Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,540 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos (41347 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Iceking1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
God

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by wildchild1: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
may the lord keep us safe in this country cos he's the only one that truly wipe this deadly and satanic virus out of the country
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
I pray and hope its truly well managed oh!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by kennosklint(m): 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
ftp tins
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
kennydee05: Lagos will surely overcome it and it will surely be the last Ebola case that will be reported in Nigeria.

You wish
Wow! Actually, "no wow!" Was highly probable all along. Forgive my "net-speak".

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Coldfeet(f): 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
lilprinze: Does Nigeria now have Zmapp because all I hear is cases have been successfully managed and patients have been discharged. Abeg what are they taking to manage it?
You just took it right out of me I wondered the same too What did they use to treat those that have been discharged? And what are they using on those still in isolation that they couldn't or didn't use on the dead ones? Let them not be counting malaria and typhoid fever survivors as ebola survivors please.

2 Likes

searay: Just heard it on AIT
nah wa for this ebola

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Itydee(m): 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobleval: This is the last Ebola case in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
This disease keep chasing me away from these affected states. I know we will wipe out this disease.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Observator: 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Coldfeet: You just took it right out of me I wondered the same too What did they use to treat those that have been discharged? And what are they using on those still in isolation that they couldn't or didn't use on the dead ones? Let them not be counting malaria and typhoid fever survivors as ebola survivors please.

Kindly note that Ebola could be managed with a combination of antibiotics and other therapy , if detected early. Early detection is key.

9 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Let me start packing my bag.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
yousouphe: I pray this ebola doesn't manifest later, cuz we ve been hearing successfuly managed and discharged without the presssumed vaccine that works for ebola ,now US is praising Nigeria the same US that refused us their ZMAPP isn't this questionable ?

Stop behaving like a village person.

The US did not refuse to give Nigeria ZMapp, they only had 6 doses, ZMapp had not undergone clinical trials yet.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Observator:

Kindly note that Ebola could be managed with a combination of antibiotics and other therapy , if detected early. Early detection is key.

Exactly.

It's not ZMapp that only cures. Early treatment, not running away to your village to hide, and excellent medical care in a good facility is what cures.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by macdanny2000(m): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
lilprinze: Does Nigeria now have Zmapp because all I hear is cases have been successfully managed and patients have been discharged. Abeg what are they taking to manage it?
. I. Thought I was the only one thinking that direction

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Coldfeet(f): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Observator:

If that's true thanks for the info! I thought once contacted its only that premium zmapp that can cure it didnt know antibiotics can curtail it early.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Jerry602(m): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
NOT AGAIN
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by lilprinze: 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Coldfeet: You just took it right out of me I wondered the same too What did they use to treat those that have been discharged? And what are they using on those still in isolation that they couldn't or didn't use on the dead ones? Let them not be counting malaria and typhoid fever survivors as ebola survivors please.
I keep wondering what they are giving them that's makes them to survive and people in oder countries are dying, am happy that they are been discharged but I think their is something that they are hiding from us that's making them survive.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by duni04(m): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
OP is a stu.pid alarmist. The article says sucessfully treated and discharged and not a new case!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by tigonana: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chaii dis disease no wan comot for naija God pls come to our rescue.!!!!!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by priscaoge(f): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
RIP 2 EBOLA! Nigeria will always come out strong. This is goodnews..I thank God oo!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by priscaoge(f): 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
@OP abeg change Ur Topic to something like..."Another Ebola patient discharged in Lagos". This ur topic get as e be mbokundecided
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
lilprinze: I keep wondering what they are giving them that's makes them to survive and people in oder countries are dying, am happy that they are been discharged but I think their is something that they are hiding from us that's making them survive.

Are you aware that MALARIA kills thousands in AFRICA yearly?
The same malaria that you and i will just use artesunat or "wetin be that new one again" for.
Standard of living and early detection is a huge factor. EBOLA killed more people in rural congo, guinea, and liberia due to their dilapidated health care. Not saying Naija is exceptional but it's still way better than those countries so expect more Nigerians to survive it. Eventually, Africans will be immune to EBOLA without the use of the so-called vaccines or drugs. Nature has been doing it this way for ages. Some will die, while others will survive and pass on the immunity.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by lilprinze: 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
macdanny2000: . I. Thought I was the only one thinking that direction
I fear Nigerians I just hope it is not malaria and
typhoid fever survivors they are counting as ebola survivors .

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by emymeeky: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Good
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by eruchboy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
ehm what i have to say is this:we are really improving in curtailng this monkey & bird virus but a major fear are fleeing patients
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by sylve11: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
EbolaParasite:
Nature has been doing it this way for ages. Some will die, while others will survive and pass on the immunity.

Well said! cool
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by morefire: 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nobleval: This is the last Ebola case in Nigeria.

cant be the last case on the news because them never share the 1.9billion finish...

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by parrotibaba(m): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
CityNG:

Stop behaving like a village person.

The US did not refuse to give Nigeria ZMapp, they only had 6 doses, ZMapp had not undergone clinical trials yet.
gbam!!! tell dem !! am getting tired of all dis "America refused to give us zmapp blah blah blah" ...

...early detention n treatment is key to d survival of d affected patients... abeg mk una read n research small naa ? sad sad

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by piagetskinner(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
I thought the whole situation had been curtailed..now another one don show face again..#oluwa gba wa
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by duni04(m): 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
And discharged. Confirmed treated and discharged. U pple should edit the topic again.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by parrotibaba(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
and some peeps d say na malaria n typhoid sick ppl de d treat or dat Nigeria is hiding d formula for treating Ebola ,nawa ooooh! sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of Paul Arisa, Viral Cancer Patient Who Died Recently / Doctors Stunned Sighting Octopus In Patient’s Throat / Coconut Seller Caught Using Water In Gutter To Wash His Coconut .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.