Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80512 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs: Bidam...I see you o grin

Where have thou been?
Bro..many hailings, don't mind me jare. I decided to be silent for a while and just sneak in and laff at some posts here.Hope you are good man?cheesy
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Yooguyz: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2014
@Bidam, welcome back loooong time.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

The sword were for suya... or they must have borrowed it to cut grasses and wanted to return it the owners!
Chei..Gombs no go kill peson with laff dis morning o. This post is hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2014
One thing is sure: sooner or later, young people like Gombs will learn the truth. But because they have so castigated it, it will be difficult for them to return to it.

[size=29pt]Whaaaaat?[/size]

Caught in a fit of disappointment and confusion, many of these young people turn to atheism. Are we not all surprised at the rising number of atheists in Nigeria? A thread was opened the other day where the OP, an atheist, was asking how others were "converted" to atheism. The few comments I read all said they became atheists as they reacted negatively to their disillusion to church doctrines and practices.

Hypocrisy in its finest form... when you and your team go around insulting ministries, pastors, body of Christ etc because you have to tell the 'truth', you never thought of the chain reaction? Now you heaping the blame on ministries rather than the bitter fellows like you who go around rubbishing the body of Christ.

However, any Christian who reverts to atheism for whatever reason would in no way escape judgement of God, better call your gang of atheist who back you up in threads against your fdllow Christians, those who insult God but you lot did not see anything wrong in their atheism, nor belief, so far they supported your stand. Weirdly enough, you championed calling pastors thieves and crooks and churches you called them business centers, now you are here flying the flag of a saint. Shameless

That is the biggest tragedy Chris Oyakhilome and other are producing among our young people. Lies don't last. Sooner or later everything comes to the open. But what happens to the meek minds that have believed these lies all these days? Atheism.

You are very laughable!
The younger folks seems to bother you ths most, you know, a lady once me, "why is it your church has many young people, and they are always handsome and beautiful? Do you people select those who should be there?"

I smiled and answered "large number of those who go out for soul winning are young people mostly below 40 largely between 18 and 30, they meet folks their age bracket and get them won to Christ, disciple them and get them established, and this is possible because Pastor Chris and church pastors emphasises on soul winning almost everyday. And for beautiful and handsome people, it's the Word o, you can't make Word confessions daily and don't look beautiful and handsome, the anointing makes everything it meets beautiful and attractive. "

Now, quit hating....the number of first timers in my church is staggering even in the midst of lies in the media, it goes to show ths holy Spirit does the work, not our power... I went out yesterday to invite folks for our global service with pastor chris this sunday ( you're invited too), and I went to the young ones, broken humanity, girls with heavy promiscuity, smokers, gamblers ...all below 23... and they were glad I came, they called me "Pastor Chris brother" "fine Pastor" (I'm not a pastor though, but imagine going soul winning in suit..who would not take you serious? ) ...and they said they wanted to stop their lifestyles, but can't. I said they would.

Fast forward in 2 year's time, these ones would be cleaned up, spirit filled, tongue talking and heavy givers.... and you will still come here and complain and whine and moan... where the hell where you when we were on the streets turning these people to righteousness and changing their lives? Right, u were hold that your phone, typing out 'the true gospel' on your blog and nairaland, calling pastors thieves and churches names...spreading your bitterness for those who'd be weak enough to assimilate

My offer still remains to all Christ Embassy people, when you learn the truth by yourself, in the quietness if your room and heart, and begin to see questions that cannot be answered, pls do not turn to atheism. Send me or any of the others that have maintained truth on this forum a PM. We will attend to you. We will minister to you. We promise to keep it private and God will help us all.

Really? grin others who have maintained the truth? Like kunle, shedemidemi, zikky, frosbel, etc? Like seriously? The insults you and these folks has insulted the body of Christ is treasonable! Now, Drummaboy with a new moniker is acting saint!

Minister to them? grin dear Lord Jesus!

5 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2014
Yooguyz: @Bidam, welcome back loooong time.
My apostle, i dey hail o. I saw your great teachings at the convention and i learnt alot. Thanks a zillion sir!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2014
Bidam: Bro..many hailings, don't mind me jare. I decided to be silent for a while and just sneak in and laff at some posts here.Hope you are good man?cheesy

I am o...tis been a crazy week on nl... but I'm aii... strong as Caleb

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Yooguyz: 9:15am On Sep 12, 2014
Bidam: My apostle, i dey hail o. I saw your great teachings at the convention and i learnt alot. Thanks a zillion sir!

Small boy like me na eim you dey call apostle. Anyway thanks 4 the compliment smiley
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Yooguyz: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2014
@Gombs, I like your gifs, how do you get them?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2014
Yooguyz: @Gombs, I like your gifs, how do you get them?

Online, Heheheheheh cheesy
Like reactiongifs.com or photobucket.com

They became necessary to communicate my facial expression when I read some posts here!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2014
Joagbaje:

Sin can make people lose a miracle. And there are other reasons. But still least for several months ,they were free of the excruciating pain and symptoms. If out of the thousands who got healed some had attacked of the disease. Why blame the church. What of the thousands that didn't loose their healing.

I prayed for a man with ebbola in Arusha Tanzania , he got healed since August 4th , he is still healed. Every symptom stopped.

I prayed for a young man with HIV over a year ago he got healed. He went for test in 3 hospitals , his status changed to negative. He has added weight . He is still healed . Watch the video here
HIV HEALED. https://www.dropbox.com/l/zm7qzQm89ZWxuyrDrva8kp

Oniro buruku...
All these your "I prayed, I prayed" matter that you dwell on, only God can deliver you from the lies you tell yourself. Your heart is so seared that you now believe your own lies.

If God heals, He heals completely regardless of the lie you tell the day or the year after. His mercy isn't dependent on how good or bad I am. If an ordinary mortal father wouldn't treat his child as such, how much more God.

Quit the lies...

7 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Yooguyz: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

Online, Heheheheheh cheesy
Like reactiongifs.com or photobucket.com

They became necessary to communicate my facial expression when I read some posts here!

Thanks.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Oniro buruku...
All these your "I prayed, I prayed" matter that you dwell on, only God can deliver you from the lies you tell yourself. Your heart is so stirred that you now believe your own lies.

If God heals, He heals completely regardless of the lie you tell the day or the year after. His mercy isn't dependent on how good or bad I am. If an ordinary mortal father wouldn't treat his child as such, how much more God.

Quit the lies...

Meet One of those who has maintained the truth on this forum... sarcastic right? grin

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

Meet One of those who has maintained the truth on this forum... sarcastic right? grin

Good to hear from you again chris' muppet.. How is mrs Gombs, I hope she isn't residing in Togo? grin

On a lighter note, I just saw an actor who deserves an award for his role and performance in a fictitious drama.

Passion!!! Tears!!! Testimony!!! Yeeeee! Demons spoke, they flee.... Can't put all in words.

Cast -joagbaje and others

go grab your copy NOWWWWWWW...

https://www.dropbox.com/l/zm7qzQm89ZWxuyrDrva8kp

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 10:43am On Sep 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Good to hear from you again chris' muppet.. How is mrs Gombs, I hope she isn't residing in Togo? grin

On a lighter note, I just saw an actor who deserves an award for his role and performance in a fictitious drama.

Passion!!! Tears!!! Testimony!!! Yeeeee! Demons spoke, they flee.... Can't put all in words.

Cast -joagbaje and others

go grab your copy NOWWWWWWW...

https://www.dropbox.com/l/zm7qzQm89ZWxuyrDrva8kp

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2014
^^^ grin grin
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
The easiest thing for anyone to do is to switch sides when a more superior argument trounces yours. The more superior argument doesn't even need to be the truth- just a few facts here and there presented in a more logical or deceptive way and one can make a new convert.

When another argument, more superior to the one that had earlier convinced you comes, immediately you switch sides again and this will be the case as long as one is swayed by the interpretation of facts or truths as the case maybe. That's why you have people like Frosbel who has so strayed to the point that he is now a proponent of Neo-agnostism.

What is the solution? Preach what you believe and demonstrate that it works (I will place a period here). It was Moses' approach, Elijah's, Jesus' and even Paul's.

Paul was a theologian per excellence, but he knew that wranglings with words, strife, exchange of banter etc. Wasn't going to make much difference so he backed up what he taught with the proofs that it worked.

This is pertinent because Christianity would have been like any other dead religion if it was devoid of the power. It would have been a mere case of "serve your God the way you want and I will serve my God the way I want". It is the reason for different religions springing up at almost every nuke and cranny of the world and why some have become atheists- because there is a paucity of proof that anything anybody believes in is real.

Paul said in Hebrews, that it is impossible for anyone who was once enlightened; tasted of the Power from on High; shared in the Holy Spirit; tasted the goodness of the word of God and the Powers of the coming age, if they fall away to be brought back to repentance. That's how convincing the demonstration is and Paul knows it..

So atheists and the likes will be offshoots and found in the midst of those who talk about godliness but excuse the power. The one's who disparage the gifts of tongues or the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. The one's who talk, talk. . . and talk more. And the reason is clear:

(goodnews + power = Christianity) while (any news - power= religion/Agnostism ~ Atheism)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Yooguyz: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
^^^ well said.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by SirJohn(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka:

Expect a robust reply from me on my observations from SirJohn's account.

mbaemeka:

I can show you 1001 contradictions in the super-story of SirJohn but it will not convince you because you are blinded to truth.

So after all you said above, this was the best you could come up with... I'll respond to it shortly

mbaemeka: Trustman,
Drum rolls! The inducement begins with the first line ^^ to make his account seem believable
Here he is employing the same tactics that he is accusing CEC of by trying to appear believable. Interestingly he adds that a large number of pastors and partners are being hoodwinked. Only SirJohn was wise enough to spot the ploy even if he went there to get an invalid healed. *nods*
All through May he says he was at the Healing school. Which means by the 19th he should have already spent either or close to 2 weeks and has already made most if not all of his observations yet he made this post when Pastor Chris was accused of paying people money to act healed:
If this were true, you should have atleast some of your experiences where you applied his teachings and saw results. How many sick people did you heal? How many miraculous things happened since 2004- nearly 4 years later? Why did you continue believing the teachings (that you followed to the letter) without seeing results?
Why didn't you try to minister to the person yourself?
I expected these "several" folks to come out and report the charade that they were experiencing. I would have done so. In fact, I would have caused a scene like Bartimeaus.
O they could walk? So why were they at the HS to begin with?
If they had no signs of pain or disability, what were they doing at the HS? And they were several of them. Hmmm. Your memory must be very good to have kept track of all of them while your invalid was waiting to be healed. Commendable discovery.
I understand. The Pastors and partners were being deceived bare-faced and you, who went there to get an invalid healed, had seen beyond all the hullabaloo.
Wow, it's a miracle. The man exercised his faith and began to walk after 2 days? He should have gone home. Why did he stay? And you were observing him from day 1 till day 14 (even as you observed all the people in the HS)? Wow. I won't have had time to observe people like this, given that I went there to get someone else healed.
I don't know why the man stayed 13 days after he started exercising his faith. Besides, did Pastor Chris know that the man had been previously moving around without the neck guard and crutches?
Interesting. Earlier you said
Now you observed that 1 of the ladies that acted healed by standing and walking quietly sat back in her wheelchair with a pale look on her face. Why did she have a pale look on her face if she could already walk and stand? She should have been walking and acting very normal. That would have been a better deception, don't you think?
In conclusion, I can say without a doubt that you are a journalist or maybe a very good writer with imaginative predispositions. You were not a member of CEC (at least not in Spirit) and you did not go there with any invalid.
You went there to prove that what you had suspected about the HS was true, so you spent a large part of your May 2008 observing what you were seeing there and thinking of creative ways to re-tell it. The account you gave us lasted for 2 weeks but you said you spent 4 weeks there. Why didn't you leave after the first session (2 weeks)? That would have been the breaking point for me. After noticing that the place was a charade I won't have bothered waiting for the next session if I really went there to get someone healed. The only thing that would have kept me for the extra 2 weeks is if I was on an assignment.
I see no reason why a HAVEN secretary who had been in the ministry for 4 years (coughs) and has attended a handful of conferences won't have seen people in the audience that got healed without Pastor Chris laying hands on them and many of them don't ever end up testifying. I struggle to understand who your branch Pastor was that you never saw anyone get healed in the programmes he would have organized. I don't know why you didn't take your own advice by talking to the people who "acted" healed and investigated them? Why didn't you check if they were being paid to act?
I believe between May and November when you made your post, something happened to you and I doubt it had anything to do with your experience in the HS. I don't know your grouse with Pastor Chris but I think that it is personal and has veered off into the situation where you always wake up when his name is mentioned (you came on the "lost" threads that talked about his trip to India and the auditorium he built in AAU) amongst other things.
I know many people and I have heard testimonies of many others who visited the HS and came back healed. All of them are still hale and hearty. So I leave you to the observers as you can never convince anyone who applies the name of Jesus to situations and sicknesses and has seen results (sometimes instant) that 1) healings are fake or placebo-effect elicited 2) that Pastor Chris who we see use the name of Jesus for the same situations is faking it.
He can deceive people for some time certainly (if he was faking it). But not for how many years now- to the point that he has even started another one in Canada despite all the allegations and "scandals". Besides, what does he stand to gain? He doesn't charge a fee and contrary to your assertions that they "force" people to become partners that was not my experience so I don't know what to make of yours, except to conclude that it is not true.
I rest my case.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka: The easiest thing for anyone to do is to switch sides when a more superior argument trounces yours. The more superior argument doesn't even need to be the truth- just a few facts here and there presented in a more logical or deceptive way and one can make a new convert.

When another argument, more superior to the one that had earlier convinced you comes, immediately you switch sides again and this will be the case as long as one is swayed by the interpretation of facts or truths as the case maybe. That's why you have people like Frosbel who has so strayed to the point that he is now a proponent of Neo-agnostism.

What is the solution? Preach what you believe and demonstrate that it works (I will place a period here). It was Moses' approach, Elijah's, Jesus' and even Paul's.

Paul was a theologian per excellence, but he knew that wranglings with words, strife, exchange of banter etc. Wasn't going to make much difference so he backed up what he taught with the proofs that it worked.

This is pertinent because Christianity would have been like any other dead religion if it was devoid of the power. It would have been a mere case of "serve your God the way you want and I will serve my God the way I want". It is the reason for different religions springing up at almost every nuke and cranny of the world and why some have become atheists- because there is a paucity of proof that anything anybody believes in is real.

Paul said in Hebrews, that it is impossible for anyone who was once enlightened; tasted of the Power from on High; shared in the Holy Spirit; tasted the goodness of the word of God and the Powers of the coming age, if they fall away to be brought back to repentance. That's how convincing the demonstration is and Paul knows it..

So atheists and the likes will be offshoots and found in the midst of those who talk about godliness but excuse the power. The one's who disparage the gifts of tongues or the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. The one's who talk, talk. . . and talk more. And the reason is clear:

(goodnews + power = Christianity) while (any news - power= religion/Agnostism ~ Atheism)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by PastorKun(m): 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
Joagbaje:

Sin can make people lose a miracle. And there are other reasons. But still least for several months ,they were free of the excruciating pain and symptoms. If out of the thousands who got healed some had attacked of the disease. Why blame the church. What of the thousands that didn't loose their healing.

I prayed for a man with ebbola in Arusha Tanzania , he got healed since August 4th , he is still healed. Every symptom stopped.

I prayed for a young man with HIV over a year ago he got healed. He went for test in 3 hospitals , his status changed to negative. He has added weight . He is still healed . Watch the video here
HIV HEALED. https://www.dropbox.com/l/zm7qzQm89ZWxuyrDrva8kp

I just finished watching joagabje's latest home video grin I had refrained from watching it before because as usual i expected it would be a waste of precious MB but i am glad i watched this one cause it provided quality entertainment cheesy The actors Joagbaje used in this episode deserve an Oscar for their scintillating performance wink the only poor actor was Joagbaje himself as i couldn't determine whether he was trying to laugh or cry in the perfomance he put up in the last one minute of the video tongue but all said sha it was a really entertaining comic relief.

PS: Joagbaje looks like a fish out of water on that pulpit. tongue he looks like a reformed and dressed up area boy hustling to make a living. grin

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by nora544: 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1898022/prayer-warrior-dies-ebola-name

read this please so that is a story from Liberia from a woman from a pentecost church.

She is a victim of the brainwashing from a pentecost pastor!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by jared007: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
My concluding remark 4 dis post is dat pastorkun, and co demonic attacks on CEC has helped in even strengthening our unity just like Boko haram is giving Nigerians a sense of unity. END!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
SirJohn:

So after all you said above, this was the best you could come up with... I'll respond to it shortly

I was still hoping to respond to him but I think this your own will do a better job than I would. I am yet to see a matching rebuttal to the issues you raised. Instead of resorting to ridicule or other underhand tactics what one expects was a more rational evaluation of the issues with a view to pointing out errors if any.
I look forward to your response.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
mbaemeka: The easiest thing for anyone to do is to switch sides when a more superior argument trounces yours. The more superior argument doesn't even need to be the truth- just a few facts here and there presented in a more logical or deceptive way and one can make a new convert.

I agree
mbaemeka:

I hope you understand that your so called approach ended with Paul- there were other soldiers of the gospel even after Paul, no wonder was recorded in their gathering. Could it be that Titus, Timothy, Philemon, onephorus et al did not have challenges?

mbaemeka:

Did Paul keep these power to wrought miracles for all of his life, considering he lived most of the tail end of his life in confinement not knowing when he will be killed?

mbaemeka:

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation

Bro, what exactly is the power of God in this verse?

Is it miracle? Is it signs and wonders that you love to call a proof?

The gospel of Christ i.e the story of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus is the power of God, nothing else.

mbaemeka:

The goodnews is the power of God my brother.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by PastorKun(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
jared007: My concluding remark 4 dis post is dat pastorkun, and co demonic attacks on CEC has helped in even strengthening our unity just like Boko haram is giving Nigerians a sense of unity. END!

The demonic attack on cec is what is making pastor Chris sleep with female members of the church whilst ignoring his wife. We are only pointing out the obvious and not that we are the source of the attacks. Pastor Chris desperately needs deliverance. sad

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
With the frequent reference to atheism in your post, permit me to assume that you were actually responding to my earlier post on CEC members turning atheists in their disillusion. I stand by those words, and your reference to superior argument has not changed my position at all; maybe your argument wasn't strong enough.

mbaemeka:
The easiest thing for anyone to do is to switch sides when a more superior argument trounces yours. The more superior argument doesn't even need to be the truth- just a few facts here and there presented in a more logical or deceptive way and one can make a new convert. When another argument, more superior to the one that had earlier convinced you comes, immediately you switch sides again and this will be the case as long as one is swayed by the interpretation of facts or truths as the case maybe.

In the sphere of philosophy and maybe law, this thesis will apply but certainly not in Christianity. In Christianity we must replace "superior argument" with "truth". If one brings an argument etched in truth, God's word, humility demands that you "switch sides". Christianity is owned by one who is called Wisdom himself. He told us that when we stand before our detractors, he would give us a mouth and a wisdom that no one can gain say. This is what Jesus, Peter, Steven and Paul experienced; why should we in this time despise wisdom and sound argument etched on biblical truth? Answer: Pentecostalism, in its quest for power traded wisdom for foolishness, so that even the power doesn't convince anyone anymore. The world thinks you are a joke. Case in point: Chris Oyakhilome.

mbaemeka:
That's why you have people like Frosbel who has so strayed to the point that he is now a proponent of Neo-agnostism.

Your frequent reference to frosbel knowing he's been absent from this thread so far is unfair to him. If you are really sure of your position on frosbel, open a thread for him and invite him like a man should, to debate his thoughts.

I do not agree with all of frosbel position on scripture but I will rather have one frosbel to a million CE members in fellowship.

mbaemeka:

Let me share this thoughts with you. The American anti tithe proponent on nl, MarkMiwerds, is a personal friend on FB. He is blind. He told me that years ago, apart from his loss of sight he was also confined to a wheel chair. He said God healed him from using a wheel chair; and today he still trusts that God for his sight. Mark is not Pentecostal. He doesn't believe in the shenanigans of Chris and Benny Hinn but he, like me, has experienced God's power.

My point: Pentecostals have no argument when they claim credence in ministry because results and miracles follow some kind of ministry they do. T. B. Joshua also has it. Eastern cults in India and China have greater. The strength of Christianity is not signs and wonders; it is faith. The just shall live by faith. That's the message Jesus passed to Thomas commanding him and us to believe scriptures whether we see results or not. In the pursuance of results, signs, wonders, proof, etc, all sorts of demonic manifestations have entered Churches and the only people oblivious of this are Pentecostals. Read scripture and learn how much Jesus and his apostles warned us against lying signs and wonders that will come in our time. Only two things lends credence to ministry: not miracles but sound doctrine and an upright life (1Tim4). Again, these two are lacking in your idol, Chris; even though he is not in short supply of lying signs and wonders.

mbaemeka:

Honestly, I do not get your position here. Are you saying that the power Paul referenced here was miracles? If so, you are wrong. Its simply the power of God's Spirit shown fort in holy living and all the blessing that accompany faith in Christ, which then can include miracles but it is certainly not just strictly miracles.

mbaemeka:

What you have said is not true. Atheists do not believe in God at all talk less of his power. I do not believe charlatans especially those that preach false doctrine for gain no matter the amount of power they claim they have. There is a lot of difference. I, like many here, are recipients of God's miracles, daily; I do not doubt that God does them.

In conclusion, neither SirJohn, myself or anyone else that has criticized Chris here doubts that God works miracles. Our debate here is that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is a liar. He has never worked a miracle and he will never work one in his life.

God's message does not need human help. God will work his power when he chooses to; you cannot work him up to it; no one has a "know-how-to-get-healed" machination anywhere to teach in a school. Healing schools are a lie. Many have sort for verifiable proofs of these healings from them and till date non has been supplied.

If anyone is guilty of talk, talk, talk, it is you, mbaemeka, and the sect you profess to follow: because you do no miracle, you only talk.

6 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

I agree

I hope you understand that your so called approach ended with Paul- there were other soldiers of the gospel even after Paul, no wonder was recorded in their gathering. Could it be that Titus, Timothy, Philemon, onephorus et al did not have challenges?

Did Paul keep these power to wrought miracles for all of his life, considering he lived most of the tail end of his life in confinement not knowing when he will be killed?

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation

Bro, what exactly is the power of God in this verse?

Is it miracle? Is it signs and wonders that you love to call a proof?

The gospel of Christ i.e the story of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus is the power of God, nothing else.

The goodnews is the power of God my brother.

Is it that you don’t know the difference between Power-Dunamis and Power- Exousia? The power mba must have been talking about is exousia as used in Matthew 28:18 not Dunamis as in Romans 1: 16

As for te coloured, what Power was Jesus referring to in Matthew 28:18? His own death, burial and resurrection?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Topgainer: 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Rev. Oyakhilome has some spiritual backings(influence) no doubt but he has time and again given the generality of Christians reasons to question the particular Jesus his claimed to know.

With the teachings he has been churning out, I am not convinced yet that there are no mix ups in his agenda/mission

Many of the people who devoted their time, energy and money in marketing the Ministry thinking it was impeccable end up disbelieving the existence of God when they realized that they have been hypnotized and that most of his teachings are not biblical or emanating from the holy spirit

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Topgainer:
Many of the people who devoted their time, energy and money in marketing the Ministry thinking it was impeccable end up disbelieving the existence of God when they realized that they have been hypnotized and that most of his teachings are not biblical or emanating from the holy spirit

Tell them.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs:

Is it that you don’t know the difference between Power-Dunamis and Power- Exousia? The power mba must have been talking about is exousia as used in Matthew 28:18 not Dunamis as in Romans 1: 16

As for te coloured, what Power was Jesus referring to in Matthew 28:18? His own death, burial and resurrection?

I doubt if you understand what you wrote...

explain what 'exousia' means, compare your meaning to the 'power' used in Matthew 28:18.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by SirJohn(m): 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
@mbaemeka,
Your robust reply was and attempt to reveal 1001 contradictions in my story was very comical.
I'll teach you what a robust reply is and that's what I have taken some time off my very busy schedule to do.

Let me start by correcting you Sir;
Yes I was at the healing school May 2008 session and yes I participated all four weeks of the session.
The may session had two parts, the first part ran from I think 5th of May 2008 to 19th May 2008, the second session started immediately and ended on the 3rd of June. A total of about 1000 participants or should I say students were admitted in the May session, about 500 students in each part. All these details like may others I have provided in this forum can be verified.

You quoted a post I made on NL back in May 2008 in defense of Pastor Chris, well its very simple, I was still a member and follower of Chris at that time, My mind was made up about the things that I saw in the healing school several months after part 2 of the session which ended on June 3rd 2008.

There are about six months between the end of the session and my original post on NL; within this time, I did series of consultations with several leaders in the ministry starting from my leader, the governor of Haven 1 Christ Embassy Ojo and other deacons and pastors.

Attached with this write up is the unedited letter I wrote to my pastor at that time, he had seen my post on NL and demanded that I write officially to him; I believe Chris eventually got a copy of the letter.

You also asked why I didn't pray for the person I took to the healing school; well that's funny considering who this is coming from. Why not ask CE pastors that send folks to the healing school why they do so grin grin

One of the most disturbing questions among many other things about the healing school was why did people have to be put in wheelchairs even when they can previously stand and walk? Why are people made to lie on stretchers and beds to appear to be bedridden when in fact they are not?

I have attached a video of a similar act by a certain minister by the name of WV Grant whose antics were exposed by James Randi (you can fast forward to 1:43 on the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAzqiYvlOY

The people captured in the pictures attached were participants in the may 2008 session and both (including many more I will post later) did not come to the healing school with wheelchairs. they could both previously stand and walk

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gombs: Amazing testimony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyRuTdNxvto
Gombs gombs
How are u doing?
I am a psychologist and i can tell a lot about people from subtle details.
Your signature is fantastic and i love it, the conscious effort to add Phd to the man's name tells me a lot. So no need to take u serious again on any matter that concerns Pastor Chris. You dont have to reply, cos i aint interested in a dialogue, just had to drop this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (38) (Reply)

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / Prophet Odumeje: Native Doctor Performs Rituals Against Chukwuemeka Ohanemere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.