Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,317 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Inside Innoson Auto Factory - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inside Innoson Auto Factory (63541 Views)

Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi Nigeria – World’s 1st Black Owned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by abu12: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2014
2tex:
Na wa for u o. but honestly, what do you know abt Innoson? Seriously. Wetin u know?
U dnt just type wot u know noting about. Havent u heard innoson source some of his materials locally? At least a part of ur brain shud tell u dat those materials were used to manufaacture smtin. Haba, use ur head naw!

Go read abt Innoson with an open mind and educate urself.

Tell me what innoson produce locally that made up his vehicle, is it battery or what and you people shld stop posting pictures of other assembly plant to deceive people like the two on page 1

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2014
persius555: Nigerians should embrace this product. For those who are complaining and grumbling, if u have nothing to offer, just ignore and move on.No one is forcing you to buy. America would not be what it is today, if the founders had the pessimist attitude that some nairalanders exhibit.

I think FG should place a 250% tariff on imported cars.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by hotwax: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2014
nwanna89:

I dont think the manufacture of engines is the pre requisite to call one a manufacturer or assembler. Beoing and Airbus do not manufacture their engines but they are called aircraft manufacturers. To me..manufacture and assemble mean the same thing

Please leave Beoing out of this. They have the largest manufacturing outlets around the world. They build technologies for US army. They build top secret indigenous machines for US government. US cannot outsource their classified hardware out.

Mezedez, Honda, Ford, Toyota don't outsource. They have plants for making engines.

So If innoson is importing everything in China and coming to Naija for assembly, they are assembly point. No more no less.

Actually, there is nothing bad in being an Asembly point. Its a lucrative business. It will boost the economy of the country. It will provide Jobs massively.

I am not attacking innoson. But we just need to classify things the way they are. They are no car manufacturer.

I can go order for many Honder car engine and house them in casing. That doesnt make me a manufacturer.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2014
abu12:

Please which part of the cars is innoson manufacturing in nnewi is it the tyre? The design? The body parts? The engine? The electrical part? The interior? Or innoson just outsource everything to china and come back home to couple it together. So you want to tell me that, that is how benz operate or what? The outsource everything to foreigners

Haba...why is this an issue?

The important thing is that they are creating employment..lets stay positive...
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Arysexy(m): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2014
Innoson suv

Proudly Anambra made.

1 Share

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2014
2tex:
Oga, no single company manufactures all d components used in its products. Talking about computers; pls open up the board of ur popular ''hp'' pc, notice d diff coys dat manufacture d chips and other components there.
Same applies to car manufacturing. Do u for once think Ford, Mercedes etc manufacture all their parts demselves? They outsource, Mr. Literate.

Well said!

I'm just worried Innoson might not actually be manufacturing ANY components in their vehicles.

I can't be right, I'm sure.

They gotta be the ones making the LOGO! !!
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2014
persius555: Nigerians should embrace this product. For those who are complaining and grumbling, if u have nothing to offer, just ignore and move on.No one is forcing you to buy. America would not be what it is today, if the founders had the pessimist attitude that some nairalanders exhibit.

Point of correction: America will not be what it is today if accepted mediocrity and swallowed whole lies hook, line and sinker.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2014
datibo: manufacturing, coupling is the same thing. you people should try n understand that. the coca cola u drink are d raw materials gotten from Nigeria? but they are brought here n then made here. even if he imports all d materials as long as they are assembled in Nigeria they are made in Nigeria. but innoson gets 70% of his spare parts from Nigeria. if we don't appreciate our products who will? Its creating employment, increasing our GDP, increasing standard of living and making our balance of payment more favourable yet all you guys do is criticise instead of encourage

[b]70%?! angry

Jisos.... shocked shocked

Please name a few parts he sources in Nigeria outside of Tyres and brake pads?!

Nobody is questioning the fact that an assembly line in Nigeria creates jobs. Nobody can deny the benefits of Innosons busniess model. But lets not get sentimental about this innoson business.

Our products indeed.. cheesy This is now academic. If Dangote imports rice from China, rebags and sells it in Nigeria, does that make the Rice Nigerian Rice?! undecided

Thats why Innoson importing cars in bits and pieces and assembling them under a different logo still does not make the Car Nigerian. grin

This is not a matter of not supporting "OUR" own, its not like a clear case of Ofada rice versus Basmatti rice.. grin

Below is an example of the Original Bus King Long Post Van which is a 99% replica of one of Innosons buses..

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ghananotnaija(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2014
And Nigerians claim Innoson is a car manufacturer? I wouldn't trust them to fix my car, talkless of making it.

Everything in Nigeria is a fraud. Fradulent and useless. SMH.

Ghana can choose to assemble Chinese garbage too, but Ghanaians won't want to drive in a coffin.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by cockycock: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax: Innoson is an assemble point.

It is not a car factory.

Cut us some slack.

The way Amex will import computer parts from china and assemble and stamp "Amex" on their cases.

It doesnt mean Amex are building IC and chips in ALABA market.

Nigerians should be guided. We are not illiterates

ohhh, So HP and Apple build IC and chips? Check ur system properties,even ur monitor,webcam down to ur dvd rom wasnt't built by the brand u see. Pls go back to the romance section asap

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2014
nwanna89:

Haba...why is this an issue?

The important thing is that they are creating employment..lets stay positive...

They should stop lying to us like we are stuupiid.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by shizzleStar: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2014
whitecat007: I'm not ileke idi, and that's not the issue here!

I said you are fraud, liars, cheat and too desperate, now that's the case against you!
yes we know you are not ileke idi the texas cowgurl, you sound more and more frustrated with each post madam lawyer, you can consider suicide, not a bad idea

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Sep 10, 2014
CityNG:

A cryptic answer if I've ever read one.

So you're saying that IVM products are not safe?

Do you have data to back up this assertion of yours or we just have to trust you?

Trust me?! HELLS NO!!

However, look at the pictures of the assembly line posted here and you would understand better why I wouldnt risk my life inside one of those cars.
Africa is the dumping ground for Chinese vehicles that dont bother with safety ratings. Until such a time as when these cars a safety rated by a recognised entity, I will stay far from them.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2014
As an Igboman, I feel very much insulted by innoson's tactics of calling low quality chinese cars made in Nigeria cars. We Igbos are capable of producing cars much better than these GAC cars. Why can't we do that instead of wallowing in mediocrity?
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Jeezuzpick:

Well said!

I'm just worried Innoson might not actually be manufacturing ANY components in their vehicles.

I can't be right, I'm sure.

They gotta be the ones making the LOGO! !!

The Logo is made in china as well.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Arysexy(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Innoson keep embarrassing the haters, one day they will swallow hatecide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Arysexy(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2014
Coal city shuttle innoson bus cruising the whole enugu city, yet haters are asking if it is safe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Honestly, that factory is too crude but it's a good start though. Secondly, why are the workers not always on PPE? They all look like roadside mechanics rather than professionals.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by whitecat007: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
You are just blowing hot air!

I make sense and refuse to let soulless animals like you get away with lies. You kept saying you are empty and I believe you. You are trying so hard to be relevant. Let your work speak for you, stop stealing pictures from the internet. Innosson is a glorified struggling mechanic shop!
shizzleStar:
Again you are grossly inconsequential and so is your empty opinion. Awwww! lawsuit? i am shaking already, please fast track the law suit already do not delay....what a shrimp!

More like you are insane and frustrated as your evil wish to stop a moving train will remain only but a mirage and you'll remain miserable in thougth
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Erotex(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2014
I wonder if all this haters has a bicycles

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okeikpu(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2014
If not 4the Biafran war,we r supposed to be competing wt Japan n Germany ..... But its cool..we gonna get there... Haters Go n Die tongue

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Which 40% parts please?
Oga, u keep asking about the parts? Go find out urself. Shebi u get internet subscription?

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2014
terrimatix: Honestly, that factory is too crude but it's a good start though. Secondly, why are the workers not always on PPE? They all look like roadside mechanics rather than professionals.

It is a Nigerian thing..

Apart from Companies that work for Oil Giants like Chevron and co, many Nigerian Companies have ZERO HSE or quality control measures in place.

You can imagine the LTI and near misses that would have occured severally in that factory..

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by lagcity(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2014
Ragtag or not, let's not criticize Innoson too much. All big things start small. Pulling off an operation like this in Nigeria can't be easy. If you think this is cakewalk, then you haven't done business in Naija or anywhere for that matter. Innoson is an inspiration.

5 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2014
abu12:

Tell me what innoson produce locally that made up his vehicle, is it battery or what and you people shld stop posting pictures of other assembly plant to deceive people like the two on page 1
I don tell u b4. Put ur brain to work. If i want an information, i first try to find it out myself. U should do desame.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2014
2tex:
Oga, u keep asking about the parts? Go find out urself. Shebi u get internet subscription?

Because it's all lies.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ak47mann(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2014
abu12:

abu you dont no that innoson battery comes from ibeto industry eeeh? mr only good at abu but u are a dicck head thou cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Lilimax(f): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2014
Erotex: I wonder if all this haters has a bicycles
grin

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2014
They are calling us haters because we are exposing their lies and mediocrity.
You can't fool all the people all the time especially in this internet age.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2014
2tex:
Na wa for u o. but honestly, what do you know abt Innoson? Seriously. Wetin u know?
U dnt just type wot u know nothing about. Havent u heard innoson source some of his materials locally? At least a part of ur brain shud tell u dat those materials were used to manufacture smtin. Haba, use ur head naw!

Go read abt Innoson with an open mind and educate urself, and pls dnt tell me to list d parts he manufactures. Go figure it out urself. Make ur brain work small.

Applying for 40% local content logic.. Lets take a case study with one of the cars...

Below are two VERY identical parts.. Apart from the tyres and maybe engine oil, what other part of this car was sourced locally..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1692248_innoson8_jpeg505ac49fdfc72f2e2cfd6fd6e40ebcfc

Innosons Bus

VERSUS

KINGSTAR NEPTUNE L6... Spot

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by shizzleStar: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2014
whitecat007: You are just blowing hot air!

I make sense and refuse to let you soulless animals like you get away with lies. You kept saying you are empty and I believe you. You are trying so hard to be relevant. Let your work speak for you, stop stealing pictures from the internet. Innosson is a glorified struggling mechanic shop!
you mean your father is a soulless animal? no wonder he begot a senseless chimp. 'glorified sruggling mechanic'? says the inconsequential troll who cant resist visiting any innoson related thread to spew her hate and expose her iddioccy. Pls go to court already or die in your misery...not like i care

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ak47mann(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Because it's all lies.
this guy trying to sound intelligent you remind me of those professors in nigeria only good at carrying files up and down but can never invent a common pin prof na onu cool

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Dubai Billionaire’s 15 Year Old Son Gets A N95m Louis Vuitton Ferrari (photos) / The Russian-Made 8 Wheels Shaman All-Terrain Vehicle: The Biggest SUV Ever / Policeman Scratched A Man's Lamborghini In Lagos Traffic (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.