Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80567 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
shdemidemi:
I agree
I hope you understand that your so called approach ended with Paul- there were other soldiers of the gospel even after Paul, no wonder was recorded in their gathering. Could it be that Titus, Timothy, Philemon, onephorus et al did not have challenges?
Did Paul keep these power to wrought miracles for all of his life, considering he lived most of the tail end of his life in confinement not knowing when he will be killed?
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation
Bro, what exactly is the power of God in this verse?
Is it miracle? Is it signs and wonders that you love to call a proof?
The gospel of Christ i.e the story of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus is the power of God, nothing else.
The goodnews is the power of God my brother.

Acts 1:8New King James Version (NKJV)
8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you
;
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by honeychild(f): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Bidam: My apostle, i dey hail o. I saw your great teachings at the convention and i learnt alot. Thanks a zillion sir!

https://www.nairaland.com/1807818/she-stopped-picking-calls-after#24599343

shocked shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

Now, quit hating....the number of first timers in my church is staggering even in the midst of lies in the media, it goes to show ths holy Spirit does the work, not our power... I went out yesterday to invite folks for our global service with pastor chris this sunday ( you're invited too), and I went to the young ones, broken humanity, girls with heavy promiscuity, smokers, gamblers ...all below 23... and they were glad I came, they called me "Pastor Chris brother" "fine Pastor" (I'm not a pastor though, but imagine going soul winning in suit..who would not take you serious? ) ...and they said they wanted to stop their lifestyles, but can't. I said they would.

Fast forward in 2 year's time, these ones would be cleaned up, spirit filled, tongue talking and heavy givers.... and you will still come here and complain and whine and moan... where the hell where you when we were on the streets turning these people to righteousness and changing their lives? Right, u were hold that your phone, typing out 'the true gospel' on your blog and nairaland, calling pastors thieves and churches names...spreading your bitterness for those who'd be weak enough to assimilate

Re: Bolded above. There lies the problem. Charities all over the world engage in activities you have listed above to help lost souls turn their lives around but the difference is they don't expect back from them in return. It is quite clear from your utterances that the essence of doing the above is to eventually brainwash these people and then turn them to money spinners using the name of God.

Let's look back to when missionaries brought the gospel, they gave love without expecting back in return. Over the years, we have changed Christianity to suit our selfish desires. I grew up as an Anglican and the difference in what was obtainable as a christian 30 years ago to now is mind boggling.

The truth is westerners are the only ones still practicing true religion with their consistent charity and service to humanity without expecting back. Do you know how much they send to Africa every year as aid? What of the Nurses and Doctors from the West risking their lives in Ebola infected areas. Did you hear that the UK nurse that was treated for Ebola intends to return to where he contracted it.Will you do same?
This is all God wants us to be, love ourselves and that my brother is true religion.

All the bogus give 10% to get 100% is rubbish. Only materialistic individuals who do not understand what life is all about are interested in such. The reason why you want the material stuff is to impress your neighbour innit?

Nigerians are so funny to me, you chase all these money and can't boast of 24 hours electricity. (Topic for another day)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
Gombs gombs
How are u doing?
I am a psychologist and i can tell a lot about people from subtle details.
Your signature is fantastic and i love it, the conscious effort to add Phd to the man's name tells me a lot. So no need to take u serious again on any matter that concerns Pastor Chris. You dont have to reply, cos i aint interested in a dialogue, just had to drop this.

Thanks for stopping by wink... from the above bold, the feeling is mutual, I'm a computer scientist too, i can tell alot from people online, not needing subtle details

But...

never knew the PhD gets folks mad too shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
aysometin:

Re: Bolded above. There lies the problem. Charities all over the world engage in activities you have listed above to help lost souls turn their lives around but the difference is they don't expect back from them in return. It is quite clear from your utterances that the essence of doing the above is to eventually brainwash these people and then turn them to money spinners using the name of God.

Let's look back to when missionaries brought the gospel, they gave love without expecting back in return. Over the years, we have changed Christianity to suit our selfish desires. I grew up as an Anglican and the difference in what was obtainable as a christian 30 years ago to now is mind boggling.

The truth is westerners are the only ones still practicing true religion with their consistent charity and service to humanity without expecting back. Do you know how much they send to Africa every year as aid? What of the Nurses and Doctors from the West risking their lives in Ebola infected areas. Did you hear that the UK nurse that was treated for Ebola intends to return to where he contracted it.Will you do same?
This is all God wants us to be, love ourselves and that my brother is true religion.

All the bogus give 10% to get 100% is rubbish. Only materialistic individuals who do not understand what life is all about are interested in such. The reason why you want the material stuff is to impress your neighbour innit?

Nigerians are so funny to me, you chase all these money and can't boast of 24 hours electricity. (Topic for another day)

I see your problem is money...anyways, thanks for stopping by
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
WinsomeX: With the frequent reference to atheism in your post, permit me to assume that you were actually responding to my earlier post on CEC members turning atheists in their disillusion. I stand by those words, and your reference to superior argument has not changed my position at all; maybe your argument wasn't strong enough.

You flatter yourself too much. I told you before. You are the guy who started a thread on Kenneth Hagin and admitted to have never read a book written by him yet you attempted to critique his writings. That's the sure mark of a Pseudo-intellectual (I am being generous by attaching intellectual to anything you post).

In the sphere of philosophy and maybe law, this thesis will apply but certainly not in Christianity. In Christianity we must replace "superior argument" with "truth". If one brings an argument etched in truth, God's word, humility demands that you "switch sides". Christianity is owned by one who is called Wisdom himself. He told us that when we stand before our detractors, he would give us a mouth and a wisdom that no one can gain say. This is what Jesus, Peter, Steven and Paul experienced; why should we in this time despise wisdom and sound argument etched on biblical truth? Answer: Pentecostalism, in its quest for power traded wisdom for foolishness, so that even the power doesn't convince anyone anymore. The world thinks you are a joke. Case in point: Chris Oyakhilome.

Maybe if you spent 10% of the time you use to read nonsense to study your bible you would have come across this in scripture:

1 Corinthians 2:4New King James Version (NKJV)
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human[a] wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power

Mark 16:20New King James Version (NKJV)
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs.
Amen

Also if you knew a whiff of the man Chris Oyakhilome that you keep talking about, you would have known that he has nothing to do with Pentecostalism. But how would you know? The "truth" you know fails you ignominiously in deciding where the man stands with respect to denominations, yet you want us to believe you understand past John 3:16 of the bible. Joke with only yourself man- only a clown engages in discussions way above his pay grade.

Your frequent reference to frosbel knowing he's been absent from this thread so far is unfair to him. If you are really sure of your position on frosbel, open a thread for him and invite him like a man should, to debate his thoughts.

I do not agree with all of frosbel position on scripture but I will rather have one frosbel to a million CE members in fellowship.

Risible Delusions of grandeur from someone whose own former church didn't give a rat's behind when he left the church. The joke is fully on you.

Let me share this thoughts with you. The American anti tithe proponent on nl, MarkMiwerds, is a personal friend on FB. He is blind. He told me that years ago, apart from his loss of sight he was also confined to a wheel chair. He said God healed him from using a wheel chair; and today he still trusts that God for his sight. Mark is not Pentecostal. He doesn't believe in the shenanigans of Chris and Benny Hinn but he, like me, has experienced God's power.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Julius Agwu has nothing on you.

My point: Pentecostals have no argument when they claim credence in ministry because results and miracles follow some kind of ministry they do. T. B. Joshua also has it. Eastern cults in India and China have greater. The strength of Christianity is not signs and wonders; it is faith. The just shall live by faith. That's the message Jesus passed to Thomas commanding him and us to believe scriptures whether we see results or not. In the pursuance of results, signs, wonders, proof, etc, all sorts of demonic manifestations have entered Churches and the only people oblivious of this are Pentecostals. Read scripture and learn how much Jesus and his apostles warned us against lying signs and wonders that will come in our time. Only two things lends credence to ministry: not miracles but sound doctrine and an upright life (1Tim4). Again, these two are lacking in your idol, Chris; even though he is not in short supply of lying signs and wonders.

What a hapless ignoramus with his surfeit references to pentecostalism. Even T. B Joshua wasn't spared, as if this pseudo-intellectual didn't see the "Pentecostals" hold sermons to discredit T.B's claims to christianity. Like that was not enough, he made the demonic claim that Cults in India and China have greater power than Jesus' name- as if that is not the name that Pastors Chris and Joshua use to initiate the miracles. Besides, sicknesses and diseases cannot consistently obey a man if he does not walk in love, righteousness and true holiness.

By the way, proving that what you [believe] works is not the same thing as 'show me it works' then I will believe which is what most of you are guilty of. But you are not among the "most of you"- you have not believed and nothing you do works including your threads and blogs.

Honestly, I do not get your position here. Are you saying that the power Paul referenced here was miracles? If so, you are wrong. Its simply the power of God's Spirit shown fort in holy living and all the blessing that accompany faith in Christ, which then can include miracles but it is certainly not just strictly miracles.

Even if you would contend people's miracles and power, please don't extend it to the very scriptures that have become so evident that you do not study.

Hebrews 6:4-5New King James Version (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come

Anyone who was once enlightened, received the Holy Spirit, was baptized in him, and has been endowed with the power(s) of the age to come is who Paul was referring to and he said it will be almost impossible for such a person to become an atheist and if such happens he will never be able to repent. That's why you would never have such in our midst where these things happen on a regular.

What you have said is not true. Atheists do not believe in God at all talk less of his power. I do not believe charlatans especially those that preach false doctrine for gain no matter the amount of power they claim they have. There is a lot of difference. I, like many here, are recipients of God's miracles, daily; I do not doubt that God does them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jesus used the word "power" in only two places and they were not in reference to miracles. Jesus said he had power to forgive sins; he also said he had power to lay down his life and to take it up again. That's all. It would be beneficial for you to investigate the source of the power of those you glory in as mentors in ministry.

What an Ignoramus, who said this:

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me

Power here is Greek for Dunamis- Miracle working ability; ability to cause dynamic changes

Matthew 28:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All power has been given to Me in heaven and on earth

Power here is Exousia: Authority; delegated power; authority to use the power given.

In conclusion, neither SirJohn, myself or anyone else that has criticized Chris here doubts that God works miracles. Our debate here is that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is a liar. He has never worked a miracle and he will never work one in his life.

Cell leaders, ordinary members under his tutelage are working miracles and you are talking about Pastor Chris- one who has been working miracles since the 80s. Time has proven you and a few other nonentities to be the liars.

God's message does not need human help. God will work his power when he chooses to; you cannot work him up to it; no one has a "know-how-to-get-healed" machination anywhere to teach in a school. Healing schools are a lie. Many have sort for verifiable proofs of these healings from them and till date non has been supplied.

Yawns.

If anyone is guilty of talk, talk, talk, it is you, mbaemeka, and the sect you profess to follow: because you do no miracle, you only talk.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you
;

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

power as used in verse 7 is a delegated authority and a temporary right of disposal of God's power for the purpose of averring the message of Christ.

The only place where God's power is guaranteed to Christians is in the gospel and no where else.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Topgainer:
Rev. Oyakhilome has some spiritual backings(influence) no doubt but he has time and again given the generality of Christians reasons to question the particular Jesus his claimed to know.

With the teachings he has been churning out, I am not convinced yet that there are no mix ups in his agenda/mission

Many of the people who devoted their time, energy and money in marketing the Ministry thinking it was impeccable end up disbelieving the existence of God when they realized that they have been hypnotized and that most of his teachings are not biblical or emanating from the holy spirit

A double-sided man, unstable in all his ways will not receive anything from God.

James 1

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways

Compare what you said and the person cheering you's post to this post of yours:

Re: T.B. Joshua Pack Stadium In Colombia World Cup Style by Topgainer: 10:06pm On Jul 12
He is gifted, operates at higher spiritual callings than his contemporaries and lives modestly compared with many GOs
Colombia will definitely have enduring memory of the current that flows when the man calls the mighty name of Jesus

How could you tell T.B was gifted? Do you agree with all his teachings? Let us start there.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

power as used in verse 7 is a delegated authority and a temporary right of disposal of God's power for the purpose of averring the message of Christ.

The only place where God's power is guaranteed to Christians is in the gospel and no where else.

FA FA fa foul! The power in verse 8 was Dunamis. He was saying I have given you Exousia -Delegated power/ Authority to use Dunamis- miracle working ability which you will receive when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
Jesus used the word "power" in [size=20pt]only two places[/size] and they were not in reference to miracles. Jesus said he had power to forgive sins; he also said he had power to lay down his life and to take it up again. That's all. It would be beneficial for you to investigate the source of the power of those you glory in as mentors in ministry.

Drummaboy

Did you just say Jesus used the word Power only twice? What of matt 28:8? In fact in the book of Matthew, Jesus mentioned power 7 times dunamis and exousia...it may surprise you to know some word written miracle is actually dunamis-power... it is now evident you don't study nor know scripture, and confirmed mba's claim that you are pseudo intellectual, , and for me, that's putting it mildly
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
trustman:
I was still hoping to respond to him but I think this your own will do a better job than I would. I am yet to see a matching rebuttal to the issues you raised. Instead of resorting to ridicule or other underhand tactics what one expects was a more rational evaluation of the issues with a view to pointing out errors if any.
I look forward to your response.

I don't write to convince you. You don't count. I write to ensure that a dispassionate observer would not be swayed by a one-sided and false account as if the Tail wags the dog. If more than 80,000 people visit a place and 20 people have a contrary experience when compared to the remaining 79,880 why would they count?

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me

Power here is Greek for Dunamis- Miracle working ability; ability to cause dynamic changes

Are you lying or you just didn't check through properly?

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

A double-sided man, unstable in all his ways will not receive anything from God.

James 1

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways

Dont mind them, they werea the ones who sent Chris to the gallows for honoring Joshua's invitation, and Pastor Chris declaration that T.B. Joshua is indeed an MOG. Now, see his incredulous biasness?

Forget that fella...that's why I did not bother quoting the hypocrite. He's nailing Chris Oyakhilome, but it was same Chris that was sent to the gallows for visiting T.B. Joshua' s church, and declaring Joshua was a MOG.

Double standard concentrated hypocrisy

Compare what you said and the person cheering you's post to this post of yours:

How could you tell T.B was gifted? Do you agree with all his teachings? Let us start there.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

I see your problem is money...anyways, thanks for stopping by

LMAO ! This is all you can come up with.

You ignore all the charity and other facts stated and accuse me of what you are being accused of.(Love of money as reason for serving God) cheesy grin

Jokers.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by PastorKun(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

never knew the PhD gets folks mad too shocked shocked

I am sure you know the so called PhD your charlatan parades is also a fake, if not I challenge you to produce the name of the institution that awarded him the PhD and the date he was awarded.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Are you lying or you just didn't check through properly?

Am I lying about?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

FA FA fa foul! The power in verse 8 was Dunamis. He was saying I have given you Exousia -Delegated power/ Authority to use Dunamis- miracle working ability which you will receive when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.

Is this given power permanent?

What was the purpose for the delegation of power?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
aysometin:

LMAO ! This is all you can come up with.

You ignore all the charity and other facts stated and accuse me of what you are being accused of.(Love of money as reason for serving God) cheesy grin

Jokers.
He throws humour gifs to dodge intricate issues, he is well known for that. All he wants to do is defend his master to the hilt.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2014
PastorKun:

I am sure you know the so called PhD your charlatan parades is also a fake if not I challenge you to produce the name of the institution that awarded him the PhD and the date he was awarded

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Topgainer: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

I carefully selected the words I used in the post you referred to just like the one I wrote up there about Oyakhilome.

T. B Jushua is gifted like I would say the same for these French Magician that entertain on Weekends. The difference is that he has found a way of integrating the name of Jesus into the act, which to me is most interesting.
As for teachings and tricks, he is as bad as Oyaks but less arrogant than Reverend Oyakhilome
And yes among the Nigerian GOs whose organizations and teachings look dubious, he appears distinguished by trying his best at a modest lifestyle not forgetting that he has avoided the gimmicks of extortion prevalent among these other GOs.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
SirJohn: @mbaemeka,
Your robust reply was and attempt to reveal 1001 contradictions in my story was very comical.
I'll teach you what a robust reply is and that's what I have taken some time off my very busy schedule to do.

Let me start by correcting you Sir;
Yes I was at the healing school May 2008 session and yes I participated all four weeks of the session.
The may session had two parts, the first part ran from I think 5th of May 2008 to 19th May 2008, the second session started immediately and ended on the 3rd of June. A total of about 1000 participants or should I say students were admitted in the May session, about 500 students in each part. All these details like may others I have provided in this forum can be verified.

You quoted a post I made on NL back in May 2008 in defense of Pastor Chris, well its very simple, I was still a member and follower of Chris at that time, My mind was made up about the things that I saw in the healing school several months after part 2 of the session which ended on June 3rd 2008.

Foul sir! For the simple reason that the post you made was on the 19th of May 2008. When you had just finished watching the "charade" in the first session of the HS. I don't know why you bothered staying through till the end of the 2nd session when it was evident to you that neither you nor your "invalid" was going to see any real miracles.

There are about six months between the end of the session and my original post on NL; within this time, I did series of consultations with several leaders in the ministry starting from my leader, the governor of Haven 1 Christ Embassy Ojo and other deacons and pastors.

It may interest you to know that I once worshiped with CE Ojo within this time frame and I know most of the leaders there including Pastor Sola Olubode. I will put my own calls to verify your story when I have the time.

Attached with this write up is the unedited letter I wrote to my pastor at that time, he had seen my post on NL and demanded that I write officially to him; I believe Chris eventually got a copy of the letter.

OK

You also asked why I didn't pray for the person I took to the healing school; well that's funny considering who this is coming from. Why not ask CE pastors that send folks to the healing school why they do so

Matthew 17:16King James Version (KJV)
16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

We are all growing our faiths bro. I prayed for a distant cousin of mine that was suffering from full-blown AIDS (albeit his family kept it hidden from all of us) and the young man still died. I was hurt but it didn't make me doubt God's power or willingness to heal as I have spoken to others before and they got healed-sometimes instantly!

One of the most disturbing questions among many other things about the healing school was why did people have to be put in wheelchairs even when they can previously stand and walk? Why are people made to lie on stretchers and beds to appear to be bedridden when in fact they are not?

Some people's conditions get worse even while there and they placed them in wheelchairs and stretchers. But your account was contradictory. You said you saw a Lady who was supposed to be "acting" like she couldn't walk when she could. After the "act" you said she sank back in her wheelchair with a pale look on her face. If she could already walk well she should not have any pale look on her face. You flowered that aspect to buttress your grouse for whatever reasons known to you.

You are not the only intelligent person on earth. If your account was as true and clear as you say then close to the remaining 700 people saw the scam with you which if extrapolated by 6 years and 2 other HS' (in SA and Canada) that about 8000 people should have the same experiences with you. And if we include how viral information such as this should be then over 80,000 people should be saying the same things and that is not the case- not even close.

2 things you said in previous posts of yours just put my suspicions to rest. In one post you said: some of the students threatened to expose the sham but you calmed them down (after the first session) and in another post you said: I am of the opinion that we may never be able to see some of the bible miracles in our day. . ." and then you made references to medical science and what not.

My advice for you is that you should keep encouraging people to go there and see how "stage-managed" the miracles are. grin grin

I will not be able to convince you and you would not be able to convince me either- It is the dog that wags the tail and not the other way around.

I rest my case. . .again.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
Topgainer:

I carefully selected the words I used in the post you referred to just like the one I wrote up there about Oyakhilome.

T. B Jushua is gifted like I would say the same for these French Magician that entertain on Weekends. The difference is that he has found a way of integrating the name of Jesus into the act, which to me is most interesting.
As for teachings and tricks, he is as bad as Oyaks but less arrogant than Reverend Oyakhilome
And yes among the Nigerian GOs whose organizations and teachings look dubious, he appears distinguished by trying his best at a modest lifestyle not forgetting that he has avoided the gimmicks of extortion prevalent among these other GOs.

Very very funny. Only if you knew or understood the name or the power invested in the name of Jesus. Clearly you don't like many others here.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Topgainer: 8:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Topgainer:

Take my advice Gombs and Pastor Mbaemeka leave Christembassy now stop trying to justify your continued stay there. You guys are better of discovering God by your personal study of the word than wasting your income on Rapsody

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Is this given power permanent?

What was the purpose for the delegation of power?

Matthew 28:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus said he has all the Exousia (authority) in Heaven and earth so he told ALL OF US WHO BELIEVE IN HIM to GO with it to teach and baptize IN HIS NAME (for his name is what the father and Holy Spirit answer to). Then he said he will be with us ALWAYS till the end of the world.

How will he be with us ALWAYS when he was ascending to heaven and is there seated now? By the Holy Spirit that we received when we got saved:

John 14:16King James Version (KJV)
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

If the Holy Spirit is here his power will still be here because he is the author of the miracles. And if we receive him we also receive power (Dunamis). That's what Jesus meant here:

Acts 1:8King James Version (KJV)

As long as the Holy Spirit is around the power will be and since the Holy Spirit will be around forever, the power will be around forever too. QED
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Topgainer:
Take my advice Gombs and Pastor Mbaemeka leave Christembassy now stop trying to justify your continued stay there. You guys are better of discovering God by your personal study of the word than wasting your income on Rapsody

LOL. If you only knew.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 8:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Topgainer:

grin
Aha! Source of bitterness detected.- Envy!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Yooguyz: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

Drummaboy

Did you just say Jesus used the word Power only twice? What of matt 28:8? In fact in the book of Matthew, Jesus mentioned power 7 times dunamis and exousia...it may surprise you to know some word written miracle is actually dunamis-power... it is now evident you don't study nor know scripture, and confirmed mba's claim that you are pseudo intellectual, , and for me, that's putting it mildly

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

Matthew 28:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus said he has all the Exousia (authority) in Heaven and earth so he told ALL OF US WHO BELIEVE IN HIM to GO with it to teach and baptize IN HIS NAME (for his name is what the father and Holy Spirit answer to). Then he said he will be with us ALWAYS till the end of the world.

How will he be with us ALWAYS when he was ascending to heaven and is there seated now? By the Holy Spirit that we received when we got saved:

John 14:16King James Version (KJV)
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

If the Holy Spirit is here his power will still be here because he is the author of the miracles. And if we receive him we also receive power (Dunamis). That's what Jesus meant here:

Acts 1:8King James Version (KJV)

As long as the Holy Spirit is around the power will be and since the Holy Spirit will be around forever, the power will be around forever too. QED

May be you didn't get the question- what is the purpose for delegation of power by God?

If these power is permanent, should it be subject to chance? I ask this question because the miracle merchants don't seem to heal all like the apostles did at Pentecost.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Mba o, leave shedemidemi and his delusions...he'd take you on spins, and later insult you... cool
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Topgainer: 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

Very very funny. Only if you knew or understood the name or the power invested in the name of Jesus. Clearly you don't like many others here.

The name Jesus works I am not contending that what I am contending and which many others are condemning is the penchant for some these pastors to complement where Jesus decides to stop or delay his answer with make believe for reasons best known to them. And there is substantial evidence that Pastor Chris among other things is involved in this
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs, mbaemeka and other CEC members are actually trying to be be cunning.
They attempt to shift the discussion points or CHANGE TOPICS of discussion.
They attempt to use the motive of members to JUDGE their posts and reply with
their perceived Op's reason for stating what was stated.
They employ pretense of laughter or other emotions.
When they can't answer questions they find ways to throw it off.
The new resort to catchy pictures is also attempt at putting readers of the real
issues. They want to make it seem less serious than it is or inconsequential.
Even issues posted as a matter of life and death are easily turned into Mickey Mouse
affair by them.
They are not honest in looking at the argument and evidence provided by others.
No serious thoughts are given to posts of those they consider 'opponents' rather
what they immediately want to do is 'puncture' the post OR divert attention away
from the core issues to some other thing.
For example, they will prefer that this thread go in the direction of arguing over
the meaning of POWER so that at the end of the day the focus is lost.

SirJohn has again obliged us with DETAILS concerning his experience in a place
that was supposed to have AN ATMOSPHERE FOR MIRACLES.
All we see is still attempts at accusations and the like.
IF A MAN HAS THE GIFT OF MIRACLES what should it take for such a gift to be displayed?
Will it take a school to first TEACH the students how to prepare themselves for the man's
gift to be displayed?
Who is exercising the gift? The man or the expectant recipients?
Is their PRESENCE at the SCHOOL not enough FAITH that they expected to see MIRACLE?

Now, look at this:
Mbaemeka's response to SirJohn being at the healing school in May 2008 is this -
Foul sir! For the simple reason that the post you made was on the 19th of May 2008. When you had just finished watching the "charade" in the first session of the HS. I don't know why you bothered staying through till the end of the 2nd session when it was evident to you that neither you nor your "invalid" was going to see any real miracles.
Now to an objective observer of the trend, the questions that can arise are:
SirJohn himself mentioned that it was several months after the healing school
episode that he made up his mind about the things going on at the healing school.
So what is the 'FOUL' about? And what is the query on staying till the end of the 2nd session for?
Did he read the post well?
It is responses like these that make one wonder if they are actually out to see the facts of a matter
or they just want to 'fight' any perceived opponent's arguments whether it is reasonable to do so
or not.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply)

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / "Man Dies In Coffin After Abuja Pastor Paid Him N500k For Miracle Scam"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.