Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage (863 Views)

Why You Should Test-Drive Your Partner Before Marriage / Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage / It's Seems Everybody Have Sexaul Relatnshp With Their Partner Before Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by clemigho(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
During the weekend I paid a visit to a friend of mine & while there, a cousin sister of his came to break the news of her coming wedding. This conversation came up between them:
Cousin Sister (CS): Big bros am actually here to inform u dat me & my fiance, we are taking our relationship to d next stage which is marriage & we are planning visiting both of our parents to do the needful & choosing of date for our wedding.
My Guy (MG): Really! this is a good news, congrats.
CS: Thanks
MG: hmm... my sister hope both of u are really set to embark on this journey
CS: haba! big bros... yes of course we are more than set.
MG: well am asking base on experience as a married man... by the way 've you both answered some of the important questions about marriage?
CS: big bros abeg na wish questions be important questions of marriage...
MG:okay... have u asked your fiance of what he will do if all of your offspring's happens to be one kind of sex... say girls?
CS: no we never discussed such probability
MG: what of if your union have delayed child bearing or no issue at all?
CS God forbid... bros are you wishing me bad & why are u being negative
MG: am not wishing you bad nor being negative but this are some of the realities & eventuality of marriage.

So back to my topic, please fellow nairalanders, especially the experienced married ones & marriage counselors, what are the questions one need to ask his/her intending life partner before getting married.
I really want to learn so do others who are yet to marry like me.
Thanks.
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by wikiman(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
ask if he or she is born again...

trust me

u need it
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by addictiv(m): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
her genotype

1 Like

Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by Sparrow13: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Am here to learn.
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by Dygeasy(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
wikiman: ask if he or she is born again...

trust me

u need it
There is a born again couple whose divorce saga is rocking the whole nation at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by Ezeanna: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
These questions are important:

1.would any relative of ours live with us when we get married?

2. Would you consider adoption as an option if we were unable to have our own children?

3. What number of children would we have; is a male child a must have before we stop childbearing?

4. What is your view on polygamy?

5. How would you treat infidelity? Is it an unforgivable offense or would you be willing to reconsider if the other is genuinely sorry?

6. (a)Would you support a career-oriented wife to achieve her dream? (b) what would you do if your husband loses his job, business or source of income?

OP, these are just a few and it might not apply to everyone. Each of us has a reason for wanting to get married and our expectations from our partners differ. But it is imperative that we ask the questions that bother us even when we are afraid of the answer we might get. It is at the courtship stage that all of these questions are asked,answered and priorities aligned for the greater good of the couple involved.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
One question covers it all; Are you ready for this? cheesy
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by fnep2smooth(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
addictiv: her genotype
i agree with you. Thats very important
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by wikiman(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dygeasy: There is a born again couple whose divorce saga is rocking the whole nation at the moment.
they will scale thru
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by jnrbayano(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Health status related questions first and foremost ie the HIV status, the genotype, the blood group, fertility....etc
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by rattlesnake(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
jnrbayano: Health status related questions first and foremost ie the HIV status, the genotype, the blood group, fertility....etc
these questions dont produce homes
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
Her Age?

Crime History?.... so many things to ask.
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by jnrbayano(m): 6:31am On Sep 10, 2014
rattlesnake: these questions dont produce homes

Which questions do?
Re: What Are The Right Questions U Need To Ask Ur Partner Before Marriage by dwilliams: 6:35am On Sep 10, 2014
How many Abortions av u done in d past

(1) (Reply)

This Question Is For All Eligible. Bachelor And Spinster / My Thoughts On Olamib's Post / What Grade Are You In Your Relationshp: As For Me A1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.