Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University (34281 Views)

7 Benefits Of Attending A Public University / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics / Is FUNAAB, Abeokuta The Most Beautiful Public University Campus In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by ayobase(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2014
OduntanGabriel: This is a counter thread to what was written by a fellow nairalander.

Here are the 6 reasons why I attending a private university is good for you.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

5) STRIKE ACTION: OMG, why would a 4years course becomes 6years without any extra years or carry over? Strike has been one of the main problem facing the education system in nigeria. Some people entered the university @ the age of 25 with the hope of finishing a 4 years course but due to strike actions the finished at the age of 31 and couldn't go for their youth service because they are above 30years. In a private university, you know when you are graduating except the student failed some courses which lead to extra years.

I can only MANAGE with these two........OTHERS ARE TOTAL CRAP!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2014
selfmadeOLX: Private Uni
Class ; Ali is a boy
Exams ; Ali is a _ _ _? undecided na Boy na

Public Uni I hail thee grin
Class ; Ali is a boy (go and make your research)
Exams ; If Ali had a twin, how many fingers all together do they have?
And the public uni students be like shocked
And still come out in flying colours after series of brain cracking!

My point is
. A Private 1st class student is = to a 2.2 Public student when it comes to Trashing it out raw
. Private uni are in for the popularity contest while public uni is in for the real deal

Ces't fini
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by jamal1010: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2014
2)COST: Yea, I know you do be surprised I said cost. Private universities are expensive, you don't expect education to be cheap. The are expensive because they give you value for money. I leave you with the slogan which says if education is expensive try ignorance.

3)CONNECTION: No matter how rich a man is,if he doesn't have connection,he's useless. Private universities creates an avenue for you to meet the sons and daughters of the rich and powerful men in our societies. The Dangotes and otedolas have their sons ,daughters, nephew etc in this so called private universities and this can easily elevate you. Being a scholar does not guarantee you an employment opportunity in our society except you are connected. Isn't it a good thing to be dinning and winning with the crème de la crème of society? Answer me

You went to a private university and your English is this poor? Shame on you.
Number 2 point, what do you mean by 'yeah, I know you do be surprised'?
And in point number 3, ' is that how you spell 'wining' and 'dining'? Haba repeat your 500 level jor!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by thelastgenius: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Public Uni's in this country are as dead as can be..
No doubt they produced the great leaders we have today, but you can't reasonably compare the quality of education they gave back then to what is given out today.
The qualities this Uni's possesed have dropped drastically due to low funding and other factors..

Public Uni students are just living in the past glory these schools had.

A very simple Analogy for You to understand......

The Nigerian Education Sector is like the English Premier League...(Boasting of (Teams like Chelsea, Arsenal e.t.c)

The Public Universities are like Liverpool.
This team was a force to reckon with back then....I think they boast of about 19 league titles...Over the years the club management has reduced its spending which results to why the Club is flooded with just a bunch of average players( Even though they get the job done at times). This changes have drastically reduced the quality performance the club used to have. Notwithstanding , they still remain a force to reckon with.

Now what team do we liken Private Uni's to??

Your guess is as good as mine.....

Manchester city.
Why??......They are the money bags!...

They came upon sudden fortune....and they gradually Overhauled their formerly average squad.
Today they show-case One of the best, if not the best squad in the league.
And yes!.. they get the results, even more often than Liverpool.... Why?...Cause they posses every facility and quality needed to win the league...And yet this quality keeps increasing.

But them neva get titles reach liverpool sha.

Apologies to Liverpool fans...No puns intended

#Proudly a Private Uni Student.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Anyi3(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2014
osho3mtech: Re u a demon? maybe u re possessed with a demonic spirit. And if u dont take time u will drink ur own blood. As for me. My blood is bitter, and I am covered with d blood of jesus

You have been noticed. Now go cook or clean or gossip.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by obiscolly(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2014
@op u're confused.. your post goes a long way to show how private university grads think..* I wanna assume you're one.*

I'm sure your discipline explains why a student of Redeemers Uni butchered his father to death
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Anyi3(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2014
Padipadi: you get ebola?
Why ya nose dey ooze blood?

Mehn I hope you attended or plan to attend public or private. Anyone of them would teach figures of speech
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by agedmanng: 10:55am On Sep 10, 2014
Hmmmmm! After reading comments from all e-friends. I can only imagine, if 'he' the OP was given birth to by a father who couldn't afford him a private University education what would he have done? And if you who is rooting for public Universities were to be the son/daughter of a millionaire that can afford a private University would you have chosen a public University?

All I see here are biased comments. People pour out their minds based on their situations. In US, Europe the rich send their children to private Universities and the Ivy leagues. The children of the not-well-to-do financially are mostly found in the public schools. It's the norm all over the world. Who says you are better of because you attended either of the arorementioned. Why not accept your fate? Be proud of who you are today with or without the institution attended and let there be #peace in our land.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread and the other expose the stupidity and ineptitude nature of our youths wasting time on trivia issues. How I wish common sense is still common.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by thelastgenius: 10:59am On Sep 10, 2014
obiscolly: @op u're confused.. your post goes a long way to show how private university grads think..* I wanna assume you're one.*

I'm sure your discipline explains why a student of Redeemers Uni butchered his father to death

So they didn't teach you in your public school that an individuals personality is not formed overnight??

It was the school that taught him how to butcher abii??

Public Uni students no they Off people??

Think Correctly Bro.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by dayosaurus(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2014
Pure trash... no private school has ever qualified for the zain Africa challenge. where all schools in Africa compete, UI n another public school have won the competition. Past glory indeed.. we all know private schools are places where rich peeps dump their autistic and mentally challenged wards.

right]
thelastgenius: Public Uni's in this country are as dead as can be..
No doubt they produced the great leaders we have today, but you can't reasonably compare the quality of education they gave back then to what is given out today.
The qualities this Uni's possesed have dropped drastically due to low funding and other factors..

Public Uni students are just living in the past glory these schools had.

A very simple Analogy for You to understand......

The Nigerian Education Sector is like the English Premier League...(Boasting of (Teams like Chelsea, Arsenal e.t.c)

The Public Universities are like Liverpool.
This team was a force to reckon with back then....I think they boast of about 19 league titles...Over the years the club management has reduced its spending which results to why the Club is flooded with just a bunch of average players( Even though they get the job done at times). This changes have drastically reduced the quality performance the club used to have. Notwithstanding , they still remain a force to reckon with.

Now what team do we liken Private Uni's to??

Your guess is as good as mine.....

Manchester city.
Why??......They are the money bags!...

They came upon sudden fortune....and they gradually Overhauled their formerly average squad.
Today they show-case One of the best, if not the best squad in the league.
And yes!.. they get the results, even more often than Liverpool.... Why?...Cause they posses every facility and quality needed to win the league...And yet this quality keeps increasing.

But them neva get titles reach liverpool sha.

Apologies to Liverpool fans...No puns intended

#Proudly a Private Uni Student.
[/right][url][/url]
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by joywendy(f): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2014
osho3mtech: I use this thread as a point of contact to reach all those children believing and hoping in GOD to get into a good school and a course of dier choice. Receive ur Miracle now. "TAKE IT" ur admission is on ur door now the funding already taking care of by our lord jesus. Believe it and so shall it be.
na wa oh! It has gotten to this now lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by nickz(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2014
kershley: grin grin grin grin grin BUSTED!!!
cheesygringrin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by DanMaikudi(m): 11:11am On Sep 10, 2014
I rep AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY grin

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by obiscolly(m): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2014
thelastgenius:

So they didn't teach you in your public school that an individuals personality is not formed overnight??

It was the school that taught him how to butcher abii??

Public Uni students no they Off people??

Think Correctly Bro.
Discipline is a personal thing. It starts from home. The university can do little or nothing about it. I'm just saying the @op's argument that Private unis instill discipline in students doesn't hold water. If not why will most CU students want to kill demselves with parties and alcohol during their holiday? That says a lot!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by thelastgenius: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2014
dayosaurus: Pure trash... no private school has ever qualified for the zain Africa challenge. where all schools in Africa compete, UI n another public school have won the competition. Past glory indeed.. we all know private schools are places where rich peeps dump their autistic and mentally challenged wards.

right][/right][url][/url]

Alright sir,
But isn't it this same "mentally challenged and autistic wards" that sweep the federal government scholarship for first class grads...

Get your facts right!

Tell me,....Hopefully 10-15 years from now Yu'll prolly be rich ...Would you let your children go through the pains you suffered in your public schools??...

I personally believe that schools like UI and OAU have got good brains.....Apart from this two ehn....the rest na story.

Kindly erase that mentality of rich people dump their wards in Priv unis...Not all Priv Uni students have rich parents. And surely every Public Uni also has its own "mentally challenged and autistic" students.

Any school that doesn't qualify for Zain africa challenge is trash shey?? Ok sir. Priv Unis are trash.
Satisfied?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2014
So new topics on nairaland is now for counter purposes
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by PreciousGem(f): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2014
Chidinho10: Most students in private universities are students that failed JAMB.

That's pure lie from ignorant. They are brilliant student in private universities who did well in there jamb and are doing much better in the university. let not deceive ourselves with something that isn't true
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by thelastgenius: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2014
obiscolly:
Discipline is a personal thing. It starts from home. The university can do little or nothing about it. I'm just saying the @op's argument that Private unis instill discipline in students doesn't hold water. If not why will most CU students want to kill demselves with parties and alcohol during their holiday? That says a lot!

Individual choices Bro....that's what it is.

I get your point.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 10, 2014
No matter the reasons u give OP,public universities will always be better than the private ones
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by tolu4you: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2014
Gee001: The other day 50 reasons not to attend a private university, today more reasons not to attend a public university. Please which one should we attend now?
100 reasons not to go to school. coming soon
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by geophyscist: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2014
flolancracker: And most students in public universities are the ones who cheated their way through.

At the end of their Bsc degrees, the private graduate turns out to be the better graduate. Not hating on public universities, I'm simply paying you back in your own coins, because you generalised first.
but at least public uni admit 90 percent student while private uni admit 90 percent money
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by silversonuc(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
undecided If you are jobless. PM me to get you a good-paying job.
gay
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Horlawoomey: ..... HAPPY VIEWING

Lol..dearie..how far nau?
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
silversonuc:
gay
grin I guess you've got nothing else meaningful to say.

Die away!
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chidinho10: Most students in private universities are students that failed JAMB.

simple and short.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by fyneboi79(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
EldaTimba:
And after JAMB nko? Sbebi JAMB will give u job after graduating. No wonder students with 250+ end up in second class lower.
Employee Employee employee!!! That's only what ‎u can be undecided Can't ‎u tink of starting ‎ur own business no matter how small 1st class Zombie grin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by bamvik(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
They should also attend private Nysc Camp grin
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by sutst: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
all na skol, but d way fed gov d fund fed uni na big problem, if dey continue like dis in 20yrs 4rm knw e go b like govt primary vs private, bcs sum prof are knw sending thier children to private uni. but 4 me wen I make moni all my children ko go private 4rm primary to secondary to uni. even hospital na private
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by akinkudin: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
In my opinion, you can pursue an education or certificate wherever you can afford (public, private, overseas etc).
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by joseph1832(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
I most say OP this post of your's is heavily laden with fallacy. You proved that you are a first hand product of the substandard private university education. I tell you, you bring a guy who read pol-sci from O.A.U and another guy who read pol-sci from Covenant university I guarantee you that the difference between the O.A.U graduate of pol-sci will far surpass that of Covenant university.
Re: 6 Reasons Not To Attend A Public University by Deefuray(f): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
#TEAMUNIBEN

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman / Jamb Utme Result / 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.