Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University (34313 Views)

7 Benefits Of Attending A Public University / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics / Is FUNAAB, Abeokuta The Most Beautiful Public University Campus In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2014
silversonuc:
and have to leave d skool gate with an exit card nd must not return a minute after resumption or a fine is dished out, a skool wia guys nd gals are not allowed to sit on d same row in class, u call dat a uni, u must b kidding me
What is this one saying? Na me tell NUC make them accredit them call am full fledged university?

Shift jor.
And FYI at Madonna, boys and girls can mix up, a boy can even lap a girl at class.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by reincarnation: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Yommy247: trash!!!
Absolute trash cheesy

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by goodygirl1(f): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Pasca07: lol,sharap 80 percent of OAU lecturers devote 70 percent of their time at lead city compare to OAU......
this is not an issue of the lecturers but the product which is we students...i met diff students during IT days...private uni students [b][/b]hardly cope....anyways don't take it personal...no argument cos u can't change my point of view
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Muzikluva(m): 9:20am On Sep 10, 2014
promisechild: This your write-ups really shows the reason you resorted to attending a private university having failed jamb severally.

bullet point

your write-ups is full with gbaguan

d two of u are d same!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 10, 2014
Jealousy tongue

ayukdaboss:
Big Bag of Poo angry
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by osho3mtech(f): 9:23am On Sep 10, 2014
Re u a demon? maybe u re possessed with a demonic spirit. And if u dont take time u will drink ur own blood. As for me. My blood is bitter, and I am covered with d blood of jesus
Anyi3: lol I smell blood
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by tipforgame: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2014
it's really wise to attend a public university
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by omolizzy(f): 9:24am On Sep 10, 2014
At OP ur number 6 is baseless,ridiculous n senseless. Who has bin feeding u wit dat crap dat u can slap a lecturer in public school? Oh no am just so angry. Pls try it in my alma mata n I swear by the new n old gods(lol,game of thrones) na immediate expulsion. Ok,anoda is u receiving call in a class. Ur fone would b seized,u would b sent out n u may never attend his/her class again. Pls get ur facts right bfor spewing pooooo. Tank u as u comply
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
What is this one saying? Na me tell NUC make them accredit them call am full fledged university?

Shift jor.
And FYI at Madonna, boys and girls can mix up, a boy can even lap a girl at class.

if u a madonna student i can swear dat one of ya greatest regrets is eva entering dat adult nursery skool
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 10, 2014
Don't mind the kpakos like me beefing rich kids like you but modify your post and correct your typos because that is what they are holding against you. Even thou some of them write with a dictionary close to them cheesy

OduntanGabriel: This is a counter thread to what was written by a fellow nairalander.

Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.

1)Conducive Environment : When you look at some government owned universities,you wonder if this is actually a secondary school or what? The government of nigeria doesn't really show much concerns to their schools but private university believes that a conducive environment is very essential for learning. When you go to private universities for a tour , you don't feel like leaving there, they have things in place for learning. You see student of public university overcrowded(receiving lectures through the window or standing @ the door) how do you learn in this environment,with so much heat thanks to the over population.

2)COST: Yea, I know you do be surprised I said cost. Private universities are expensive, you don't expect education to be cheap. The are expensive because they give you value for money. I leave you with the slogan which says if education is expensive try ignorance.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

4)SECURITY: Our public schools are not safe,not even safe for the lecturers not to talk of the students. Many student have lost their lives to this game called Cultism (even the innocent ones). Some lecturers who refuse to dance to the tune of this so called school prefects have kicked the bucket. What is the essence of making a 1st class in public universities and on your graduation day or final exam ,you get wasted. Abraham Maslow's listed 5 hierarchy of needs and SAFETY is one of it. Our Public universities are not safe for learning

5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years or carry over? Strike has been one of the main problem facing the education system in nigeria. Some people entered the university @ the age of 25 with the hope of finishing a 4 years course but due to strike actions the finished at the age of 31 and couldn't go for their youth service because they are above 30years. In a private university, you know when you are graduating except the student failed some courses which lead to extra years.

6) Discipline: There is discipline in private university, you don't slap your lecturer, you don't threaten your fellow colleague. You don't run away from lecturers,you don't receive calls while having lectures, all because you want to party or flex. Remember , the main reason you are in school is too learn. Private university instill discipline on their student unlike public university.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Pasca07: 9:27am On Sep 10, 2014
goodygirl1: this is not an issue of the lecturers but the product which is we students...i met diff students during IT days...private uni students [b][/b]hardly cope....anyways don't take it personal...no argument cos u can't change my point of view
personal?i am here to catch fun on nairaland simply becuase your opinion on nairaland has nothing to do with the real world.....during my siwes,same way i met lot of public institution students who hardly cope...........
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by StunnerEdy(f): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2014
The guy's right though. Private universities remain best in Nigeria :-p ( tongue's out to haters)
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Why do graduates of private universities end up doing their Msc or MA is public universities when some private universities run postgraduate programmes?
Mr man only few. Most of them do their post graduate abroad. And why do the 1st class doing their post graduate in public uni beat their public uni undergraduate?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by selfmadeOLX(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2014
Private Uni
Class ; Ali is a boy
Exams ; Ali is a _ _ _? undecided na Boy na

Public Uni I hail thee grin
Class ; Ali is a boy (go and make your research)
Exams ; If Ali had a twin, how many fingers all together do they have?
And the public uni students be like shocked
And still come out in flying colours after series of brain cracking!

My point is
. A Private 1st class student is = to a 2.2 Public student when it comes to Trashing it out raw
. Private uni are in for the popularity contest while public uni is in for the real deal

Ces't fini

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2014
silversonuc:

if u a madonna student i can swear dat one of ya greatest regrets is eva entering dat adult nursery skool
I knew you would arrive at that. But, guess what you failed without honor.
I'm no Madonna university student.
tongue

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2014
fyneboi79: Your grammar is quite poor for a student who attended a private university. This is another reason not to do so,cos ‎u won't have the chance to actually rub minds with d movers and shakers of JAMB grin
And after JAMB nko? Sbebi JAMB will give u job after graduating. No wonder students with 250+ end up in second class lower.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by goodygirl1(f): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2014
Pasca07: personal?i am here to catch fun on nairaland simply becuase your opinion on nairaland has nothing to do with the real world.....during my siwes,same way i met lot of public institution students who hardly cope...........
Guy no wahala....everybody with his own opinion...no time to check the time..
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2014
playcharles: The OP must be high on water

or conji sef, dats wat private uniz do to one, induce frustration tru conji nd u come here vent ya agony on nairaland
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Olutola88(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2014
OP, are you telling me that you are not aware of a Public University that has all the desirable hallmarks you listed above @ a very cheap rate and producing more academically sound students? Are you telling me you do not know the “better by far” university? The prestigious University of Ilorin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2014
EldaTimba:
Did you just say they don't have equipped laboratories because FG want to support them? What a baseless argument. Go to CU, Babcock, AUN and edit ur post. U definitely ave not visited a private university
Why were some private universities begging the FG to extend the ETF to them?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Pasca07: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I can see the effect of your private university in the way you write. Next time improve in your written English. This is not SMS, where you're charged, and resort to writing in mnemonics to save money.
you see your life?what makes you think i finished from a private institution?lol pls update yourself to save you from embarassment........
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
I knew you would arrive at that. But, guess what you failed without honor.
I'm no Madonna university student.
tongue
den b a man, own up wch of d adult nursery skools dat is raising u, dnt lie, own it up as a man d house is waiting
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2014
On strike, OP, could you deny Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, went on strike over the demonstration of students over poor health facilities?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Dopefiend(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2014
goodygirl1: This is horrible....we all know the quality of private universities is low compared to a public uni....can u compare a lead city graduate with an OAU graduate....abeggi...ebola no be HIV mate!!!....just passing by tho...

Lol. Not a very sound comment. Why would you compare the quality of private uni and public uni? Public unis that their lecturers don't care about the students. All they do is issue handouts and chill for those that want to 'block'. Public schs that there are ill-equipped laboratories? Public schs that the students affairs don't care about the students? Now can you compare a covenant uni graduate with an AAU graduate? undecided
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2014
beebee5000:

With this your grammar, grin ;DI'm so glad to have attended a public University

lmao its a gbagaun infested post
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Pasca07: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2014
peppyluv02: Yea like the babcock guy that hacked his father to death tongue
Thou I smell a lil bit of envy on this thread. The truth is that most people attend private universities for the reasons the Op listed and not because of Jamb or whatever.

If you wanna judge op by his typo then you are so wrong because a lot of graduates from public schools can't speak or write well. NYSC has proved that to us and they mostly come from state schools. My course rep then will always say 'Are you understooding me'? Several times he's being corrected and he will always defend himself with 'English no be my papa language'.

If you have the money,spend it.

Anyway, coming soon...101 reasons not to attend UNIBUJA undecided

Chesus,are u sure a public university graduate can't speak good and perfect english?i don't believe it because from my own perspective we public university graduates are the best............
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Horlawoomey: The OP should not have started what he cannot finish, see bashing everywhere............... 7th reason not to attend a private university ; You will not know where to create a counter thread.

lol bros ehn dis private university peeps aint loyal
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Could you prove how the "better" funding private universities get over the public ones has given them an edge? Have you ever heard of a graduate of a private university toping his class in a postgraduate class? How many of their first class graduates won the FG scholarship?
Are you for real?http://loadedstuff.com/private-universities-better-than-public-varsities-jonathan/
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by EldaTimba(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Adedayo516: Take this scenario.... A UI and Covenant University student are both vying for a job... They both pass the first test, the second, and then the third.. With both of them locked on points... As an employer which of them would you give the employment too??

I will employ the one with the better connection
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by PassingShot(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Chidinho10: Most students in private universities are students that failed JAMB.

You can say that again.

Wish I can like your post multiple times.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Pasca07: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
peppyluv02: Don't mind the kpakos like me beefing rich kids like you but modify your post and correct your typos because that is what they are holding against you. Even thou some of them write with a dictionary close to them cheesy

hahahahahahaha you are funny oooo so you mean we public univ graduates have oxford dictionary with us to avoid mistakes?na lie joor we are perfect and the best ...........
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 9:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Pasca07: Chesus another private universities vs public institution hmmmm all i can see here are kids who are undergraduates that doesn't know what life is after graduation or jobless graduates that are still strugling in labour market.....
ur commenting here doesnt make u any different

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ogun: Smoking Schoolgirls Asked To Return To Class / Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State. / 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.