Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University (34321 Views)

7 Benefits Of Attending A Public University / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics / Is FUNAAB, Abeokuta The Most Beautiful Public University Campus In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Pasca07: 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
Chesus another private universities vs public institution hmmmm all i can see here are kids who are undergraduates that doesn't know what life is after graduation or jobless graduates that are still strugling in labour market.....
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by haibe(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
op does not have a valid point except strike action.

The advantages of being in a public university outweigh that of a private university.

Shikena

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Enasco1(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
Na wa oooo counter thread, public n private versity!!!! Rememba all Fingers re nt equal!! Every bodi must nt attend private versity or public versity!!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by laprince(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2014
Lubbish!!!
rubbish !!!
nubiish!!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: On facilities, the only that private universities can boast of being conducive are hostels and lecture halls. There laboratories (for both the humanities and the sciences) are not as equipped as some of those in some public universities. Have you asked yourself why some private universities said the Federal Government should extend grants from the Education Trust Fund, ETF, to them?

Na y govt never extend am cos dem dey fear say private universities go better pass public if they try am

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Horlawoomey(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2014
Titiluvly: I've been waiting for this thread...finally..grin
..... HAPPY VIEWING
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Big Bag of Poo angry

Ya think?

Some of what he wrote there makes sense...especially the funding aspect.

The fact is our public universities will soon be overtaken by the private universties in the near future unless Govt makes hard changes in funding for public universities either by

1.Increasing funding for education by putting 26% of the budget into education

2.Making universities public-private partnerships

3.Increasing fees.

4.Rooting out corruption in the universities

5.Improving technical education.....most people in Unis would benefit from a good technical education,and get jobs even. In Germany, at the age of 14, you have a choice between paid apprenticeships, or going on to higher education. We could do the same in Nigeria....but unfortunately, we want university education for the prestige, and not for the knowledge.(Meanwhile....we lack trained and qualified technicians....who really are the folks who keep our economy working.)

6.Get off oil....and become an industrial economy.....so that we can have the resources.....via tax....to keep our education system running.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by DikSin(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2014
Only three private univ. I knw: Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge. Which among these did u attend, mista taip-wraitagrin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Luminary1(f): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2014
Why z evri body degrading dis post,,....(anyway THERE IS SENSE IN EVRI NONSENSE (EVEN IF SMALL) ABEG DONT MAKE HIM FEEL BAD AFTER WASTING TYM AND MB......

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Gee001: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2014
The other day 50 reasons not to attend a private university, today more reasons not to attend a public university. Please which one should we attend now?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by laurel03(m): 8:00am On Sep 10, 2014
Anything Private things in Nigeria, good than public things from all area of human endeavours because they give you value for your money... From education, security, health,just mention it.... Even public school have categories the first generation are different from second generation to third generation.. Truly the private school might not have big campuses and many courses like most of our public schools but they give them the value for their money.. Just compare from pry to secondary school to our public schools......

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2014
Pasca07: Chesus another private universities vs public institution hmmmm all i can see here are kids who are undergraduates that doesn't know what life is after graduation or jobless graduates that are still strugling in labour market.....

you say!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:01am On Sep 10, 2014
On security, OP, don't generalize. I can boldly beat my chest to say my alma mata, OAU, Ile-Ife is the safest school in Nigeria. This is the only school I know of where there are no cults, where students walk freely even in the middle of the night. People wake up and walk for up to 30 minutes in the dark to read in the class.
I learnt that students who came from other universities during the last NUGA in February that were caught smoking were dealt with by "Awo boys."
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 8:03am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: On security, OP, don't generalize. I can boldly beat my chest to say my alma mata, OAU, Ile-Ife is the safest school in Nigeria. This is the only school I know of where there are no cults, where students walk freely even in the middle of the night. People wake up and walk for up to 30 minutes in the dark to read in the class.
I learnt that students who came from other universities during the last NUGA in February that were caught smoking were dealt with by "Awo boys."

Na fallacy b dis na...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:04am On Sep 10, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

Na y govt never extend am cos dem dey fear say private universities go better pass public if they try am
Why should private universities beg in the first place?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Harkanni1(m): 8:04am On Sep 10, 2014
A neighbour of mine was admitted last year to study chemical engineering with his 174 score in utme and was told to pay a certain amount of money for his post utme without sitting for it. Guess what, it happened in land mark university, one of the leading private university in Nigeria. What about that?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Luminary1(f): 8:05am On Sep 10, 2014
laprince: Lubbish!!!
rubbish !!!
nubiish!!!

SEE UR MOUTH?, AS IF U HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND ONE(a private uni) PLS DONT MAKE NOISE

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by kristylopezz: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2014
When I saw this thread. .I laughed out loud. Op trying to console himself. You just can't fight it. Even my best friend knows that. After trying several times to gain admission into any of the public unis, even as brilliant as she is. She just had to settle for one of these glorified secondary schools in the name of uni.

When I asked her why? Her response was ''my dear wetin I go do na, I don tire''

As wealthy as I am and as wealthy as I will be. My children must attend public university. At least to stop them from reasoning like this op.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Why should private universities beg in the first place?

Broda na asking o...not begging

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Lovren(m): 8:06am On Sep 10, 2014
Try UI, OAU, UNILAG and UNILORIN. Trust me, ur life will never remain the same again.. Private uni ke? If I hear....

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Sibrah: 8:08am On Sep 10, 2014
Cooking by yourself for five year or being in a open 'real' world environment doesn't sound like advantages to me.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 8:08am On Sep 10, 2014
Lovren: Try UI, OAU, UNILAG and UNILORIN. Trust me, ur life will never remain the same again.. Private uni ke? If I hear....

na only unilorin special...as for others...no comment
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by checkiez: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Whether public or private the end justify the means.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:10am On Sep 10, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

Broda na asking o...not begging
Could you differentiate both?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Lovren(m): 8:10am On Sep 10, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

na only unilorin special...as for others...no comment
.. Gbam! Reppin the better by far uni..#unilorin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:10am On Sep 10, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

Na fallacy b dis na...
Go find out.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2014
kristylopezz: When I saw this thread. .I laughed out loud. Op trying to console himself. You just can't fight it. Even my best friend knows that. After trying several times to gain admission into any of the public unis, even as brilliant as she is. She just had to settle for one of these glorified secondary schools in the name of uni.

When I asked her why? Her response was ''my dear wetin I go do na, I don tire''

As wealthy as I am and as wealthy as I will be. My children must attend public university. At least to stop them from reasoning like this op.

bros na all universities runs dey o..
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Luminary1(f): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Gee001: The other day 50 reasons not to attend a private university, today more reasons not to attend a public university. Please which one should we attend now?

ASK GOOGLE OR BETTER STILL DO THE SIMPLE COMPARISM BTW THE TWO.....
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

ahn ahn...ok
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by KnightOfLaif: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

ahn ahn...ok am coming
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Why do graduates of private universities end up doing their Msc or MA is public universities when some private universities run postgraduate programmes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State. / FUOYE Bans Students From Using Cars On Campus (pics) / Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.