Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,109 members, 7,957,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain - Fashion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain (96729 Views)

Why Do Women Wear Ankle Chains...? / Does A Woman Wearing An Ankle Bracelet Mean Something? / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Opiosko: 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Juzzybabe:
Bros me no get dis this your yarn ooo
Ok sis na harmless banter na, no offence intended.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by chimajii: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Opiosko: Hahaha! D Chimaji... It's bn a while, hw tins?

Lol, I dey oooooooo, what of you?
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Opiosko: 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
chimajii:

Lol, I dey oooooooo, what of you?
I'm gud bro
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
I dnt like it.
Heard it was the lesbians code, but to me,they appear like marine babes to...i just dont like it.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by namuguibe(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
kobonaire: yes, as a kid I actually always wanted a goat as a pet. Now that I see you, I finally understand why my wish was not granted.
grin
ha ha, you don yab am finish ... bad guy

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Its somehow sexy dats y i dont argue when pple say its used by harlots. But i do like it
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by gymer(m): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
I see them as ogbanjes.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by aspirebig: 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
True talk, dress the way you will want to be addressed. If you are not a LovePeddler and you dress like one, then you are on of them by outfit unto the ankle chain. In fact, some babes wear the chain to work these days, even those who work in the banks, schools, offices, etc.
I do not know the type of fashion, imagine.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
AriDsexy:
Just kidding smiley
I know dear. grin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by brilapluz(m): 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
joanpinkie:

My dear , in as much as i love some of the European things i cant really relate with this ankle chain. If you want to go all european you can easily do that without mixing up cultures. African wear beads and not chain and these beads are won by people with titlles or from royal family. So please do not in any way try to compare wearing of ankle chains with our traditional beads. Every art has a story behind it. It might look beautiful but with a sad story. Thats why dont just pick up a beautiful flower and start eating it might be very poisonous. Ankle chain since my secondary school day has a history of lesbienism attached to it. If you think everything is fashion go and put on an army comourflage and bear the consequences of having the soldiers beat you up to a stupor . You dont wear wear bikini while walking down the street because people do that in Maimi.So dont be offended when someone call you a lesbien or a pros when u insist on going on with your fashion. Remember a person who attends the meeting of the rogues will be called a rogue. Do in Rome as Romans do . And not Do in Nigeria as Romans.different cultures have different interpretation of a particular behavior.
just had 2 make a comment on ur sound and insightful post....indeed knowledge can neva be bought from the market place...thumbs up joan!!! wink wink wink wink
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Fulaman198(m): 11:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
peppyluv02: Lol you no well..
Yea I do.no jokes tongue

Very nice one boss lady cheesy
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Tonetonz(f): 12:16am On Sep 09, 2014
I don hear new thing...it's just an Accessory like earrings et al

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by moneyhungry(m): 5:09am On Sep 09, 2014
MissMeiya: So I woke up this morning to a bunch of mentions, even more likes, and a handful of new followers. The latter didn't surprise me, because I know what I said yesterday. The mentions in the other hand:

I don't have time to reply to the three of you individually. You know who you are. Moneyhungry, Dreyl and what's the third one. It's Monday morning, in case you're so jobless, you hadn't realized. People with lives are waking up with thoughts of school and work. But you three, still smarting from the evisceration I handed you last night, were dreaming of what to type on nairaland, abi? I can't even conceive of the emptiness that makes up your lives. Oh my god, lol. Apparently I'm now a tranny. Moneyhungry, you couldn't come up with that yesterday? It took you all night to come up with that? And that's all you could come up with? To the other two, I don't even remember what you wrote, and I find myself so... bored with the idea of going back to check. Man. Just shaking my head. I'm sure you three will remember me next week, and I'm already forgetting you right now. Just wanted to impress upon you sorry souls how little you mean to anyone. Perhaps you can form a club and console each other. That might make you feel better. You can think of more stories. Hopefully more credible ones. I know if the three of you put your heads together you can do better. You don't need to carry last, even for painment. Try, ok?

It's time for me to carry on with my life, so I have to leave you here on NL. Thinking of a response, as usual.
bullsh!t, I said the truth and its all there on your profile (I hope you don't delete it soon).
we say NO to trannies and homos.

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Rhea12: 6:54am On Sep 09, 2014
AfricanApple: I usually see some girls wear ankle chain and I kinda admire it sometimes as I see it as fashion. but I was told its worn by prostitutes, that its what they use to identify themselves. how true is this besides how do you view girls who wear it.

for those I've seen who wears it, most of them are decent girls, so how come
AfricanApple: I usually see some girls wear ankle chain and I kinda admire it sometimes as I see it as fashion. but I was told its worn by prostitutes, that its what they use to identify themselves. how true is this besides how do you view girls who wear it.

i see it as fashion too but most of my frnds say it as nt decent and ladies who wear them are prostitutes.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by talima(m): 7:47am On Sep 09, 2014
AfricanApple: I don't see it as a big deal too. pple wear earrings and prostitutes wear as well
but its better not to wear it than for people to see u and conclude u are a prostitute. I wonder where they get that assumptions from that those who wears it are pros.
we copy wot we know nothing or little about. Ankle chain and ring on d small finger is originated from the UK as means of identifying a commercial sex worker(prostitute). Just like saggin originates from American prison.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MadCow1: 9:43am On Sep 09, 2014
[b]In 2014... A Nigerian believes that a woman who wears an Anklet and a Waist chain is a Hoe.. grin

This nation is truly filled with reetarded individuals sha.. grin

How did something that is in every way, shape and form an original African Tradition now a Taboo?!

Traditionally worn by African women, waist beads have several different meanings. Ranging from rites of passage, to enticing your husband to healing and rejuvenation, to weight watching/control, to even just plain ornament. The art of adorning ones self has been practiced since the beginning of time.

In Egypt, waist beads were called “girdles”. All the women wore them and it was a uniform for pre-pubescent girls with out any sexual connotation. But usually servants or dancers wore them and are shown in wall relief’s wearing them and nothing else!

In West Africa, waist beads have several names.; Jel-Jelli, Jigeda, Giri-Giri, Djalay Djalay or Yomba. They’re always worn under clothes. In Ghana women knew that waist beads helped form their body into a particular shape and adult women wear beads to sexually stimulate the male. In other parts of West Africa, women would wear waist beads with bells on them, and when they walked it would make a jingling noise. Dipping them in oil scented the beads.

When you add stones, waist beads take on healing qualities. Depending on ailment or what needs to be enhanced (i.e. love, physic powers, balancing), various semi-precious stones can be included in the design of your waist beads.

The one reason why anybody would consider these beads and anklets to be associated which prostitution is becase they are actually very sexually exciting to look at for men. I for one always lose my mind at the sight of a waist bead.. That shiit is sexy as fhuck on an African woman. My Ghana vixens from way back used to always wear them.. Lord knows I have broken alot of waistbeads in my life.. grin

Please you folks need to grow out of this fhucking archaic and reetarded form of reasoning.. You cant keep twisting shiit to mean what you want. African Tradition has always incorporated waist beads, anklets, bracelets and neck laces...

[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Fostercat(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2014
MadCow1: [b]In 2014... A Nigerian believes that a woman who wears an Anklet and a Waist chain is a Hoe.. grin
charity they say begins at home. If you say it is an African Tradition tin, you did not tell us that your mum nd sisters wear it too.so what are you saying?

This nation is truly filled with reetarded individuals sha.. grin

How did something that is in every way, shape and form an original African Tradition now a Taboo?!

Traditionally worn by African women, waist beads have several different meanings. Ranging from rites of passage, to enticing your husband to healing and rejuvenation, to weight watching/control, to even just plain ornament. The art of adorning ones self has been practiced since the beginning of time.

In Egypt, waist beads were called “girdles”. All the women wore them and it was a uniform for pre-pubescent girls with out any sexual connotation. But usually servants or dancers wore them and are shown in wall relief’s wearing them and nothing else!

In West Africa, waist beads have several names.; Jel-Jelli, Jigeda, Giri-Giri, Djalay Djalay or Yomba. They’re always worn under clothes. In Ghana women knew that waist beads helped form their body into a particular shape and adult women wear beads to sexually stimulate the male. In other parts of West Africa, women would wear waist beads with bells on them, and when they walked it would make a jingling noise. Dipping them in oil scented the beads.

When you add stones, waist beads take on healing qualities. Depending on ailment or what needs to be enhanced (i.e. love, physic powers, balancing), various semi-precious stones can be included in the design of your waist beads.

The one reason why anybody would consider these beads and anklets to be associated which prostitution is becase they are actually very sexually exciting to look at for men. I for one always lose my mind at the sight of a waist bead.. That shiit is sexy as fhuck on an African woman. My Ghana vixens from way back used to always wear them.. Lord knows I have broken alot of waistbeads in my life.. grin

Please you folks need to grow out of this fhucking archaic and reetarded form of reasoning.. You cant keep twisting shiit to mean what you want. African Tradition has always incorporated waist beads, anklets, bracelets and neck laces...

[/b]
You lie.
Charity they say begins at home.
If it is an African Tradition .you did not mention that your mum and sisters wear it too.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MadCow1: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Fostercat: charity they say begins at home. If you say it is an African Tradition tin, you did not tell us that your mum nd sisters wear it too.so what are you saying?

[b]You have to reference my mum and sister to make your point... grin

Let me take it to a place beyond your reach.. My wife wears one because I asked her too.. My Sisters wear anklets and some wear waist beads as well. My Grandmother (God rest her soul) wore one. In many traditional outfits in Nigeria, the waist bead is a part of it;

Look at these AFRICAN Women and spot the Hoe amongst them..

[img]http://3.bp..com/-gmwT-NcYn0w/TqaKNS3yJVI/AAAAAAAAAFI/kLXFBpqmv0o/s1600/Zulu+Girl.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-kmAo6L0gi08/URgYYIJfpuI/AAAAAAAAMxU/n2MOer4HqWw/s1600/DSC_0599+(2).JPG[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-41XE6VROWDI/URWX7WMZQ-I/AAAAAAAAMsc/C1_8WvIl76M/s1600/521978_279957598764582_134391599987850_639715_329411599_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_ekbqL9uH0YE/SvuprcUWl8I/AAAAAAAAAGM/_s_nV92SArA/s1600-h/Akalaka28A.jpg[/img]

Feel free to refer to all those women as Hoes..

You need to learn to debate without getting personal young keemosabe. Attack the points not the person, thats how a mature person debates. So with the exception of my mother (who I believe may or may not have worn one as a youngin, my sisters do wear anklets (all of them) and some wear waist beads.. And NO, they are not prostitutes. 1 is a Graduate in Engineering and works overseas and the other is in school in Canada studying Electrical Engineering as well. Hope you are satisfied[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Fostercat(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]You have to reference my mum and sister to make your point... grin

Let me take it to a place beyond your reach.. My wife wears one because I asked her too.. My Sisters wear anklets and some wear waist beads as well. My Grandmother (God rest her soul) wore one. In many traditional outfits in Nigeria, the waist bead is a part of it;

Look at these AFRICAN Women and spot the Hoe amongst them..

[img]http://3.bp..com/-gmwT-NcYn0w/TqaKNS3yJVI/AAAAAAAAAFI/kLXFBpqmv0o/s1600/Zulu+Girl.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-41XE6VROWDI/URWX7WMZQ-I/AAAAAAAAMsc/C1_8WvIl76M/s1600/521978_279957598764582_134391599987850_639715_329411599_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_ekbqL9uH0YE/SvuprcUWl8I/AAAAAAAAAGM/_s_nV92SArA/s1600-h/Akalaka28A.jpg[/img]

Feel free to refer to all those women as Hoes..

You need to learn to debate without getting personal young keemosabe. Attack the points not the person, thats how a mature person debates. So with the exception of my mother (who I believe may or may not have worn one as a youngin, my sisters do wear anklets (all of them) and some wear waist beads.. And NO, they are not prostitutes. 1 is a Graduate in Engineering and works overseas and the other is in school in Canada studying Electrical Engineering as well. Hope you are satisfied[/b]
You make me laugh.
These are ceremonial wears. We talking about day to day stuffs
Meanwhile chains are different from beads . lol
see the subject of the thread

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Teqqizz37(f): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2014
to me, it doesnt mean anytin... it depends on d girl's motive of wearin.... sum girls might jst lyk d beauty of it
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by dnawah(m): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2014
AfricanApple: have u ever seen Mami water worshippers?
yes!(one gave her life to God the other day)even ur girl friend or wife could be one.any woman wearing beads,jewellery and make ups,is directly or indirectly and knowingly or unknowingly worshiping it.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MadCow1: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
Fostercat:
You make me laugh.
These are ceremonial wears. We talking about day to day stuffs
Meanwhile chains are different from beads . lol
see the subject of the thread

Ceremonial wears indeed.. grin

There is no rule anywhere that has associated anklets or waist beads with promiscuity or prostitution..

Chains are the more expensive version of beads.. Virtually ever chain jewellry has a bead version. African women have always been associated with beads.

Same applies to anklets..

These have and still have their roots in Africa. Till tomorrow, Igbo women

Visit this page and see pictures of the Hamer Tribe of ethiopia that have not been corrupted by western civilization and religion and see how their women dress with beads from head to toe..

http://eye4ethnic..fr/2013/02/hamer-tribe-bull-jumping-ceremony.html#!/2013/02/hamer-tribe-bull-jumping-ceremony.html

[img]http://2.bp..com/-VjM4qjaD27Y/UZXCJFR8FrI/AAAAAAAAMzQ/y57baUJhDZY/s1600/anklets+4.1.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
talima: we copy wot we know nothing or little about. Ankle chain and ring on d small finger is originated from the UK as means of identifying a commercial sex worker(prostitute). Just like saggin originates from American prison.
yoga, your history about where ankle chain comes from is fake. go and read about it again

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by herald9: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
AfricanApple: yoga, your history about where ankle chain comes from is fake. go and read about it again
So you wear angle chains...don't you?
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
herald9:
So you wear angle chains...don't you?
nope, I do not wear angle chain.

eh o! which day u become f
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by herald9: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
AfricanApple: nope, I do not wear angle chain.

eh o! which day u become f
grin grin

u dnt like the f?

well...I don't despise gurlz wif angle chains sha

dey look angelic nd ajebotic... try one...it suites u!
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
herald9:
grin grin

u dnt like the f?

well...I don't despise gurlz wif angle chains sha

dey look angelic nd ajebotic... try one...it suites u!
how can u know that when u have never seen ma legs
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by iluvpomo(m): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
moneyhungry:
bullsh!t, I said the truth and its all there on your profile (I hope you don't delete it soon).
we say NO to trannies and homos.
he goat like you, after dem don yab you finish especially here you still de open mouth for this thread.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by herald9: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
AfricanApple: how can u know that when u have never seen ma legs
ve seen ur picz b4...Twas perfect... ah don't think ur legs can deviate frm dat perfectness...

So bebe... try it on...in two days time...u be jumping frm one Rav4 to another...
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by aprilaries(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
tongue
lertee: It is part of fashion,you should wear whatever you are comfortable in,there's no biggie in wearing ankle chain.
It is always the same misconception over ladies that wear waist chain too,you don't have to judge ladies by these accessories.

yes u r right.initially, I never use to admire ladies who pierce more than a hole in their ears- I use to see it as nt cool-but I feel having two pierces on each ear is cool and attractive now- but anything more than two is uncalled for.I dint like waist chain too until I saw it on a lady I was crazy abt and it made her look sexy especially d ones nt made of beads.wat I detest is piercing d nose-dats rubbish in my own view- for d ankle chain- I dnt like it but who ever uses it has d right to use it-atleast na her leg
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by moneyhungry(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
iluvpomo: he goat like you, after dem don yab you finish especially here you still de open mouth for this thread.
grin
now they're hiding under different monikers to throw shots at me. lol. coming from a gay moniker- 'iluvhomo', I'd let the police do their job.
bloody homo hypocrite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Come in for your excellently clean Uk(London) grade AA bales of clothes and bags / ~ Celebrity Fashion ~ / Please Recommend Any Skin Lightening Soap And Cream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.