Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain (95130 Views)

Why Do Women Wear Ankle Chains...? / Does A Woman Wearing An Ankle Bracelet Mean Something? / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by DOnly1(m): 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
AfricanApple: I usually see some girls wear ankle chain and I kinda admire it sometimes as I see it as fashion. but I was told its worn by prostitutes, that its what they use to identify themselves. how true is this besides how do you view girls who wear it.

for those I've seen who wears it, most of them are decent girls, so how come
they are all LovePeddler
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
djeezy: Don't you agree?
Nope...nt @ all
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kreamidiva(f): 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
Wolison: let me be clear now
Traditionally, beads are meant as a sign of honour to either a man or a woman; before a woman will be entitled to put on the anklets, she must have gone through traditional coronation.
The anklets you young ladies don these days has gone out of fashion, been realistic, young ladies though in d olden days donned it for more beatification but this contemporary time, has gone weird.
(not that am exhausted of typing a long note, I would've continued)

In my tradition, u need not go through any traditional coronation to wear beads. It's a form of adornment just the way it is today.

How have anklets gone weird my dear? We in these contemporary times are more innovative hence the variations...

My only happiness is that you Mr Wolison like it on women.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
if parents do their home work well,it'll be a non issue.It is dis IDGAF attitude that a lot of pple use to justify some nonsense they engage in.
MissMeiya:

If they spend their entire life living through what other people think of them, yes. That is low self-esteem.

Edit: sorry...
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: if parents do their home work well,it'll be a non issue.It is dis IDGAF attitude that a lot of pple use to justify some nonsense they engage in.

No comment.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Fulaman198(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ankle beads on Fulani women:

Maybe this is where my foot fetish came from I don't know cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWtXCMfuKuc

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Na wa
Double standards all over the thread. The same Nigerian women moaning about men complaining about their ankle bracelets would be the same ones to judge guys with earrings, chains and other types of males fashion accessories that don't augur well with their own beliefs about what a decent man should wear on his body.

Why moan about this when you are also judgemental?

Nigerian women have been stupidly hypocritical since 100BC.

6 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by najoke: 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
DailyNews: Okay sirgrin....all the best to u and ur unborn Miss Earth, maybe she will be one of my son's hot mistresses, I can't waitgringrin
^
While you educate your son on how to sleep around I will educate my daughter on sex education. That way she will be wiser and aware of the consequences of early sex and the pride of being a virgin. I will not make the same mistake my parent made which is the fear of discussing sex eduction with me.

Ps: you may want to educate your son on the use of condom anyways.

4 Likes

tebirim: Nne biko(please in Igbo) no decent man will respect you. Remember I said decent an,coz most guys still don't mind...A decent man wants a decent girl and if your not married just stop wearing it. Its up to you sha.....

For your mind ! Wearing ankle bracelets does not make on decent ? I see myself as I decent girl. I wear it because its fashionable. Just because you see hookers wearing it, does not make me one.

4 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Dreyl(m): 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

You seem to be veeeery familiar with what ashawos look and sound like. You be heavy patron for them, abi?

Typical disgusting hypocrite. Go and mind your own behavior and stop dictating to women what they should put on their own bodies.
A pathetic Ashewo spotted!
Tell me hoe where do u stand at night is it allen or bariga?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by duni04(m): 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
DailyNews: Okay sirgrin....all the best to u and ur unborn Miss Earth, maybe she will be one of my son's hot mistresses, I can't waitgringrin
Buhahahaha!
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
smiley
hw is your Dad?
is he back?
MissMeiya:

No comment.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by texanomaly(f): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
What do these say?

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Fostercat(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

See mumu. Prostitutes wear shoes as well. You betta commit your own from your foot before "they" mistake you for one. Ídiot.
Ashewo no be work o.get a life

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by lertee(f): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
coolbibz:

lol the misconception about ladies who were waist beads is the worst. Most of those waist beads look very rustic, like some voodoo of some sort. I for one, would be very careful with a lady who wears one, most especially if she comes off as being overly coquettish. I don't want one lady to come and use my glory for me lol grin. But seriously, Since these societal misconceptions are what we are aware of, why do we carry on with these things anyway? of what use is sending wrong signals? just thinking aloud.
There are actually very cool beads and the ladies wear them for different reasons.
Sometimes to check waistline so she can know if she is increasing or decreasing. As for the jazz thing,do you know it is not only waistbeads that people use,? even a particular dress can be used.

No one is sending any wrong signal,it depends on how another person choose to see the girl which does not even matter to the girl.

It is more like me uttering a statement,you may choose to understand it to suit your school of thought.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by bennyrazz: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
kandiikane:

Well, that is seen as ignorance. You don't stereotype yet you perceive those who wear g-string, eyelashes, tattoos, anklets etc as not being decent.

what example are they setting for their daughters? what message are they passing to the people around them? the key word for me here is modesty.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
1,000 likes grin
aroleodua: Double standards all over the thread. The same Nigerian women moaning about men complaining about their ankle bracelets would be the same ones to judge guys with earrings, chains and other types of males fashion accessories that don't augur well with their own beliefs about what a decent man should wear on his body.

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Fostercat: Ashewo no be work o.get a life

Dreyl: A pathetic Ashewo spotted!
Tell me hoe where do u stand at night is it allen or bariga?

So because I used logic to expose your ignorance, that makes me a prostitute? Sad little men. Are you afraid?

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by DonaldGenes(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
As far as I am concerned, i see such qirls as Lesbian and demonic Personified..Kinda disgusting
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by duni04(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
chidyhels: Expecting a counter thread.
'Whats your opinion on guys that wear earrings'

Over to the ladies.
Hi
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

So because I used logic to expose your ignorance, that makes me a prostitute? Sad little man. Are you afraid?

LOOL !

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by generalissimo(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
babeline:

Like seriously?? I pity your gf/wife
No no no! Pity ur own man for coming across a gal of ur mentality. If u find it difficulf to let go of a fashion trend for decency, then......ur man is a very lucky man

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Acidosis(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Fixed grin
grin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
aroleodua: Double standards all over the thread. The same Nigerian women moaning about men complaining about their ankle bracelets would be the same ones to judge guys with earrings, chains and other types of males fashion accessories that don't augur well with their own beliefs about what a decent man should wear on his body.

Quote them. Liar. Quote them.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kandiikane(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
generalissimo: U see, fufu like u just see new fashion trend and follow, no questions asked. Fish-brains like u wouldnt even bother to know the origin or what that symbolizes cos u blv u know better than d whole of Africans put together. Go and do ur research before running ur mouth here. Trending guy, who gives a damn what d westerners think of us other than pple like u who are lost in ur vanity-chasing quests?

What are you on about? Anklets has been worn by many societies since time immemorial. This has nothing to do with being western or not western. Anklets were worn by ancient egyptians and also dates back to the bronze age so what is western about it? Indians that wear it nko? Even on wedding day, dem be ashawo? Ignorance! Here you are spewing what it symbolises and it's origins when I can bet my left leg you don't know anything about it except for the bush mentality you'be been brought up with.

4 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Dreyl(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

So why did you ask, if you weren't interested? Curiosity killed the cat. Learn to mind your miserable business.
Get thee behind me winsh!
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by MabraO: 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Yes, I bought a new nose "last month. Iwin inu igbo like you tongue tongue grin

Hehehe
Tin ba gba e mu e grin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Idowuogbo(f): 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
lertee:
Post more please,let's feed our eyes..I love the bead around the ankle,sexy much.. wink
Na beads i dey rock pass cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dreyl: Get thee behind me winsh!

Aaaaaand there it is, ladies and gentlemen. The fear of an independent woman. If she cannot be controlled and told how to behave, look, and speak, then she's a witch or a prostitute.

Here's the mirror, for all of the hypocrites on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Fulaman198(m): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
I think women should be wearing these anklets more. It has nothing to do with being Ashawos. African women have always worn them. Learn to embrace the beauty of them fellow men and stop being SIPs.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by zicoraads: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Let me also share a story to help ladies reading.

A friend of mine, a lady was dating this guy whom she met in the university back in the day. Now they had been dating for about 6 years. He was this kinda guy who loved clubbing on weekends, had tatoos on his arm.

He was not the average Nigerian kinda husband but he loved her a lot. A whole lot. And to the best of my knowledge, didn't cheat on her either.

But when a certain, more decent looking guy came calling, she broke up with him and jumped in2 the new guys' arms. They got married and she is still regretting her actions 5 years down the line. Whoever thinks the decent looking girl would make for a better wife, in my opinion, is very naïve.

The fact that your friend rejected the young lady, probably cos of what you said, shows he is not yet ready. Besides, who knows, maybe God was trying to save her from making the biggest mistake of her life by marrying your friend. He works in mysterious ways you know.

For me tho, ankle chain would be a huge plus on any girl I want to marry. Its sexy as hell!
DailyNews: God bless u too my brother. Let me share a story here to help ladies reading.

One of my colleagues wanted to introduce his female cousin to another single colleague who's searching for a soulmate...the cousin stay @PH, so my colleague decided to show us what his female cousin looks like b4 d formal introduction...and while 3 of us where checking tru d lady's facebook pics, we were nodding- yes, yes, good to go...awesome until one pic spoilt the girl show!!

Lo and behold, she was wearing an ankle chain in one of her pics and d guy immediately lost interest and said: guy sorry I no fit o...I am not looking for a girlfriend abeg, na wife I de find. Meanwhile, I know this guy well, he's a guy that hails all these kind chicks and even dated some from what he do tell me.

Note: a pretty lady is a pretty lady and doesn't need all those show-off fashion to look trendy. A truly pretty lady will always look outstanding even when she is putting on a babariga gown, that's d truth ladies don't know.

You're beautiful, and u are still adding more wahala that end up spoiling ur image even before u are given a chance. This world operates by generalisation and assumption and no one can change or stop it, so be modest and trendy and avoid some fashion trends that may send d wrong signal to ppl afar.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Come in for your excellently clean Uk(London) grade AA bales of clothes and bags / Mr Nairaland 2016 - Grand Finale / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.