupt ribadu do to tarnish his image in Adamawa politics after decamping to PDP last month.its surprised me in d sense that ribadu of all people fail in his part after they used him they dump him its pains me Cos' I trust him to d extent that he will be truthful and faithful to his work .its baffles me every day I think about ribadu decamping he will surely fail in his action they won't adopt him for governorship in 2015 the PDP caucus has fail in Adamawa state they now want to use ribadu to pull youth in d election day come Oct. their plans will surely fail u will see what will happen Cos' youth that I know in Adamawa won't vote for corrupt mind in d politics people are not bullied with rice and kerosene again.u will see d result of d poll in Adamawa.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by Johnnyessence(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
what pains me most in this arrangement is that ribadu av loose his political ambition in d youths minds let me tell u more clearly here ribadu will be used for campaign for Jonathan in 2015 Presidential election and he will surely fail even if ribadu come to d south west he will surely fail in his bid.its pains me no true leader again in d society.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by hok4u(f): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
LMAyedun: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP Primary
The Acting Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri, has emerged the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate for the October 11 governorship election in the state.

Mr. Fintiri defeated other aspirants in the primary election held in Yola, the state capital, on Saturday.

In an intense election which lasted up to the early hours of Sunday, Mr. Fintiri  won the primaries with 624 votes. The current Executive Secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC, came second with 197 votes.

A former Lagos and Borno military administrator, Buba Marwa, got 54 votes, while Umar Ardo, and a member of the State Assembly, Jerry Kumdiisi, scored 9 and 4 votes respectively.

There were also 23  invalid votes.

Mr. Fintiri’s emergence was expected after eight of the aspirants who had withdrawn from the primary election declared support for him.

The eight aspirants include a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, as well as Awwal  Tukur, Idi Hong, Aliyu Kama, Markus Gundiri, Andrawus Sawa, Halilu Gire, and James  Barka.

They had after a meeting with Senate President, David Mark, early on Friday stepped down from the race after it was agreed that the Adamawa northern senatorial zone should produce the governor in the coming bye-election, while the position would be zoned to the central zone in 2015.
The aspirants said they supported Mr. Fintiri after he agreed not to contest the primaries of the party for the February 2015 governorship election.
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167822-breaking-adamawa-election-acting-governor-fintiri-wins-pdp-primary.html

Congrats to the winner,i wish him all the best in the general election.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by dridowu: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
hmmm, it is so glaring that Fintiri want power by all means that is while he make sure Nyako was removed by force. He should have allow neutral man to contest . Anyway he is human, most of we humans are suffering from megalomania.
Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
I'm very sure the dude would contest next year election.

Politicians can't be trusted. They are all liars.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Adamawa Election:  Acting Governor, Fintiri wins PDP primary by atlwireles: 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
I am very pleased loyalty has won. Decamped members can never be trusted. Marwa and Ribadu have no future in this party besides being floor members like all of us.

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter / Despite Challenges, Nigeria’s Future Is Bright – Jonathan / GEJ: Election Bid Not Worth The Blood Of Any Nigerian, Not According To His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.