Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos (41349 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by carlosflexi: 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
The name of the drug the Nigerian Govt I s using for the Ebola treatment is " NANO SILVA" it's effective even more than the zmagg, and it's cheaper.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Interim: 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
EbolaParasite:

I am merely stating a fact. Anything wrong with that? Please check your temperature. if it is above 26.5 degrees, please report yourself to the ebola center because a symptom of ebola is also confusion.

The problem is your fact is absolutely useless in this situation. Honestly, what use is saying "someday we will be immune from Ebola" when we're not naturally immune from numerous other diseases that have been plaguing us for centuries. Instead of simply typing maybe you should type things which might bring value to the conversation. People are dying, instead of diagnosing me with a case of Ebola maybe give some thought to the severity of the situation. Not a personal attack, just a suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
ceejayluv:
They've said it several times but people won't just listen/read properly.

Not that type of awareness and orientation.. i mean the kind that GEJ Door2Door campaign embarked on prior to his election. the one that had agents going deep into remote areas of Nigeria talking to people and giving health advice. I think N2 billion was allocated for that exercise and it was very effective. N2 billion for Door2Door sensitization is not too much
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ceejayluv(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
carlosflexi: The name of the drug the Nigerian Govt I s using for the Ebola treatment is " NANO SILVA" it's effective even more than the zmagg, and it's cheaper.
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=78062
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by brennyB: 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Edunwa302: ebola has no place in nigeria its a stranger that #most go
Exactly
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by carlosflexi: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
The name of that our Govt is using is NANO SILVER, it's very effective and low side effects and it's also cheap....so encourage the Govt to do more because they are really fighting this ebola epidemic. long live naija..
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ceejayluv(m): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
carlosflexi: The name of that our Govt is using is NANO SILVER, it's very effective and low side effects and it's also cheap....so encourage the Govt to do more because they are really fighting this ebola epidemic. long live naija..
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by eruchboy(m): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
iceberylin: Am Going Their now to Confarm it wink
okay,the rate u are going to confirm things we praying for u if u insist on going ,bring back good news and no carry ebola come nairaland in case something happens please oh coz we no send u

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by omoadeleye(m): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
but that guy dressing those workers should try to be quarantine also, course that is also the clothe they are gonna use to carry Ebola patient ,and he is dressing them without wearing any glove
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
sad i hope dis aint a repeat of spreading false info
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by DECOtech(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
lilprinze: Does Nigeria now have Zmapp because all I hear is cases have been successfully managed and patients have been discharged. Abeg what are they taking to manage it?
I don't know who you are but with all due respect, I want to say that I find your question so under estimating and so belittling for our great country Nigeria and as such, I'm angry with you even though I know you might not give a furkk.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Now let's reason this ebola thing very well. 1.9 billion naira was released for the containment of the disease. Now if there are no more ebola patients or cases within this few month the money was released, don't you think the public would ask questions about the usage of the money? JustSaying
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Legendoscar2: 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
voltron:

This is why I fear Nigerians greatly. There innate ability to hide the truth. UK France and US are open about the drugs they have and how they are made and the effects on their patients. But Nigerians. No they won't say a word. Tomorrow you will hear that 20 new cases have been confirmed and we would start asking questions. Thanks for asking this one now bro

On a 2nd thought Nigeria tried to speak up about something that was developed though not tested and the US WERE the first to wave it off as a PESTICIDE. So please leave Naija alone. Anyway, Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by samseen02(m): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
lilprinze: Does Nigeria now have Zmapp because all I hear is cases have been successfully managed and patients have been discharged. Abeg what are they taking to manage it?
ewedu+salt+bitter kola
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Dieumerci(m): 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Good question, sir. Ebola can be treated when detected early. It's about controlling the fever, the diarrhoea and vomiting, proper feeding of the patient and keeping a good sanitary condition of the isolation centre. The patient would recover provided that the patient does not have a compromised immune system like a PLWA, pregnant woman etc.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ceejayluv(m): 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
Legendoscar2:

On a 2nd thought Nigeria tried to speak up about something that was developed though not tested and the US WERE the first to wave it off as a PESTICIDE. So please leave Naija alone. Anyway, Time will tell.
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
We thank God 4 dat
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by iceberylin(m): 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
just pray 4 me wink[quote
author=eruchboy] okay,the rate u are going to confirm things we praying
for u if u insist on going ,bring back good news and no carry ebola
come nairaland in case something happens please oh coz we no send
u[/quote]
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by lilprinze: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
samseen02: ewedu+salt+bitter kola
lol
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by lilprinze: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dieumerci: Good question, sir. Ebola can be treated when detected early. It's about controlling the fever, the diarrhoea and vomiting, proper feeding of the patient and keeping a good sanitary condition of the isolation centre. The patient would recover provided that the patient does not have a compromised immune system like a PLWA, pregnant woman etc.
thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Sarimah(f): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rilly goodnews!
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by ayforme(m): 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
shocked cool[color=#006600][/color]
god help niaja, me tire oooo
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Munalove(m): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
God's hand is on 9ja
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by otswag(m): 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
voltron:

This is why I fear Nigerians greatly. There innate ability to hide the truth. UK France and US are open about the drugs they have and how they are made and the effects on their patients. But Nigerians. No they won't say a word. Tomorrow you will hear that 20 new cases have been confirmed and we would start asking questions. Thanks for asking this one now bro
see, the good thing about ebola Is That its a self limiting virus which simply means That it Will run its course and eventually die out on its own so if an infected individual Is managed well enough by giving medications and intravenous fluide to control the life threatening symptoms like recurrent diarrhoea and vomiting, high grade fever, hemorrhage and so on, there Is a very good chance of survival. The medications are Just to prolong the patients life long enough for the virus to die out on its own.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
As they broadcast the ebola survivors, let them tighten our borders even more if we don't want an influx of illegals from other 'ebolarized' countries.

The hand of God is upon us; He is a faithful God.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Foxflames: 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Lies!
PH Has no Isolation centre. Nobody was ever isolated
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Reference(m): 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
omoadeleye: but that guy dressing those workers should try to be quarantine also, course that is also the clothe they are gonna use to carry Ebola patient ,and he is dressing them without wearing any glove

Good observation. I've often been alarmed at the way some of them transit from their bio suits to normal clothes. Some decontaminate with chemical sprays while still wearing them before undressing which I presume is correct while others UnCloth and then you see them handling the 'dirty' suits in an attempt to decontaminate them. Is this not wrong and could it not account for the high fatalities among medics who are presumed protected.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by MrDonfranko(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ebola Must Go.

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Reference(m): 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
otswag: see, the good thing about ebola Is That its a self limiting virus which simply means That it Will run its course and eventually die out on its own so if an infected individual Is managed well enough by giving medications and intravenous fluide to control the life threatening symptoms like recurrent diarrhoea and vomiting, high grade fever, hemorrhage and so on, there Is a very good chance of survival. The medications are Just to prolong the patients life long enough for the virus to die out on its own.

Correct except for the blood loss with is a late term presentation and is a result of the destruction of the protein that makes blood to clot. At this stage it is most likely the kidneys, liver and spleen are irreversibly damaged. Survival at that point is next to zero. The body has practically no defences left.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by unclejb2(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
voltron:

why are u a pessimist?
Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by zizytd(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
The reason that ebola was contained in Nigeria, because it came to Lagos first, Atleast pple there are enlighten, if it started in far north, the story could have been different.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos by Beync(f): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
naijaspeak: [size=18pt]At least this will create job for job seekers. Job seekers can be employed as a water control operative at Access bank. Not a bad idea indeed![/size]
go to bed you are dozing off already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of Paul Arisa, Viral Cancer Patient Who Died Recently / Doctors Stunned Sighting Octopus In Patient’s Throat / Coconut Seller Caught Using Water In Gutter To Wash His Coconut .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.