Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,990 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos (41351 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by groovie(m): 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
voltron:

This is why I fear Nigerians greatly. There innate ability to hide the truth. UK France and US are open about the drugs they have and how they are made and the effects on their patients. But Nigerians. No they won't say a word. Tomorrow you will hear that 20 new cases have been confirmed and we would start asking questions. Thanks for asking this one now bro
THEY ARE NOT USING DRUGS!! They treat the manifesting symptoms and the individuals immune system takes care of the rest. That's provided the individual has not started hemorrhaging

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Interim: 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Are you aware that MALARIA kills thousands in AFRICA yearly?
The same malaria that you and i will just use artesunat or "wetin be that new one again" for.
Standard of living and early detection is a huge factor. EBOLA killed more people in rural congo, guinea, and liberia due to their dilapidated health care. Not saying Naija is exceptional but it's still way better than those countries so expect more Nigerians to survive it. Eventually, Africans will be immune to EBOLA without the use of the so-called vaccines or drugs. Nature has been doing it this way for ages. Some will die, while others will survive and pass on the immunity.

I don't understand how you can say something like that so flippantly almost like you're not talking about human lives. The eventually you're talking about will not be immediate, no one knows when or if it will occur so instead the focus should be on so called vaccines and drugs because this is what is working now not some fantasy.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by theoctopus: 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
sandijey: I started getting scared of naija since yaradua died. They never tell the truth. Never[b][/b]. Maybe they don't want people to panic. In a situation like this, nothing should be hidden. Ok so where did this new ebola case come from? Is it from the same sawyer or a different carrier? They shouldn't give us surface gist.
Why do some of you never read. Just a smple read through will help cure your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ndidibabe(f): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
obamartins: Ebola dey mad? e no know where come say naa wrong number e dial. Good News.
No mind am. E no know say this na Naija. The Giant of Africa!!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by jericco1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Well Ebola is now an English word
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Vado(m): 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Honestly on the bright side, this ebola situation reassures that we can still get some things done efficiently in this country. Look at the sacrifices and diligent work people are putting in.

Under threats of death, Nigerians would make a fire with ice. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by lilprinze: 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Are you aware that MALARIA kills thousands in AFRICA yearly?
The same malaria that you and i will just use artesunat or "wetin be that new one again" for.
Standard of living and early detection is a huge factor. EBOLA killed more people in rural congo, guinea, and liberia due to their dilapidated health care. Not saying Naija is exceptional but it's still way better than those countries so expect more Nigerians to survive it. Eventually, Africans will be immune to EBOLA without the use of the so-called vaccines or drugs. Nature has been doing it this way for ages. Some will die, while others will survive and pass on the immunity.
you have a point but I just hope they are not counting malaria,
typhoid and fever survivors as ebola
survivors or lying to us.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by viruz007(m): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
There's no drug for Ebola... It's all about managing the symptoms as they come which i believe is what they are doing. None of the symptoms are untreatable. Diarrhea, stooling, vomiting, headache, fever, all this can be contained hence why it's important people who suspect they might have it should go to and check and allow themselves to be treated.

Happy that they cases r reducing. AT least now we can have peace of mind. cool

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
SimonAndal:
Ebola. Perfect distraction from PDP/APC 2015 brouhaha.

______
Free the gays!

Yes that is too much to ask
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
theoctopus:
Why do some of you never read. Just a smple read through will help cure your ignorance.

I have read it somewhere else. On Linda blog to be precise and they made it seem someone else got it from another source. When I saw it here. I didn't read through. You should learnt not to make conclusions in your head too. I am not ignorant. Plus I just realised the head line is misleading. Tsheeeeeeeew
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by nikkoo(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Remi009:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/167860-lagos-records-another-%E2%80%8Bebola-%E2%80%8Bcase.html#sthash.iBpqYv8x.dpbs

[img]http://3.bp..com/-sxPKJUbxQ5M/VA2OfX88dxI/AAAAAAADf3I/3xcT2izkn8U/s280/1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-UUd_SrRjeKQ/VA2Of59RoOI/AAAAAAADf3M/KxBd9ZqfeK8/s1600/a.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-Fi63-mzPgIU/VA2OgwBKlwI/AAAAAAADf3Y/QGgIFK5sC0s/s1600/b.png[/img]
The Special Assistant to the Minister of Health on Media and Communication, Dan Nwomeh took to twitter to share some of the statements the minister made during a press conference held earlier today Sept. 8th. There's a new confirmed Ebola case in Lagos and the sister of late Port Harcourt doctor, Enemoah, has been discharged.
See more tweets after the break...
[img]http://4.bp..com/-nO1kPKWrcso/VA2Oh8GsRRI/AAAAAAADf3g/ZNG20yQ_Cdk/s1600/3.png[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-8x2dSjlI4z4/VA2OjoSznKI/AAAAAAADf3o/Og88ieTSRZ4/s1600/2.png[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-h65lPTWYUmo/VA2OkOoCGNI/AAAAAAADf3s/n7S_g1WYxrM/s1600/1.png[/img]

http://www..com/2014/09/another-ebola-case-confirmed-in-lagos.html
Jesus power....super power!!!!!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by computerboy: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
didadavid: While we pray for Nigeria, Pray for Ghana also. Some illegal Guineans Just entered Ghana, causing panic and scare among the people over Ebola. Read about it Here

It's like something is wrong with your left kidney mtscheeew
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by 4Play(m): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Observator:
Kindly note that Ebola could be managed with a combination of antibiotics and other therapy , if detected early. Early detection is key.

You recommend treating a viral infection with antibiotics?
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by preciousMI1(f): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
iceberylin: Am Going Their now to Confarm it wink

be speedy about that... I'm waiting

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by donem: 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
duni04: OP is a stu.pid alarmist. The article says sucessfully treated and discharged and not a new case!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
groovie:
THEY ARE NOT USING DRUGS!! They treat the manifesting symptoms and the individuals immune system takes care of the rest. That's provided the individual has not started hemorrhaging

Good! at least make this known.. what is so hard there? build confidence and awareness and lessen anxiety by letting people know that having a healthy immune system outside washing hands and disinfecting clothes is another means of preparing against EVD.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by iceberylin(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
how much u go pay
preciousMI1:

be speedy about that... I'm waiting
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by EMERIT2US(m): 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Coldfeet: You just took it right out of me I wondered the same too What did they use to treat those that have been discharged? And what are they using on those still in isolation that they couldn't or didn't use on the dead ones? Let them not be counting malaria and typhoid fever survivors as ebola survivors please.
They used ewedu and vinegar
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by groovie(m): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
voltron:

Good! at least make this known.. what is so hard there? build confidence and awareness and lessen anxiety by letting people know that having a healthy immune system outside washing hands and disinfecting clothes is another means of preparing against EVD.
yeah, regular hand washing, good sanitary practices, maintaining a high immune system, and early discovery will help fight this crap.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by EMERIT2US(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Observator:

Kindly note that Ebola could be managed with a combination of antibiotics and other therapy , if detected early. Early detection is key.
antibiotics for a viral disease?u must be a learner
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by does3(m): 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
This ebola stuff will soon go this was just a punishment,GOD is still wit us dat's why they are recoverin without the cure
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by nehimartins(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ebola is not curable...no cure has been found yet...Ebola is a viral disease which makes it self limiting ie it can go on its own if one can survive d period of infectivity once d immune system is high..And also wen one have doctors around who can replace d fluid looses thru drips...d reason why Ebola patients have low survival in other countries is because nobody takes adequate care of them and their govt didn't bring out enof money to combat it early..And also remember it was a 55 percent death rate...not every one that contacts it will sure die

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Interim:

I don't understand how you can say something like that so flippantly almost like you're not talking about human lives. The eventually you're talking about will not be immediate, no one knows when or if it will occur so instead the focus should be on so called vaccines and drugs because this is what is working now not some fantasy.

I am merely stating a fact. Anything wrong with that? Please check your temperature. if it is above 26.5 degrees, please report yourself to the ebola center because a symptom of ebola is also confusion.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
does3: This ebola stuff will soon go this was just a punishment,GOD is still wit us dat's why they are recoverin without the cure

Apparently God has not yet recovered from the ManU loss to Everton..
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ceejayluv(m): 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
voltron:

They've said it several times but people won't just listen/read properly.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ceejayluv(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
EbolaParasite:

I am merely stating a fact. Anything wrong with that? Please check your temperature. if it is above 26.5 degrees, please report yourself to the ebola center because a symptom of ebola is also confusion.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by naijaspeak(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
At least this will create job for job seekers. Job seekers can be employed as a water control operative at Access bank. Not a bad idea indeed!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by naijaspeak(m): 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
[size=18pt]At least this will create job for job seekers. Job seekers can be employed as a water control operative at Access bank. Not a bad idea indeed![/size]
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by pingpong1: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
Coldfeet: You just took it right out of me I wondered the same too What did they use to treat those that have been discharged? And what are they using on those still in isolation that they couldn't or didn't use on the dead ones? Let them not be counting malaria and typhoid fever survivors as ebola survivors please.

Maybe those that were discharged never had it. They won't tell us those they are suspecting of having it and those actually treated of the virus. This is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
ceejayluv:

Please don't tell me your temperature is above 26.5 ohh. Chisos. Hope say u neva catch am. Just joking. Nice catch though. The earlier post was also a joke before some grumpy people will start preaching to me here oo

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Donniewestly(m): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thank God NIGERIA is gradually overcoming this evil disease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of Paul Arisa, Viral Cancer Patient Who Died Recently / Doctors Stunned Sighting Octopus In Patient’s Throat / Coconut Seller Caught Using Water In Gutter To Wash His Coconut .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.